PDA

View Full Version : It's raining again

Skrillex
28-06-2015, 23:06
I understand that rain happens sometimes and I am fine with that. But, the amount of races I have had with some sort of rain is getting ridiculous. Of the 9 formula A races I have done 6 of them featured rain in some fashion. Either the whole race, half the race, starting in the middle of the race. I mean what the heck?! Are the storm systems following me from track to track?

MULTIVITZ
28-06-2015, 23:46
Lazy programming? I gave up on career as it kept repeating the same class over and over and over again, even though I was winning everything. I'm going to wait another month and hope this simulator reaches game status.

jason
28-06-2015, 23:59
Waiting for the latest patch , hopefully that will give me enough reason to get back into my career .

IommiRULES
29-06-2015, 00:11
I understand that rain happens sometimes and I am fine with that. But, the amount of races I have had with some sort of rain is getting ridiculous. Of the 9 formula A races I have done 6 of them featured rain in some fashion. Either the whole race, half the race, starting in the middle of the race. I mean what the heck?! Are the storm systems following me from track to track?

Maybe they forgot that not every race takes place in England....anyhow that does seem like an easy patch fix, you know just get the rain percentages from the cities in which the race occurs and incorporate the proper percentage into the game. SIM is SIM.

Skrillex
29-06-2015, 00:19
I actually credit the rain for my last race as I started 18th but finished 3rd cuz I was the only car that put on rain tires before the race on a,shim and sure enough it started pouring on lap 3. But even with that lucky guess and finish I'm tired of racing in the rain. I shouldn't have been able to guess good enough that it was GOING to rain at some point to put wet tires on but seeing that in 5 of the previous 8 races it did rain I figured it would in this race too and I was right.

FoxMulder
29-06-2015, 00:20
Feels like they wanted to show-off their dynamic weather shenanigans and put rain into almost every race. I have stopped career after a couple races, I'm not feeling it the way the implemented career mode. The calendar, the fake twatter, no sense of character progression, all that bored the shit outa me after 1hr.

IommiRULES
29-06-2015, 00:28
Feels like they wanted to show-off their dynamic weather shenanigans and put rain into almost every race. I have stopped career after a couple races, I'm not feeling it the way the implemented career mode. The calendar, the fake twatter, no sense of character progression, all that bored the shit outa me after 1hr.

I agree with you that maybe they wanted to show off the weather effects. But "character progression"???. If you want that go buy "The Sims". Your "character Progression" is in your ability to get better on each car/track and move up in the standings as you do.

FoxMulder
29-06-2015, 00:40
I don't mean character progression in an RPG like style. I would love like a garage or motor home where you can check your email on a computer, look at your current car, tune it from there, a showcase displaying all your trophies etc., something that makes it a bit more lively rather than 2 menu screens nobody cares about anyway.

Chese
29-06-2015, 01:21
I wouldn't mind this as much if my lovely pit engineer would tell me when it is going to rain. That and maybe just brief rain on parts of the track. The dynamic could be awesome.

Bob_bob
29-06-2015, 03:33
You have to love his the pic team response, if they feel like you are not saying good things they put you down and then if you respond they go after you. You can't voice you opinion, instead of saying this version only focused on the sim part and they didn't have time to expand the career mode, no you get go play sim from ea. it's funny.

People saying things is way to take advantage and improve the game but it only looks like sometime they take it that way.

IvanMatin
29-06-2015, 07:11
The most boring Career Mode ever on a game! 2 years delayed and they came out with that? Please, devS, you can do it better!
One more thing, it doesn't matter that is raining in England every day, the rest of the World is OK, no RAIN.

HeeseyChelmet
29-06-2015, 08:06
The most boring Career Mode ever on a game! 2 years delayed and they came out with that? Please, devS, you can do it better!
One more thing, it doesn't matter that is raining in England every day, the rest of the World is OK, no RAIN.

what do you class as better? Stick some feedback in of what you want to see. Give the Devs something to work with

AngelBrow
29-06-2015, 09:39
Its a shame there is no kind of weather forecast prediction. I mean, doesn't my team have a smartphone with them to the pits. Atleast seeing if there is some chance for rain or if its forecast for sunny all weekend?

lordymatsuo
29-06-2015, 11:20
We have found using random weather definitely results in more races with rain. It's a shame as would be nice to leave it on random and have to deal with forecasts etc but as it stands we don;t use random because of this reason. Maybe tone down the percentages if it is a percentage ratio in the code. The rain looks great but more racing with random being kinder to clearer days would be awesome :)

Skrillex
29-06-2015, 12:41
I agree with the above post whole heartedly! As I said previously rain is going to happen and that's fine just stop with the every race weekend rain gig. Its annoying and not realistic. Don't get me wrong I love the game aside from this aspect. So please devs.. Fix the rain issue