PDA

View Full Version : [TAW.net] Project CARS Division

DoctorKajita
30-06-2015, 06:14
Are you tired of the chaos of casual online racing?

Looking for clean, structured races?

Do you strive to be the best sim racer you can be?

Before I joined TAW three years ago, I was in the same situation for a different game. I was in a gaming limbo where I could only get so much out of the experience playing solo. The game required planning, teamwork and communication.

My first organized event with TAW blew away my expectations. Here I thought that being in TeamSpeak alone was going to elevate my gaming experience. What I didn’t understand was how much preparation the members put into event planning—before, during and after—where every component of the game was dissected and transformed into harmonious execution. “Wow!” I thought, “Now, this is how you game.” Being in TAW gave me the platform to elevate my skill and overall gaming enjoyment ten-fold.

TAW is built on a foundation that can be applied to all games, and Project CARS is no exception. TAW plays over 30 games of all genres, but what makes the community go is the people.

What We Offer

In TAW, we offer a fun, structured gaming environment for all members of all skill levels. We are proud to have such a diverse community from various regions of the world. All our game divisions hold regular events every week and our staff work hard to prepare exciting tournaments and competitions.

We don't take ourselves too seriously; we're here to game! Events are run professionally and with every member's enjoyment in mind. This is what we take seriously, to ensure you have fun.

We are looking for people who want to be part of a mature, structured gaming community that will not only offer clean, respectful racing, but lasting friendship and camaraderie for years to come.

Race Rules and Starting Procedures

Race rules and starting procedures are the foundation of how we conduct our races. There may be variations of these for specific seasons, but everything is based off these general guidelines and rules.

Project CARS Division Race Rules (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGixl_iza1feUxlb0UyMmdiNGc)
Project CARS Division Starting Procedures (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGixl_iza1fUGRYQ3RPUjhjM3c)
Event Structure and Times

Events will be conducted through seasons; think of each season as a typical league. The difference is that you do not need to sign up for every season. Once you're a TAW member, and you attend regularly, you will be eligible for all events / seasons going forward.

There will be three nights per week dedicated to training, practice, qualifying and racing.

Currently, the schedule is:

Wednesday (Practice) at 11 p.m. ET
Saturday (Qualifying and Race) at 11 p.m. ET

This schedule is subject to change, depending on member feedback, and is only posted as a general idea of how we would like to run events throughout the week. Ultimately, the schedule will be determined by what works for the most members. Days and times for Europe and Oceania are TBD.

Resources

Visit TAW.net or click here (https://taw.net/themes/taw/user/application.aspx) to join up.
Join our Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TAWCARS).

DoctorKajita
22-07-2015, 05:53
This is just a friendly reminder that season one starts on 8 August. See here for more info: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34997-TAW-net-Season-One-U-S-GT3-Cup-Begins-5-August-2015-Sign-up-Now!

wadafaka
22-07-2015, 13:07
I am very interested, but I do have a question regarding time(zones)

On the application form, I have to answer this question:
Can you attend (two of) that games meetings (per week)?
Well, I can't make that promise unless I know what time those meetings are, right? I have looked all over the website (which still seems to be very military oriented ;p) but I cannot find any info on it..

DoctorKajita
22-07-2015, 15:19
I am very interested, but I do have a question regarding time(zones)

EDIT: Please refer to OP.

wadafaka
22-07-2015, 16:25
Hi! Thanks for your interest. I took down the event times because they're in a bit of a flux. That being said, what we have right now is the following (subject to change, depending on member feedback):

Wednesday Practice at 11 p.m. ET
Friday Qualifying at 11 p.m. ET
Sunday Race at 2 p.m. ET

Also note that qualifying, for example, isn't pegged as a Friday thing for sure. We have the latitude to combine two events into one day or moving days around. Most of our events run at least one hour, but usually no more than two.

