PDA

View Full Version : pCars Dash - Second screen telemetry app

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

cjorgens79
29-06-2015, 13:30
pCars Dash is a telemetry dashboard for Project Cars 1 available for iOS, Android and Windows phone.

pCars Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry display of crucial vehicle data, fuel/tire usage, map, telemetry graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown and many more features.

This app works with both the Windows PC and Console (PS4/XBox1) versions of Project Cars 1.

NOTE: For Project CARS 2 it is recommended that you use our RS Dash app instead, the forum page for RS Dash is here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54342-RS-Dash-(pCars-Dash-successor)-companion-telemetry-app)

Details can be found on the Pocket Playground (http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash) website.

If you are experiencing any problems with the app or are looking for setup instructions, please refer to the Pocket Playground support page (http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash-support) which has a setup guide and numerous tips for resolving common issues. A selection of common troubleshooting tips are below, see the support page for the complete list.

Common pCars Dash Troubleshooting Tips
- To all Android users, please ensure that you are running pCars Dash v1.8 or higher. If you are on an earlier version then you may experience telemetry issues. You will need to also upgrade your pCars Transmitter if you also upgrade your pCars Dash version.

- Do NOT have Jumbo Frames / Jumbo Packets enabled on your PC's network adapter as this may cause a loss of telemetry in Multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. The symptoms for this would be that the app works flawlessly when playing single player with no AI, but you lose telemetry when playing single or multiplayer sessions with a reasonable number of opponents. If you are unsure whether or not Jumbo Frames have been enabled, an article such as this explains how to enable it so can therefore also be used as a basis for how to check and disable it if required. The reason why jumbo frames usually does not work is that the hardware between your PC and the tablet/phone device you are using does not support it. For example a number of Wifi routers / access points do not support this feature and will therefore cut off the transmission once Jumbo Frames are sent from the PC (which occurs once you have a certain number of human or AI opponents in game as the amount of telemetry data that needs to be transmitted increases).

- (PC via SHARED MEMORY) A number of Android devices have experienced issues with the telemetry data stopping during use, or starting and stopping intermittently. If you are experiencing this problem, please turn OFF the "Use Broadcast Mode" flag in the pCars Transmitter. You must then make sure that the IP address you have entered in the IP Address field in the pCars Transmitter matches the IP address shown when you first start the pCars Dash app.

- (Direct Mode UDP for PC/Consoles) A number of Android devices do not support the UDP broadcast method used by the new Project CARS UDP telemetry api. As such I will attempt to compile a list of devices that are known to work or not work based on community feedback. So if you have an Android or WP8 device that is not on the list that works or does not work with the new Direct Mode UDP option in pCars Dash 2.1+, please let me know.

NEW: pCars Dash v2.3 has a new setting called "Compatibility Mode" which can make some devices listed below work that wouldn't previously work, it can also help eliminate lag if you are seeing delays in your telemetry feed.

IMPORTANT: This list relates to Direct Mode (UDP) ONLY, all devices will work fine with Shared Memory mode via the pCars Transmitter, but the Shared Memory option is only available in the PC version of Project CARS.

iOS - Working
iPad 3
iPhone 5
All other iOS devices are also expected to work fine with this interface

ANDROID - Does not work
Asus ZenPad c7.0
Asus ZenPad 10
DL3411 (unsure of manufacturer name)
HTC - some other HTC devices (maybe just older ones) are expected to be problematic based on internet searches
LG E610 <- have had a report of this device not working with UDP broadcast
MotoG <- the only way these devices work is by running a second telemetry app in the background, such as Crew Chief, with pCars Dash in the foreground
MotoX <- the only way these devices work is by running a second telemetry app in the background, such as Crew Chief, with pCars Dash in the foreground
HTC - some other HTC devices (maybe just older ones) are expected to be problematic based on internet searches
Samsung Tab A 580 (2016) - have had reports these latest generation samsung tablets dont work properly with the UDP stream

ANDROID - Working
Archos 80 G9 w/CyanogenMod
Cube U30GT2
HTC Desire 510
HTC One M7
HTC One M8
HTC One X <- have had reports this can be made to work by updating it (Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5, latest firmware)
Hudl 2
Huawei
Laser MID-1073 (requires pCars Dash v2.3 with compatibility mode enabled)
Lenovo A7-20
LG G2
Nexus 7
Prestigio Multipad 8.0 HD
Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Samsung Galaxy A3 & A5
Samsung Galaxy A7 A700
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6, Edge & Edge+
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 & 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 2 8.0 & 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 550
Sony T3
Sony Xperia 5
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z3
Tivax 725 7" MiTraveler

WINDOWS PHONE 8 - Does not work
Nokia Lumia 520 <-- not sure about this, at one point it wouldnt work, but now is working perfectly..

WINDOWS PHONE 8 - Working
Nokia Lumia 520 <-- not sure about this, at one point it wouldnt work, but now is working perfectly..
Nokia Lumia 925
Nokia Lumia 920* (untested but will apparently work with the latest firmware)

Wireless Routers that DONT work with UDP
BT Hub 4 (Update: can apparently be fixed by following this post. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1337101&viewfull=1#post1337101))
BT SmartHub 6 / Virgin Media Superhub 3.0 (see this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54342-RS-Dash-(pCars-Dash-successor)-companion-telemetry-app&p=1509080&viewfull=1#post1509080)for how to make these work

Hints for routers not working properly with UDP
from mr_belowski - Look for a "udp packet flood protection" or similar setting and turn it off. Some routers will drop UDP broadcast packets when too many are detected, thinking it's some kind of attack
Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 (and probably others in the range) - WAN Setup -> tick "Disable Port Scan and DOS protection" and untick "Disable IGMP Proxying"

from nickster68 - With regards UDP streaming from consoles to devices i was having a few latency issues using my home wireless network as my router is downstairs and my rig is upstairs and i know a few people have been having similar issues so i tried the following with great results.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with PCars dash and Crew Chief running in the background, an IPad with PCars dash and another Android tablet running Pcars dash also.
Now...... I use my Samsung phone as a mobile hotspot (4G Data also so works fine for multiplayer) and wirelesly tether my Xbox and two tablets to it and because all devices are now in close proximity to each other.... hey presto NO LATENCY AND NO LAG whatsoever!
I have the UDP setting in game set at 5 and everything runs silky smooth.

cjorgens79
29-06-2015, 13:32

GLR Viper58
02-07-2015, 00:41
Great App!

Jon Hallett
10-07-2015, 14:45
Yeah got it myself, very impressed with it!

MuddyPaws73
18-07-2015, 03:25
I downloaded it today and have been enjoying the app. However, I can't seem to return the Vehicle Status Page to Landscape. It seems to be "stuck" in Portrait. How do I get it to return to the original Landscape?

Also, have you given any thought to porting the app to Windows? I think it would be great running in a PC environment.

cjorgens79
18-07-2015, 12:44
I downloaded it today and have been enjoying the app. However, I can't seem to return the Vehicle Status Page to Landscape. It seems to be "stuck" in Portrait. How do I get it to return to the original Landscape?

Also, have you given any thought to porting the app to Windows? I think it would be great running in a PC environment.

There is an icon next to the options (cog) icon which will flip it between landscape/portrait. There is a windows phone compatible version already and will hopefully be a full windows (universal, ie desktop/tablet/phone) version available in the future.

TassyDevil
31-07-2015, 02:44
Great app, works really well. :yes:

SeeNoWeevil
02-08-2015, 16:02
I really like this app but could we please get a laps/time remaining on the 'big' display. So for example, show 3/4 when in a fixed lap race, or for example 01:50 if in a timed race/qualifying.

I'd also like to see the driver aid icons on this same screen to see when I switch abs etc. Not sure if the api makes this available though. Tyre temps/wear colours would also be welcome here.

It looks like a bug but the position value doesn't seem to work on several of the screens when in qualifying in the iPad version.

cjorgens79
03-08-2015, 12:17
I really like this app but could we please get a laps/time remaining on the 'big' display. So for example, show 3/4 when in a fixed lap race, or for example 01:50 if in a timed race/qualifying.

I'd also like to see the driver aid icons on this same screen to see when I switch abs etc. Not sure if the api makes this available though. Tyre temps/wear colours would also be welcome here.

It looks like a bug but the position value doesn't seem to work on several of the screens when in qualifying in the iPad version.

Thanks for the feedback, ill look into your suggestions. The api currently only outputs when the ABS is engaged/disengaged, it doesn't output whether or not abs is actually available on the vehicle. None of the other aids are in the api currently.

cjorgens79
05-08-2015, 12:20
Notice to anyone having issues with the app, I have updated some of the troubleshooting tips on the the pCars Dash support page based on recent feedback.

In particular with regards to Jumbo Frames, which if enabled on the PC's network adapter can result in the telemetry feed stopping in multiplayer sessions or single player sessions with a certain number of AI. See the first post in this thread for more information on this issue and a link to the proper Pocket Playground support page.

dizaster096
10-08-2015, 02:16
Any way to display what traction control and abs you are running on with this app or brake bias? great app btw

cjorgens79
10-08-2015, 11:37
Any way to display what traction control and abs you are running on with this app or brake bias? great app btw

Hi, glad to hear you like it. It is not currently possible as the api does not output that info. The abs is there, and is visible on the vehicle page (on the left panel at the bottom) and will flash when the abs kicks in. The api does not however indicate whether or not abs is actually available or not on the vehicle, it just indicates when its actually used (under hard braking it will flash on).

cjorgens79
20-08-2015, 12:15
pCars Dash v2.0 will be available in the next couple of hours on Android and in another week or so on iOS.

One of the major changes was to the telemetry feed which was completely restructured to make the data being transmitted more efficient. The new structure allows a full grid of 55 cars to fit in less than 1500 bytes (the point at which packets need to be splut up for transmission by the network). This will mean that the small number of people who were having issues once the grid sizes got over a certain size due to having older wifi / router / switch / network hardware between their PC and tablet/phone should no longer have any issues.

Also the other main change was related to handling changing session (eg prac -> qual) and relating to the pits (entering and leaving the pits) which was messing up the fuel calculations and some of the timing / telemetry data on the screens.

Changes include

- Optimized wifi telemetry feed
- Added session time remaining to telemetry where applicable
- Improved fuel stats accuracy and update rate
- Fixed fuel stats issues after pitting / returning to pits
- Fixed fuel stats, graph page, timing page and race page issues when changing sessions (eg prac->qual)
- LiteHUD now shows total laps / session time (where applicable)
- Vehicle page now shows session time (where applicable)

Note: pCars Dash v2.0 requires pCars Transmitter 2.00 (see Pocket Playground website)

cjorgens79
28-08-2015, 00:25
pCars Dash 2.0 for iOS is now available on the app store :) Don't forget to also update your transmitters.

BioForce
30-08-2015, 09:11
Is there already a windows version available? Ive seen it on your Website but I cant purchase it :sorrow:
Id like to use it on my Surface Pro (Win8.1).

cjorgens79
30-08-2015, 11:58
Is there already a windows version available? Ive seen it on your Website but I cant purchase it :sorrow:
Id like to use it on my Surface Pro (Win8.1).

On the windows side of things, currently it is only available on Windows Phone. I do have a win32 version, but no way to sell/license it at the moment. Apparently (i still need to look into it) there is a way to package up win32 apps as windows store apps and sell them through that, so i will be looking to do this when i get a chance.

NYdubber
07-09-2015, 23:51
On the windows side of things, currently it is only available on Windows Phone. I do have a win32 version, but no way to sell/license it at the moment. Apparently (i still need to look into it) there is a way to package up win32 apps as windows store apps and sell them through that, so i will be looking to do this when i get a chance.

I've purchased the app - is there a way I can get that win32 (64 when/if available) version? :D I have it on my tablet but recently got a touchscreen laptop and would LOVE to be able to use it on there, as well. If you'd like I can pay again the few bucks via pay pal for access to it.

cjorgens79
09-09-2015, 11:25
I've purchased the app - is there a way I can get that win32 (64 when/if available) version? :D I have it on my tablet but recently got a touchscreen laptop and would LOVE to be able to use it on there, as well. If you'd like I can pay again the few bucks via pay pal for access to it.

Not currently. I have signed up for Microsoft's "Project Centennial", so once i get access i can build the app into a windows store universal app to make it available to all

hagar147
04-10-2015, 18:39
Brilliant app, mate! I've been using it a couple of months now and I really like all the screens. I've got one remark/suggestion though: could you make the dots on the map screen bigger and assign brighter or more noticeable colours to it? I would like to use it in our endurance multi-class league to inform people who are being lapped to leave some space when I approach.

With the current size/colours it is not very clear to see the colours and names that come with the dots.

Cheers,
hagar147

cjorgens79
05-10-2015, 12:25
Brilliant app, mate! I've been using it a couple of months now and I really like all the screens. I've got one remark/suggestion though: could you make the dots on the map screen bigger and assign brighter or more noticeable colours to it? I would like to use it in our endurance multi-class league to inform people who are being lapped to leave some space when I approach.

With the current size/colours it is not very clear to see the colours and names that come with the dots.

