PDA

View Full Version : Graphics issue - struggling to find anyone else with this issue

CLA
30-06-2015, 08:48
Hi All,

Apologies, I've been away for a couple weeks, just installed the latest update and I've got a crazy amount of popping and glitching on PS4. I can see a few people have posted comments around stuttering but not sure if this is what i'm experiencing. Cant find anything through search.

Mainly seeing trees popping in and out like crazy and tearing.

I've not switched on PS4/PCARS for 2 and half weeks so i'm assuming it's related to a patch. I've tried a fresh install and it's not resolved it.

heres a couple vids, chase cam shows it best

https://youtu.be/cBTk-rnZ-fc
https://youtu.be/cOoUZwVmhEA

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards.

Umer Ahmad
30-06-2015, 09:12
Yeah thats not right at all.

Lets assume your PS4 is in general "good health" (no dust and plenty of ventilation), have you tried the "rebuild database" mechansim? It's not something i recommend lightly but has seemed to help others with performance issues.

CLA
30-06-2015, 10:26
Thanks for your feedback.

PS4 seems fine, all other games working fine. The rebuild database option, is that a pcars option or a PS option? I don't want to risk my PS4 for the sake of one poorly built game?

HeeseyChelmet
30-06-2015, 12:58
Thanks for your feedback.

PS4 seems fine, all other games working fine. The rebuild database option, is that a pcars option or a PS option? I don't want to risk my PS4 for the sake of one poorly built game?

its a ps4 option. i done it on mine just 'for the craic' didnt take long and didnt break my ps4

CLA
30-06-2015, 14:24
Thanks, so i went ahead and did that. No change whatsoever.

Im not even sure what my next move is here. Tried a re-install, removed app data, rebuilt DB.

Pretty shocking how this can happen, i'm wondering if installing a physical copy of the game could help. Is there anyone at SMS monitoring these issues who can help me? I'm not one for moaning usually but this is actually unplayable.

https://youtu.be/cBTk-rnZ-fc

CLA
02-07-2015, 10:20
Bump

Anyone know who I can contact about getting a refund? I though the PS4 system update might fix but no luck. I think i'm done with trying anything else.

Do I contact PSN?

Thanks.

Elmo
04-07-2015, 21:34
I passed this info onto the devs. They will have a look at it. Hang in there, if you like the game there is no reason to refund.

CLA
05-07-2015, 13:17
Thanks I appreciate it. Absolutely love the game btw :)

But this feels like a pretty unique issue with my digital copy so if it can't be fixed i'd want to know what my options are. I'm happy to wait for the next patch but beyond that, i'd want my money back so i could give a hard copy a try.

Thanks again.

VBR
05-07-2015, 15:13
Maybe the kind folk at SMS could send you a hard copy so you can further trouble shoot this issue.

:)

Ian Bell
05-07-2015, 15:16
Thanks I appreciate it. Absolutely love the game btw :)

But this feels like a pretty unique issue with my digital copy so if it can't be fixed i'd want to know what my options are. I'm happy to wait for the next patch but beyond that, i'd want my money back so i could give a hard copy a try.

Thanks again.

That is indeed an odd one. I've never seen that before on PS4.

PM me your address and I'll send you a boxed copy for free.

notanuva
05-07-2015, 15:55

That there just goes to show what a great bloke you are very nice to see.

Pirategenius
05-07-2015, 16:31
Have you tried to rebuild the database? Look here it may sort out the issue for you.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31411-Rebuild-database-improved-my-post-patch-performance

CLA
05-07-2015, 17:07
Thanks all for your input.

Ian, will do. Much appreciated! will keep you all updated on whether it rectifies it or not.

CLA
05-07-2015, 17:09
Have you tried to rebuild the database? Look here it may sort out the issue for you.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31411-Rebuild-database-improved-my-post-patch-performance

Yep, already tried this and every other possible fix :|

Pirategenius
05-07-2015, 17:14
the only other suggestion is to totally remove PC from the HDD and from the cloud and start again.

Other than that I can't help you. Sorry mate

CLA
05-07-2015, 17:29
the only other suggestion is to totally remove PC from the HDD and from the cloud and start again.

Other than that I can't help you. Sorry mate

Thanks, tried that too :)

Ian has kindly offered to send me a boxed copy, i'm hoping that solves it as i think my digital version is corrupted permanently.

Right, hopefully I can start posting in some more positive threads because I can't get enough of this game!

Cheers.

ian2726
05-07-2015, 17:38

Truly an evil man. I knew the haters were right about you.:mad-new:

Pirategenius
05-07-2015, 17:39
Hope the boxed version sorts the problem out

CLA
13-07-2015, 14:32
Hi Ian,

Just a heads up, i've sent you a couple DM's now but not sure if they're reaching you or not. Let me know if you don't get them. Dying to play some pCARS soon!

Cheers

CLA
22-07-2015, 10:00
Hi Ian,

Just a heads up, i've sent you a couple DM's now but not sure if they're reaching you or not. Let me know if you don't get them. Dying to play some pCARS soon!

