PDA

View Full Version : Online record means nothing.

Forcedchaos
01-07-2015, 11:01
So I tested this yesterday. Set up an online race at Willow Springs hoping nobody would show up, (people seem to hate that track, I love it) nobody did. I was like, ok, let me run this by myself and see if it actually counts. To my surprise it did, first in qualifying and first in the race with no competition and it counted in my online record statistics. So don't listen to people bragging about their online record, you can easily pad it by doing this. Pretty big oversight by SMS.

EvoM3
01-07-2015, 11:29
I dont understand.. I thought the WR's had to be done in time trial mode in single player?

Bealdor
01-07-2015, 11:37
I dont understand.. I thought the WR's had to be done in time trial mode in single player?

He probably means his online statistics and not leaderboard times.

Forcedchaos
01-07-2015, 11:38
He probably means his online statistics and not leaderboard times.

This^^^ I wrote it in.

wraithsrike
01-07-2015, 11:46
This^^^ I wrote it in.

But nobody can see them apart from you anyway so what does it matter , or am I missing something here?

Forcedchaos
01-07-2015, 12:06
But nobody can see them apart from you anyway so what does it matter , or am I missing something here?

People have been posting screenshots of them trying to brag about their record.

NemethR
01-07-2015, 12:10
So I tested this yesterday. Set up an online race at Willow Springs hoping nobody would show up, (people seem to hate that track, I love it) nobody did. I was like, ok, let me run this by myself and see if it actually counts. To my surprise it did, first in qualifying and first in the race with no competition and it counted in my online record statistics. So don't listen to people bragging about their online record, you can easily pad it by doing this. Pretty big oversight by SMS.

Well, not bragging here, but about those statistics:

I won 3 races online (in my league, I don't race public events), was on podium 8 times, and got like 15 other results.
Yet according to the same statistic, I only entered 23 online races.

Do the math. :D

Bealdor
01-07-2015, 12:12
Well, not bragging here, but about those statistics:

I won 3 races online (in my league, I don't race public events), was on podium 8 times, and got like 15 other results.
Yet according to the same statistic, I only entered 23 online races.

Do the math. :D

What's wrong with that statistic?

creepyd
01-07-2015, 12:23
Those aren't fully working yet, just ignore em.
I apparently have qualified pole 3 times, all of those were from random grid placements putting me there :D

EvoM3
01-07-2015, 12:24
What's wrong with that statistic?

I think he is saying he entered 26 races but the statistic says he raced in 23. If you exit before it displays the result it either doesnt count the win or it doesnt count the race...

F2kSel
01-07-2015, 12:26
Sadly like most things in this game it's only half finished and like most things I don't see it ever being really finished in pCars1.

Bealdor
01-07-2015, 12:27
I think he is saying he entered 26 races but the statistic says he raced in 23. If you exit before it displays the result it either doesnt count the win or it doesnt count the race...

Wins are counting as podium finishes too. No need to count them twice. :)

wraithsrike
01-07-2015, 12:51

But he didn't, he entered 23 race's.

mikadri
01-07-2015, 13:03
Wait,what?I donīt understand this thread.
Today I sat my personal best at Spa in an online public race,and
that pb is now displayed on the leaderboard in time trial.
-and you folks say itīs only me who can see it?:confused:

wraithsrike
01-07-2015, 13:21

Seriously,, ahh that's so cute.

3800racingfool
01-07-2015, 13:23

Funny enough, those same people recoil in horror at the thought of you actually racing them. God forbid they spoil that sparkling record of theirs.

I learned a long time ago that records don't mean squat. Way back in the days of playing StarCraft people would have records with thousands of wins and maybe only a few dozen losses. They'd get them simply by observing matches between two other players and then being the last one to leave which equaled an automatic win by default.

So yea, records don't mean anything. If someone wants to gloat about how good they are, just tell 'em to shut up and race you.

SpeedFreakDTM
01-07-2015, 13:39
I too hate stats. They mean soooooooooooooo much to some. Some would even quit out if not in 1st place, just to keep their average finish position as 1st, even though they completely sucked. (Grid2 + Autosport - Shazzan)

The most important stat, if we have to have them, is races entered. It should count the moment your vehicle is on the starting grid of the race. So if you leave a race without finishing, you should earn last place on the stats.

K/D stats annoy me too, lol. If deaths were not recorded in COD's people wouldn't care about their K/D ratio.

xautos
01-07-2015, 14:12

i ran in oscherlaben (not sure on the spelling) the other week after realizing its one of those tracks i am so fast on that i cant explain it. made top 10 in numerous cars with clean laps hovering around 1:28.5-1:29.0, with a 1 sec to 1.5s off the outright fastest, but since learned a few of those recorded times from others are from cut chicanes especially around the backend of the track on the gp circuit layout..

but to your point though, yes ive apparently ran 350 races in solo mode and in realilty i think ive only done about 40. most of these are resets because of silly things. for some reason they count as "races" completed which they did not as techincally the race was aborted before it completed and others were qualifications..

whats up with that?

QPRLad
01-07-2015, 14:27
i ran in oscherlaben (not sure on the spelling) the other week after realizing its one of those tracks i am so fast on that i cant explain it. made top 10 in numerous cars with clean laps hovering around 1:28.5-1:29.0, with a 1 sec to 1.5s off the outright fastest, but since learned a few of those recorded times from others are from cut chicanes especially around the backend of the track on the gp circuit layout..

but to your point though, yes ive apparently ran 350 races in solo mode and in realilty i think ive only done about 40. most of these are resets because of silly things. for some reason they count as "races" completed which they did not as techincally the race was aborted before it completed and others were qualifications..

whats up with that?

Because they are displaying races entered not races completed completed.

xautos
01-07-2015, 14:32
I too hate stats. They mean soooooooooooooo much to some. Some would even quit out if not in 1st place, just to keep their average finish position as 1st, even though they completely sucked. (Grid2 + Autosport - Shazzan)

The most important stat, if we have to have them, is races entered. It should count the moment your vehicle is on the starting grid of the race. So if you leave a race without finishing, you should earn last place on the stats.

K/D stats annoy me too, lol. If deaths were not recorded in COD's people wouldn't care about their K/D ratio.

even starting on the grid it should only count once on the grid and the lights go out as before that your not actually entered into the race nor completed it yet. once those lights are out then it counts no matter the result honestly.

Because they are displaying races entered not races completed.

quote fixed. even races entered that still leaves 30 odd races that were in qualifying that were reset as well being counted. it still needs a looking at.

FAster
01-07-2015, 17:15

What would you expected my friend, everything is visual on this game(partially), not logical..