Cheers,
hagar147

Thanks for the feedback, ill make a note of it and see what I can do in a future build.

Fre.Mo
05-10-2015, 14:18

Great work for this Dash app.

Will it be possible to provide a Motec style display?

cjorgens79
06-10-2015, 09:30
It certainly possible, time permitting. Probably the biggest time sink would be making the graphics side of it. It is something i've been wanting to do at some point, also I want to allow customizable dashes but that's quite a big job.

StefB
17-11-2015, 09:53
Hi, i just bought this app on a windows phone (lumia 635)
but the display is too small, it would be a good thing to have another screen with less information (the ones we don't have clearly on the game screen), and bigger text.
I think about , wheater temp, engine and oil temp, tire temp and status (it's in the game, but easier to have it on this app) , fuel, car status.

CreamyDischarge
22-11-2015, 00:07
Any change you could add a button box feature to this app?

That way we could use our iPads as an actual button box. I would love to run this app on 2 iPads, one as a telemetry speedo etc and one as a button box.

I suspect the server side would need to be changed but it would be sweet indeed to have the ability to turn my iOS device into a button box.

cjorgens79
22-11-2015, 01:44
Any change you could add a button box feature to this app?

That way we could use our iPads as an actual button box. I would love to run this app on 2 iPads, one as a telemetry speedo etc and one as a button box.

I suspect the server side would need to be changed but it would be sweet indeed to have the ability to turn my iOS device into a button box.

I had actually been thinking about something similar recently, being able to control the lights, ignition, wipers etc from the app. The same principal could be used to control anything really. What particular functions would you want to use it for?

CreamyDischarge
22-11-2015, 03:35
I had actually been thinking about something similar recently, being able to control the lights, ignition, wipers etc from the app. The same principal could be used to control anything really. What particular functions would you want to use it for?

For me,
I'd love to be able to control (as you say) lights, wipers etc plus ...
ABS, TC, AC,
Seat Position,
Ignition, Engine Start,
FOV, Change Camera, UI, HUD, OSD
Brake Bias, Pit Request / Cancelation
Pause / up / down / left / right (DPad) OK etc for menu navigation
Volume Control (In game Or system volume)

There's loads of great options that could be added, but for starters, if I was able to control just the basics (wipers, engine start, lights, pit request) that would be a HUGE plus as it means I can have 1 device running telemetry (gear/mph etc) another being used as an actual button box and another bring used as delta ;)

That... Well that would be an absolute insane application that can replace ALL button boxes and telemetry applications in 1 go! For me, it would change my rig for the better! I could move from big chunky button boxes (wired) into a sleek modern age touch screen setup! I would genuinely buy that as an inn app purchase for another 3.99 without hesitation or thought if it existed or could be developed as it would be a real game changer for me personally.

Being able to remove 2 big (not so sexy) wired button boxes and replace them with iPad minis connected via wifi! :-0

I have the devices, but they are sat here with nothing to do, less wires, less clutter, better looking and multi functional as the iOS devices can be used for other things at the same such as music, surfing etc too.

If it can be done, I can see many people forgoing the buying of a button box, and buying your app instead, as they already have tablets, why not use them as button boxes via your app ;)

Fanapryde
22-11-2015, 07:30
I'm using tbe app on a tablet, positioned op top of my middle screen (triple setup).
Works great most of the time (I have some hickups on a irregular base, as the app freezes - will post a screenshop later), but would it be possible to add:

- position timing fot the car in front and the car behind ? I am really missing that, especially while endurance racing.
- type of tyres ?

Why do previous laptimes disappear when you pit ?

Other than this: love the app :D

cjorgens79
22-11-2015, 12:00
For me,
I'd love to be able to control (as you say) lights, wipers etc plus ...
ABS, TC, AC,
Seat Position,
Ignition, Engine Start,
FOV, Change Camera, UI, HUD, OSD
Brake Bias, Pit Request / Cancelation
Pause / up / down / left / right (DPad) OK etc for menu navigation
Volume Control (In game Or system volume)

There's loads of great options that could be added, but for starters, if I was able to control just the basics (wipers, engine start, lights, pit request) that would be a HUGE plus as it means I can have 1 device running telemetry (gear/mph etc) another being used as an actual button box and another bring used as delta ;)

That... Well that would be an absolute insane application that can replace ALL button boxes and telemetry applications in 1 go! For me, it would change my rig for the better! I could move from big chunky button boxes (wired) into a sleek modern age touch screen setup! I would genuinely buy that as an inn app purchase for another 3.99 without hesitation or thought if it existed or could be developed as it would be a real game changer for me personally.

Being able to remove 2 big (not so sexy) wired button boxes and replace them with iPad minis connected via wifi! :-0

I have the devices, but they are sat here with nothing to do, less wires, less clutter, better looking and multi functional as the iOS devices can be used for other things at the same such as music, surfing etc too.

If it can be done, I can see many people forgoing the buying of a button box, and buying your app instead, as they already have tablets, why not use them as button boxes via your app ;)

Ill see what i can do with this when i get some time. Got a heap of other stuff to finish off first for the new udp stream then I can start looking at other things like virtual button boxes.

cjorgens79
22-11-2015, 12:06
I'm using tbe app on a tablet, positioned op top of my middle screen (triple setup).
Works great most of the time (I have some hickups on a irregular base, as the app freezes - will post a screenshop later), but would it be possible to add:

- position timing fot the car in front and the car behind ? I am really missing that, especially while endurance racing.
- type of tyres ?

Why do previous laptimes disappear when you pit ?

Other than this: love the app :D

What model tablet are you using? Do you get any messages or does it just stop working for you? Also which version are you using. You can send any screenshots re the issue to support@pocketplayground.net so they can be investigated.

Unfortunately the api that Project Cars provides for us to use does not include time delta information for players ahead or behind. The new UDP stream interface also does not have this, but it does have some timing information for other players. It may be possible to calculate the delta ahead/behind based on sector boundaries, so while its not possible to display a real time delta, a calculated delta 3 times a lap may be possible (would only be accurate to within a tenth or two at best though).

Same for tyres, this information is not provided to us by the API. We did ask for it but apparently it wasn't something they could provide as the data was buried too deep in other threads for the api to get access to. If they ever do add it though, it will be added into the app.

Fanapryde
22-11-2015, 22:32
What model tablet are you using? Do you get any messages or does it just stop working for you? Also which version are you using. You can send any screenshots re the issue to support@pocketplayground.net so they can be investigated.

Thanks for the info and the effort.
I have a ARCHOS 101d Neon / 8 Gb / Android 4.4 KitKat for this app.

From time to time (not to say what triggers it) the app stops working, showing a Runtime Error.
E.g.
RUNTIME ERROR
?:0: attempt to index field '?' (A nill value). Or
?:0: attempt to call method 'removeSelf' (a nil value)

I will send the screenshots to the support site.

I then have to go back, close and re-open the app. Then it works again, but lost all lap info up to that point.

cjorgens79
23-11-2015, 04:12
Thanks for the info and the effort.
I have a ARCHOS 101d Neon / 8 Gb / Android 4.4 KitKat for this app.

From time to time (not to say what triggers it) the app stops working, showing a Runtime Error.
E.g.
RUNTIME ERROR
?:0: attempt to index field '?' (A nill value). Or
?:0: attempt to call method 'removeSelf' (a nil value)

I will send the screenshots to the support site.

I then have to go back, close and re-open the app. Then it works again, but lost all lap info up to that point.

ok i will look into it, thanks

JohnSchoonsBeard
26-11-2015, 21:27
Hi

I'm looking at getting an Android tablet to use your app on PS4 once released. Does the app better suited to 4:3 ratio screen or widescreen 16:9. I've seen Sony and Samsung tablets and they appear to differ in that respect.

Thanks.
JSB

cjorgens79
27-11-2015, 01:51
Hi

I'm looking at getting an Android tablet to use your app on PS4 once released. Does the app better suited to 4:3 ratio screen or widescreen 16:9. I've seen Sony and Samsung tablets and they appear to differ in that respect.

Thanks.
JSB

I personally prefer 4:3 as i like a little extra height (when in landscape), but both will work fine.

JohnSchoonsBeard
30-11-2015, 16:46
I personally prefer 4:3 as i like a little extra height (when in landscape), but both will work fine.

Excellent. Thank you.

DayGlow
03-12-2015, 17:06
Love the app and use it all the time. I would like to echo the desire for more options for Rev display. I'd love a Motec one add well as a analog Rev counter to better immersion while using period vehicles. I have my phone on a host to display the dash so I can have a better 1:1 fov with my triple monitor setup. This way I don't have to worry about trying to get the gauges in frame as well. I'd love an analog Rev gauge to go along with the historic vehicles.

cjorgens79
04-12-2015, 02:46
Love the app and use it all the time. I would like to echo the desire for more options for Rev display. I'd love a Motec one add well as a analog Rev counter to better immersion while using period vehicles. I have my phone on a host to display the dash so I can have a better 1:1 gov with my triple monitor setup. This way I don't have to worry about trying to get the gushes in frame as well. I'd love an analog Rev gauge to go along with the historic vehicles.

Thanks, yeah I plan to add more dash options when time permits

Fre.Mo
09-12-2015, 15:46
Thanks, yeah I plan to add more dash options when time permits

Indeed, a Motec style dash should be great... I can t wait testing your app as soon as the patch 7 is out on PS4!

mcevoym
10-12-2015, 12:23
Looking to invest in this for patch 7 when it's console compatible. Will we be able to cycle through the screens using the key assigned for motec cycling or will we need to touch the screen, also can 2 devices be connected at the same time? Thanks

goon
10-12-2015, 13:21
I use pCars Dash on PC, and you can run more than two devices at once. On PC you can assign a button to both cycle forward and backward through the screens. It's a very cool app.

cjorgens79
10-12-2015, 15:13
Looking to invest in this for patch 7 when it's console compatible. Will we be able to cycle through the screens using the key assigned for motec cycling or will we need to touch the screen, also can 2 devices be connected at the same time? Thanks

On the consoles no, you will need to tap the screen. On the PC i have an app which runs on the PC that handles the controller link for custom configuraiton of buttons to change screens etc. On the console there is no such thing possible. The new api does however output values for dPad and joyPad, so it may be possible to add support to use those for changing screens, but as i dont have a console to test with, i dont really know which of those might be suitable to use. If one of those console control inputs dpad/joypad) isnt used by the game, then i could add support for it.

And yes you can use multiple devices at once.

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-12-2015, 14:48
On the consoles no, you will need to tap the screen. On the PC i have an app which runs on the PC that handles the controller link for custom configuraiton of buttons to change screens etc. On the console there is no such thing possible. The new api does however output values for dPad and joyPad, so it may be possible to add support to use those for changing screens, but as i dont have a console to test with, i dont really know which of those might be suitable to use. If one of those console control inputs dpad/joypad) isnt used by the game, then i could add support for it.

And yes you can use multiple devices at once.

On the PS4 the d-pad is used by the game by default as follows
Up button: Cycle lap info
Down button: opponent names
Left button: Cycle HUD display
Right button: Cycle Motel HUD Display

The default for the motion sensor DS4 control profile is the same. I can't check for wheel at the moment but all can be reconfigured anyway.

For those interested in buying this I would imagine most PS4 users will be happy to reprogram their wheel/controller/keyboard to other buttons. On Xbox I dont believe they have the keyboard option available yet but I could be wrong. They could still reassign at least one button.

All controls can be configured. I personally use the down arrow for changing the Motec display. I guess if your app has or could have an option to configure app functions to dpad buttons within the app then that would allow us to move back and forward (2 buttons) or cycle through (one button or whatever other controls) up to 4 buttons on dpad) you care to give us in the app (eg change between imperial and metric speed/temperature displays).

If you need someone to help test once version 7 is released on PS4 I'm happy to help.

Fanapryde
11-12-2015, 17:02
ok i will look into it, thanks
Did you ?
Because it does not seem to be happening again...:eagerness:

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 01:41
Did you ?
Because it does not seem to be happening again...:eagerness:

hehe yep i have looked into it, but changes to hopefully prevent it from occuring again are only in the new version 2.1+ (came out yesterday on iOS and should be out today on Android and soon on WP7)

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 01:42
On the PS4 the d-pad is used by the game by default as follows
Up button: Cycle lap info
Down button: opponent names
Left button: Cycle HUD display
Right button: Cycle Motel HUD Display

The default for the motion sensor DS4 control profile is the same. I can't check for wheel at the moment but all can be reconfigured anyway.

For those interested in buying this I would imagine most PS4 users will be happy to reprogram their wheel/controller/keyboard to other buttons. On Xbox I dont believe they have the keyboard option available yet but I could be wrong. They could still reassign at least one button.

All controls can be configured. I personally use the down arrow for changing the Motel display. I guess if your app has or could have an option to configure app functions to dpad buttons within the app then that would allow us to move back and forward (2 buttons) or cycle through (one button or whatever other controls) up to 4 buttons on dpad) you care to give us in the app (eg change between imperial and metric speed/temperature displays).

If you need someone to help test on version 7 is released on PS4 I'm happy to help.

