PDA

View Full Version : jump start penalty for nothing

Carinis
29-06-2015, 00:18
I have looked through the patch notes for 2.0 and it says about jump starts on a rolling start but what about from standing starts?

I have been in multiple rooms where I or other people have been given jump starts while the camera is panning round (before we are given control of the car) thus effectively ending the race before it even begins for the affected person, is this going to be fixed soon as its starting to piss me off somewhat?

jason
29-06-2015, 00:26
This has happened to me several times , it is very frustrating .

ChrisK
29-06-2015, 01:15
Yep, common issue.

Flaw3dGenius
29-06-2015, 01:19
Weirdly i can jump start by about half a second and not get punished.

321Respawn
29-06-2015, 04:19
If you get jump start I guess you could just drive off and leave everyone behind then serve the drive through .By the time you exit the pits the guys you left behind should be just about where you are when you exit unless they are really slow .
Why should you get punished because the game loading stuffed up ?

AngelBrow
29-06-2015, 09:34
If you get jump start I guess you could just drive off and leave everyone behind then serve the drive through .By the time you exit the pits the guys you left behind should be just about where you are when you exit unless they are really slow .

I did this. Not on purpose.... they held the last red lights so long, my trigger happy finger snapped into first gear. (From 4th) took the lead. Was a 5 lap race on spa. Took my drive thru at the end of lap 2. Came out in 3rd. Put my head down and pulled qually laps and overtook the leader going into the busstop chicane on the final lap. Was a great race.

Sp4mD4gger
29-06-2015, 10:00
Before the race starts when you are in the helicopter view, try pressing gear up or down, that puts me in the car, the just wait for the lights.

Carinis
29-06-2015, 13:10

Yeah but if the room is set up so you can't actually jump the start, as in u can sit there with the throttle pinned and in gear the car won't move then I are stuffed

F2kSel
29-06-2015, 13:30
I mentioned in another post yesterday that I was given a drive through penalty the instant I was placed in the car, the car wasn't rolling and I wasn't even touching the controls even the lights hadn't started to come on.

Carinis
29-06-2015, 13:34
Before the race starts when you are in the helicopter view, try pressing gear up or down, that puts me in the car, the just wait for the lights.

This is when I gives u the penalty as soon as the helicopter view starts the penalty board is shown no time to do anything

Mike Laskey
29-06-2015, 13:38
I have looked through the patch notes for 2.0 and it says about jump starts on a rolling start but what about from standing starts?

I have been in multiple rooms where I or other people have been given jump starts while the camera is panning round (before we are given control of the car) thus effectively ending the race before it even begins for the affected person, is this going to be fixed soon as its starting to piss me off somewhat?

Yes, a frustrating one that multiplayer jump start bug that has taken a long time to track down, but the good news is I have today been able to submit a fix for our internal QA to test with.

Note, because patch 2 has already been built it's too late to be included but it should go out in the next cross-platform update. One thing you can try as a possible workaround (not 100% guaranteed though) in the meantime is to select return to pits before the previous session ends, and that might avoid it.

Flaw3dGenius
29-06-2015, 14:07
Yes, a frustrating one that multiplayer jump start bug that has taken a long time to track down, but the good news is I have today been able to submit a fix for our internal QA to test with.

Note, because patch 2 has already been built it's too late to be included but it should go out in the next cross-platform update. One thing you can try as a possible workaround (not 100% guaranteed though) in the meantime is to select return to pits before the previous session ends, and that might avoid it.

So patch 2 is already left the QA process and been submitted to MS & Sony?

ian2726
29-06-2015, 14:54
Well done that man.
It's soul destroying when you do get a good qually to be penalised like that.

321Respawn
29-06-2015, 14:59
On the plus side you can avoid the first corner carnage .

creepyd
29-06-2015, 16:03
Nice one.
Thanks for the work around in the mean time. So it's linked to carrying over your previous car's state I assume (from qualifying).
Basically don't be driving when the timer runs out.. Easily done.

Mike Laskey
29-06-2015, 16:09
Nice one.
Thanks for the work around in the mean time. So it's linked to carrying over your previous car's state I assume (from qualifying).
Basically don't be driving when the timer runs out.. Easily done.

Correct, hence being in the pits might avoid it until it's patched in. "Might" because it's a complex set of circumstances and I need to move onto the Drive button problem. Also, I tried the workaround over the weekend on my retail PS4 and it seemed to help.

FoxMulder
29-06-2015, 17:39
Drive button workaround: Don't join lobbies who are 'In Racing'.

Udd-
29-06-2015, 19:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLO5CAvAI9g

F2kSel
29-06-2015, 21:33
Drive button workaround: Don't join lobbies who are 'In Racing'.

You may have a long wait to get into a specific server though as you don't know how long the session is going to last.