PDA

View Full Version : Career car number selection is purposeless

FAster
30-06-2015, 18:45
Career car number selection is purposeless, because we dont have it on the cars that we choose, so why are we choosing prefered car number when we create a new career ? why ?
That should not be hard to make a programming to match selected car number to a car number paint, there should have been static numbering on used career cars.

jsydave
30-06-2015, 18:48
So you can be childish and say you're riding 69

FAster
30-06-2015, 18:50
So you can be childish and say you're riding 69

Did you came to denigrate ?

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 18:53
Please keep silly comments off these forums.

Pete

Alan Dallas
30-06-2015, 19:10
Career car number selection is purposeless, because we dont have it on the cars that we choose, so why are we choosing prefered car number when we create a new career ? why ?
That should not be hard to make a programming to match selected car number to a car number paint, there should have been static numbering on used career cars.

Actually, the number you choose appears in the career news and fake twitter stream every once in awhile. That's the only reason for selecting it.

jsydave
30-06-2015, 19:16
Did you came to denigrate ?No. I came to bring humour. Sorry if that's unwelcome.

lacslyer
30-06-2015, 20:02
Actually, the number you choose appears in the career news and fake twitter stream every once in awhile. That's the only reason for selecting it.

I think more importantly is that it's incredibly misleading to players (not that it's detrimental, just an obvious oversight in communicating to players of what it effects) as well as nonsensical since your number on social media won't match the car you drive in that case.

Forcedchaos
30-06-2015, 20:22
I will say that numbers in sports are very personal. I've heard of some athletes even buying a number from a teammate that has theirs. I would love to see my number on the car.

hdh
30-06-2015, 21:13
I have to agree, I too was a little disappointed when I discovered that you didn't get your personal number on your car. Shouldn't be a major task to fix, I'm guessing we'll see it implemented in a future patch. :)

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 01:00
In a perfect world(or racing game with a Career series) there would be a way for the number you choose to be displayed on the car OR... OR a livery picker. During pCARS development on WMD I suggested we allow the livery to be chosen by the Player in Career Mode. It fell on deaf ears. The suggestion never even got a like.
Actually, I made lots of suggestions on WMD for the game that never got noticed or discussed. Am I bitter about it? Nope, not in the least. Suggestions are just that. It's a take it or leave it. However I will say it was rather disappointing that a dev couldn't even take the time to put a reply with a simple, "Suggestion Noted". It's a non-committal reply and lets the suggester know the time they took to write out a suggestion was seen.

GenBrien
01-07-2015, 01:02
I have to agree, I too was a little disappointed when I discovered that you didn't get your personal number on your car. Shouldn't be a major task to fix, I'm guessing we'll see it implemented in a future patch. :)
dont think it'll get fix(for Pcars1)
IIRC, it was said that having custom # would add an aditional mask and that it was too taxing for consoles.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though

Andjem
01-07-2015, 01:05

never noticed that before, will have to watch out for this.

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 01:13
IIRC, it was said that having custom # would add an aditional mask and that it was too taxing for consoles.

Actually, it would be an additional DDS file laid on top of the Livery. A very small file at that, as it would just be some numbers. Problem wasn't that it would be too taxing, the problem(if you can call it that) is you'd need to create ALL those numbers and have multiple DDS files with just a number mask. Also ALL the community liveries would have to leave space for a blank number plate and remain in the same place per car model so they could be seen.
It was suggested they add code that could create the Number mask DDS on the fly so you wouldn't need to save huge amounts of DDS files with just numbers. iRacing uses that method.

TMoney
01-07-2015, 01:37
I was under the impression it was a bug and will be fixed sometime in the future. If it's not and SMS is aware of the complications wouldn't they have taken it out of the UI?

k.merse
01-07-2015, 06:19
That's because Career mode was not fully finished.

xautos
01-07-2015, 14:50
im always racing 9 or 99 or 999 on the car anyway, like Jorge Lorenzo, i would like to see my number in a prominent position on the machine im racing around.

Forcedchaos
01-07-2015, 14:54
That's because Career mode was not fully finished.

Nor anything else in the game. This game was at least a year away from ready for prime time. Race on us glorified beta testers. I love the game though, best racing sim ever. I can wait for everything to flesh out.