Cheers

hmm... sorry to chase on this but's it's been 3 weeks. Can I have an update please? I appreciate you guys are busy and things get dropped but this isn't a small, well documented bug, it's unplayable as you can see from the vids. The boxed install may not even rectify so i'd like to try it at some point before contacting SMS/PSN for my refund.

Don't think i've being unreasonable or pushy so apologies if it comes across that way. To put it plainly, I've spent money on a product which fundamentally isn't working as intended so would simply like to know where I stand on fixing it. I would very much appreciate an update.

Still love the game, just not as fun watching others play it.

Kind Regards.

wyldanimal
22-07-2015, 18:23
hmm... sorry to chase on this but's it's been 3 weeks. Can I have an update please? I appreciate you guys are busy and things get dropped but this isn't a small, well documented bug, it's unplayable as you can see from the vids. The boxed install may not even rectify so i'd like to try it at some point before contacting SMS/PSN for my refund.

Don't think i've being unreasonable or pushy so apologies if it comes across that way. To put it plainly, I've spent money on a product which fundamentally isn't working as intended so would simply like to know where I stand on fixing it. I would very much appreciate an update.

Still love the game, just not as fun watching others play it.

Kind Regards.

I would suggest to try this..
visit this section: SMS posts..
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/search.php?do=process&searchuser=SMS&showposts=1&searchdate=365&beforeafter=after%20&contenttype=vBForum_Post

select one of the other DEV's whom PM box might not be filled up from members Flooding their PM box.

it could be that Ian gets so many PM's he hasn't seen it...

So one of the other DEv's might see it and can directly get it to Ian..
It wouldn't be spamming Since Ian did ask you for it..

rocafella1978
22-07-2015, 18:52
Hi Ian,

Cheers
just small heads up, usually from my experience, people like Ian will have their PM's or messaging system turned off (just maybe...) IMO

CLA
27-07-2015, 09:12
OK so i've messaged a bunch of the Dev's. Let's hope someone gets back to me. This has been going on for too long now.

Sankyo
27-07-2015, 09:40
I'll try and nudge Ian.

CLA
27-07-2015, 09:56
Success! Robert Dibley has responded :angel:

Boxed copy being sorted.

To be clear, overall i've been really impressed with SMS' help and I know that the delay in response was purely down to how busy the team are/full inboxes. Just frustrating having the issue unresolved but i'm hoping that very soon, i'll be picking my GT3 career back up :D

Good work SMS. Thanks to Ian & Robert and the rest of the forums for your help :applause:

Ian Bell
27-07-2015, 12:09
Yes sorry CLA. I disabled my PM's due to excessive throughput and forgot to check it again.

Tim Mann
27-07-2015, 14:24
Hi there,

Well I've spent the whole morning looking into this. It is somewhat intriguing. The only thing that is common in the videos is the missing items are 'instances'. Why they are missing is somewhat more puzzling. Quite a few things changed on that update, one was a major version upgrade of the SDK. One thing which was added was to do with how caching of index buffers works, normally it bypasses the cache as index buffers are rarely accessed multiple times in a row, but in the case of instances it can be set to cache it, as it will be read multiple times. So just for you, I've changed the way that works to see if it fixes it for you. That'll be included in the next patch.

Tim
(PS4 Lead)

CLA
27-07-2015, 15:27
Thanks very much Tim, i look forward to the patch and will let you know if i'm able to resolve in the meantime.

sirsilver1968
27-07-2015, 18:38
You guys are truly legends for your afterMarket support and continuous game updates and for that I will always support SMS

Pyromaniak666
28-07-2015, 11:39
Hi there,

Well I've spent the whole morning looking into this. It is somewhat intriguing. The only thing that is common in the videos is the missing items are 'instances'. Why they are missing is somewhat more puzzling. Quite a few things changed on that update, one was a major version upgrade of the SDK. One thing which was added was to do with how caching of index buffers works, normally it bypasses the cache as index buffers are rarely accessed multiple times in a row, but in the case of instances it can be set to cache it, as it will be read multiple times. So just for you, I've changed the way that works to see if it fixes it for you. That'll be included in the next patch.

Tim
(PS4 Lead)

Could this mean we will see smoke on the rear view mirrors again on PS4?
Miss that trail of smoke in some instances,

CLA
29-07-2015, 22:33
Hi,

So my boxed copy arrived today... Issue remains unfortunately.

Only difference I would say is that there are more visible tress on Laguna for instance than there was on my last vid (PSN is down so I cant share any clips currently) but the issue is still as bad as ever :(

I guess if the next patch doesn't solve it, i'm calling it a day on this game. Is there a release date for the next patch?

Thanks all.

Tim Mann
18-08-2015, 15:34
Hi,

Just wondered if you get the same problem with the latest patch?

Cheers,
Tim

rw02kr43
18-08-2015, 18:26
I have a problem with other cars flashing black. They lose everything except the front of the car and it just flashes black