PDA

View Full Version : pCARS VR Journey starts today (patch 2)

Thomas Heineman
30-06-2015, 18:10
Ok. This is where pCARS shows its true colors. VR is here now, and its only the beginning!

(Latest oculus runtime 0.6.0.1 in direct mode)

Please set all settings to lowest or off, to ensure you get 75fps at all times. Increase settings after that..Do not enable shadows in rift mode yet.

This is still work in progress so share findings here please :)

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2015, 18:11
Would love to try vr myself....

surtic86
30-06-2015, 19:28
It runs much smoother now in direct mode then before!

The GUI is really Simple but works. But what me makes angry... is that the GUI is moving with my Head instead its still in the drive Direction is there any Option to fix that? The GUI is to near so i can't see anything right. I see the Lap Time but not the Position and also i cant see if i have DRS on or not.

How does it work for you? Do you think its good that the GUI is also moving with your Head?

Thomas Heineman
30-06-2015, 19:33
Ok suggestion to make hud static in rift mode. Nothing is final so please share your thoughts. (I personally agree on the hud)

protie
30-06-2015, 19:42
Be testing it soon. Will be happy to share my thoughts. Thanks for the heads up!

surtic86
30-06-2015, 19:45
Yes static would be Awesome :) I think it was in Life for Speed who i had Testet it and there was the GUI also Static to the Drive Direction and it was really good.

The message before about the Angry was a bit to hard! Then it makes really fun to Play with the Oculus. Its really smooth! Goooood Work!

protie
01-07-2015, 00:51
Ok suggestion to make hud static in rift mode. Nothing is final so please share your thoughts. (I personally agree on the hud)

Also agree. Still messing with settings to find what works best after patch.

Naz
01-07-2015, 09:32
Some suggestions I'd add are;

Setting for Engineer to be voice only (breaks immersion to see subtitles when I can hear him perfectly well)
Perhaps not have some of the messages over on the edges of the screen...I hit a wall in Bathurst and a message popped up at the periphery of my vision over on the left and I have no idea what it said. I moved my head left to see it but it moved with me always staying in my peripheral vision only .. and remained unreadable.
Love the ability to lean in and read the menu better (as mentioned above, it works well for Elite: Dangerous).

I wont repeat here my problems with performance as I posted in this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33565-Oculus-DK2-Feedback-on-patch-2-and-new-problem-for-me-which-I-can-t-solve but hopefully the devs can have a look and perhaps solve the problems some of us are having with DK2 and this patch. Unfortunately the game is not playable for me now with the massive performance degradation (cant go back to 2D driving anymore unfortunately...2D feels so wrong now LOL)

Cheers fellas, hope some of this is of help.

Mascot
01-07-2015, 09:49
Do you Rift users experience phantom G-forces while playing pCARS? I had a go on the Red Bull Air Race sim at Goodwood last week and with the acrobatic stunts it felt like being in a full-motion rig despite the seats being fixed and static. It was an incredible sensation and could negate the investment in a full-motion cockpit if the sensation is similar in racing sims. I'm guessing the sensation in a car won't be as pronounced as in aerial acrobatics, but is it still there?

brownie-uk7
01-07-2015, 12:23
Major improvement in VR support - thanks a lot!

- The HUD was critical. I am fine with it moving with headmovement (although fixed to car direction might be a little less distracting)
- Agree that the menus should be fixed position and that we can lean in for more details.
- DK2 screen freezes on exiting a race but restarts again on entering the next race. Must be a bug.
- Direct mode is fantastic. The latency is super low.
- FPS took a hit compared to extended but with all settings off and post processing on it still looks good.

all in all, great start and it is now a viable solution. With some additional tweaks it a working VR title! cant wait to race again tonight.
-

surtic86
01-07-2015, 12:45

Can you see all things on the HUD? I have some Problems with it i can only see the Lap Time but not wich Rank or Lap i have.

protie
01-07-2015, 15:16
Can you see all things on the HUD? I have some Problems with it i can only see the Lap Time but not wich Rank or Lap i have.

During an event hit escape and you will see customize HUD (or something like that, working from memory). Just bring them closer to the middle. They added more spots ( I think ) and they can be arranged to be seen well enough.