PDA

View Full Version : Please cleanup the tracks! (Marbles)

GuitarInferno
29-06-2015, 17:35
Or atleast make an option for it. Im getting pretty annoyed by having a sudden grip loss coming out of a corner and totally flipping out and goes off the track. Im having an difficult time having such self-esteem when this kind of crap happens. Tracks should always be clean in the beginning of a race. Or practice for that matter.

Redslayer
29-06-2015, 18:05
I'd just be happy if they fixed the over reactions cars have to going off the track at all. Esp at Laguna Seca >.>

TrevorAustin
29-06-2015, 18:07
That honestly sounds like bad driving.

Rambo_Commando
29-06-2015, 18:07
What are you talking about? Track debris?

GuitarInferno
29-06-2015, 18:22
Perhaps. When you look at the replays you can see small amount of rocks lying on the tracks.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2015, 18:31
Hmmm never had that problem in 3 1/2 years.

TXcountry
29-06-2015, 20:08
The track isn't dirty. It's your dirty skills.

Sik180sx
29-06-2015, 20:14
They are called "marbles" or little balls of rubber that are a by product of degrading tyres.

awaite85
29-06-2015, 20:52
Sounds like bad driving. THIS doesn't happen to me or a lot of other people in the community.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:09

lordymatsuo
29-06-2015, 21:19

LOL at this gif :)

As for the OP's post do you use any assists? What tracks / corners do you find this happens on?

Give a bit more info, maybe it can iron out if it is a game issue or just your driving, no offense intended but hard to tell which it is from the info given.

thegt500
29-06-2015, 22:03
I don't have this problem. Sometimes I have to drive off the racing line because a kamikaze torpedo merchant is aiming for my ass, and take to the 'dirty' side of the track.
I see what the OP is referring to, it's the marbles of rubber thrown from the degrading tyres. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can get showered in the stuff if you follow someone who is either trying too hard in a corner and their tyres are shredding, or they've gone too wide and they throw up the marbles.
I can't say for certain if the car I'm driving suddenly loses grip to the extent the OP is experiencing when running onto them as I will naturally compensate for the different line through a corner by either left foot braking, throttle control or steering or all of the above.
Now don't take offence, but it does seem like you may be trying too hard and need to back off the gas a little until you get a feel for when the car is going out of line, and more importantly, how to correct it when it starts going pear shaped. Tyre temperature plays a huge part in handling so if the temps are too cold or too hot, cornering ability can be drastically reduced. Remember, the physics in pCARS is a whole different ball game to the vast majority of racing games on console. I was used to how cars felt in GT6, having played it and the earlier iterations for several years on the PS3. The shock to the system of braking for the first chicane on Monza with cold tyres in pCARS was rather profound after years of being used to the 'super-grippy-from-the-moment-you-move' of GT !

JoeDogs
30-06-2015, 06:49
HAHA, Nice one. Made mine day :cool:

HeeseyChelmet
30-06-2015, 07:07
Or atleast make an option for it. Im getting pretty annoyed by having a sudden grip loss coming out of a corner and totally flipping out and goes off the track. Im having an difficult time having such self-esteem when this kind of crap happens. Tracks should always be clean in the beginning of a race. Or practice for that matter.

Wut?

thegt500
30-06-2015, 08:10
Alternatively, perhaps the devs could release one of these as DLC ?

Neil Bateman
30-06-2015, 08:25

Maybe if you actualy asked a question and made some possible suggestions to an issue you were having instead of posting a demanding rant the devs may have been inclined to read it, as it is it wont even get a mild glance.

chig88
30-06-2015, 13:04

Luke Townsend
30-06-2015, 13:20

Please show us a replay. No one else is experiencing this (or if they are then please will they show a replay too.) No point discussing something like this without seeing it. It's 2015 - if it's not on video then it didn't happen! ;)

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 13:54

I'll race that bad boy forever auahuhua

Synner40
30-06-2015, 15:18
Please show us a replay. No one else is experiencing this (or if they are then please will they show a replay too.) No point discussing something like this without seeing it. It's 2015 - if it's not on video then it didn't happen! ;) was doing a race the other night to prep for a GT3 race I was in. it was at monza,I lost control on the straight before the third chicaine,hit the wall,all 4 tires went cold,and my fuel reset. then suddenly I got sideways and voilently rolled it over,losing almost every body Panal,and both right side wheels. will try to upload a video of it shortly

I should point out that it drove fine after words. it just had one hell of a pull.

Luke Townsend
30-06-2015, 15:50
was doing a race the other night to prep for a GT3 race I was in. it was at monza,I lost control on the straight before the third chicaine,hit the wall,all 4 tires went cold,and my fuel reset. then suddenly I got sideways and voilently rolled it over,losing almost every body Panal,and both right side wheels. will try to upload a video of it shortly

I should point out that it drove fine after words. it just had one hell of a pull.

