PDA

View Full Version : Stocky Formula A Nightly Runs (6:00pm est - 1:00am est)

Stocky
29-06-2015, 14:16
http://www.pakcafan.org/forums/index.php?/forum/161-project-cars/
edited: added website address 8/24/15

Hey guys!

I thought this was a good place to catch up with many of you.

I was thinking, there's a lot more I'd like to do, than just the same old pick up games at night. Maybe we can get 5-10 or more, all the same skill level drivers together. Include longer races with pit stops, random weather, damage on, etc. Maybe not all at once, but in time. I'd also like to get to some of those tracks we don't do often, or haven't done yet at all. Eventually & hopefully, a full season at every track and keeping standings.

Any way, for damage on & pit stop races, you want to be able to have solid respectful drivers, and since there is no ranking system or main chat room, it's hard to set up those types of races. And I know there are plenty of good drivers around in the evenings, I already have several on my Steam friends list.

I have access to a TeamSpeak 3 account, but I forgot Steam also has a voice chat built in. TeamSpeak is great for splitting off into different channels for different races, you don't need an invite and can come and go as you please. It truly is the best way to go, but I don't mind trying out the Steam version first, and figuring out how we can make that work. If not, then TeamSpeak it is.

Let me know what you guys think.

Stocky

t-stang
29-06-2015, 16:40
Hi Stocky
I'd be interested. I've been looking for a league ever since PCARS went public, but having a hard time finding one that fits my schedule. I assume you're from the US east coast (noting your time zone). Are you strictly running Formula A? Anyway, my steam name is t_stang (note the underscore) and I'll be watching this thread with interest. Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Thanks

OBigO
29-06-2015, 18:53
Hey Stocky! Count me in!

Stocky
29-06-2015, 19:13
Yes t-stang, Eastern Daylight Time (really Eastern Savings Time), during prime time, tho not sure where everyone else is from.

I already counted you in OBigO, lol.

I'm thinking TeamSpeak may not be a bad idea. Besides not having to get invited (Steams way which isn't a big deal), TS3 has an overlay that you can put anywhere on your HUD, and see who's talking.

t-stang
29-06-2015, 19:34
I'm also from EST, there aren't many league options for PCARS in this time zone, at this time. I have no problem with TS3, not sure if Steam's chat is working correctly in PCARS. Let me know the details when you get a chance.

Stocky
29-06-2015, 20:03
Wow, I thought there would be a few leagues by now.

Look for us. I usually start the lobby under "Stocky Formula A".

I know I'll be on tonight, I'm addicted.

I can't wait to do some damage off races, and some long races with pit stops. And maybe a little rain or fog.

t-stang
30-06-2015, 00:30
Well Stocky, qualifying went ok. I was 3.5 seconds behind the leader, when I remembered DRS, then qualifying was over. I don't race the formulas much. It was all for nothing anyway, cause someone jumped the start of the race, pushed me into the car in front of me and I get a drive through penalty. Night over. I've only had a couple of good races since this game went public. It only takes one, to ruin a race and there always seems to be one. Maybe password protected lobbies, let me know. Thanks again for your efforts.

Stocky
30-06-2015, 12:57
Yeh, that's the way it goes online. Password protected is what I hope to get to eventually.

Good luck!

credence
30-06-2015, 21:50
Count me in as well! CST

Stocky
15-07-2015, 23:09
Hey guys

We have several good, clean, fast drivers that usually get together during prime time eastern standard time most nights.
You've probably joined us once or twice if you race Formula A. The race is usually named "Stocky", and we switch tracks every race.
Many of us use TeamSpeak 3, including Rip|ChiefJedi, Blind Jesus, CredenceOWreathe, OBigO, gunnyUKSarge, and myself.
If you are a clean driver, have raced with us before, are close to our skill level, and for team speak purposes able to speak English, please message me in game.
We have about 6 or so drivers so far, and would like to get a handful or so more, and start doing seasons. Or at least doing password protected games.

Stocky

ozpata
27-07-2015, 15:07
I'll be interested

Ozpata

EvilM0nk3y
29-07-2015, 16:43
All you regulars; I'm interested to know what your race setup is. AFAIK, there are very few incidents between the top drivers which means you're pretty aware of other cars.

