PDA

View Full Version : Too easy on lower difficulty and too hard on higher difficulty.

MilkyBarKid16
29-06-2015, 09:50
I am playing on Xbox One, so the issues I am having may not exist on PC.

I am in my second season of career and halfway through the four round Euro GT4 Championship. I am fifth in the standings, but would have been higher if not for the game being a total b***h.

I came first in both the GT5 UK Trophy and the GT4 UK Championship, with the difficulty set to 70. I found it pretty easy so I put the difficulty up to 80 for the Euro GT4 Championship, thinking that it would be more realistic if I had a higher quality of opposition in a higher level of competition.

I have qualified on pole for three of the four races. I found it quite easy to get good starting positions in qualy, but due to the rolling start, I usually find myself in second or third after the first few corners. As some of you have probably experienced, the car in second will always get a better run at the rolling start. This is my first complaint.

My second is about the pace that AI cars have on the higher difficulty. On 70, I could build a decent gap between myself and the other cars, but on 80, they streak ahead and I am forced into defending from the cars behind.

The AI cars also cut corners in order to overtake me when defending my position. I cover the inside line, going slower around the corner than usual, but an AI car just goes right up my inside, on the grass and overtakes me. After being on pole in one race, I finished tenth. I lost two positions on the first lap and the rest to the AI blatantly cheating.

Why can't console players pick difficulties in increments of at least five? That would help me a lot as 75 would be perfect for me in GT4.

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 09:51
It's already confirmed that the consoles will get the ability to adjust the AI in increments of 2 in one of the next updates.

tarbat
29-06-2015, 09:54
Agree. I also found the jump from 70 to 80 too extreme, and reckon 75 would be about right for me. I don't like to drive 100% all the time. Sure, 100% when trying to catch the AI, but I shouldn't need to be 100% flat out to just maintain position. 70 is too easy, 80 is too hard for me.

Mr.Smoke
29-06-2015, 10:59
Just started my career finally. Picked the RUF since no Z4 contract offer is available. Had my first race on 70% AI and i left everyone (except for 2nd & 3rd) a lap down. Turned it up to 80% for race two of round 1 since 70% was far too easy, yet i still won with a large lead. I want to continue increasing their strength for better competition, but i have a feeling that 90% might be too much for me. Planning to try it out later today though, so we'll see.

danowat
29-06-2015, 11:02
It's not only the jump in AI difficulty, it's also the very unbalanced nature of certain car and/or track combinations where the AI are either OP, or rubbish at, this leads to a player having to continually adjust the level of AI to get a decent race.

wraithsrike
29-06-2015, 11:06
It also depends on the track, car discipline ect, for a really tight race I tend to run at 80 % but for instance I was doing several capri races on tracks I'd not really driven on before and having some good battles but then I found on certain other tracks I was leaving them behind, then on Watkins Glen I couldn't get any where near them yet all the time my slider was set at 80%.

I'm looking forward to the increments dropping down to 2 but I do feel the difficulty is bit messed up.

I tried to set my difficulty by practice times trying to stay within a sec either way of the lead cars but come qualifiers they times either got slower or faster and sometimes by a lot, and then in race there times were all different again, where I could be even with them through qualifications come race the lead car could be either 5 plus secs ahead and or behind there is just no consistency.

danowat
29-06-2015, 11:09
It also depends on the track, car discipline ect, for a really tight race I tend to run at 80 % but for instance I was doing several capri races on tracks I'd not really driven on before and having so good battles but then I found on certain other tracks I was leaving them behind then on Watkins Glen I couldn't get any where near them yet all the time my slider was set at 80%.

I'm looking forward to the increments dropping down to 2 but I do the the difficulty is bit messed up.

I tried to set my difficulty by practice times Tring to stay within a sec either way of the lead cars but come qualifiers they times either got slower or faster and sometimes by a lot and then in race there times were all different again, where I could be even with them through qualifications come race the lead car could be either 5 plus secs ahead and or behind there is just no consistency.

Yes, this is the issue, should you really have to continually adjust the AI slider up and down to compensate?

I've never had to do this on any racing game before, normally its set and forget.

wraithsrike
29-06-2015, 11:18
Yes, this is the issue, should you really have to continually adjust the AI slider up and down to compensate?

I've never had to do this on any racing game before, normally its set and forget.

Agree I've always just set and forget, this slider does need it increments lowering but at the same time the consistency of the AI needs addressing, I understand that a player might be faster in say a GT3 and slower in a open wheeler but their times in each class will be consistent, whereas the AI's aren't, not even in the same car on the same track with the same conditions the different times set between P,Q & R can at times be huge.

danowat
29-06-2015, 11:22
I understand that a player might be faster in say a GT3 and slower in a open wheeler but their times in each class will be consistent, whereas the AI's aren't, not even in the same car on the same track with the same conditions the different times set between P,Q & R can at times be huge.

Glad it's not just me who's noticed it!