Wednesday is usually an impromptu event, which isn't added as a scheduled event on our website (we have a system that tracks events). Bottom line, we have a lot of flexibility with schedule. The times are what they are mostly because of me...I'm in California. Most of our members are either Central or Eastern, so there will probably be a transition to accommodate those times as we continue to grow.

Regarding the website...it's a little old school. There is a team working on updating it, though. Because there is so much proprietary functionality built into it, it isn't an easy task. Let me know if you have any further questions! Looking forward to hopefully having you!
Ahh such a shame ;) I am from Europe and those times are really inconvenient :P that would be 5am, 5am and 8pm (that last one is actually okay :)) + I can imagine it would be kinda laggy for me :(

We are proud to have such a diverse community from various regions of the world gave me a bit of hope, but I suspected it would be mostly US. Just my luck!

DoctorKajita
22-07-2015, 16:52
Ahh such a shame ;) I am from Europe and those times are really inconvenient :P that would be 5am, 5am and 8pm (that last one is actually okay :)) + I can imagine it would be kinda laggy for me :(

gave me a bit of hope, but I suspected it would be mostly US. Just my luck!

Well, we actually have a lot of people in EU in TAW. Just not in Project CARS. Do you want to be the first? :)

Like I mentioned, our NA times are not set in stone. And we may be able to combine two events into one. For example, on Sunday, perhaps we begin at 1800 GMT and end at 2000 GMT. Basically, one hour = one event, so a two-hour event will be two events.

Let me know, we'd love to develop out our EU team. I might even argue that the EU unit will surpass the NA after a while.

Gerbuho
23-07-2015, 03:32
I just joined this community and I want to say I'm gladly surprised. I was looking for a group or league to have fair races and think I found it in TAW (though this racing thing is still to begin). Must admit I was a little scheptic at first because of the name and the military appearance but I found that is a well structured gamming community with very nice people. For what I've seen these few days, I'm certain this is gonna be a good experience. Hope to see you soon on track.

Cheers!

GnostiC
25-07-2015, 20:35
Just joined this week and this community is more than it seems. In addition to Project CARS being offered, TAW offers plenty of other games so if you feel like taking a break, there are plenty of others to play with. Bunch of friendly guys here so feel free to try it out.

LiveWire
27-07-2015, 19:03
Signed up, looking forward to the season!

DoctorKajita
28-07-2015, 22:39
We have updated our event schedule. Please refer to the OP.

DoctorKajita
03-08-2015, 20:29
We have added an additional practice day / time to accommodate folks on the East coast. Please refer to OP.

This is also a reminder that our first season will begin this coming Saturday. If interested, please contact me or apply at TAW.net. We currently have a grid of 11 racers. The more the merrier!

LiveWire
09-08-2015, 04:35
Great first race of the season! Clean and good battles throughout!

DoctorKajita
12-08-2015, 19:38
Our humble team is now at 12 members with good, steady participation. We are in the middle of our first (very short) season, but we have already started planning season two, which will begin end of August or early September, and will be a much longer season. Stay tuned.

LiveWire
16-08-2015, 15:52
Another great race last night, everyone stuck around for all 40 laps. Clean racing again, glad I gave TAW a shot!

docslap
18-08-2015, 07:40
The race on Saturday night was great. Very clean, good communication, good discussion on tires and possible changes. This is what TAW is about. Talk about it, try it, talk about it again, and make a change if needed. TAW.net - Project CARS division works well together. Thanks guys.

LiveWire
22-08-2015, 20:28
Can't wait for the final round tonight! Didn't really get to practice or setup the car, but it should still be fun.

Qtip1318
23-08-2015, 05:14
Season 2 Starting soon... Starting Nov 19th

DoctorKajita
23-08-2015, 06:23
Season 2 Starting soon... Starting Nov 19th

Small correction, it's September 19th, not November. :)

GnostiC
26-08-2015, 17:48
Small correction, it's September 19th, not November. :)

Just to be clear, we still have events going on every week. Up until the start of season 2 we will be flexible as to which cars and tracks we will race, but there will still be plenty of racing action for everybody.

bostoneric
26-08-2015, 22:46
DoctorKajita. sent you an email.

bostoneric
27-08-2015, 18:58
any more info on season 2 yet?