Thanks for this info, ill have to find out if someone can tell me what the api values for the different directions are so i can look at mapping them to functions.

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 07:31
FYI new builds of "pCars Dash" are now available on iTunes and Google play which support the new UDP stream. WP7/WP8 will be following soon

JohnSchoonsBeard
12-12-2015, 08:33
FYI new builds of "pCars Dash" are now available on iTunes and Google play which support the new UDP stream. WP7/WP8 will be following soon

I'll get it as soon as version 7 is out. Have you got a mode that ignores the resetting of tyre heating ;)

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 12:08
I'll get it as soon as version 7 is out. Have you got a mode that ignores the resetting of tyre heating ;)

haha no unfortunately not

FYI WP7/WP8 update has been certified and will be available within the next 12 or so hours

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 13:24
I have started a list on the first post of this thread of Android and WP8 devices that are known to work or not work with the new UDP telemetry stream added in Patch 7. Could any of you who have Android or WP8 devices let me know if the new Direct Mode stream works for you or not? This can also be simulated using the Shared Memory option and setting the IP Address in pCars Transmitter to 255.255.255.255

Cheers

inthebagbud
12-12-2015, 14:36
Added to http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38864-Forum-Resources-for-Pcars thread and noted as patch 7 udp compatible

inthebagbud
13-12-2015, 18:51
Will the app work through an android emulator like Droid4X then I don't have to bother with android device but can use from my laptop?

AnDyCapzZ
13-12-2015, 18:57
Thanks for the App Cjorgens. Have downloaded already and am looking forward to using it on both my iPhone (dash) and IPad (telemetry) next week ����

Djinn
14-12-2015, 06:11
Yesterday I tried your new version on my iPad mini 4. This time I selected the new UDP direct mode. It works, but I noticed the performance is much worse in comparison to the the version running pCARS transmitter. With UDP the screen updates happened only a few times a second even when I was using UDP 1 which should update every 16ms. Is it still possible to run with pCARS transmitter? Because I didn't find the normal "shared memory" option in pCARS anymore.

Fanapryde
14-12-2015, 07:45
Is it still possible to run with pCARS transmitter? Because I didn't find the normal "shared memory" option in pCARS anymore.
I still use it that way...
Though i had to reassign the button I use to scroll the pages a few times. The transmitter did not seem to save the setting the first tries. I"ll check again today.

Edit: checked today and it works fine - again...

GForce
14-12-2015, 08:37
Look all very nice and I can't wait for the Patch 7 for PS4 to get this working and live on my devices!

Only one question, will it be possible to have more than one device running with this app for the same PS4?

As example one to the left of the wheel, the other to the right. showing different screens at the same time?

Cu
GForce!

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 11:43
Yesterday I tried your new version on my iPad mini 4. This time I selected the new UDP direct mode. It works, but I noticed the performance is much worse in comparison to the the version running pCARS transmitter. With UDP the screen updates happened only a few times a second even when I was using UDP 1 which should update every 16ms. Is it still possible to run with pCARS transmitter? Because I didn't find the normal "shared memory" option in pCARS anymore.

There is an update to the iOS version in submission with Apple at the moment that improves the performance a fair bit. (didnt have time to get it in that version due to the delay it getting apps approved by apple). Setting the update rate faster (UDP value lower) will just make it worse because as soon as you exceed the limit of how quick it can process and render the udp data then it will just get behind and get all laggy. Start with a UDP value of 5 (which is the same as the 50ms setting on pCars Transmitter and you should be ok. If its still having issues, try slow it down even more, ie increase the UDP setting. Anyway, like i said there is another update on the way, but Apple approval is a slow process and they do shutdown between Dec 22 and Dec 29, so if we are lucky it will be approved before the 22nd, otherwise it will be after the 29th :(.

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 11:44
Look all very nice and I can't wait for the Patch 7 for PS4 to get this working and live on my devices!

Only one question, will it be possible to have more than one device running with this app for the same PS4?

As example one to the left of the wheel, the other to the right. showing different screens at the same time?

Cu
GForce!

Yep you sure can, you can technically have as many devices as you want all reading from the same UDP stream. You could have a couple running pCars Dash and others devices running some of the other apps like Crew Chief.

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 11:46
Will the app work through an android emulator like Droid4X then I don't have to bother with android device but can use from my laptop?

Im not familiar with Droid4X, but if it does a proper job of emulating Android and its compatible with the Google Play store then it should work.

GForce
14-12-2015, 12:57
Yep you sure can, you can technically have as many devices as you want all reading from the same UDP stream. You could have a couple running pCars Dash and others devices running some of the other apps like Crew Chief.

Thanks for that, looking forward to use Pcars dash on my Ipad and Iphone in parallel :-)

And, once release, the crew chief on a third device.

Cu
GForce

Fre.Mo
14-12-2015, 13:46
Do you have an idea of when you could add a MOTEC style dash?

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 13:51
Do you have an idea of when you could add a MOTEC style dash?

Well i'll be on holiday from my day job in another week and a half, so im hoping to have some time to work on more updates to the app such as new dashes. PM me some links to images of what you are hoping to see, the hardest thing for me will be to find something i can use for the background, im not a graphic artist, so i need to be able to find something usable on the net.

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 14:05
Brilliant thank you!

works on iPhone 6, although will need to buy again for android tablet too. I'd keep an eye on your bank account ;)

Love being able to see all lap and sector times at the end of any session great feature

ports
14-12-2015, 14:51
I think i'm going to have to go out and buy an android device so i can use this App as well all the devices in my house and there all windows :(

diesel97
14-12-2015, 15:02
Has anybody tried mapping a button on the PS4 so you can scroll through screens on the app ?

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 15:11
Maybe i sound silly but will this work in my windows10 Tablet?

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 15:32
Has anybody tried mapping a button on the PS4 so you can scroll through screens on the app ?

That won't work, you have to tap the screen on the device to cycle the screens. I also noticed the data will remain on the screen until you start a new session so very useful for checking your own lap times/sectors

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-12-2015, 15:41
It works brilliantly on my Sony Xperia 5 phone.

I'm struggling to get it working on my older HTC One X. Sometimes it loads the app but doesn't find the signal or it loads the dash screen and starts getting data but the data quickly gets stuck. So this seems to confirm the problems with some HTC phones you mention in the first post.

diesel97
14-12-2015, 16:01

I'm struggling to get it working on my older HTC One X. Sometimes it loads the app but doesn't find the signal or it loads the dash screen and starts getting data but the data quickly gets stuck. So this seems to confirm the problems with some HTC phones you mention in the first post.

maybe on the htc you might have to slow down the refresh rate (ms) 1=fast 10=slowest i think it goes to 10

a wait that might be crew chief only

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-12-2015, 16:10
maybe on the htc you might have to slow down the refresh rate (ms) 1=fast 10=slowest i think it goes to 10

a wait that might be crew chief only

Unfortunately not. I tried the slowest (9). No worries as I have the Sony phone and am hoping Father Christmas has been listening regarding a Samsung tablet.

The HTC will still be useful as my PSN messenger and for stream viewing other racers' broadcasts.

theitalian06
14-12-2015, 16:15
Does this app work on the windows phone nokia lumia 530 and kindle fire hd.

Very interested in this.

cheers

mjemec11
14-12-2015, 16:21
Works fine on HTC One M8.

Boskapongen
14-12-2015, 17:28
Works on Samsung Galaxy S5 / PS4

jfkowboy
14-12-2015, 18:21
Hello all

pCars Dash is mentionning a wifi connection between PS4 and phone. Question: is there a need to connect PS4 in wifi or being on the same network is enough (PS4 Ethernet et phone wifi )?

thanks for your reply

Boskapongen
14-12-2015, 18:29
Hello all

pCars Dash is mentionning a wifi connection between PS4 and phone. Question: is there a need to connect PS4 in wifi or being on the same network is enough (PS4 Ethernet et phone wifi )?

thanks for your reply

I run my PS4 on ethernet, phone Wifi, works great, same network.

McKiernan
14-12-2015, 19:12
Just got this today on my Nokia Lumia 925 (windows 8.1). It's working perfectly on my PS4, thanks a million.

GForce
15-12-2015, 07:21
Hello all

thanks for your reply

I have my PS4 connected with cable and the Phone wireless, works great.
Colleague of mine has both wireless and he has some lag problems.

Cu
GForce

GForce
15-12-2015, 07:25
Questions to the developer.

- Will it be possible to get the tire pressure in "bar" instead of "psi"? In the german version of PCars it is in "bar" and this is very confusing. (feature request :) )
- why is it only possible to turn the screen on the first screen and not for the others?

Cu
GForce

2stains
15-12-2015, 07:53
Thanks SMS and Hud Dash ;-)
Awesome ._..

hitmanvega
15-12-2015, 08:54
Any clarity yet if u can run the App with a laptop/ps4...? :confused:

GForce
15-12-2015, 08:56

Pcars Dash is at the moment "only" available for IOS, Android and Win Phone.

Cu
GForce

Fre.Mo
15-12-2015, 09:36
Well i'll be on holiday from my day job in another week and a half, so im hoping to have some time to work on more updates to the app such as new dashes. PM me some links to images of what you are hoping to see, the hardest thing for me will be to find something i can use for the background, im not a graphic artist, so i need to be able to find something usable on the net.

Ok, here is what I expected to see in you fantastic app:

I can remove the display and send to you a blank device.

inthebagbud
15-12-2015, 10:08

If you only have access to a laptop, you could download an Android emulator like Droid4X and run the app in this on your laptop

Sessionerror
15-12-2015, 10:54
If you only have access to a laptop, you could download an Android emulator like Droid4X and run the app in this on your laptop

Oh, this is great! But how do I get the app on my laptop??

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 10:58

You cant do this currently on the consoles, only the PC version via pCars Transmitter, but i will be adding a way to do this once i get the info from Tim re the dPad and joyPad bit masks for the consoles.

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 11:00

Ok thanks for the feedback re the HTC and Sony. Glad one works at least. Ive added both to the list on the first page.

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 11:02
Does this app work on the windows phone nokia lumia 530 and kindle fire hd.

Very interested in this.

cheers

Yep should work on the Lumia 530, i have a 520 here i test with and it works on that. They arent the fastest of phones though, so UDP setting would probably need to be 5 or higher. (try 5 first)

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 11:03
Works fine on HTC One M8.

Great, thanks

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 11:06
Questions to the developer.

- Will it be possible to get the tire pressure in "bar" instead of "psi"? In the german version of PCars it is in "bar" and this is very confusing. (feature request :) )
- why is it only possible to turn the screen on the first screen and not for the others?

Cu
GForce

Ill bar add it to the list of requests.

Re the orientation, i need to come up with new graphics and layouts for portrait, its a fair bit of work but it is on the list, some of the screens its hard to make fit nicely.

Re your colleague with wireless and lag, get him to try increase the UDP setting and see if that helps, will slow the rate a bit, but might help his lag

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 11:07
Yep should work on the Lumia 530, i have a 520 here i test with and it works on that. They arent the fastest of phones though, so UDP setting would probably need to be 5 or higher. (try 5 first)

Actually sorry i might be wrong about that, the 520 doesnt work with the UDP stream, only with my transmitter, so the 530 may not work either. I cant say for sure though without someone trying it.

GForce
15-12-2015, 11:33
Ok, here is what I expected to see in you fantastic app:

I can remove the display and send to you a blank device.

I like this one too! Fre.Mo always has good stuff :)

Cu
GForce

GForce
15-12-2015, 11:36
Ill bar add it to the list of requests.

Re the orientation, i need to come up with new graphics and layouts for portrait, its a fair bit of work but it is on the list, some of the screens its hard to make fit nicely.

Re your colleague with wireless and lag, get him to try increase the UDP setting and see if that helps, will slow the rate a bit, but might help his lag

Thanks for adding.

My colleague said he tried all UDP settings. But did not help too much.
And maybe, lag is not really the correct description, it's more a delay.

But he only had a quick check yesterday and I'm pretty sure that this is with regards to his wireless as I have almost the same setup and mine is working perfectly fine.

Cu
GForce

inthebagbud
15-12-2015, 11:57
Oh, this is great! But how do I get the app on my laptop??

Download Droid4X see this link for info http://www.alltechfeed.com/dowload-droid4x-offline-installer-for-pc-windows-10-8-1-7-mac/

When you have installed it has play store link inbuilt - so off to store, download and install as if you where using an android device :o

Sessionerror
15-12-2015, 13:26
Download Droid4X see this link for info http://www.alltechfeed.com/dowload-droid4x-offline-installer-for-pc-windows-10-8-1-7-mac/

When you have installed it has play store link inbuilt - so off to store, download and install as if you where using an android device :o

Thanks! I was able to buy and download the app now :) However, it's telling me that it's waiting for Transmitter Signal all the time. I set the app in Direct Mode and the UDP stream from pCARS is working, as I don't have any problems with the Crew Chief. Anything else I need to set up? Do you use it on a MacBook as well? Thanks in advance! :)

Michael Janke
15-12-2015, 13:38
I was trying the app in Droid4x and in other emulator, it not work :( So it seems like a problem to give the app a internet connection in a emulator

memoric77
15-12-2015, 14:45
You cant do this currently on the consoles, only the PC version via pCars Transmitter, but i will be adding a way to do this once i get the info from Tim re the dPad and joyPad bit masks for the consoles.