FAster
01-07-2015, 17:10
In a perfect world(or racing game with a Career series) there would be a way for the number you choose to be displayed on the car OR... OR a livery picker. During pCARS development on WMD I suggested we allow the livery to be chosen by the Player in Career Mode. It fell on deaf ears. The suggestion never even got a like.
Actually, I made lots of suggestions on WMD for the game that never got noticed or discussed. Am I bitter about it? Nope, not in the least. Suggestions are just that. It's a take it or leave it. However I will say it was rather disappointing that a dev couldn't even take the time to put a reply with a simple, "Suggestion Noted". It's a non-committal reply and lets the suggester know the time they took to write out a suggestion was seen.

They just look to your money, not to your suggestion ;)

FAster
01-07-2015, 17:11

I don't care about social media in the game, when I create the game it says "car number" so what are you defending?

wraithsrike
01-07-2015, 17:25
Finished or not I would of been gutted truly gutted if they delayed it for another year.

I've played most every day since its launch and even with its problems I'm pleased 100% with the purchase worth every penny.

No problem has been game breaking for me frustrating yes but I get over it, never played a racing game where I'm soooooo into the race if you get me, numbers missing or not the game for me personally is epic yes I have the odd moan but then I'm old it's expected.

Forcedchaos
01-07-2015, 18:15
Finished or not I would of been gutted truly gutted if they delayed it for another year.

I've played most every day since its launch and even with its problems I'm pleased 100% with the purchase worth every penny.

No problem has been game breaking for me frustrating yes but I get over it, never played a racing game where I'm soooooo into the race if you get me, numbers missing or not the game for me personally is epic yes I have the odd moan but then I'm old it's expected.

Completely agree, loving the game, but I'm still the type that tells it like it is.

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 18:51
I don't care about social media in the game, when I create the game it says "car number" so what are you defending?
I explained the purpose of choosing the Car Number in career mode. How is that "Defending" exactly?

Oh I get it, anytime anyone explains how a game feature works you call it "Defending the game." ... Troll on Troll.

FAster
01-07-2015, 20:43
I explained the purpose of choosing the Car Number in career mode. How is that "Defending" exactly?

Oh I get it, anytime anyone explains how a game feature works you call it "Defending the game." ... Troll on Troll.

Thanks for the reply but users expect when choosing "car number" is what I told. Of course you explaind the purpose but What I see is the lacking of purpose for the car numbering.

knotme
01-07-2015, 20:55
mine is 68... as is tattooed on my arm. 68 means you eat me and i owe you one! lol

p.s. and if you notice THAT was my 68th post! hehe

Luke Townsend
01-07-2015, 21:13

That's a bit of a shame. I'm not that bothered about numbers, but was used to having a personal number in iRacing when I was a member of that years ago. There you could choose the font and colours of your number as well, although the designs were pretty limited (and the car colour schemes in general on iRacing were basic compared to the PCars' beauties. No idea if that's changed more recently.)

Pigmachine
01-07-2015, 21:24
I'm always 72 or 293.. and really like to see it as a choice in pCARS 1 and 2.. Now I'm #30 and named Derek? in my sierra cosworth

Mr Akina
01-07-2015, 21:33
When I saw there was an option to choose a race number in the pre-release videos, I had high hopes for an involved career mode. Unfortunately, the fact that this is a redundant feature, kinda sums up the career in general. What's the point in "social media" involvement when the number on your car in any championship isn't related to the one you picked? I drive using the cockpit view, so I don't even know what number (or colour) my car is. I wish they could have given the career some depth as it had so much promise.

At the very least, they could show the car you're going to drive when you are choosing contracts - just in case one of the cars happens to match the number you wanted lol

wraithsrike
01-07-2015, 21:39
I agree the career isn't very personal to the player.

k.merse
02-07-2015, 05:59
Actually it wouldn't be too difficult to allow players to have their own number AND name on every car. Or on every car that it makes sense (i.e.: not on road cars). All you have to do is to add another layer of mesh over the number plates, so that they would cover the numbers. Outside career mode that mesh would get no or a transparent texture, but in career mode it would get the texture of the number the player have chosen. Or that mesh may be the shape of the number and you color it black. Abracadabra, you have your own number on any car you wish.
I think other game use this method already and I made something similar, when I made models, although not for a racing game.
By the way, you could add all kind of stuff to the game like this. Personal sponsors, flags etc.

Boomshalockboom
02-07-2015, 06:08
i always choose 53... "ocho"... :P

Never noticed it's not on my car since i use cockpit view :D

oh well...