PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Is "real weather" missing on PS4?

GRFOCO
30-06-2015, 09:18
Hi @ all.
I know that PC version has an option named "real weather" on the practice's and race's menu.
Why it there isn't on ps4?

Now we can set 1-->4 slot weather, random or preset weather, but not "real weather".

Is it a bug, o we will never have this option on ps4?

danowat
30-06-2015, 09:20
I believe it's missing on both consoles, due to both MS and Sony not liking developers linking to external sites, or so I remember reading elsewhere.

GRFOCO
30-06-2015, 09:31
I believe it's missing on both consoles, due to both MS and Sony not liking developers linking to external sites, or so I remember reading elsewhere.

But, for what i know, that feature isn't a link to external sites.
The game only apply a weather based on the location and data of the track, with a ??% of rain, a ??%of clear, a ??% of etc...
So if i set Monza on 1 january o can have many chance of rain, but can also have a cover race or a foggy race, or with a little chance of clear.
And so on with all the tracks.

For what i know, on the pc this feature work in this way.

So why there isn't on console?

Bealdor
30-06-2015, 09:34
But, for what i know, that feature isn't a link to external sites.
The game only apply a weather based on the location and data of the track, with a ??% of rain, a ??%of clear, a ??% of etc...
So if i set Monza on 1 january o can have many chance of rain, but can also have a cover race or a foggy race, or with a little chance of clear.
And so on with all the tracks.

For what i know, on the pc this feature work in this way.

So why there isn't on console?

No, it is indeed a link to an external site (openweathermap.org (http://openweathermap.org/))

It's explained here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29801-Real-Weather-from-online-current

That's why it's highly unlikely that this feature will come to consoles.

lordymatsuo
30-06-2015, 17:12
No, it is indeed a link to an external site (openweathermap.org (http://openweathermap.org/))

It's explained here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29801-Real-Weather-from-online-current

That's why it's highly unlikely that this feature will come to consoles.

That's such a shame, not sure that was clearly advertised as a PC Exclusive feature but good to hear it's confirmed not coming rather than waiting and hoping :)

flymar
30-06-2015, 17:32
That's such a shame, not sure that was clearly advertised as a PC Exclusive feature but good to hear it's confirmed not coming rather than waiting and hoping :)While real weather is cool I find myself driving 4 slots with "Sync to race option" much more often.
Real weather is static through 3 hours. I don't think I'll drive that much without save:)

Bealdor
30-06-2015, 17:34
Real weather is static through 3 hours. I don't think I'll drive that much without save:)

Not really. It takes forecasts into account. But since RL weather changes that are synched to your race are very rare it's static most of the time.

pa_pinkelman
30-06-2015, 18:16
While real weather is cool I find myself driving 4 slots with "Sync to race option" much more often.

Yeah, i m sure sync to race would be nice. A shame half of the time it is not working, on ps4 that is.
Am i cynical? Yeah i guess so, a bit tired of all the half implemented features. I m getting the feeling that a little bit of extra testing before shipping this game would have been nice.

flymar
30-06-2015, 18:23
Yeah, i m sure sync to race would be nice. A shame half of the time it is not working, on ps4 that is.
Am i cynical? Yeah i guess so, a bit tired of all the half implemented features. I m getting the feeling that a little bit of extra testing before shipping this game would have been nice.What about another 3 years...?
I heard that StR don't work online and last time I tried Random weather with StR was giving clear all the time (which might be nice because true random with so many rain slots often ended with rain). Putting that aside this configuration (4 slots and StR) is the one I use most.

GRFOCO
30-06-2015, 19:53
While real weather is cool I find myself driving 4 slots with "Sync to race option" much more often.

It's very different.
during online race, if I set the weather, I already know if there will be rain, or foggy, or sun...
no surprise at all, I already know if must setup the car for certain conditions or not.
with real weather no-one know the race conditions from now to 1hour, 2 hours...

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 19:58
It's very different.
during online race, if I set the weather, I already know if there will be rain, or foggy, or sun...
no surprise at all, I already know if must setup the car for certain conditions or not.
with real weather no-one know the race conditions from now to 1hour, 2 hours...

Put it in random.

GRFOCO
01-07-2015, 05:40
Again, isn't the same things...

AudioSlave92210
01-07-2015, 07:23
Can we have a "sync to race" mode during online races for the weather slots, just like in solo race?

Lipti
01-07-2015, 15:18
Even if Sony does not allow the consoles/game to connect to an external weather service, there could be a solution: Maybe there is a possibility that the Project Cars game servers gather the weather from a weather service centralized so that the game just has to use the given connection to PSN to get the weather information.