Are you using trackir, a wider view, triple monitor, or Oculus?
What's your controller method? Anything else in your setup you find helps, button box, 2nd screen, etc?

I use trackir, i find it help a lot with keeping aware of your surroundings.
I have a T300rs which feels great.
Prob my favorite upgrade is SimVibe, I have that going in extensions and chassis mode.

Stocky
29-07-2015, 20:45
We drive very clean, and let the faster racers thru, depending on the lap. I'll call out in TS, pass me inside, if someone is faster, etc. We also call out wrecks, slow drivers, and any other useful info in TS3.
We probably have more fun instigating and heckling each other, than racing sometimes. Though the more you talk, the more concentration you lose.

I have trackir, and don't use it. Any look right or left, and I'm in the grass. I like to keep my view locked ahead. Plus tracker can get finicky at times.
Rip has 2 monitors, but none of us with the Oculus, yet, but soon :-).

We all have different wheels, but I use the G27 as do a few others.

Add me to Steam friends.

EvilM0nk3y
30-07-2015, 20:42
There is way too many Stocky's in steam. Doubt I'll find you. Mine might be easier: EV1LM0NK3Y

Stocky
20-08-2015, 13:36
We have a Season starting very soon for Formula A only, with some of the top FA drivers in Project Cars.

This is invite only, and we have 18 drivers so far, with 2-6 spots left.

I am not going to post our forums address here, but if you're interested, please send any one of us a message in game, and we'll take a look.

This is an 8:00pm EST- 11:00pm EST Season, with races on Wednesday & Saturday. Formula A only. PC only. Clean drivers only. Must be fast, let's say within 3-5 seconds of the best time trials, which happen to be held by our drivers.

We usually race every evening on TS3, and do 7 lap races at different tracks all night.
If you race Formula A in the evenings, you've seen us & raced with us before.

Look for any one of us, and let us know if you may be interested.

Stocky, credence0wreathe, rip|Cheifjedi, Blind Jesus, scottmik, static_energy, Nooonotreally24, OBigO.

Stocky
24-08-2015, 16:41
Sign ups are pretty much closed (at 22 drivers now), but I am still waiting on a few replies to invites. We will have 25 max.

I've never done a League before, and threw this together in a month.
I think we have an interesting concept for a season, and I tried to think outside the box without any influence from looking at how any other leagues were put together.

I'm posting the site address here for our league, but as I said, sign ups are pretty much closed for now, but who knows what can happen.

Stocky
06-09-2015, 16:40
Formula A Elite PC Players Only

We had a very successful Season Opening week.
Thank you to all involved.
24 Drivers!

The drivers sign up list is now closed, but I may be looking for 1 or 2 more drivers, as alternates. Maybe!

This should be my last post here for a while.

Feel free to follow the season if you'd like.

Stocky
16-09-2015, 02:49
Some close qualify times at Monza Race #1, 10 drivers around 2 seconds apart.

Some close qualify times also at Monoco Race #2, 10 drivers about a second and a half apart.

Stocky
23-09-2015, 15:12
So far, so good. Race #4 (#7 overall) starts tonight.

I have some players that have been doing Leagues now for years, and tell me this is the best and most organized F1 League they've been in so far.
Thank you all!

We also have several players that twitch every race, and there are several followers.
Feel free to watch, tho I can't tell you where since I'm not familiar with twitch.

Stocky
23-09-2015, 15:16
Tight qualifying at Bathurst race #3 Saturday, and a record breaking pole! Static has since broken that record with a 1:34:8 (video posted on our forums)

JleeLink
26-09-2015, 09:42
Looks pretty good. Would be interested to join for season 2

Stocky
27-09-2015, 14:40
Thanks Jlee, will keep you in mind. It's a long season.

Here's a shot of last nights race #4 Qualify at Brands Hatch.
The top 5 quals would all be world records, or at least top 2 or 3. Travok as well, but he is on Wednesdays results, not this one.
101's are incredible, let alone 5 of them within a half second apart in Qualify.