PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist Trophy question

Arkhaine
30-06-2015, 21:58
Is this trophy only obtainable by racing against the ghosts of the top 30 on the leaderboards? That seems rather crazy if it is since 95% of players aren't pros at racing. I know I'm not terrible and I'm not the greatest and there are 2969 others on the leaderboards that could say the same thing, yet none of them would ever be able to get this trophy. I was able to make the top 1500 with my time and that's still a full 11 seconds away from top 30, is there a way to race a ghost that isn't just the top 30 people and get the trophy?

SpaceMachine
01-07-2015, 10:57
I was lucky to get in there early and unlocked this on Nurburgring GP, but I think you'll find that some of the leaderboards are less populated than others. Try some alternative car and track combinations.

notanuva
01-07-2015, 11:27
You can get it threw beating your own ghost

Arkhaine
01-07-2015, 22:51
You can get it threw beating your own ghost

That's great to know. Now if I can just get my ghost to appear... I choose that option yet it never seems to appear :/

stux
02-07-2015, 00:54
I've raced and beaten plenty of ghosts yet this never popped. Finally popped the other day when I was doing a time trial with the ghosts setting on the left set to my PB. Beat my ghost and it popped.

Obsidian
02-07-2015, 02:01
That's great to know. Now if I can just get my ghost to appear... I choose that option yet it never seems to appear :/

Yes, it is not entirely intuitive. You need to find your time from the leaderboard, then select "Use this ghost." Then under "Ghost Type" select "Leaderboard."

Then start the time trial and your ghost will be there.

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 07:36
Yes, it is not entirely intuitive. You need to find your time from the leaderboard, then select "Use this ghost." Then under "Ghost Type" select "Leaderboard."

Then start the time trial and your ghost will be there.

So I found my time on the leaderboard, but there is no icon for ghost data so I can't select "use this ghost". Do I have to wait a while for my ghost data to be there or do I have to select an option somewhere so that it will save my ghost data?

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 07:39
So I found my time on the leaderboard, but there is no icon for ghost data so I can't select "use this ghost". Do I have to wait a while for my ghost data to be there or do I have to select an option somewhere so that it will save my ghost data?

Take any ghost slower than you

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 07:48
Take any ghost slower than you

Only players that show the ghost data icon are top 30, no matter how well I complete a lap I can't catch #30.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 07:51
Only players that show the ghost data icon are top 30, no matter how well I complete a lap I can't catch #30.

Try another class. On xbox almost all times have ghosts

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 09:06
Try another class. On xbox almost all times have ghosts

Tried every location and every class, same thing everywhere. Only shows the little ghost data icon next to the Top 30 racers.

KK78
02-07-2015, 11:40
Ok so the way I did this was set a lap time on any track with no ghost selected. Back out of the time trial mode, wait for your time to appear in the leader board (find it by pressing 'Square'- if it does not show, leave the time trial section for a few minutes and go back and check) then select 'Personal Best Record' from the ghosts section on the left hand side. Now select a faster car, beat your time and the trophy will pop.

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 19:18
Ok so the way I did this was set a lap time on any track with no ghost selected. Back out of the time trial mode, wait for your time to appear in the leader board (find it by pressing 'Square'- if it does not show, leave the time trial section for a few minutes and go back and check) then select 'Personal Best Record' from the ghosts section on the left hand side. Now select a faster car, beat your time and the trophy will pop.

I did somehow manage to bump myself up to 32nd on one of the leaderboards, it'd be great to get the trophy by officially reaching Top 30 somewhere. I got to 0.07 seconds away from the 30th place ghost.

If I can't find a way to make up those fractions of a second I'll give your plan a shot.

theequalizer33
02-07-2015, 22:34
for the Exorcist u need to get the fastest lap on a track for the car type you,ve chosen.. And then beat that after! I got it with the FG 1000 on Nordschleife stage 2 track (got the fastest time on time trial on that track in that car, then beat that time again)

McKiernan
04-07-2015, 04:26
Tried every location and every class, same thing everywhere. Only shows the little ghost data icon next to the Top 30 racers.

I got this trophy fairly recently, I used stockcars on Silverstone national. There were very few times set and the top 30 were fairly easy to beat, I got placed 6th after just two laps. It might have changed since but it's worth checking out.