First of all, great work, great engagement! :)

Can you add scroll through screens by mapping a custom button from a external keyboard like a buttonbox, numpad etc.?

And make it able to choose from tyre pressure psi to bar? Will be one screen customizeable? Or some chooseable layouts for rpm, more brighten lights with blury effect for example? :)

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 16:02

Can you add scroll through screens by mapping a custom button from a external keyboard like a buttonbox, numpad etc.?

And make it able to choose from tyre pressure psi to bar? Will be one screen customizeable? Or some chooseable layouts for rpm, more brighten lights with blury effect for example? :)

support for button mappings on console is coming via the dPad or joyPad, was just waiting on the some info from Tim re the bit masks. Conversion to bar is also on the list as well as alternative dashs (motec, cosworth).

LVracerGT
15-12-2015, 16:46
Downloaded the app last night and its pretty neat! I'm on PS4 and it works flawlessly. A couple suggestions of I may:

Customization and small font - would be nice to move things around, also hard to read some info like track/ambient and brake temps.

Tire temps - currently only show single temp value per tire. Need inside/middle/outside temps

Lights for the rev counter (shift lights) - need to be brighter compared to other info on screen. It's hard to see when the it gets to the red LED's from peripheral vision while driving even in low lighting.

inthebagbud
15-12-2015, 18:37
I was trying the app in Droid4x and in other emulator, it not work :( So it seems like a problem to give the app a internet connection in a emulator

Thanks! I was able to buy and download the app now :) However, it's telling me that it's waiting for Transmitter Signal all the time. I set the app in Direct Mode and the UDP stream from pCARS is working, as I don't have any problems with the Crew Chief. Anything else I need to set up? Do you use it on a MacBook as well? Thanks in advance! :)

As the xbox update is not out yet I cannot fully test the app, but I assume you have internet access through Droid as you have downloaded the app using Droid?

If so try this

On Droid home screen is a folder called sysfolder > open this > open settings > wifi will be at top and should be turned on, this is using something called wired SSD and may be the issue, so turn wifi off and you will then see a 3G signal replace wifi in top bar.

See if the app works now

Also consider windows firewall may be blocking

RayH
15-12-2015, 18:48
Last time I checked Inside, middle/outside tire temps were not available via the API. It has been on the wish list since the API V1.0 was released. Maybe in PCars 2.0. But given the superb support so far to 1.0 maybe in an update.

Sessionerror
15-12-2015, 19:59
As the xbox update is not out yet I cannot fully test the app, but I assume you have internet access through Droid as you have downloaded the app using Droid?

If so try this

On Droid home screen is a folder called sysfolder > open this > open settings > wifi will be at top and should be turned on, this is using something called wired SSD and may be the issue, so turn wifi off and you will then see a 3G signal replace wifi in top bar.

See if the app works now

Thanks for the advice! I'm on Mac, so Windows firewall shouldn't be a problem and the Mac firewall setting should be fine.

So I tried the wifi setting on & off on Droid. Unfortunately, the app didn't receive a signal either way. But it was worth i try ;)

copes24
15-12-2015, 20:09
Why is it that it works on some devices and not others? Is it just depending on the android version?

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 00:06
Why is it that it works on some devices and not others? Is it just depending on the android version?

Its appears to be related to the way the manufacturers have implemented their networking support. I would imagine it is probably due to battery life / power saving that they choose to intentionally discard network traffic which is not aimed specifically at the device's address which is the case with the UDP interface, as it uses a global broadcast rather than sending the message to a specific IP. I've heard of cases of the manufacturers releasing firmware patches to resolve the issue when people have complained (i think it might have been for the newer HTC phones), but some may not.

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 00:09
Downloaded the app last night and its pretty neat! I'm on PS4 and it works flawlessly. A couple suggestions of I may:

Customization and small font - would be nice to move things around, also hard to read some info like track/ambient and brake temps.

Tire temps - currently only show single temp value per tire. Need inside/middle/outside temps

Lights for the rev counter (shift lights) - need to be brighter compared to other info on screen. It's hard to see when the it gets to the red LED's from peripheral vision while driving even in low lighting.

Improving the readability for phones is on the todo list. Tire temps are limited due to the api, it only supplies one value for temp for each tire. Ill what can be done re the red light, maybe when you hit the red light, it changes all the other lights to also show red so the whole bar becomes red as a warning, do you think that would help?

diesel97
16-12-2015, 01:15
Improving the readability for phones is on the todo list. Tire temps are limited due to the api, it only supplies one value for temp for each tire. Ill what can be done re the red light, maybe when you hit the red light, it changes all the other lights to also show red so the whole bar becomes red as a warning, do you think that would help?

havent tried it yet but maybe a flashing red light? faster the flash the longer you are into the red

GForce
16-12-2015, 05:42

Very good Idea about the button assignement for a buttonbox. +1 from me.

Cu
GForce

Djinn
16-12-2015, 06:11
Yesterday I tested the pCARS dash app on my iPad mini 4 again (with UDP). Doesn't matter which mode I use (UDP 1-9), there's always lag and it seems the app is seconds behind. You said there is another update coming for the iOS version which helps with performance. I will try then again.

GForce
16-12-2015, 06:50
Yesterday I tested the pCARS dash app on my iPad mini 4 again (with UDP). Doesn't matter which mode I use (UDP 1-9), there's always lag and it seems the app is seconds behind. You said there is another update coming for the iOS version which helps with performance. I will try then again.

Is your PS4 connected wireless or wired?
If wireless, maybe (temp.) using wired could help.

Cu
GForce

Djinn
16-12-2015, 07:52
Is your PS4 connected wireless or wired?
If wireless, maybe (temp.) using wired could help.

Cu
GForce

I'm playing on PC (wired). :)

JohnSchoonsBeard
16-12-2015, 07:56
Its appears to be related to the way the manufacturers have implemented their networking support. I would imagine it is probably due to battery life / power saving that they choose to intentionally discard network traffic which is not aimed specifically at the device's address which is the case with the UDP interface, as it uses a global broadcast rather than sending the message to a specific IP. I've heard of cases of the manufacturers releasing firmware patches to resolve the issue when people have complained (i think it might have been for the newer HTC phones), but some may not.

I was trying to read up on it. I'm not a programmer. I did find some code chat online which appeared to be something to do with providing a multicast lock in either the stream (SMS) or the app (app developers) for some of these phones to receive UDP data. I'm not sure if they could apply in our case but sounded worth exploring.

https://code.google.com/p/boxeeremote/wiki/AndroidUDP

http://codeisland.org/2012/udp-multicast-on-android/

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.MulticastLock.html

Hopefully there is something that makes sense there.

Also you might want to avoid networks/routers using power line adapters. I've found my android htc one X doesn't like those where apple devices do.

Edit: sorry realised my mistake - you have an iPad.

Shiftdel
16-12-2015, 08:02
Love the app, been using in on my iPad 2 for a while now,

But now I have a small problem the below screen

The TB and PB is showing always strang values.

GForce
16-12-2015, 08:05

Sorry, I did not read carefully enough :)

Cu
GForce

Djinn
16-12-2015, 12:00
Sorry, I did not read carefully enough :)

Cu
GForce

You did. :)

In my profile the platform was set to PC, but it didn't show up below my avatar. The whole platform line was not there. I had to change the platform in my profile to PS4 and right back again to PC, then it showed up.

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 12:47

Can you try the Shared Memory interface instead and see if that's any better for you?

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 12:48
I was trying to read up on it. I'm not a programmer. I did find some code chat online which appeared to be something to do with providing a multicast lock in either the stream (SMS) or the app (app developers) for some of these phones to receive UDP data. I'm not sure if they could apply in our case but sounded worth exploring.

https://code.google.com/p/boxeeremote/wiki/AndroidUDP

http://codeisland.org/2012/udp-multicast-on-android/

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.MulticastLock.html

Hopefully there is something that makes sense there.

Thanks but we have already been through all that, the multicast locks dont help unfortunately.

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 12:52
Love the app, been using in on my iPad 2 for a while now,

But now I have a small problem the below screen

The TB and PB is showing always strang values.

I think you've found a bug with my link logic to the UDP interface, the track name is only intermittantly sent so i suspect its ended up recording the times from a different track/session prior to it getting the new name during a change. If you delete the app from the phone and reinstall it it will reset those values (and all other PB/TB's), but its possible the issue will happen again. I will need to make a patch to fix it properly.

deedub777
16-12-2015, 13:03
Driving on Ruapuna last night, the track map does not load, any ideas?

Djinn
16-12-2015, 13:03
Can you try the Shared Memory interface instead and see if that's any better for you?

I will try. I was using the shared memory option the last few months where UDP was not available and performance was great, never had the slightliest issue (iPhone 5S, iPad 3, iPad mini 4).

Is shared memory in-game enabled per default now since the option is gone?

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 13:22
I will try. I was using the shared memory option the last few months where UDP was not available and performance was great, never had the slightliest issue (iPhone 5S, iPad 3, iPad mini 4).

Is shared memory in-game enabled per default now since the option is gone?

Its still there, its under Options->Visuals->Hardware tab->Shared Memory

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 13:24
Driving on Ruapuna last night, the track map does not load, any ideas?

Yep, its because i havent built a map for it yet. It is on the list of things to do, just havent had time yet due to the amount of work to get the console interface going

JohnSchoonsBeard
16-12-2015, 19:03
Thanks but we have already been through all that, the multicast locks dont help unfortunately.

OK. Thanks.

Here's a feature request /suggestion. Could the map screen have a button that allows us to zoom in and out please (or maybe an extra zoomed in screen?

Also would it be possible to select which screens you want to scroll through by tapping the screen when racing? Eg If I select the map and one other screen then they are the only ones that will appear when cycling through.

Many thanks.

Fanapryde
16-12-2015, 19:13
Here's a feature request /suggestion. Could the map screen have a button that allows us to zoom in and out please (or maybe an extra zoomed in screen.
This, absolutely.

Chonas
16-12-2015, 21:47
Just tried it and it works perfectly in my old samsung s3 and also in my tablet galaxy tab s2.

Only I have two questions.
1- In the description it says the wheel will turn red when it is blocked, I dont see it, only see blue when it is spinning.
2- I dont know what exactly are the four first graphics in the telemetry screen, I dont think theyvare in the legend. Maybe they are the dampers?

Thank you very much for the app. It really worth its cost!!

Nickname85
17-12-2015, 08:12
Just tried it and it works perfectly in my old samsung s3 and also in my tablet galaxy tab s2.

Only I have two questions.
1- In the description it says the wheel will turn red when it is blocked, I dont see it, only see blue when it is spinning.
2- I dont know what exactly are the four first graphics in the telemetry screen, I dont think theyvare in the legend. Maybe they are the dampers?

Thank you very much for the app. It really worth its cost!!

On the website http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html i could find the following about the graphics / telemetry screen:

The sensor telemetry page shows a real time graph of key vehicle sensors as you go.

Along the top is the current sensor values. The colours for each value corrospond with the graph colours.

The first graph (gray) shows your gear selection at the time
The second graph (yellow) indicates vehicle speed
The third graph (blue) is the vehicles RPM
The fourth graph (brown) is the steering angle. The middle of the graph is no steering angle, above center indicates steering left and below center indicates steering right.
The final graph is a combination of throttle and brake %. The green being the throttle position and the red being the brake position.

Important Note: When the graph is longer than 1 page, you can scroll back and fourth using your finger to "drag" the screen. When clicking to change pages you must ensure you click a single position if you want to change pages rather than scroll the page.

inthebagbud
17-12-2015, 09:02

If so try this

See if the app works now

I have now tried to use the apps with Droid4X emulator and it does appear they do not work in an emulator environment. I suspect this is more to do with the way the emulator uses the computers network than the apps themselves :(

GForce
17-12-2015, 10:00
I have now tried to use the apps with Droid4X emulator and it does appear they do not work in an emulator environment. I suspect this is more to do with the way the emulator uses the computers network than the apps themselves :(

Maybe not all the network traffic is routed from the Device to the emulator!?

Cu
GForce

Chonas
17-12-2015, 11:20
On the website http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html i could find the following about the graphics / telemetry screen:

The sensor telemetry page shows a real time graph of key vehicle sensors as you go.

Along the top is the current sensor values. The colours for each value corrospond with the graph colours.

The first graph (gray) shows your gear selection at the time
The second graph (yellow) indicates vehicle speed
The third graph (blue) is the vehicles RPM
The fourth graph (brown) is the steering angle. The middle of the graph is no steering angle, above center indicates steering left and below center indicates steering right.
The final graph is a combination of throttle and brake %. The green being the throttle position and the red being the brake position.

Important Note: When the graph is longer than 1 page, you can scroll back and fourth using your finger to "drag" the screen. When clicking to change pages you must ensure you click a single position if you want to change pages rather than scroll the page.