Cool, a video could be helpful to the devs to sort that because it sounds like a bug, especially with the fuel reset and tyres going cold, rather than the track being dirty/slippy.

Grijo
30-06-2015, 16:45
I think that guy raced with me yesterday in Monza!!!!

Synner40
30-06-2015, 20:36
Cool, a video could be helpful to the devs to sort that because it sounds like a bug, especially with the fuel reset and tyres going cold, rather than the track being dirty/slippy.
sadly I never saved the i game version. so all footage here is from the replay. I forgot to mention it kicked the car back in to neutral.
http://youtu.be/0VB7L5H-3AM

chig88
30-06-2015, 22:05
sadly I never saved the i game version. so all footage here is from the replay. I forgot to mention it kicked the car back in to neutral.

Don't think there's anything wrong with the roll, but the fuel resetting does sound odd.

The main problem though is the massive bellend who's waiting to pull in front of you at the chicane. I hoped morons like this would've moved on to something else by now.

lordymatsuo
01-07-2015, 12:18

It might be slow but in a beast like that any car in my path will be recked in no time :) DLC please NOW! :p

Synner40
01-07-2015, 14:14
Don't think there's anything wrong with the roll, but the fuel resetting does sound odd.

The main problem though is the massive bellend who's waiting to pull in front of you at the chicane. I hoped morons like this would've moved on to something else by now.

he was a friend. he was having difficulty hitting that chicane with 0 downforce. he waited up for me to see the damage.

Luke Townsend
02-07-2015, 07:31
http://youtu.be/0VB7L5H-3AM

Cheers for posting that. It's very possible the very first impact damaged your front right suspension corner, and that could have led to the loss of control on the straight. Is that when the tyres felt cold? Replay can't show tyre temps unfortunately, but losing a suspension corner will make the car drive badly, could even feel like cold tyres.

After the second impact, TBH that the car is a write-off and the game should not let you drive it - engine, transmission or suspension (or probably all 3) would have been majorly broken (I'm assuming damage is on, not just visual damage). At the very least you lost both right tyres in the second impact so in reality you would be lucky to get round the bends at 50 kph - you have half the tyre contact that you should have and even those 2 remaining suspension corners may be trashed. The graphics show car floating on the right side but IRL it would be dragging along the ground of course. This is an extreme situation (your race is over when things go that bad). And I'd say the game should simply not allow players to drive if they have 2 wheels or less as the physics isn't implemented for that (and no need for them to spend the massive time modeling it either when they have other work.)

Fuel reset, well if you mean fuel changed back to its initial setting after the second impact then that's a bug.

Not sure any of this relates to the OP's claim that tracks are dirty.

thegt500
02-07-2015, 08:18
Replay can't show tyre temps unfortunately, but losing a suspension corner will make the car drive badly, could even feel like cold tyres.

I've experienced a sudden loss of tyre temperature with the graphic for them going instantly blue, and staying cold after hitting a barrier on Silverstone even with physical damage OFF.
I've also been rammed heavily (online, no surprise) with full damage ON and again, my tyres cooled instantly along with the the associated damage caused by the torpedoing numpty !!
Furthermore, hitting a landmine on any track, in any car, causes cold tyres. I'm hoping that patch 2.0 can address these issues ?
Anyways, back OT, I think the initial crash did cause suspension damage resulting in the roll, but from my experience, the tyres usually go cold too.

Luke Townsend
02-07-2015, 08:27
I've experienced a sudden loss of tyre temperature with the graphic for them going instantly blue, and staying cold after hitting a barrier on Silverstone even with physical damage OFF.
I've also been rammed heavily (online, no surprise) with full damage ON and again, my tyres cooled instantly along with the the associated damage caused by the torpedoing numpty !!
Furthermore, hitting a landmine on any track, in any car, causes cold tyres. I'm hoping that patch 2.0 can address these issues ?
Anyways, back OT, I think the initial crash did cause suspension damage resulting in the roll, but from my experience, the tyres usually go cold too.

Very interesting! Hopefully that info helps the devs investigate and fix whatever is causing the cold tyres. With damage on, then it could be a loss of a wheel after an impact (indicated by blue on the tyre temp display I assume). But you explicitly had it with damage off - Just maybe the bug is that wheels can be broken even with damage off.

GuitarInferno
05-07-2015, 10:28
Im late for a reply and i am surprised this became a big subject for some. And it seems like the rocks on the track doesn't affect the grip at all. And it was all about the temperature on the wheels. So all i can say now to the developers is that it was pretty unnecessary to put these rocks on the road if it doesn't affect anything.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 12:00
Im late for a reply and i am surprised this became a big subject for some. And it seems like the rocks on the track doesn't affect the grip at all. And it was all about the temperature on the wheels. So all i can say now to the developers is that it was pretty unnecessary to put these rocks on the road if it doesn't affect anything.

