PDA

View Full Version : PCARS Self Help Group

jimmyb_84
28-06-2015, 22:43
I've been playing this game a lot since it came out, I think I need to share with the group

Hours played: 64.59

Most mileage: McLaren GT3 3804.3Km

Now I have that off my chest I feel better.

Please share your admissions... and feel better.

Remember no matter how bad it gets your never alone

:)

TheReaper GT
28-06-2015, 22:51
Hi, my name is Edu and I'm a Project Cars Addict.

Mark Quigley
28-06-2015, 22:59
Oh man don't, lolygag will come and show you his, it's massive.

His hours played chaps, hours played :D

321Respawn
28-06-2015, 23:02
I would but my save game has been corrupted many times so it would be far from accurate .

DECATUR PLAYA
28-06-2015, 23:03
Hi my name is Decatur Playa. 151 hours of gameplay and yes I am a Pcars addict. I have friends we're going to need a bigger meeting place. While we're at it might as well set up the marriage counseling thread also.

Projectmanager
28-06-2015, 23:08
Hi my name is russ,and ime a projectcarsaholic, ime going into simulator rehab every night,
I confess to playing for at least 80 hours,
By the way ,favourite car is ...all of them,...I need help,

Brooksmeister13
28-06-2015, 23:35
At first it started small, you know, just 3 lap races in the shifter karts. But after a while the buzz I was feeling went away. I branched out to formula cars for that rush of speed and excitement, but even that wasn't enough for me. Then my sessions got longer: 1 hour, 3 hours, 12 hours. Just the other day I used GT3 and my session lasted ALL. DAY. LONG. God knows what will happen if I start experimenting with prototypes.
My name is Ryan and I'm a Project CARS addict.

DECATUR PLAYA
28-06-2015, 23:36
Hi my name is russ,and ime a projectcarsaholic, ime going into simulator rehab every night,
I confess to playing for at least 80 hours,
By the way ,favourite car is ...all of them,...I need help,

Favorite car is all of them. Ain't that the truth ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

bc525
28-06-2015, 23:43
I'm Brad and I'm addicted to the Ford Mustang Cobra Trans-Am car in Project CARS. I just keep racing more and more laps in this car.

TrevorAustin
28-06-2015, 23:46
I've done iver 4000 miles in FA, 5000 in oreca nissan and over 6000 at le mans. Oh dear :)

ian2726
28-06-2015, 23:50
I raced a 3 hour gt3 race tonight. The wife came back from a 13 hour shift, I hadn't hoovered so she had to do it. When I emerged from the Xbox room all sweaty and barely able to walk she gave me no sympathy at all. I feel unloved by her.

Ingo_Schwartz
28-06-2015, 23:53
I'm Ingo and I'm a pCARS addict.

Most driven Car Formula A 5317,1 km
Most driven track Le Mans 2627,1 km
Hours played 219,16 according to the game.
Steam says I've played 293hours

Tortuosit
29-06-2015, 03:35
Hello. My Name is Michael and I was 10 hours in Controller-Configland. Uncle Steam says, I played 11 hours.

Mr.Smoke
29-06-2015, 03:52
My name is Cody. Father of 2 boys & 28 yrs old. Im also a pCARS addict. I simply cant help myself. I have 100 hours logged, but had started over with 30 hours on a previous save. I have spent 90-95 hours online.

Favourite Car
BMW Z4 GT3
9,072 KM
29 Wins

Favourite Track
Spa
1,780 KM
6 Wins

Online Performance
190 Races Entered
31 Wins
94 Podiums
136 Pole Positions

Brooksmeister13
29-06-2015, 04:09
I really need to find more money so I can get a wheel set up, and Playstation+ for online, and donate to Project CARS 2, and then get a better PC so I can run it, but then I would need to buy Project CARS again for PC. So really I'm not as much of an addict as I COULD be. ;)

amazed
29-06-2015, 04:28
Hi, my names Adam.
Bought PCars Limited Edition on PS4 one day one (preordered)
Within a week bought a T100 and Wheel Stand Pro.
Bought Racing Icons pack.
Bought Gold Membership for PCars2.
Thinking about getting a PC.

I think I'm addicted to Project Cars.

jason
29-06-2015, 04:41
Hi my name is Jason I am a reformed PCars player logged over 200hrs

I played need for speed once and that has driven me from wanting to play another racing game again.

I hope I don't relapse when they bring some DLC. 209917

Wolkenwolf
29-06-2015, 06:39
Hi all,
i'm Andreas i believe and i would like to drive with yennefer and triss in an open pagani zonda ... whats wrong with me ?

macto
29-06-2015, 06:53
333 hours for me according to Steam. I think I do need help, but I don't want it.

jimmyb_84
29-06-2015, 08:20
Now don't we all feel better?