Yes I saw it, but there are more lines than that. The app now is different to the picture in that page, and it seems like he added 4 lines at the top side, which seems to be related with the four wheels. Apart of them, I can identify all the lines that are explained in that description.

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 11:51
OK. Thanks.

Here's a feature request /suggestion. Could the map screen have a button that allows us to zoom in and out please (or maybe an extra zoomed in screen?

Also would it be possible to select which screens you want to scroll through by tapping the screen when racing? Eg If I select the map and one other screen then they are the only ones that will appear when cycling through.

Many thanks.

I could add pinch zoom to the existing map page however it would look crap. The maps don't scale well as they are a static images. If people really want it i could add it that way, but my longer term plan was to rework the mapping to use vectors that it can effectively scale infinitely which would allow close zoom ups which would be cool. Its on the list, but a fair bit of work which is why i haven't had time to do it yet.

Being able to choose to hide pages from the scrolling is something i already have on the list of todo, so that will happen in a future build.

Cheers

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:01
Yes I saw it, but there are more lines than that. The app now is different to the picture in that page, and it seems like he added 4 lines at the top side, which seems to be related with the four wheels. Apart of them, I can identify all the lines that are explained in that description.

The brown line is the tire temperature, the gray line is the "tire grip" value from the api. I think the tire grip field in the api is not particularly useful anymore, it used to be but i dont think its accurate anymore with the latest tire models in the game. That whole screen is due for a revamp really, ive just been putting it off to do other improvements instead because there is already some very good telemetry analysis tools around, like Tom Shanes profiler.

As for the wheel locking, make sure you do not have ABS enabled, drive onto the grass and hold your foot hard on the brake so your sliding with your wheels locked and you should see the tires lock up and go red.

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:02
FYI to anyone using pCars Dash on Android who also wants to use Crew Chief in the background, there will be a pCars Dash patch in the next day or so which will allow that to work, at the moment you would be getting an error about the network port being unavailable.

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:31
For anyone that wants to use Crew Chief with pCars Dash, i have just posted an update to pCars Dash that will allow them to work together at the same time on the same device. Will be available as an update via Google Play within the next couple of hours. Version will show 2.2a when updated. Cheers

Chonas
17-12-2015, 15:04
The brown line is the tire temperature, the gray line is the "tire grip" value from the api. I think the tire grip field in the api is not particularly useful anymore, it used to be but i dont think its accurate anymore with the latest tire models in the game. That whole screen is due for a revamp really, ive just been putting it off to do other improvements instead because there is already some very good telemetry analysis tools around, like Tom Shanes profiler.

As for the wheel locking, make sure you do not have ABS enabled, drive onto the grass and hold your foot hard on the brake so your sliding with your wheels locked and you should see the tires lock up and go red.

Thank you very muh for the information.
Regarding the wheels blocked I wasnt using ABS and I really blocked the wheels, anyway I will try again and I will disable the ABS in the main menu. Lets see if it works. Anyway, congratulations for the app. Thanks.

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-12-2015, 15:15
I could add pinch zoom to the existing map page however it would look crap. The maps don't scale well as they are a static images. If people really want it i could add it that way, but my longer term plan was to rework the mapping to use vectors that it can effectively scale infinitely which would allow close zoom ups which would be cool. Its on the list, but a fair bit of work which is why i haven't had time to do it yet.

Being able to choose to hide pages from the scrolling is something i already have on the list of todo, so that will happen in a future build.

Cheers

Your method of a zoomed view sounds the best.

My HTC One X has decided it will work with all apps now. Maybe the update did some magic? I can now run pcars dash and Crew Chief at the same time. Voice commands working too. Does he know any jokes?

Shiftdel
17-12-2015, 15:27
I think you've found a bug with my link logic to the UDP interface, the track name is only intermittantly sent so i suspect its ended up recording the times from a different track/session prior to it getting the new name during a change. If you delete the app from the phone and reinstall it it will reset those values (and all other PB/TB's), but its possible the issue will happen again. I will need to make a patch to fix it properly.

Uninstall / new installatie on the ipad did infeed fix this for the moment.
Swapped a few tracks but did not occure anymore so no reproduction scenario found.

Fight-Test
17-12-2015, 16:48
Is lemans also not added to maps yet? It was the only track I raced last night. Just wanna make sure its not something on my end.

Fanapryde
17-12-2015, 17:01
Is lemans also not added to maps yet? It was the only track I raced last night. Just wanna make sure its not something on my end.
It is there, but it seems to take a while to load.

Fractured Life
17-12-2015, 17:37
Your method of a zoomed view sounds the best.

My HTC One X has decided it will work with all apps now. Maybe the update did some magic? I can now run pcars dash and Crew Chief at the same time. Voice commands working too. Does he know any jokes?

So it works good on the old One X. What Android is yours on? I have my old phone my 'oul fella was using until he smashed the screen. Ordering a new digitizer and all that but I think its still on Kitkat. What you running? I have a few Androids lying round. Now i just need Duplo.

mr_belowski
17-12-2015, 17:41
You can have my duplo. It comes bundled with 2 cranky kids who fight all the time

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-12-2015, 18:05
So it works good on the old One X. What Android is yours on? I have my old phone my 'oul fella was using until he smashed the screen. Ordering a new digitizer and all that but I think its still on Kitkat. What you running? I have a few Androids lying round. Now i just need Duplo.

This is what it has

Android 4.2 2
HTC sense 5.0

I'm sorry I know nothing about the names they use for software and don't have the desire or space in my brain to learn what they mean. :)

Happy "apping"

Mr.60trim
17-12-2015, 18:41
You can add HTC One (M7) to the list of working devices.

Zeke Bewlay
17-12-2015, 20:10
First my impression using with PS4. Great! Only major issue is the lag over network means that shift lights are not useful. I have played with UDP rates and still significant.
Suggestion - include the tyre fitted on the car somewhere. Needed when settings at 'automatic by weather'

Fanapryde
17-12-2015, 20:19
Suggestion - include the tyre fitted on the car somewhere. Needed when settings at 'automatic by weather'
AFAIK it can't be done on PCars, because the game does not transmit this, nor the tire pressure, nor the Delta times for the cars bahind and ahead of you...

madmax2069
17-12-2015, 20:21
First my impression using with PS4. Great! Only major issue is the lag over network means that shift lights are not useful. I have played with UDP rates and still significant.

The games built in telemetry can tell you that. Just press left on the d-pad a few times to bring it up.

transfix
17-12-2015, 21:11
I wonder if there is a way to show KERS and DRS activation? Maybe on the Lite HUD Page?

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:43

Lemans is in there, the UDP interface takes a while to post the track name for detection. I switched over to using track detection based on track length that mr_belowski recommended, but perhaps lemans isnt resolving properly. Ill look into it

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:45
You can add HTC One (M7) to the list of working devices.

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:47

Unless your using a really slow device, you shouldnt be experiencing lag with UDP of 5. What mobile device are you using?

Tyre isnt available in the api unfortunately

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:48
AFAIK it can't be done on PCars, because the game does not transmit this, nor the tire pressure, nor the Delta times for the cars bahind and ahead of you...

tire pressures are in the UDP api, so if you use the UDP mode instead of shared memory on the PC you will see tire pressures on the first page

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:49
I wonder if there is a way to show KERS and DRS activation? Maybe on the Lite HUD Page?

Yes i think there is, at least one of those is in the api. Ill add it to the lite hud

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 01:50
For anyone using iOS, the new patch v2.2 should now be available which should resolve the performance issues some people have been experiencing with the iPad Air.

Chonas
18-12-2015, 08:00
I checked it and I still think the app doesnt show the wheels blocked, I checked the ABS is disabled and them clearly were completely blocked, Im using a galaxy tab s2 and everything goes perfectly but this. Could someone confirm if it is only my problem? Thanks!!

cbox33
18-12-2015, 10:35
Great app ! Thanx alot... You can add to the list of working devices (simultaneously !) :
Phone LG G2
Tablet Cube U30GT2

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 11:29
I checked it and I still think the app doesnt show the wheels blocked, I checked the ABS is disabled and them clearly were completely blocked, Im using a galaxy tab s2 and everything goes perfectly but this. Could someone confirm if it is only my problem? Thanks!!

It sounds like it may be broken in the UDP stream mode then, ill check it out and get it fixed

mr_belowski
18-12-2015, 11:43
Mine seems to work when it's detecting wheel locking and spinning. I use the TyreRPS data for this and calculate the slip speed from an estimate of the tyre circumference and the current car speed - the tyre slip speed data seemed really noisy

Fanapryde
18-12-2015, 11:44
It sounds like it may be broken in the UDP stream mode then, ill check it out and get it fixed
It is, just tested on UDP mode and the the wheels don't come red when blocked.
On shared memory, they do.

Also oil and water temperature are off in UDP. Same car/track/conditions:
UDP: both about 56C
SM: both about 91C
?

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 12:27

?

Ok thanks I will sort it out, I must have a conversion error with the temps from the UDP stream. Wheel locking i know works fine in shared memory so i must have made a mistake in my port over to UDP.

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 14:22
Is anyone here using an XBox with a Sony experia Aqua or Samsung galaxy s2 and if so is the app working ok on it for you?

DeathMetalRacer
18-12-2015, 14:44
Any chance there will be a Windows 32 and 64 bit version coming out in the future?

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 02:50
Any chance there will be a Windows 32 and 64 bit version coming out in the future?

Yes that is the intention. I actually already have one, but i have no way to practically license and sell it at the moment. I am considering Steam as an option, or Project Centennial which is something microsoft is doing to allow developers to package up win32 apps and sell them on the windows store.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 02:54
Is anyone here using pCars Dash with an iPhone 6+ and if so is it working properly for you or are you getting lag?

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 11:33

?

Im not sure how you got that, but im running UDP and Shared Memory side by side at the moment and im getting identical temp values in each. Is it possible your test was flawed, or perhaps there is something you have done differently than me to make it happen? Did you test on the same device, is it possible one was showing degrees C and the other degrees F and there was a small period of time when switching between the two tests that would have allowed enough cooling to bring the temp F down to 96?

transfix
19-12-2015, 11:46
Is anyone here using pCars Dash with an iPhone 6+ and if so is it working properly for you or are you getting lag?

I am running iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Depending on your home network connection I find running data rate between 2-4 is best. Was getting some lag at the recommended 5.

Fanapryde
19-12-2015, 11:56
Im not sure how you got that, but im running UDP and Shared Memory side by side at the moment and im getting identical temp values in each. Is it possible your test was flawed, or perhaps there is something you have done differently than me to make it happen? Did you test on the same device, is it possible one was showing degrees C and the other degrees F and there was a small period of time when switching between the two tests that would have allowed enough cooling to bring the temp F down to 96?
No idea.
Same device.
I just switched from UDP to SM to check the "red tires".
I was using the Audi R8 LMP at Zolder.
No changes made to the car, same time, same conditions, end of lap 5.
There was a periode of 2' or so between the two runs.
Don't think it was a F vs C issue, 56F would be 13,3C while 56C is 132,8F. ;)

I'll check again later today if it has changed now.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:00
Yes i think there is, at least one of those is in the api. Ill add it to the lite hud

Sorry neither is available in the API unfortunately :(

Ajnn
19-12-2015, 13:01

Well i test with ipad mini ans Ipad 3 and the lag is not relevant. Wherever after some laps the Pcars Dash stop working i have to deactivate de wireless connection from Ipad and start again. Do have this problem? I have the Ps4 connect to the router with cable.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:16
Well i test with ipad mini ans Ipad 3 and the lag is not relevant. Wherever after some laps the Pcars Dash stop working i have to deactivate de wireless connection from Ipad and start again. Do have this problem? I have the Ps4 connect to the router with cable.

What UDP setting are you using in game? I have seen connection issues between wifi routers and the iOS devices fall over if the rate is too fast (it happens on mine, i have an old router and sometimes the connection to my iPad drops out when the rate is set at fastest). A UDP setting of 1 may cause this, i would suggest switching to 5 and seeing if you still have the problem. If 5 works ok, then work down from there to find the lowest number you can use without the wifi dropping out.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:22
I am pushing out another Android update, it will be available for all within the next few hours. Ive basically just been clearing up some of the issues that have been reported before i start on some of the new feature request. This new build is 2.2b and has the following fixes

Fixed "wheel lockups" not working in UDP mode so now you can see when you lock those brakes
Fixed issues with track maps not always appearing on map page in UDP mode for
- LeMans
- Azure Coast Full / Stages
- California Highway Full / Stages
- Hockenheim Classic
- Nordschleife Stages
- Rouen Les Essarts
- Silverstone Classic
Fixed Personal Best (PB) and Theoretical Best (TB) lap times being recorded against wrong track/var combo with UDP mode when track name resolution was failing or track name strings packet was missed.

For the iOS users out there, sorry this patch wont be available. Apple is shutting down the dev portal for a week in a matter of days and the approval process takes 2 weeks for any updates, so its better to just submit a bigger update for iOS which also includes the new features i intend to add next.