What rocks? Those are rubber marbles

GuitarInferno
05-07-2015, 13:48
Okay so why are they there in the very beginning of a session when it suppose to be clean? I know it's not big of a deal but if this game is suppose to be realistic. They should've thought about how clean the tracks should be before any driver leaves the pit.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 13:57
Okay so why are they there in the very beginning of a session when it suppose to be clean? I know it's not big of a deal but if this game is suppose to be realistic. They should've thought about how clean the tracks should be before any driver leaves the pit.

Now you are being unrealistic, why remove rubber?

Goresh
05-07-2015, 14:02
Is this a new rule? A track must be cleaned prior to a race? Never saw this at any races at Mosport, only cleaning was done after a crash.

Synner40
05-07-2015, 14:06
Cheers for posting that. It's very possible the very first impact damaged your front right suspension corner, and that could have led to the loss of control on the straight. Is that when the tyres felt cold? Replay can't show tyre temps unfortunately, but losing a suspension corner will make the car drive badly, could even feel like cold tyres.

After the second impact, TBH that the car is a write-off and the game should not let you drive it - engine, transmission or suspension (or probably all 3) would have been majorly broken (I'm assuming damage is on, not just visual damage). At the very least you lost both right tyres in the second impact so in reality you would be lucky to get round the bends at 50 kph - you have half the tyre contact that you should have and even those 2 remaining suspension corners may be trashed. The graphics show car floating on the right side but IRL it would be dragging along the ground of course. This is an extreme situation (your race is over when things go that bad). And I'd say the game should simply not allow players to drive if they have 2 wheels or less as the physics isn't implemented for that (and no need for them to spend the massive time modeling it either when they have other work.)

Fuel reset, well if you mean fuel changed back to its initial setting after the second impact then that's a bug.

Not sure any of this relates to the OP's claim that tracks are dirty.
the Tires didn't feel cold. they went cold. on the tack display they went form green to blue. (I've had this happen a couple times sense) instead of heating up,they where cooling off as I drove. next time it happens I'll save the gameplay video) and the fuel reset when I hit the wall. the series of events was basicly "oh crap *car gets lose hits wall,goes in to neutral,fuel reset to 72,and all 4 tires turned blue* ok that's weird" before the roll over I was fighting a massive pull.

now the few times this has happened sense I was able to recreate this with damage off,each time I was able to roll it. with differnt cars as well,once it was the road SLS,Group A Cosworth,and a open wheel car. all on differnt tracks. California Highway,Watkings Glen Short,and Brno respectively.

I'm more curious as to why the cars become easier to roll when this happens.

EDIT as for the tie in to the topic,thought it happened to him.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 14:09
the Tires didn't feel cold. they went cold. on the tack display they went form green to blue. (I've had this happen a couple times sense) instead of heating up,they where cooling off as I drove. next time it happens I'll save the gameplay video) and the fuel reset when I hit the wall. the series of events was basicly "oh crap *car gets lose hits wall,goes in to neutral,fuel reset to 72,and all 4 tires turned blue* ok that's weird" before the roll over I was fighting a massive pull.

now the few times this has happened sense I was able to recreate this with damage off,each time I was able to roll it. with differnt cars as well,once it was the road SLS,Group A Cosworth,and a open wheel car. all on differnt tracks. California Highway,Watkings Glen Short,and Brno respectively.

I'm more curious as to why the cars become easier to roll when this happens.

EDIT as for the tie in to the topic,thought it happened to him.

Just out of curiosity, when they turn blue, what's the temperature on telemetry? Maybe it's only the graphical representation that got bugged.

Synner40
05-07-2015, 14:13
Just out of curiosity, when they turn blue, what's the temperature on telemetry? Maybe it's only the graphical representation that got bugged.

they where (excuse me if I'm wrong I don't remember the exact numbers)130(ish) but as I drove on I watch all four drop gradually to 55/55/55

FA RACING 01
05-07-2015, 14:14

Rubber build up from practice and qualify ? That's how it happens in real racing.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 14:16
they where (excuse me if I'm wrong I don't remember the exact numbers)130(ish) but as I drove on I watch all four drop gradually to 55/55/55

Strange, very strange. I hope you find an answer because I got nothing.

Synner40
05-07-2015, 14:19
Strange, very strange. I hope you find an answer because I got nothing.

same,next time it happens I'm saving the gameplay footage.

LeMansIndy500
05-07-2015, 16:22
a kamikaze torpedo merchant is aiming for my ass

Quote of the day!