Anyone else.... it clears the mind and makes you faster

boksandbom
29-06-2015, 08:45
Basically since may 7
- work less
- sleep less
- f..k less

Im 38 and i m a PC addict need help

jimmyb_84
29-06-2015, 08:49
Basically since may 7
- work less
- sleep less
- f..k less

Im 38 and i m a PC addict need help

We are here for you....

chig88
29-06-2015, 09:45
Literally logged on here to start the exact same thread. Damn you jimmyb_84 (shakes fist)!

60 hours so far for me. Would've been a lot more if it weren't for unnecessary distractions, such as work and the requirement to eat and drink.

Will admit that I have fallen head over heels with driving any GT3 car around Laguna Seca for hours on end. And giggling like a school girl when I get the Corkscrew right :D

jimmyb_84
29-06-2015, 09:48
Literally logged on here to start the exact same thread. Damn you jimmyb_84 (shakes fist)!

60 hours so far for me. Would've been a lot more if it weren't for unnecessary distractions, such as work and the requirement to eat and drink.

Will admit that I have fallen head over heels with driving any GT3 car around Laguna Seca for hours on end. And giggling like a school girl when I get the Corkscrew right :D

Great minds and all that....

DECATUR PLAYA
29-06-2015, 21:20
Inlaws coming in town thursday for 2 weeks I'm scared they will find me out. Need advice

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:27
Inlaws coming in town thursday for 2 weeks I'm scared they will find me out. Need advice

you are screwed, inlaws sniff those dirty things from their home. Why do you think they are coming? It's an intervention bro, RUN.

Hengist
29-06-2015, 21:35
333 hours for me according to Steam. I think I do need help, but I don't want it.

Lol. If they try to make you go to rehab, tell 'em no, no, no. :)

jimmyb_84
29-06-2015, 21:37

Go for a really long poo and take the vita, you could even make sure you eat sea food the day before! Should give you at least an hour.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:40
Go for a really long poo and take the vita, you could even make sure you eat sea food the day before! Should give you at least an hour.

They will acuse him of being full of sh1t. :D:D:D

centurian
29-06-2015, 21:48
6 hours played .. gave up playing after too many unhandled exception crashes.
141 hours on AC and not one crash :yes:

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:58

Awesome, buddy

DECATUR PLAYA
29-06-2015, 23:03

Watch out y'all the Cops are lurking. Just joking it took me 6 hours to setup my controller the wrong way. This stuff may be to powerful for you glad you was able to beat the habit. The in-laws go to bed early and I party late might work out if I don't use my headset.

Lawndarts
29-06-2015, 23:22

Heroin vs meth right there...

I had some weird gitters and paranoia from using pcars for about 30 hours, was able to shake it until it's a better refined batch... But the jonesing is intense...

MuddyPaws73
30-06-2015, 01:30
I don't know about the rest of you, but I can stop at any time. Oh sure I've spend $500 on a wheel and stand and $1300 on computer parts so I can try the game on a reasonably equipped PC. Oh sure the wife won't talk to me (something about growing up and acting my age) and the dog growls when I come out of "the cave". But, I can stop at any time, it's just I enjoy it too much right now. Just a few more laps...

PTG Claret
30-06-2015, 06:23
My name is Dan, and I've been clean of Project Cars for over a week now.

However, upon release of patch 2.0, I may end up falling off the wagon.

You never fully recover......

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 06:31
Ok, I'll come out of the cupboard too and admit in public - I'm a alcoracing addict. That's being addicted to racing on PCars and addicted to alcohol. The racing on PCars addiction came from many hours of enjoyable racing and the alcohol addiction from a few posts here on the forum which sometimes drives me there. But hey. I'm ok - good news there's still a few threads to read which just might take me back to some alcohol again. Off to reading now. ;)

hkraft300
30-06-2015, 07:02
My name is Haider and I'm a project cars addict.
Since release my hours played are over 200, that includes a 2 week overseas trip where I filled in my addiction by browsing this forum. My post count is so high because while I'm not playing pCars I'm on this forum reading about pCars. My TV and PS4 is in the bedroom and I have headphones to keep playing while the mrs is asleep. I am fast losing touch with friends who don't share the same interest, who often text and call asking where I am and what I've been doing. My BF4 disc looks at me longingly as it collects dust.
Even my meth addiction wasn't this bad...

Charles Gillen
30-06-2015, 08:10
And here I was thinking I was alone with this habit. Does my old heart good to see I'm in pretty good company. Granted I have no wife or kids or job to distract me from PCARs. Just endless days filled with never ending racing and sleeping. Aint retirement GREAT? Now if they would just give me an endless curvy road that starts nowhere and goes nowhere but never ends. An addicts dream I suppose....Kind of like an alcholic opening a bar ya know?