Elaine The Racer
19-12-2015, 13:27
Cjorgens do window phones work with the consoles for this app? Asking for a friend

Ajnn
19-12-2015, 13:29
What UDP setting are you using in game? I have seen connection issues between wifi routers and the iOS devices fall over if the rate is too fast (it happens on mine, i have an old router and sometimes the connection to my iPad drops out when the rate is set at fastest). A UDP setting of 1 may cause this, i would suggest switching to 5 and seeing if you still have the problem. If 5 works ok, then work down from there to find the lowest number you can use without the wifi dropping out.

UDP 5

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:32
Cjorgens do window phones work with the consoles for this app? Asking for a friend

Yes there is a windows phone version that works with the consoles.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:35
UDP 5

Do you get any error message in the app or does it just stop updating. Are you still able to change pages in the app once its stopped updating? If you can still change pages and there is no error message then i would imagine the problem must be with the wifi connection dropping out for some reason. Do you have another wifi AP you could try to see if that resolves your issue?

Elaine The Racer
19-12-2015, 13:35
Yes there is a windows phone version that works with the consoles.

Thank you! He's checked that list you've done, sadly he's got a 520 Lumia. So he's going to use his GF's S2 Samsung

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 13:39
Thank you! He's checked that list you've done, sadly he's got a 520 Lumia. So he's going to use his GF's S2 Samsung

Ah ok. If he has the PC version of Project Cars then the Lumia 520 is ok, it just wont work with UDP mode for the consoles.

Ajnn
19-12-2015, 13:50
Do you get any error message in the app or does it just stop updating. Are you still able to change pages in the app once its stopped updating? If you can still change pages and there is no error message then i would imagine the problem must be with the wifi connection dropping out for some reason. Do you have another wifi AP you could try to see if that resolves your issue?

Yes, i still can change the pages maybe it is a wifi problem. But the Ipad connect do the PS4 or to the Router? I have the PS4 connect to the router using an cable.

Elaine The Racer
19-12-2015, 14:00
Ah ok. If he has the PC version of Project Cars then the Lumia 520 is ok, it just wont work with UDP mode for the consoles.

Ok he's got a 635 he says now, will that work on his Xbox one?

transfix
19-12-2015, 14:15
Sorry neither is available in the API unfortunately :(

Thanks bud for checking.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 14:20
Yes, i still can change the pages maybe it is a wifi problem. But the Ipad connect do the PS4 or to the Router? I have the PS4 connect to the router using an cable.

Its fine to have the PS4 connected via cable to the same network as the wifi router. Plenty of people have it setup that way and working well.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 14:20
Ok he's got a 635 he says now, will that work on his Xbox one?

Sorry i don't know about the 635, very few people use windows phones so i dont have much information with regards to what models people have tried.

Ajnn
19-12-2015, 22:03

Well, it work fine now with no delay. I test with other Router.

cjorgens79
20-12-2015, 14:27
Been working on another update 2.2c for Android tonight, I hope to be able to get it pushed out to the store tomorrow night sometime.
So far ive
- Added option to show tire pressures as Bar or Psi
- Option to select which pages can be scrolled through (ie the others can be hidden)
- Added background illumination for peripheral vision when shift lights hit yellow and red on the lite hud
- Stopped vehicle and race page values from resetting when you enter the the pits or finish a session so that it is easier to make adjustments to the car based on what the last set of temp/wear readouts are
- Added driver aid indicators to the Lite HUD screen

Fanapryde
20-12-2015, 15:15
Awesome work @cjorgens79
Very useful additions... thanks !

Edit: question:
When using UDP, is there a way to switch screens by means of a dedicated button, or only tapping the screen ?
When I use UDP, pages don't change when using the button...

transfix
20-12-2015, 15:18
Been working on another update 2.2c for Android tonight, I hope to be able to get it pushed out to the store tomorrow night sometime.
So far ive
- Option to select which pages can be scrolled through (ie the others can be hidden)
- Added background illumination for peripheral vision when shift lights hit yellow and red on the lite hud
- Stopped vehicle and race page values from resetting when you enter the the pits or finish a session so that it is easier to make adjustments to the car based on what the last set of temp/wear readouts are

This making its way to iOS? Thanks for the updates.

Boskapongen
20-12-2015, 16:36

Does this mean that the red will flash? (easier to spot)

Djinn
21-12-2015, 06:06
Its still there, its under Options->Visuals->Hardware tab->Shared Memory

I tried it again with the Shared Memory option. There's lag now too, not as much as with UDP, but noticable. The really strange thing is that I never had any (lag) issues with Shared Memory until the UDP-option came out.

GForce
21-12-2015, 07:48
Pcars Dash in action on 3 screen :)

Cu
GForce

Fre.Mo
21-12-2015, 09:19
Pcars Dash in action on 3 screen :)

Cu
GForce

You re already ready for Project Planes...

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 11:41
I tried it again with the Shared Memory option. There's lag now too, not as much as with UDP, but noticable. The really strange thing is that I never had any (lag) issues with Shared Memory until the UDP-option came out.

Did you switch the UDP setting to OFF in the game options when you tried shared memory? If you left it on there would be a heap of extra network traffic being generated.

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 11:42
Does this mean that the red will flash? (easier to spot)

No it doesnt flash, but im not sure it needs it. Ill get everyone to try it out with what ive come up with and see if its noticable enough. If not then i can always make further changes

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 11:43
Awesome work @cjorgens79
Very useful additions... thanks !

Edit: question:
When using UDP, is there a way to switch screens by means of a dedicated button, or only tapping the screen ?
When I use UDP, pages don't change when using the button...

Currently only by tapping screen on UDP version, but i will be adding support for it now that i have the info i needed from Tim

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 11:45
This making its way to iOS? Thanks for the updates.

it will do, but iTunes connect shuts down for a week tomorrow, and then there is a 2 week approval process to go through for updates, so its a bit of a painful process. Thats why im looking to push out stuff quickly to Android as i can do that immediately, then once iTunes connect comes back online ill submit an iOS build with all the features that have been added and tested by the android users.

Djinn
21-12-2015, 11:51
Did you switch the UDP setting to OFF in the game options when you tried shared memory? If you left it on there would be a heap of extra network traffic being generated.
I'm pretty sure I did, but I will check again.

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 13:51
So far ive

Ok the build with these changes has just been pushed out to Google Play, should be available to all in the next couple of hours.

I'll probably try and tackle the controller button mappings this week, i would imagine most people would be pretty keen on this one.

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 13:56

For some reason my Lumia 520 is working perfectly with the UDP stream today. I just turned it on to check something and its faultless. Maybe it does work after all and there was just something up with it when i tried it before, maybe it had dropped off the network.

Alan Smith
21-12-2015, 14:01
I'm using 2 Samsung Tab 2's (7", android 4.4) to display separate screens and found a fair amount of lag using UDP, whether when just using one of them, or both.

Using shared memory in pCars solved it but only is there is an instance of pCars Dash running for each tablet, using broadcast mode re-introduces the delay.

I don't suppose there is a command line to specify the IP address of each tablet that can be added to the shortcuts to run pCars Dash?

Thank you for this app, I like the way that there is a finite number of screens and controls that all work really well, rather than the possibility for endless customization which would probable make me spend endless hours customizing it instead of actually using it.

Anyway. Well done, it's a much appreciated addition!

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 14:10
I'm using 2 Samsung Tab 2's (7", android 4.4) to display separate screens and found a fair amount of lag using UDP, whether when just using one of them, or both.

Using shared memory in pCars solved it but only is there is an instance of pCars Dash running for each tablet, using broadcast mode re-introduces the delay.

I don't suppose there is a command line to specify the IP address of each tablet that can be added to the shortcuts to run pCars Dash?

Thank you for this app, I like the way that there is a finite number of screens and controls that all work really well, rather than the possibility for endless customization which would probable make me spend endless hours customizing it instead of actually using it.

Anyway. Well done, it's a much appreciated addition!

If its broadcasts specifically that are cause the lag then it could be either an issue with the Android device itself (as has been documented with numerous devices, although not the samsung ones yet), or it could be a router/ap issue with the broadcast packets. With the pCars Transmitter when using shared memory, you can actually run two copies of it at once and set a different IP for each tablet so both are feed from a directly addressed packet.

Having said that, im currently experimenting with ways to work around the known Android issues with UDP broadcasts on some devices. I wouldnt mind getting you to try something to see if it helps in your case. Download this quick test program i made up (UDPTester (http://www.mediafire.com/download/3iov5xvibxo4wva/UDPTester.zip)) and run the exe on your PC. It will ask for the devices IP, like the transmitter does. Put in the IP of one of your tablets, then press start. Now startup Project Cars with UDP Mode and pCars Dash in UDP mode and see if it works any better. Dont have pCars Transmitter running, you wont need it for this test.

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 14:16
If its broadcasts specifically that are cause the lag then it could be either an issue with the Android device itself (as has been documented with numerous devices, although not the samsung ones yet), or it could be a router/ap issue with the broadcast packets. With the pCars Transmitter when using shared memory, you can actually run two copies of it at once and set a different IP for each tablet so both are feed from a directly addressed packet.

Having said that, im currently experimenting with ways to work around the known Android issues with UDP broadcasts on some devices. I wouldnt mind getting you to try something to see if it helps in your case. Download this quick test program i made up (UDPTester (http://www.mediafire.com/download/3iov5xvibxo4wva/UDPTester.zip)) and run the exe on your PC. It will ask for the devices IP, like the transmitter does. Put in the IP of one of your tablets, then press start. Now startup Project Cars with UDP Mode and pCars Dash in UDP mode and see if it works any better. Dont have pCars Transmitter running, you wont need it for this test.

Anyone else who also has a flaky Android device that wont work with the UDP stream can also give the tester a try if they have a PC on their network. I was able to get my laser tablet which didnt work to now work perfectly.

Alan Smith
21-12-2015, 17:06

In my previous post when I referred to ' an instance of pCars Dash for each tablet' & I should have said an instance of pCars Transmitter for each table, sorry for stating completely the wrong thing, the same with my mention of the IP address in the shortcut, I should have said for pCars Transmitter.

Anyway, thank you for the test exe. I tried it with UDP enabled, on UDP 5 there was noticable lag, between the PC display and the tablets and also between the tablets themselves. increasing the number worsened the effect, in fact on 9 one of the tablets stopped updating altogether. Reducing the UDP numbers improved things somewhat, the best being UDP 1 but there was still a noticeable delay in the tablets updating.

With UDP you can see 'N' appearing between gear changes (GT3 car) whereas with shared memory and the pCars transmitter the gear change goes from one number to the next instantly. This is also the case when running 2 instances of pCars Transmitter with 2 tablets, the PC display and the displays on the tablets all update simultaneously.

Selfishly, shared memory is good for me personally as I use a PC and want to assign buttons to change displays.

GForce
21-12-2015, 19:04
You re already ready for Project Planes...

No,thats prep for Project Submarine :) :)

Cu
GForce

GForce
21-12-2015, 19:09
Ok the build with these changes has just been pushed out to Google Play, should be available to all in the next couple of hours.

I'll probably try and tackle the controller button mappings this week, i would imagine most people would be pretty keen on this one.

Thats awesome, thank you very much for the adds!

One more remark, the (dark) blue color of the cold tire temperature on black background is sometimes a but hard to properly beeing readable.
Any chance to get this with a lighter blue with the next update?

Now I will check the playstore for the update.
Thanks again and cu
GForce

DayGlow
21-12-2015, 23:38
Is there any advantage between UDP vs shared memory?

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 04:44
In my previous post when I referred to ' an instance of pCars Dash for each tablet' & I should have said an instance of pCars Transmitter for each table, sorry for stating completely the wrong thing, the same with my mention of the IP address in the shortcut, I should have said for pCars Transmitter.

Anyway, thank you for the test exe. I tried it with UDP enabled, on UDP 5 there was noticable lag, between the PC display and the tablets and also between the tablets themselves. increasing the number worsened the effect, in fact on 9 one of the tablets stopped updating altogether. Reducing the UDP numbers improved things somewhat, the best being UDP 1 but there was still a noticeable delay in the tablets updating.

With UDP you can see 'N' appearing between gear changes (GT3 car) whereas with shared memory and the pCars transmitter the gear change goes from one number to the next instantly. This is also the case when running 2 instances of pCars Transmitter with 2 tablets, the PC display and the displays on the tablets all update simultaneously.

Selfishly, shared memory is good for me personally as I use a PC and want to assign buttons to change displays.

Ah ok, now its a bit clearer what you were asking. I suspect your lag with the UDP broadcasts is down to your router. If you have dual band router, and the devices vs PC are on different frequencies (2.4 vs 5ghz) this will cause lag. If you also have multiple wifi networks setup in your router, it could also cause lag. I would suggest trying to simplify your router setup if that is the case to see if it solves your problem. Alternatively if you have another router/ap you could try that also to see if it helps.

Ill add to the list to add a command line param for the transmitter to set IP. You can work around it for now though by just making two copies of the whole pCars Transmitter folder, as each will remember the last IP you entered as its stored in the config file locally in the folder.

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 04:45
Thats awesome, thank you very much for the adds!

