PDA

View Full Version : Moving up from regional to European championships.

MilkyBarKid16
01-07-2015, 15:45
Just finished my first season of GT4 and won the UK Championship and came 7th in the Euro championship. When I renewed my contract, I expected to stay in the Euro champ, not have to pick another regional one.

This is totally unrealistic and needs to change.

D1rty Duck UK
01-07-2015, 15:56
Just finished my first season of GT4 and won the UK Championship and came 7th in the Euro championship. When I renewed my contract, I expected to stay in the Euro champ, not have to pick another regional one.

This is totally unrealistic and needs to change.

You finished 7th, you don't deserve to be in the top championship

xautos
01-07-2015, 16:11

unless youre a pay driver. amazing how much money can convince a serious team to accept an average or bad driver into their seats.(examples; Crashtor and Yuji Ide)
ordinarily, yes that driver should spend another season until they can show more speed and talent, but sometimes it may just be the car, i mean you have had drivers who were in gp2 who were in the lower half of the top 10 who moved on to other forms of motorsports like endurance racing and become a force to be reckoned with.

MilkyBarKid16
01-07-2015, 16:38

You don't know what difficulty I played on and you know nothing about the results I had in the championship, so please don't tell ME that I don't deserve to be in the top championship.

bikerjoe83
01-07-2015, 16:43
So am I right in guessing that while I expect to finish maybe mid-table on points (while I get used to cars, tracks, bugs, incessant amount of adjusting etc), I won't get the option of staying with the team I'm contracted to? Will I be put back to the beginning, potentially signing a new contract with the huge choice of two teams I could sign up with, one of them being the one I would stay with?

MrFlibble81
01-07-2015, 16:43
sometimes it may just be the car, i mean you have had drivers who were in gp2 who were in the lower half of the top 10 who moved on to other forms of motorsports like endurance racing and become a force to be reckoned with.

Yes, and equally there's as many drivers who move back down to the lower formulas and try again later.

Tastakrad
01-07-2015, 16:45
I am doing the "Defend your title for three years" achievement now and it is a little bit annoying to do the regional championship again and again. I am the title defender, why do I need to qualify for the main championship again? And it takes longer to do a season :/

xautos
01-07-2015, 16:57
Yes, and equally there's as many drivers who move back down to the lower formulas and try again later.

why would a driver harm their own career by backtracking? they would never get out of that racing series, you look at the likes of Johnny Cecotto Jr. who has been stuck in GP2 7 years!! while others like Jerome d'Ambrosio, Kamui Kobayashi and Sefano Coletti have moved on to other things as examples; Blancpain, Super Formula and Indycar.

its best not to stick around in a championship too long if it can be helped.

I am doing the "Defend your title for three years" achievement now and it is a little bit annoying to do the regional championship again and again. I am the title defender, why do I need to qualify for the main championship again? And it takes longer to do a season :/

i plan on doing that in gt3 if i get a mclaren 12c ride.

Tastakrad
01-07-2015, 17:15
GT3 doesnt work. You need atleast a Tier 2 championship (Endurance, Formula A, LMP2 and LMP1) to do this. GT3 is a Tier 3 championship.

xautos
01-07-2015, 17:18
GT3 doesnt work. You need atleast a Tier 2 championship (Endurance, Formula A, LMP2 and LMP1) to do this. GT3 is a Tier 3 championship.

hahaha. figures.

welll anyways, it wont happen in formula a, im not used to the excessive power even with tc and stab active, but then again playing hours of endurance on the game.. thats some challenge, make sure its a sportscar, not a prototype.