Charles

jimmyb_84
30-06-2015, 08:14
I have a new admission, I've started to have the Laptop next to me whe I play.... for 2 reasons 1. I can keep a eye on the forum during load screens 2. I can add my setups to http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar which is bringing a whole new level of addiction

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 14:01
Ok, I'll come out of the cupboard too and admit in public - I'm a alcoracing addict. That's being addicted to racing on PCars and addicted to alcohol. The racing on PCars addiction came from many hours of enjoyable racing and the alcohol addiction from a few posts here on the forum which sometimes drives me there. But hey. I'm ok - good news there's still a few threads to read which just might take me back to some alcohol again. Off to reading now. ;)
You are in for a treat, brace yourself, you're gonna be reaaaaaaaally drunk today uhahuauhau the winter is coming and it smells funny.
I was playing some Battlefield 4 with some friends last night, most british. I was doing my thing, wich is kill evertything that moves and be hated forever, than, from nowhere a guy join my squad, the first thing that came out of hes mouth was: Hey Reaper, about that june free car. Dude, I choke with my cookie. hahuauhuhaa

I have a new admission, I've started to have the Laptop next to me whe I play.... for 2 reasons 1. I can keep a eye on the forum during load screens 2. I can add my setups to http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar which is bringing a whole new level of addiction
welcome to the Laptop, cellphone, tv all at the same time club. :D

flymar
30-06-2015, 14:09
I have exactly opposite problem. Right now about 400h but it seems after years of couch gaming and one real life crash my neck/back is starting to revolt. So I can't really play right now.:/

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 14:10
I have exactly opposite problem. Right now about 400h but it seems after years of couch gaming and one real life crash my neck/back is starting to revolt. So I can't really play right now.:/

I feel for you, Bro. :(

jimmyb_84
30-06-2015, 14:54

Hope you can get back saying soon

Stag
30-06-2015, 15:48
Hello stag here,
I broke my ankle the week before proj came out I used to do a little driving and had played a bit on corsa so as I would be home bound a bit and off work. I thought I'd pass the time on it as well as keep the foot moving.
Now I'm even more strung out on proj than the handful of df118 s I've been swallowing every day.
Due back at work next week and working out how I can smuggle the wheel and bone into my office
Apart from patti smith at glasto I don't think I've looked at anything including my girlfriend for weeks.
Help

jimmyb_84
04-07-2015, 10:16
I have a new confession! PCARS made me cry http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33933-Project-Cars-made-me-cry

jimmyb_84
01-12-2015, 18:31
Time for the resurrection;

Thought I needed to share share with the group last nights PCARS session.

Started off with a Ginetta GT3 blast around Brands Hatch GP 30min race I have a reasonable setup and needed to dial in my tyre pressure a bit. Had a good race started strongly but the ginetta bit back, lost the rear on bumps a couple of times, I eventually recovered to 18/20! and I was happy.

Next up Clio Cup Oulton park started in free practice as not drove it much. With a small amount of fine tuning, making the rear end as loose as the village bike and reducing the rear tyre pressures to nearly nothing. I managed to a set a few laps quickest 1:52.053 (top 20 on PC). I though that was pretty quick to I headed to TT mode for a stab at a 1:51 but I just couldn't string the lap together settling for a 1:53.1 :( still too 200 on PS4.

With my eyes still streaming after forgetting to blink I though I'd go for a joyride around Le Mans in the Oreca LMP2 I did a nice 24hr cycle and it looked stunning. Although the quick time transfer played havoc with my tyre temps! Didn't really set a time need to dial the setup but I shall be revisiting soon.

All in all a great few hours of my life well spent. Now what to do next time?

hkraft300
02-12-2015, 01:05
Time for the resurrection;

Thought I needed to share share with the group last nights PCARS session.

Started off with a Ginetta GT3 blast around Brands Hatch GP 30min race I have a reasonable setup and needed to dial in my tyre pressure a bit. Had a good race started strongly but the ginetta bit back, lost the rear on bumps a couple of times, I eventually recovered to 18/20! and I was happy.

Next up Clio Cup Oulton park started in free practice as not drove it much. With a small amount of fine tuning, making the rear end as loose as the village bike and reducing the rear tyre pressures to nearly nothing. I managed to a set a few laps quickest 1:52.053 (top 20 on PC). I though that was pretty quick to I headed to TT mode for a stab at a 1:51 but I just couldn't string the lap together settling for a 1:53.1 :( still too 200 on PS4.

