PDA

View Full Version : Damage off=Horrible races Damage on=Clean races

OJohnyAppl3S33dO
01-07-2015, 21:09
Title says all. People need to respect not only their own car but others also. They need to realize that their car can be broken if driven incorrectly which would make them more cautious while racing and hopefully SMS will implement a good system that promotes clean races.

LIONITUSofSPARTA
01-07-2015, 21:20
I agree. On most public matches, I wait until at least the first turn before I start trying to make passes. Usually the first turn is the worst pile up point; even if my lines are clean someone will end up doing a pit maneuver on me.

Pink_650S
01-07-2015, 21:25
I dont think wreckers give a $?&% about whether their virtual car gets damaged or not.
After they've successfully wrecked you, they'll leave anyway. Thats how they operate.

OJohnyAppl3S33dO
01-07-2015, 21:38
I dont think wreckers give a $?&% about whether their virtual car gets damaged or not.
After they've successfully wrecked you, they'll leave anyway. Thats how they operate.

Thats true thats why SMS needs to put in a ranking system. Something to seperate the good apples from the bad.

LIONITUSofSPARTA
01-07-2015, 22:16
I think the driver ratings (peer to peer) is good enough for now; but honestly by the time you notice that there is a pending pile up it's already too late. And it's hard to determine who the culprit is. Most of the time I believe it's people thinking they are playing an arcade racer, able to take corners at 200 mph. I think the best you can do is filter the games for "pro" and hope for the best. Or hold a blocked match for invites only? Not sure if you can do that.

Pink_650S
01-07-2015, 22:29
Thats true thats why SMS needs to put in a ranking system. Something to seperate the good apples from the bad.

Yep, a rating system would be great! Where you can instantly tell about someone's DNF rate for example.
Or maybe make the "Driver Network Profile" in multiplayer lobbies available, which is still greyed out for some reason. (...is the reason known?)

LIONITUSofSPARTA
01-07-2015, 22:42
I'm pretty sure a rating system exists. Perhaps it is only available in the lobby. Additionally, I need more peeps on my friends list that play this game. PS I lived in deutschland a few years ago.

OJohnyAppl3S33dO
02-07-2015, 01:54
I think the driver ratings (peer to peer) is good enough for now; but honestly by the time you notice that there is a pending pile up it's already too late. And it's hard to determine who the culprit is. Most of the time I believe it's people thinking they are playing an arcade racer, able to take corners at 200 mph. I think the best you can do is filter the games for "pro" and hope for the best. Or hold a blocked match for invites only? Not sure if you can do that.

My point exactly taking a corner at 200+ is something you cant do in real life do to fear of crashing which is why damage needs to be on. I think its hilarious how i go to the lobby and rarely find a damage on lobby but this is labeled as a sim racer.

OJohnyAppl3S33dO
02-07-2015, 01:56
Im hoping and praying that the whats coming soon at the menu is the answer to all of our prayers a rating system.

jason
02-07-2015, 02:02
My point exactly taking a corner at 200+ is something you cant do in real life do to fear of crashing which is why damage needs to be on. I think its hilarious how i go to the lobby and rarely find a damage on lobby but this is labeled as a sim racer.

With regards to a damage on lobby , how is it going to stop them just because the lobby has damage ? They will do it anyway , probably worse knowing he can really wreck your car and your race.

OJohnyAppl3S33dO
02-07-2015, 05:27
The rating system will seperate the wreckers and the damage on will promote clean driving.

cudirage13
02-07-2015, 17:50
Quite the opposite actually...

siemens123
02-07-2015, 17:50
Damage OFF/VISUAL ONLY = 80% chance to have a few decent races (when u get hit by a retarded maniac at least u can continue) , Damage ON = 80% chances of dirty races (they know they will destroy u/all for good). After that they leave the room anyway. The most important thing now ,after the patch 2.0 and in patch 2.1, is the possibility for the host to kick players.

MAARTEN
03-07-2015, 07:45
I see a problem with damage on for my own sake. If i play clean all the way and some trasher just rams my behind i could end up getting damage to my own car and can't finish the race. The trasher doesn't care, he will leave anyhow.

edit: Didn't see post above ^^ you got a point there

glender123
03-07-2015, 17:56
I see a problem with damage on for my own sake. If i play clean all the way and some trasher just rams my behind i could end up getting damage to my own car and can't finish the race. The trasher doesn't care, he will leave anyhow.

edit: Didn't see post above ^^ you got a point there

This happend to me twice today, last lap, leading at monza and some idiot decides not to break and ruins my car and I finish 8th :(

This needs to be sorted somehow, I really like the idea of a ranking system, not sure how it would work but it needs to happen.

daddyboosive
04-07-2015, 12:43
The reason why people don't have damage on is because of the unfair racers. Without the damage you can atleast claw some places back I'd you're smashed off the track. Whereas with damage on. Your race will be over. A simple kick function is the way forward. Or even SMS hosted lobbies where certain parimeters are set. Like a manual plus no assists only lobby and locked in car say for example. Forza used to do it and the races I used to race in were mainly clean due to racers being a bit more on the serious side. There are plenty of pcars forums you can join though that promote clean racing and have invite only lobbies open every night.

LIONITUSofSPARTA
04-07-2015, 20:11
I've always believed if you find a problem at least come up with a solution.

Not sure why I thought there was a ranking system (earlier post), only the vote system to kick a player out either in the lobby or during a race. A player ranking system could be beneficial, but also has the potential to be abused/spammed. Perhaps it could be based on how many matches a player has been kicked out from votes. When a player joins a lobby, the host gets a toast saying "xxx player joined lobby with xx ratio of being kicked from matches", this leaves it up to the host whether or not to kick the player outright based on stats. Although now the lobby is depending on the host to paying attention. Most of the time I can tell if someone accidentally or deliberately caused crashes; most of the time it was accident but I've seen many pricks in games almost daily.

Or, having an avoidance system in place so that if I determine that someone is maliciously fouling the race, I can select their name and choose to avoid/block that player in future matches. Additionally being able to unblock that player in the future to amend accidental blocking. If I choose a match and that player is in it, a message comes up warning me that the lobby has a blocked player present "You are attempting to join a lobby that has a blocked player present, do you wish to continue?"; and vice versa if that player chooses a lobby that I am in - "You are currently blocked from joining this lobby due to player feedback".

TOPNOTCHED
05-07-2015, 09:32
Damage = Trolls every time! In public lobbies i don't care i want to race. I i get smashed i either Finnish the race if not too bad or quit and find another race.