PDA

View Full Version : 25hr bathurst track cars issues

Mattdiesel
01-07-2015, 22:51
A few issues 100% difficulty. I was 4-5 sec slower in practice and qualifying to find the 'auto tyre' choice was putting prime tyres on, changed to supper soft no problem we are competative qualify first buy .4 secs.

Go to the race and poor performance again no grip compared to the ai, restart and auto tyres had put prime tyres back on.

Restart race decided on 10% distance cause of time. Had a small lead after nearly half a tank but my tyres start going off so i start loosing time to the ai which setting the same times as when they started even though they would be on same worn tyres, then rain which cools my tyres and 0 grip so pit and select wet tyres leave the pit and my car will not go over 100 mph and tyres instantly over heat. Re-pit for intermediat tyres but same again 100mph and instantant tyre over heat. I remember that soft and prime were the only tyre choice on this car so guess prime is hard tyres so fit and leave pits but last on the grid after earlier issues with speed and tyres.

Restared the race after figuring pit stuff out but tyres again loose grip way before ai loose any they stay steady 2:16 laps and i end up 3-4 secs slower, change to hard (prime maybe) and pace is 5 secs of there pace.

Had to restart the race again at 70% difficulty on prime to have a close race. But when it starts raining i have no answer for the ai pace mostly from conrod straight around the start/finnish and back up the hill. After spending hours trying to do this race i just smashed the car up and retired cause can't even skip it.
Such a great game but getting annoyed with poor ai and uneven races, think might say goodbye to it when f1 is releaed and gt 7 next year.

Zeke Bewlay
02-07-2015, 10:33
This problem with AI and the wet is known reportedly fixed patch 2.0. Hope tyre and pit strategy addressed also

jimmyb_84
02-07-2015, 10:48
as pointed out should be fixed in latest patch.

And just for your info "prime" tyres only exists in F1 and BTCC every other series are quite capable of understanding compounds.

QPRLad
02-07-2015, 11:01
You were possibly put onto the hard compound because of the track temperature which meant the harder compound would have no issues getting to optimum temperature and would not degrade as fast as the soft tires. Probably the right call, I would say your tire choice is down to how fast the AI can drive, but they too are probably on hards. If you're racing them at 100% then its probably because they're just that much faster & consistent. To match the AI lap time you will need to use the softer compound for more grip resulting in more speed in the corners but for less laps. In the nicest way possible, perhaps swallow a bit of pride and just race on a lower AI setting, I have the AI on 70-80% most races & its great. You probably don't notice it so much in other races because they're not long enough.
I cant really answer the questions about the Rain/Intermediate tires, that probably is a bug. Same goes for the speed issue.

Mattdiesel
02-07-2015, 17:28
Cheers chaps look forward to patch 2.0.

Mattdiesel
02-07-2015, 17:34
You were possibly put onto the hard compound because of the track temperature which meant the harder compound would have no issues getting to optimum temperature and would not degrade as fast as the soft tires. Probably the right call, I would say your tire choice is down to how fast the AI can drive, but they too are probably on hards. If you're racing them at 100% then its probably because they're just that much faster & consistent. To match the AI lap time you will need to use the softer compound for more grip resulting in more speed in the corners but for less laps. In the nicest way possible, perhaps swallow a bit of pride and just race on a lower AI setting, I have the AI on 70-80% most races & its great. You probably don't notice it so much in other races because they're not long enough.
I cant really answer the questions about the Rain/Intermediate tires, that probably is a bug. Same goes for the speed issue.

Had it set too 100% cause the karts and caterhams were so easy even on 100% but do struggle on everything else but don't mind loosing as long as great races. Yeah i'll knock it back. Just really saying about the tyre choices that i couldn't have. Kumho prime and kimho supersoft are the only tyre choice in the bac mono i was driving

QPRLad
02-07-2015, 22:53
I see I see, some cars/classes are a bit bad like that. So was it wets, inters, primes & sorts?

Pappa_Stig
03-07-2015, 13:32
Bathurst seems a pretty bad track for AI and bugs too I've noticed. Doing Formula C at Bathurst, every time I went back to the pits during practice or quali, all of my set up went back to default, so I had to keep changing it back to what I wanted every single time. Stuffed up quali (my own fault), and just went into the race starting near the back. Right at the start, all the AI cars swerved violently all over the place, slamming the brakes on and hitting each other. Took me a few restarts to strike a balance between being careful enough and lucky enough to avoid them, and being quick enough to not get rear ended by the ones behind me. Then during the race, overtaking was very hit and miss. Sometimes the AI would behave themselves, and sometimes they'd just turn in on me, or cut across the grass to divebomb me, or just randomly swerve into the side of me.

Got very frustrating, as it seemed much better in the first two rounds (although the set up resetting every time I was in the pit happened at Sakitto too).

Mattdiesel
05-07-2015, 12:00
I see I see, some cars/classes are a bit bad like that. So was it wets, inters, primes & sorts?

Didn't know the tyre list cause such a large of cars who would know every cars indevidual tyre choice. Started raining so i came if for suspension damage and that is when i put inters then wets and then all as above it went wrong