PDA

View Full Version : Heel & Toe Issue on Manual Cars

haydnbuzz
01-07-2015, 18:40
Hi there,

I think thereís an issue with the revs rising slowly when making heel & toe downshifts. One of my favorite cars in the game is the Lotus 49 however Iíve had a quick go in a few other manual cars and the issue still seems to be present. What Iím experiencing is that when Iím applying the brakes clutch depressed and blipping the throttle the revs are rising more slowly than they should making it very difficult to match road speed and engine speed correctly. What leads me to think this is a bug is that the behaviour does not persist when making downshifts with no braking applied Ė the engine revs up freely as it should. I am using automatic clutch switched off when trying to figure out this problem. I know gear change speed is modeled however I have tested and can be sure that the clutch is fully depressed whilst changing gear. I have also exaggerated my blip on the throttle which in the Lotus 49 when clutch disengaged with no brakes applied and clutch down has no problem in hitting the red line quickly, however when the same exaggerated blip is attempted whilst braking revs climb much more slowly. Has anybody else experienced this issue? The problem is essentially that the blip can't match the road speed so when it's time to come off the clutch the rear of the car is unsettled until the engine revs rise to match the road speed. I heel & toe regardless but currently I drive with automatic clutch to get around this issue but it would be nice to know thereís a fix or something along the way.

Art-J
01-07-2015, 19:33
I find it puzzling and difficult to comment, because for me the experience is exactly opposite :D :D :D. I spend most of my time driving the 49 as well, and I also have problems heel & toeing smoothly, but for opposite reason - for me, with the clutch and brake on, the throttle response of the DFV is lightning fast and I bump the rev limiter hard too often, which certainly doesn't help while slowing down and downshifting for a corner. I have to adjust myself to much smaller throttle pedal presses, compared to Assetto Corsa or GTR2; have to use something closer to GPL, which also has very fast revving engines. Switching between sims ain't easy! I wonder why our experiences differ so much. Maybe it's the question of controller profiles coded in the game? I use stock, unmodded G25.

watchumacallit
01-07-2015, 20:52
Hi there,

I think there’s an issue with the revs rising slowly when making heel & toe downshifts. One of my favorite cars in the game is the Lotus 49 however I’ve had a quick go in a few other manual cars and the issue still seems to be present. What I’m experiencing is that when I’m applying the brakes clutch depressed and blipping the throttle the revs are rising more slowly than they should making it very difficult to match road speed and engine speed correctly. What leads me to think this is a bug is that the behaviour does not persist when making downshifts with no braking applied – the engine revs up freely as it should. I am using automatic clutch switched off when trying to figure out this problem. I know gear change speed is modeled however I have tested and can be sure that the clutch is fully depressed whilst changing gear. I have also exaggerated my blip on the throttle which in the Lotus 49 when clutch disengaged with no brakes applied and clutch down has no problem in hitting the red line quickly, however when the same exaggerated blip is attempted whilst braking revs climb much more slowly. Has anybody else experienced this issue? The problem is essentially that the blip can't match the road speed so when it's time to come off the clutch the rear of the car is unsettled until the engine revs rise to match the road speed. I heel & toe regardless but currently I drive with automatic clutch to get around this issue but it would be nice to know there’s a fix or something along the way.

Have you tried adjusting your throttle, brakes and clutch sensitivity? Also clutch dead zone? I've had this problem before but after adjusting those parameters, everything is smooth. Just have to play with it and find the settings that suits you, good luck!

haydnbuzz
02-07-2015, 11:26
Art-J that's really interesting that you have the exact opposite problem. I'm also using the G25 with one of Jack Spade's tweaker FFB files so as Watchumacallit says I may have a play around with the sensitivity settings and see if I can adjust anything successfully. I'll report back if I find anything. I still think it's very odd as it's totally different off brake & on brake.