With my eyes still streaming after forgetting to blink I though I'd go for a joyride around Le Mans in the Oreca LMP2 I did a nice 24hr cycle and it looked stunning. Although the quick time transfer played havoc with my tyre temps! Didn't really set a time need to dial the setup but I shall be revisiting soon.

All in all a great few hours of my life well spent. Now what to do next time?

Lotus 98T or LMP900 round classic Hockenheim.
Radicals around Zhuhai are a blast too, jimmy. Should do you well for another few hours :)

AdM1
02-12-2015, 01:49
500 hours here, luckily I didn't need self help as the devs introduced bugs into the game that rendered it pointless playing for me.

God knows where I'd be at with it by now because I stopped playing about 2-3 months ago.

allstyles
02-12-2015, 12:04
another Projet cars addict here: 300 hours+
Since september shoulder and back pain,.. looks like i have a neckhernia (severly worn neck)

Can not stop playing, thanks SMS

BigDad
01-01-2016, 01:30
Hello my name is Evets and I'm addicted to Project CARS .
I've been disheartened by the tyre situation so i tried not to play until the next patch.
Struggling with withdrawals for a week i had to do something so i bought Star Wars Battlefront but that didn't help so i bought F1 2015 and was having what i thought was a good time until i thought I'd just go back quickly to pCARS and compare graphics, and well , I'm not going back to F1 2015 again .
It's easy while playing a game for a long time to get used to it and start to see and feel things you think should or shouldn't be there , step away for a bit and look around , this is by far the best game ( not only racer ) ever , and my 370 + hours must say something as I've never played anything for this long .
I thank you and also hate you for this game .
But mostly SMS i thank you .

kevin kirk
01-01-2016, 02:03
Its got so many ways to play it I cant decide if I want this car in that view or that car in this view. Do I want to set high in the seat or low in the seat. Angled up,angled down. Just when I find a car feeling I like I think, well what if I turn this up and that down. Then its hours of testing all over again with the way that feels. I'm shifting butt checks because my ass is getting sore. I have been prairie dogging a shit for the last 2 hours thinking "well let me try something before I forget it. I have half a notebook filled with numbers I had to remember in case I wanted to change it back to the way I had it.......Id say its a pretty good game.

hkraft300
01-01-2016, 02:29
You're not the only one, gents.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33334-PCARS-Self-Help-Group&highlight=Addict

Triggerfish
01-01-2016, 03:53
I go to Forza cause they have Daytona but i come back wishing Cars had Daytona. I go to Forza cause they have V8 cars but I come back wishing Cars had them. I know Cars cannot have everything but for what they can have it's still awesome!

blinkngone
01-01-2016, 09:47
According to Steam I've played 1,467 hours. My eyesight was bad (-20 or more) but the graphics still were awesome to me. In August I decided I needed to get cataract surgery. I had been having problems playing the game. My arms legs and neck would quit working while playing and I would collapse over the wheel like a marionette whose strings were cut. I thought it was eye strain causing the problems and I had to quit playing and missed most of the patches, 4, 5 and 6. I still purchased all the DLC even though I couldn't play. I found out I have Myasthenia Gravis and got my medication just in time to experience the joys of patch 7.0. I time my meds so I can play and the graphics are even more awesome now that I can see! I'll play this game until I no longer am able, or PCars 2 comes out.
Life is good, Cars is great, Happy New Year!

VR-42
01-01-2016, 11:00
Hello my name is Carl aka Vr42 and I'm addicted to Project CARS
I have over 460 hours logged, and I am now suffering from pain in my right arm that my doctor says is from game playing, I have had a week break from the game but my arm is no better, now suffering from withdraw symptoms.
I need help

FInroDz
01-01-2016, 11:51
I liked playing project cars with controller. I like living project cars with wheel. It's no more a game, it's an experience. And many more hours to come.

cluck
01-01-2016, 11:55
According to Steam I've played 1,467 hours. My eyesight was bad (-20 or more) but the graphics still were awesome to me. In August I decided I needed to get cataract surgery. I had been having problems playing the game. My arms legs and neck would quit working while playing and I would collapse over the wheel like a marionette whose strings were cut. I thought it was eye strain causing the problems and I had to quit playing and missed most of the patches, 4, 5 and 6. I still purchased all the DLC even though I couldn't play. I found out I have Myasthenia Gravis and got my medication just in time to experience the joys of patch 7.0. I time my meds so I can play and the graphics are even more awesome now that I can see! I'll play this game until I no longer am able, or PCars 2 comes out.
Life is good, Cars is great, Happy New Year!Are you lollygag in disguise? :D. That''s some serious playtime there :o . Sorry to hear about your problems with eyesight but glad you're having fun :).