One more remark, the (dark) blue color of the cold tire temperature on black background is sometimes a but hard to properly beeing readable.
Any chance to get this with a lighter blue with the next update?

Now I will check the playstore for the update.
Thanks again and cu
GForce

sure will do

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 04:49
Is there any advantage between UDP vs shared memory?

The UDP stream contains some additional data (such as tire pressures) which is not in the shared memory and it does not need additional software installed like shared memory does. UDP is a bit more processor intensive for the app, but i would say give the UDP option a try first and see if it works well on your device. If you are having problems with lag or you have a device which doesnt support the UDP stream then use Shared Memory instead. To use shared memory you need to install the pCars Transmitter app, links and setup instructions for both are on my website here (http://pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html)

GForce
22-12-2015, 07:24
sure will do

Thank you!

Cu
GForce

deedub777
22-12-2015, 09:08
So, been using the app a few days now after purchase..

On the whole pretty awesome so good job. Here's a few suggestions that you may like to consider.

I'm using the app on a 7" tablet mounted directly behind the wheel (see pic of work in progress rig).

1. Can you make the cars on the track map have more contrast - they are difficult to see (too small, make the blobs bigger?)
2. There's quite a delay (on my old nexus 7 tablet) when switching to the telemetry page. Makes you wonder if you actually pressed the screen. Can you load a blank page then show the data on top when ready?
3. Can you show the wheelspin/lockup on the second page too?

Fanapryde
22-12-2015, 09:23
1. Can you make the cars on the track map have more contrast - they are difficult to see (too small, make the blobs bigger?)

+1
Especially on the longer tracks, I can barely see the car dots.

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 09:58
So, been using the app a few days now after purchase..

On the whole pretty awesome so good job. Here's a few suggestions that you may like to consider.

I'm using the app on a 7" tablet mounted directly behind the wheel (see pic of work in progress rig).

2. There's quite a delay (on my old nexus 7 tablet) when switching to the telemetry page. Makes you wonder if you actually pressed the screen. Can you load a blank page then show the data on top when ready?

1. yep will see what i can do. I am intending to make big improvements to that page in the future so you can be zoomed it and more clearly see stuff
2. when you say "telemetry page" do you mean the one with the graphs on it (5th path)? Ill look into why its loading slowly and see if i can resolve it
3. yep should be able to do that easily enough

Alan Smith
22-12-2015, 10:15
Ah ok, now its a bit clearer what you were asking. I suspect your lag with the UDP broadcasts is down to your router. If you have dual band router, and the devices vs PC are on different frequencies (2.4 vs 5ghz) this will cause lag. If you also have multiple wifi networks setup in your router, it could also cause lag. I would suggest trying to simplify your router setup if that is the case to see if it solves your problem. Alternatively if you have another router/ap you could try that also to see if it helps.

Ill add to the list to add a command line param for the transmitter to set IP. You can work around it for now though by just making two copies of the whole pCars Transmitter folder, as each will remember the last IP you entered as its stored in the config file locally in the folder.

Thanks for the suggestion to use 2 folders for the transmitter to accommodate the IP addresses for both devices, that certainly sorts me out for the moment. Obviously using the command line option is a more 'correct' way of achieving it and thank you for planning to do that.

Sorry for confusion on my earlier post. (I'm one of those people who have a tendency to say 'left' when I mean 'right', if you know what I mean). As regards the network, I only have one wireless network set up and the PC is connected via Ethernet. My router is a bit old, it's a British Telecom Home Hub and not very configurable so I've tended to leave it alone on the supplied settings, so that could be a cause of the lag, also obviously the Samsung Tab 2 is somewhat on the old side too.

Thanks again for your help and for the brilliant app and you continuing development.

deedub777
22-12-2015, 11:21
2. when you say "telemetry page" do you mean the one with the graphs on it (5th path)? Ill look into why its loading slowly and see if i can resolve it

Yes, that's the one.

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 14:57
Hi All,

I have an email from one of the pCars Dash users today who had been having lag issues with his iPhone6, his problem turned out to be his router. This is what he said

"Been messing about with the router and its settings tonight. I know the Xbox one normally runs on 2.4ghz (automatically) but I have deleted all devices from 5ghz, renamed it so it runs as a different wirless connection and connected the Xbox, and iPhone and IPad all on the new network. There are only these three devices running.

Bothe devices now work seamlessly on UDP 3.

I know it's fixed for now (hopefully for good) but though i would tell you the work around I have done if anybody else has the same problem!"

So it sounds like he might have had some devices connecting by 5Ghz, while some were connected on 2.4Ghz. I would imagine the packet routing between the wifi two networks probbaly resulted in the lag. Moving them to a single network fixed his issue. The same may occur if you have multiple networks (SSIDs) setup even on the same frequency, or if you have range extenders or multiple APs doing seamless roaming.

Fanapryde
22-12-2015, 15:07
Here is mine at work:

fishfash
22-12-2015, 22:31
Purchased the app a few days ago. I have a Galaxy S3 with the Xbox one hard wired into my router, pCars Dash works great, with the exception of a small issue I have noticed with the rev lights.

Cars like the Renault Sport R.S that have the digital type rev counter display the rev lights on the S3 perfectly. However older cars like the Zakspeed or the Ford RS500 that have the older type rev counters, the rev lights appear to lag on my S3, the gear changes and speed all look correct.

Are there any settings in the app that can be changed to help with this issue?

Many Thanks.

ian2726
23-12-2015, 03:15
Posted this elsewhere.

Dash app is good. Couple of things I would like to see added is being able to see when you use kers and how much is left and when you use Drs. Also it doesn't tell you what tires you're on. I now NEARLY don't need to ever use the game hud again.
Also a few tracks missing.
Hopefully this will all come along in time.
Thanks for a great app REALLY enjoying it.

cjorgens79
23-12-2015, 12:10
Purchased the app a few days ago. I have a Galaxy S3 with the Xbox one hard wired into my router, pCars Dash works great, with the exception of a small issue I have noticed with the rev lights.

Cars like the Renault Sport R.S that have the digital type rev counter display the rev lights on the S3 perfectly. However older cars like the Zakspeed or the Ford RS500 that have the older type rev counters, the rev lights appear to lag on my S3, the gear changes and speed all look correct.

Are there any settings in the app that can be changed to help with this issue?

Many Thanks.

The rev light positions are guestimated by the app as the API does not provide them unfortunately. I was able to create a formula that worked pretty well for most cars, but there are some in game that have differences. If someone wants to go through and figure out the shift points from the game for yellow and red line then i could program that into the app, but that would be a very time consuming task for that person.

cjorgens79
23-12-2015, 12:16
Posted this elsewhere.

Dash app is good. Couple of things I would like to see added is being able to see when you use kers and how much is left and when you use Drs. Also it doesn't tell you what tires you're on. I now NEARLY don't need to ever use the game hud again.
Also a few tracks missing.
Hopefully this will all come along in time.
Thanks for a great app REALLY enjoying it.

Unfortunately the API does not provide the DRS or KERS info, it was requested but they were unable to add them for one reason or another. The same goes regarding the current tire, we pushed hard to try and get that added in, but we were told that it was not possible due to concurrency issues between the game engine threads and the api. Which tracks are missing for you and what device are you using? If your on an Apple iOS device then there are some known issues with tracks not showing which have already been fixed in the Android version. Unfortunately we have to wait a bit before an iOS update can be done as Apple have shut down their Developer Portal at the moment as they do every year. Once that opens up again for app submissions i can post a new update, but there is also an approx 2 week wait for approval for any new app update with Apple.

If your using Android (and are using the latest pCars Dash version) and you are still having issues with missing tracks, please let me know which ones are not working. Raupuna park and that new DLC test track are the only ones i know of that arent in the app yet (as i havent had time to map them out)

ian2726
23-12-2015, 16:55
Thanks for the reply.
Ruapuna and Mojave track were the ones missing. I'm on android galaxy tab 2.
Bit of a bugger about the tyres etc. Hopefully pcars 2.
Once again thank you for a great app.

getmlh
23-12-2015, 20:40
hello, I have a problem with the race under 1:30 after 2 hours of racing when I pass from one page to the other there is a moment when the application that freezes and remains blocked, I have to close and reopen it, I'm ps4 with a cable and an iPad mini wifi udp 5. thank you to you for this application because even with this little bug it is superb.

ian2726
23-12-2015, 22:04
Just noticed on Rouen I'm racing on short track and cars are showing off on the map.

cjorgens79
24-12-2015, 05:10
hello, I have a problem with the race under 1:30 after 2 hours of racing when I pass from one page to the other there is a moment when the application that freezes and remains blocked, I have to close and reopen it, I'm ps4 with a cable and an iPad mini wifi udp 5. thank you to you for this application because even with this little bug it is superb.

was that going to the graph page by any chance? i suspect this might probably be problematic after such a long single race. Ill see what i can do about it.

cjorgens79
24-12-2015, 05:10
Just noticed on Rouen I'm racing on short track and cars are showing off on the map.

ok thanks, ill check it out

getmlh
24-12-2015, 10:17
was that going to the graph page by any chance? i suspect this might probably be problematic after such a long single race. Ill see what i can do about it.

well yes it seems to me that this may be the cause.

cjorgens79
24-12-2015, 15:20
As I don't have a console or gamepad, could someone please tell me which of these buttons for XB1/PS4 are not suitable as possibly being configured to change pages in pCars Dash? Basically i want to find out if any of those buttons are already used for things that you need, so would never be usable for changing pages in pCars Dash?

XB1, PS4
--------------
L3, L3
R3, R3
LB, LB
RB, RB
A, Cross
B, Circle
X, Square
Y, Triangle

Also, Merry Xmas to all of you who celebrate it :)

ian2726
24-12-2015, 15:24
Bumpers would be a pain for wheel users as that is gear changes on sequential gear box.

cjorgens79
25-12-2015, 00:45
So would just these options be sufficient, its the JoyPad values from before minus LB and RB, + the dpad directional buttons?

XB1, PS4
--------------
JOYPAD
L3, L3
R3, R3
A, Cross
B, Circle
X, Square
Y, Triangle

DPAD
Up, Up
Down, Down
Left, Left
Right, Right

Unfortunately for wheel users, this doesn't apply. I've heard in the API thread that the wheel values don't get output in the UDP stream which means this will only work for gamepad users. Requests have been submitted to add the wheel buttons in, but not sure if/when this would happen.

ian2726
25-12-2015, 00:51
Ok well if its like crew chief then wheel users can assign the button on a pad that's on.

cjorgens79
25-12-2015, 03:06
Ok well if its like crew chief then wheel users can assign the button on a pad that's on.

yeah the same things that work with crew chief will work here. Good to hear there are some options for wheel users then.

Synner40
25-12-2015, 14:48
yeah the same things that work with crew chief will work here. Good to hear there are some options for wheel users then.

G29 users like my self have that dial we can use.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
25-12-2015, 20:24
Great app cjorgens79.
A request: is it possible to add the live gap to the car in front and the car behind on the race page?

GForce
25-12-2015, 21:49
Great app cjorgens79.
A request: is it possible to add the live gap to the car in front and the car behind on the race page?

+1 from me for this request!

Cu
GForce

GForce
25-12-2015, 21:50
G29 users like my self have that dial we can use.

The G29 dial would be ideal!

Cu
GForce!

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 02:15
Great app cjorgens79.

The lap delta's to the cars infront and behind are not in the api, however i plan to try and fudge it based on some other information that is available. The limitations of this would be that it would only update at sector boundaries (ie 3 times per lap) and it wont be millsecond accurate, but should be accurate enough to be useful.

Fanapryde
26-12-2015, 02:32
The lap delta's to the cars infront and behind are not in the api, however i plan to try and fudge it based on some other information that is available. The limitations of this would be that it would only update at sector boundaries (ie 3 times per lap) and it wont be millsecond accurate, but should be accurate enough to be useful.
That is a feature I'm really missing right now. Would be great if available !
Type of tires was not possible I believe ?

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 08:38
That is a feature I'm really missing right now. Would be great if available !
Type of tires was not possible I believe ?

correct, tyre type is not available in the api unfortunately.

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 08:40
Is there someone with a console using a gamepad and an android device that can help me test out the button mapping stuff? (i currently have no gamepad to test with, and I don't want to go and buy one as ill be getting one in a few months that comes with the consumer Oculus Rift)

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 08:48

It seems that they have changed the short track layout since i originally mapped it out back before release. I'll remap it out from scratch when i do Raupuna and Mojave

M. -VIPER- Morgan
26-12-2015, 09:21

I don't know how Sebastian Barz solved it with his HUD Dash, but it works great.

Maybe you can use sCurrentLapDistance. You have it of all participants and you can use it to calculate a delta distance in meters.
But now the tricky problem, the delta time. I think you need the current speed of the car in front and behind. With the speed and the delta gap in meters you can calculate the delta in seconds.
But the speed is only availabe for the player car in the api.
A solution could be to run a loop every 10 ms for example. In the loop save the sCurrentLapDistance. In the next run of the loop read the sCurrentLapDistance again and you know how much distance the car drives in 10 ms and you have the current speed of the car.
Now you can calculate the delta time gap with the delta distance gap and the speed.