LiveWire
28-08-2015, 01:21
We are finalizing everything over the next couple of days. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest!

Veevee
31-08-2015, 04:35
There has been nothing but great racing so far with an excellent variety of driver skill levels.

Really glad I've been able to be part of this so far.

bostoneric
02-09-2015, 18:21
practice tonight? any more info on season 2 yet? hopeing to start getting my setups and practice sorted for coming races!

LiveWire
02-09-2015, 18:34
Season 2 announcement coming tonight. The public server will be up tonight, not sure if anyone is committed to being on though.

bostoneric
02-09-2015, 18:50
Season 2 announcement coming tonight. The public server will be up tonight, not sure if anyone is committed to being on though.

I would like to find time tonight to get on. see how it all works.
(after one of my fantasy football drafts)

LiveWire
03-09-2015, 05:10
Season 2 thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38521-TAW-net-Season-Two) is up!

F1_Racer68
06-09-2015, 20:30
To all TAW.net members,

From all of us at CanAm VRL, I would like to express our thanks to all of you that participated (or attempted to participate) last night in our Inter-League Exhibition race. Last night's race was by far the largest and most importantly CLEANEST multiplayer race we have participated in so far in Project CARS.

All drivers showed great respect for each other on track, and the competition was very good.

We learned some key lessons about server setup (and more importantly, potential issues) that will help us when our first season in Project CARS finally gets underway in November.

We look forward to a future rematch. It was great fun for all of us.

Thanks again, and see you on track!!

DoctorKajita
07-09-2015, 16:57
To all TAW.net members,

From all of us at CanAm VRL, I would like to express our thanks to all of you that participated (or attempted to participate) last night in our Inter-League Exhibition race. Last night's race was by far the largest and most importantly CLEANEST multiplayer race we have participated in so far in Project CARS.

All drivers showed great respect for each other on track, and the competition was very good.

We learned some key lessons about server setup (and more importantly, potential issues) that will help us when our first season in Project CARS finally gets underway in November.

We look forward to a future rematch. It was great fun for all of us.

Thanks again, and see you on track!!

Thank you so much for your time, patience and kind words. We look forward to many more future races and we wish you luck on developing your CARS team. If you ever need anything, let us know.

bostoneric
11-09-2015, 18:28
can you please post the weekly schedule along with the current practice schedule. practice times/days seems to be changing a lot.

Qtip1318
13-09-2015, 03:43
Hi every one season 2 is starting next week join the fun

LiveWire
13-09-2015, 18:18
Here is a link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38521-TAW-net-Season-Two) to season 2 info.

Veevee
14-09-2015, 23:32
can you please post the weekly schedule along with the current practice schedule. practice times/days seems to be changing a lot.

Here is a link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38521-TAW-net-Season-Two) to season 2 info.

The gist: Every Saturday at 11pm EST is the actual race. Every Monday at 11pm EST is the scheduled practice, but members are online every night to practice.

The weekly race schedule is:

Part 1- LMP1
Race 1- September 19- Silverstone GP
Race 2- September 26- Monza GP
Race 3- October 3- Spa
Race 4- October 10- Catalunya GP
Race 5- October 17- Nurburgring GP
Race 6- October 24- Le Mans

Break- October 31

Part 2- Formula C
Race 7- November 7- Donington Park GP
Race 8- November 14- Hockenheim GP
Race 9- November 21- Dubai Autodrome GP
Race 10- November 28- Imola
Race 11- December 5- Brands Hatch GP
Race 12- December 12- Oschersleben GP

Aldodrem
19-09-2015, 17:14
TAW is rolling out an EU side in Projects CARS

EU Race Time is 1800 GMT Friday nights

Join us next week for some Formula C action!

LiveWire
21-09-2015, 19:06
FYI, the last 4 races have been pushed back a week for Thanksgiving. Schedule updated in OP.