PDA

View Full Version : Community events, pointless at the moment

wraithsrike
30-06-2015, 21:06
Thought I'd have a go at the Open top dessert challenge community event but it's full of cheaters galore.

Even the number 1 slot doesn't even use the track to set his time, I tried to follow his ghost and couldn't believe what I was seeing, think I'll give these a miss.

DayGlow
30-06-2015, 22:02
If the game can't stop track cutting, at least have some physical moderation of the top 10 spots by a community manager.

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 22:08
Yeah. I thought I'll send the top guy a GPS to find the track, but then realised he's too far away from the track for the GPS to pick up the signal and also realised there's just to many of them that got lost. Where are the days when we worked for what we want or deserve ?

justonce68
30-07-2015, 08:39
Its full of cheats, I thought id give the current one a go in the BMW Z4 last night Zolder I believe and did a conservative 1.32, looking at the current leaders 1.26 I thought there is no way that's possible so I loaded his ghost to follow him, I kept with him till the first chicane, he drove though it at full pelt completely cutting it and pulled around 4 secs on me in one corner., I check a few down to about 1.30 and they all appeared to cut chicanes.
It makes the challenges not worth entering, its a pity more people don't have the moral fibre to race within the rules. Surely there is more satisfaction running a clean fast lap than trying to cheat.
What grinds my gears the most is a lot of the dirty laps are done by guys with the same prefix to their gamertag which means they "race" for the same team.

ibby
30-07-2015, 17:14
Next patch will have lots of track boundary improvements. :)

choupolo
30-07-2015, 17:24
Its full of cheats, I thought id give the current one a go in the BMW Z4 last night Zolder I believe and did a conservative 1.32, looking at the current leaders 1.26 I thought there is no way that's possible so I loaded his ghost to follow him, I kept with him till the first chicane, he drove though it at full pelt completely cutting it and pulled around 4 secs on me in one corner., I check a few down to about 1.30 and they all appeared to cut chicanes.
It makes the challenges not worth entering, its a pity more people don't have the moral fibre to race within the rules. Surely there is more satisfaction running a clean fast lap than trying to cheat.
What grinds my gears the most is a lot of the dirty laps are done by guys with the same prefix to their gamertag which means they "race" for the same team.

Hey, I've been playing around with this one - managed a clean 1:31.0 but sure there is room for anyone to go quicker. Not sure how the Xbox compares to PS4 however, but that's another thread. :D

el3KtroN
30-07-2015, 17:35
it's a joke that track cutting is still possible, it's not good work sry