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 09:54
I don't know how Sebastian Barz solved it with his HUD Dash, but it works great.

Maybe you can use sCurrentLapDistance. You have it of all participants and you can use it to calculate a delta distance in meters.
But now the tricky problem, the delta time. I think you need the current speed of the car in front and behind. With the speed and the delta gap in meters you can calculate the delta in seconds.
But the speed is only availabe for the player car in the api.
A solution could be to run a loop every 10 ms for example. In the loop save the sCurrentLapDistance. In the next run of the loop read the sCurrentLapDistance again and you know how much distance the car drives in 10 ms and you have the current speed of the car.
Now you can calculate the delta time gap with the delta distance gap and the speed.

That wouldn't work because you cant base it on a constant speed as there could be a corner between you and the other car for example so the speed will vary greatly. You have given me an idea though which is still based on the lap distance, I can just pick points along the lap distance to record timestamps of when participants pass them and you can then see the time elapsed between one car reaching x track distance, and the next car reaching that distance. No need to worry about car speed then.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
26-12-2015, 13:51
That wouldn't work because you cant base it on a constant speed as there could be a corner between you and the other car for example so the speed will vary greatly. You have given me an idea though which is still based on the lap distance, I can just pick points along the lap distance to record timestamps of when participants pass them and you can then see the time elapsed between one car reaching x track distance, and the next car reaching that distance. No need to worry about car speed then.

I think the way with the speed will work, because you calculate it every loop with the old CurrentLapDistance from the loop before and the new CurrentLapDistance and I don't think that the speed will change dramatically within for example 10 ms. The only problem is maybe the update interval of the api. If it is for example 100 ms (10 times per second) then the error rate increases.

I think it is a little bit try and error to find a good loop interval. Maybe it has to be synced to the update interval of the api.

cjorgens79
26-12-2015, 14:58
I think the way with the speed will work, because you calculate it every loop with the old CurrentLapDistance from the loop before and the new CurrentLapDistance and I don't think that the speed will change dramatically within for example 10 ms. The only problem is maybe the update interval of the api. If it is for example 100 ms (10 times per second) then the error rate increases.

I think it is a little bit try and error to find a good loop interval. Maybe it has to be synced to the update interval of the api.

its not the distance/speed travelled in one loop that is the issue, its the speed vs distance to the other player which is the issue. You could be 1km behind the next player, if you are at the end of a straight doing 300kph and calculate time to travel 1km, that will be vastly different from the actual time which may involve you slowing for a hairpin before you have travelled the 1km distance to where the next player was.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
26-12-2015, 19:08
its not the distance/speed travelled in one loop that is the issue, its the speed vs distance to the other player which is the issue. You could be 1km behind the next player, if you are at the end of a straight doing 300kph and calculate time to travel 1km, that will be vastly different from the actual time which may involve you slowing for a hairpin before you have travelled the 1km distance to where the next player was.

Ok, you are right. That makes no sense. Then your way is the better one. A track point every meter or so and record the time between the car ahead, your car and the car behind when passing this point.
The only problem here is that the update interval between two points is continously changing with the speed of the car. This could be a problem with the update interval of the api. The best way is to test it and you will see what will happen.

But thanks that you think about it. And I hope you find a way that works to show it in nearly realtime ;-)

GForce
26-12-2015, 19:51
Is there someone with a console using a gamepad and an android device that can help me test out the button mapping stuff? (i currently have no gamepad to test with, and I don't want to go and buy one as ill be getting one in a few months that comes with the consumer Oculus Rift)

PM me is still needed, happy to test for you ( PS4/Gamepad + G29 and Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 7")
Cu
GForce

GForce
26-12-2015, 19:52

That would be great and I'm pretty sure, accurate enought.
Cu
GForce

transfix
28-12-2015, 11:12
Unfortunately the API does not provide the DRS or KERS info, it was requested but they were unable to add them for one reason or another. The same goes regarding the current tire, we pushed hard to try and get that added in, but we were told that it was not possible due to concurrency issues between the game engine threads and the api. Which tracks are missing for you and what device are you using? If your on an Apple iOS device then there are some known issues with tracks not showing which have already been fixed in the Android version. Unfortunately we have to wait a bit before an iOS update can be done as Apple have shut down their Developer Portal at the moment as they do every year. Once that opens up again for app submissions i can post a new update, but there is also an approx 2 week wait for approval for any new app update with Apple.

If your using Android (and are using the latest pCars Dash version) and you are still having issues with missing tracks, please let me know which ones are not working. Raupuna park and that new DLC test track are the only ones i know of that arent in the app yet (as i havent had time to map them out)

I just noticed while using VRHice that it has an orange line which lets you know KERS has been activated. Is that coming through the API?

cjorgens79
28-12-2015, 12:38
I just noticed while using VRHice that it has an orange line which lets you know KERS has been activated. Is that coming through the API?

i actually have no idea. There is nothing in the api labelled as kers, maybe its the boost field but i had assumed that was the turbo boost value.

Palmer234
28-12-2015, 15:38
Confirmed working devices on PS4 & XB1:

Galaxy Tab S 10.5 & 8.4
Galaxy Tab S 2 8.0 & 9.7
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Galaxy S6
Galaxy S6 Edge & Edge+
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S4
Galaxy A3 & A5

Thanks for the App, great companion to PCARS.

fernes
28-12-2015, 16:37
Hello cjorgens79,

Thanks a lot for your app, it rocks. I gladly paid de $5 for the iOS version to support the past, but also future development of the app. Aside from GPS guiding, this is the most "expensive" app I bought but I wanted to show support, and I see that I'm not the only one. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and noticed many people had great ideas for improving it, however I couldn't seem to find what I feel I need. As many others have, I now don't use any ingame display anymore, what I need is deported on the iPad and/or iPhone.

Within the app : there's a screen with the times per lap, with many laps displayed. This screen is great when you're done racing and you want to analyse afterwards what happened, where you gained and where you lost time. However, I feel like there's room for another version of it : one dedicated to the actual lap that would be useful, and actually usable, while driving. For instance, I would really appreciate to be able to display the on-going-time of the present lap with a big font so that you can read it easily while driving, which is impossible with the existing screen displaying many laps with small fonts. Also, I don't care about having every sector listed in several columns, which costs in font size and readability. I would thus love a complete black screen, with a giant white font of the actual time running, which would be replaced when finishing a sector by the performance of that specific sector (negative values in green, positive values in red). I feel like this would be very useful when you do time attack, when you just want to have a quick look on your time to appreciate the impact of your current driving vs. the reference time. Just to make sure I expressed myself clearly, here's an example :

1 : I start driving = the lap time is set in motion and is the only value shown
2 : I finish sector 1 = the lap time disapears and is replaced by the performance delta of the current lap (+0.02sec), in green or red depending on the lap it is compared to.
3 : After a few seconds, the delta time is replaced by the on-going lap time. Process is repeated for each sector ending

I feel like this would be useful particularly in time attack mode.

Also, I say it this in a constructive way so please don't be offended : it feels like the app would benefit from a serious visual makeover. Some assets really look sort of visually outdated, others are barely understandable. Graphic look is just a detail of course, especially since since this app doesn't target casual users but quite to the opposite in fact. it sure isn't the priority I agree.

Anyways, thanks for the app. really looking forward to future improvements.

Boskapongen
28-12-2015, 19:19
Has anyone got this working on an Asus tablet? Does not work on my friends tablet. Long time to connect, then it runs but show no data at all.

Tablet is brand new bought just for pCars :) , Android 5 and model is Asus ZenPad c7.0

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 00:38
Has anyone got this working on an Asus tablet? Does not work on my friends tablet. Long time to connect, then it runs but show no data at all.

Tablet is brand new bought just for pCars :) , Android 5 and model is Asus ZenPad c7.0

It could be that the Asus tablet may not be compatible, but there have been some reported situations where the router/wifi AP is causing the problem. Do you have another wifi network you can test it with? If you have a dual band router, make sure both the tablet and your PS4 are connected to the same frequency/network (if ps4 is connected via wifi).

I would also suggest downloading the free version of CrewChief to see if that has the same problems or if it works ok.

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 00:40
Hello cjorgens79,

Thanks a lot for your app, it rocks. I gladly paid de $5 for the iOS version to support the past, but also future development of the app. Aside from GPS guiding, this is the most "expensive" app I bought but I wanted to show support, and I see that I'm not the only one. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and noticed many people had great ideas for improving it, however I couldn't seem to find what I feel I need. As many others have, I now don't use any ingame display anymore, what I need is deported on the iPad and/or iPhone.

Within the app : there's a screen with the times per lap, with many laps displayed. This screen is great when you're done racing and you want to analyse afterwards what happened, where you gained and where you lost time. However, I feel like there's room for another version of it : one dedicated to the actual lap that would be useful, and actually usable, while driving. For instance, I would really appreciate to be able to display the on-going-time of the present lap with a big font so that you can read it easily while driving, which is impossible with the existing screen displaying many laps with small fonts. Also, I don't care about having every sector listed in several columns, which costs in font size and readability. I would thus love a complete black screen, with a giant white font of the actual time running, which would be replaced when finishing a sector by the performance of that specific sector (negative values in green, positive values in red). I feel like this would be very useful when you do time attack, when you just want to have a quick look on your time to appreciate the impact of your current driving vs. the reference time. Just to make sure I expressed myself clearly, here's an example :

1 : I start driving = the lap time is set in motion and is the only value shown
2 : I finish sector 1 = the lap time disapears and is replaced by the performance delta of the current lap (+0.02sec), in green or red depending on the lap it is compared to.
3 : After a few seconds, the delta time is replaced by the on-going lap time. Process is repeated for each sector ending

I feel like this would be useful particularly in time attack mode.

Also, I say it this in a constructive way so please don't be offended : it feels like the app would benefit from a serious visual makeover. Some assets really look sort of visually outdated, others are barely understandable. Graphic look is just a detail of course, especially since since this app doesn't target casual users but quite to the opposite in fact. it sure isn't the priority I agree.

Anyways, thanks for the app. really looking forward to future improvements.

Thanks for your feedback, I will add your idea to the development list. With regards to the visual makeover suggestion, could you elaborate on which particular elements/screens you find particularly outdated?

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 04:28
i actually have no idea. There is nothing in the api labelled as kers, maybe its the boost field but i had assumed that was the turbo boost value.

I did some playing around and it turns out it is in the API, its just labelled confusingly, it is the field labelled as boost (which I thought was turbo related) so I will add in a KERS gauge to the app.

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 06:17
I have submitted a new version 2.3 to the Android store so it will be available in the next few hours. This build will also be submitted to Apple but will take a bit longer before its available

Added option to link gamepad buttons to change pages
Added Ruapuna Park track maps
Added Mojave track maps
Fixed Rouen Short track map
Made the cold temp tire/brake colours a bit brighter as they could be hard read
Map Page Improvements
- car markers are larger and brighter
- now shows session and time remaining if applicable
- added Auto Track" button which centres on the player
- added Pinch Zoom support.
- now shows track name and length
Added KERS gauge to LiteHUD
Added compatibility mode

A couple of important points about the above.
- Linking gamepad buttons to page changes - this requires a reasonable UDP setting (1-4) to work effectively. If its on a slower setting you will find the buttons would need to be held down longer to register as presses.
- For those of you with Android devices which don't support the UDP stream, I've added a new option in the settings called "Compatibility Mode". This may fix the UDP stream on some android devices, it makes my Laser tablet work flawlessly where as previously it would virtually not work at all. You should not enable this setting unless you need it as there will be a slight performance hit and increased network traffic.

For iOS user, the version 2.3 update will contain all of the above plus the other changes in the android releases for 2.2a, 2.2b and 2.2c.

Enjoy :)

GForce
29-12-2015, 06:21
I have submitted a new version 2.3 to the Android store so it will be available in the next few hours. This build will also be submitted to Apple but will take a bit longer before its available

Added option to link gamepad buttons to change pages
Added Ruapuna Park track maps
Added Mojave track maps
Fixed Rouen Short track map
Made the cold temp tire/brake colours a bit brighter as they could be hard read
Map Page Improvements
- car markers are larger and brighter
- now shows session and time remaining if applicable
- added Auto Track" button which centres on the player
- added Pinch Zoom support.
- now shows track name and length
Added KERS gauge to LiteHUD
Added compatibility mode

A couple of important points about the above.
- Linking gamepad buttons to page changes - this requires a reasonable UDP setting (1-4) to work effectively. If its on a slower setting you will find the buttons would need to be held down longer to register as presses.
- For those of you with Android devices which don't support the UDP stream, I've added a new option in the settings called "Compatibility Mode". This may fix the UDP stream on some android devices, it makes my Laser tablet work flawlessly where as previously it would virtually not work at all. You should not enable this setting unless you need it as there will be a slight performance hit and increased network traffic.

For iOS user, the version 2.3 update will contain all of the above plus the other changes in the android releases for 2.2a, 2.2b and 2.2c.

Enjoy :)

Thank you very much for your hard work on this, very nice features coming along with this Updates! Really GREAT!

Cu
GForce