PDA

View Full Version : DRIVE still padlocked after patch

DJRichard
30-06-2015, 21:22
Are you guys actually testing for bugs? How the hell can we still have this game breaking bug? Ive rejoined the server 5 times and still its got a fcuking padlock preventing me from joining. There should be legal action taken against companies who misrepresent their products this way. Buggy pile of shite.

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 21:26
Thanks for your comments and confirmation that the bug still exists, shame you had to deliver it in such an inappropriate manner from a WMD. Count yourself warned!

Pete

Disposable_Hero
30-06-2015, 21:26
Your rant won't get you anywhere and itīs not even in the release notes (like the FFB issue).
But, i am starting to loose faith myself.

DJRichard
30-06-2015, 21:33
I apologise for my colourful language, but sometimes after so long it just gets the better of you. Sitting here for 20 minutes trying to join a particular server is so frustrating. Fixing minor issues is one thing, fixing game breaking ones should be top priority. It should never have been released in this state, and believe me I want my share of the profits as much as anyone else, but how long must we accept this situation?

Not only that but having just got into the race after having waited the entire time stuck in the lobby, the change camera bug also appeared meaning I was stuck on the bumper cam view. Pathetic.

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 21:38
I apologise for my colourful language, but sometimes after so long it just gets the better of you. Sitting here for 20 minutes trying to join a particular server is so frustrating. Fixing minor issues is one thing, fixing game breaking ones should be top priority. It should never have been released in this state, and believe me I want my share of the profits as much as anyone else, but how long must we accept this situation?

Not only that but having just got into the race after having waited the entire time stuck in the lobby, the change camera bug also appeared meaning I was stuck on the bumper cam view. Pathetic.

Apology accepted. I understand its frustrating and it is frustrating for myself as a player as well. People forget us moderators play the game as well. Unfortunately it is not in the release notes therefore it is not fixed. Currently there is the work around of rejoining the server. The the moment there is priority on the number of bugs that need fixed. As you can imagine there is a list of these and its up to the powers that be at SMS to get that list into some coherent order.

Pete

t0daY
30-06-2015, 21:39
I think its pretty hard to find out where the problem exactly is... To fix a bug, first you need to reproduce the bug to get a hint whats wrong. The thing about the drivebhttonlock is, its pretty random. I tried to reproduce it in some ways but without any success. 1 week I had no problem with the drive button, the other week several.

And your manners are not speaking for your person to be honest... Hopefully SMS can find the problem as fast as possible and fix it :)

DJRichard
30-06-2015, 21:47
I would honestly like to know if the bug fixes have less resources now that SMS are working on P CARS 2. I understand how long it takes, but it has been the worst bit of PR Ive ever witnessed to publically announce it when the basic fundamentals of the game have so many game breaking bugs. They could have worked on it and kept it quiet for the time being to at least reduce the anger towards them. Ive been an advocate for the game for years now, but so many things were taken away. Ovals suddenly vanished and we have a stock car with no real track to use it on properly.

I dont want to sit here and rant because when the game works I am loving it, but when you find yourself having more problems than fun, where do you draw the line?

Blackvault
30-06-2015, 21:52
I would honestly like to know if the bug fixes have less resources now that SMS are working on P CARS 2. I understand how long it takes, but it has been the worst bit of PR Ive ever witnessed to publically announce it when the basic fundamentals of the game have so many game breaking bugs. They could have worked on it and kept it quiet for the time being to at least reduce the anger towards them. Ive been an advocate for the game for years now, but so many things were taken away. Ovals suddenly vanished and we have a stock car with no real track to use it on properly.

I dont want to sit here and rant because when the game works I am loving it, but when you find yourself having more problems than fun, where do you draw the line?

Ian Bell mentioned something like 40 members of staff currently are working Project Cars 1. I can't find the exact post now but reset assured the application is being supported. That is a sizeable chunk of resources.

You mention the Ovals but they weren't ready. Same with pit crews, no point release half arsed game assets into the game.

Pete

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 21:53

Sorry bro, but no real track? Watkings Glen? Road America?

DJRichard
30-06-2015, 21:56
Ovals. There were several ovals that I really enjoyed racing. I was hoping for them to be in the public launch. Ive had amazingly exciting close races on iRacing on oval tracks and I was hoping P Cars would be able to compete.

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 21:58
Ovals. There were several ovals that I really enjoyed racing. I was hoping for them to be in the public launch. Ive had amazingly exciting close races on iRacing on oval tracks and I was hoping P Cars would be able to compete.

OK so no ovals, because real tracks are all over, including nascar tracks like the ones I said. I don't like ovals but I know a lot of people like and I want everybody to have a lot of fun. As far as I know the Ovals are coming in a pack with a lot of cars to use with them.

F2kSel
01-07-2015, 00:13
I didn't get the locked driver button last night but good old forced bumper view did a good job filling in.

TMoney
01-07-2015, 00:43

Give it time man. I know some things can be frustrating but pCARS is still very young and needs more time to mature. All we can do now is enjoy it for what it is and wait patiently for fixes and new content to roll out.

I know a lot of people are discouraged about the pCARS 2 announcement but that's all it really was for now. I'm sure pCARS 1 still has full attention from the devs.