PDA

View Full Version : Disable First Lap Collisions: YES

AllWorldThumbs
02-07-2015, 04:22
Hi.

This topic is to discuss if you think disabling first lap collisions would improve PCARS multiplayer?

The first lap of every race should begin with the cars in their "JUST RESET TO TRACK STATE"

Once all players cross the start/finish line the cars become solid as usual.

I think this would give the best drivers time to break away from the pack leaving the people who cause turn 1 carnage to keep it to themselves.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!?

jason
02-07-2015, 04:26
I vote NO

Deadzone
02-07-2015, 04:37
No.

t0daY
02-07-2015, 04:41
ehm NO?!?!

bc525
02-07-2015, 04:43
No. It just seems like that encourages bad racing habits. How about we expect players to race cleanly through the first corner and for the entire first lap and for every lap after that? You know, let's "Aim High" instead of constantly making compromises to accommodate players that crash other players.

AllWorldThumbs
02-07-2015, 05:11
I am presenting this as an alternative to what you guys are talking about.

Sure.

I am all for everyone getting better at PCARS. But don't you think TURN 1 CHOAS is turning people away from multiplayer?

If we provide a way for people to avoid that, I think more people could enjoy online mode. I understand the reasons not to have it as the only mode.

I am merely suggesting disabling first lap collision as a multiplayer option to improve player experience. Specifically the average player who is not skilled to avoid first lap carnage 100% of the time.

t0daY
02-07-2015, 05:16
I am presenting this as an alternative to what you guys are talking about.

Sure.

I am all for everyone getting better at PCARS. But don't you think TURN 1 CHOAS is turning people away from multiplayer?

If we provide a way for people to avoid that, I think more people could enjoy online mode. I understand the reasons not to have it as the only mode.

I am merely suggesting disabling first lap collision as a multiplayer option to improve player experience. Specifically the average player who is not skilled to avoid first lap carnage 100% of the time.

After your logic, you could turn collision completly off because in every lap, every corner can happen something. The no collision effect would destroy the simulation aspect...

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 10:44
^^This. A big NO from me too.

NemethR
02-07-2015, 10:55
NO, I think this is a bad idea.

blowfishrulez
02-07-2015, 10:59
There is no technology available to make up for incompetence. Kick/Ban wreckers. Restart Race. Done.

F2kSel
02-07-2015, 11:00
NO, it will only encourage people to drive flat out even more in when it's disabled (back to normal) and then claim it was an accident as they thought ghost was enabled.

Besides I usually gain most of my places in turn one by staying out of the mess.

AllWorldThumbs
02-07-2015, 17:03
Okay.

I get it. You guys are playing on PC. You can't kick/ban and restart race on PS4. If you can, I have yet to see it in practice.

On PS4, I think the sim racing crowd is a bit more casual...

For example:
I think many players enter rooms on PRO difficulty, and don't realize they are on pro difficulty until the race starts. I am not sure what the lobbies are like on PC, but I assume they are better than what we have on consoles.

You can't even name lobbies on PS4. The name of the lobby is just the name of the user who created it.

I can totally understand PC gamers being competent enough where Turn 1 is not an issue.

THE PS4 Community struggles mightily with turn 1 and would benefit from No First Lap Collisions.

AllWorldThumbs
02-07-2015, 17:06
After your logic, you could turn collision completly off because in every lap, every corner can happen something. The no collision effect would destroy the simulation aspect...

@t0daY

No. I am merely trying to eliminate the crashes that happen in early turns. If someone is going to ram me off the track, they probably aren't good enough to keep up with me the whole lap. So I am proposing a solution to let all players distance themselves from RAMMERS.

The idea is that once the field spreads out, it's likely the RAMMERS have already spun off the track, or have fallen so far behind they are not going to mess up my race. Of course there is always the chance I get hit when lapping a car, but all of those things are more avoidable than the first lap/turn carnage that happens in about half of my PS4 races.

cudirage13
02-07-2015, 17:39
Yes for public No for private.

xautos
02-07-2015, 18:05
Hi.

This topic is to discuss if you think disabling first lap collisions would improve PCARS multiplayer?

The first lap of every race should begin with the cars in their "JUST RESET TO TRACK STATE"

Once all players cross the start/finish line the cars become solid as usual.

I think this would give the best drivers time to break away from the pack leaving the people who cause turn 1 carnage to keep it to themselves.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!?

aboslutely not.

why? because if there was ghost mode on lap 1 there would be no competition. a driver who qualified in 8th on the grid and is 2 second slower and ended up with a great start and lead from 3rd place, others would have to find a way to overtake that driver. that driver who made that excellent start should be rewarded with it and others need to do the business of overtaking that driver, as racing competition would demand.

also what happens to racers who cross the line the same time in the same spot on the track when the ghost mode oflines? then what?

madmax2069
02-07-2015, 18:41
No, just no. No ghosting period.

AllWorldThumbs
02-07-2015, 18:58
also what happens to racers who cross the line the same time in the same spot on the track when the ghost mode oflines? then what?

This can already happen in the game- exiting pits. reset to track with more than 1 driver.

it's not a problem.

I think you guys are misunderstanding me.

This game already has assists...

I am talking about adding an assist that would make the racing easier for newcomers.

You guys are acting as if this game is 100% sim with no options catering to casuals. In reality this game has numerous casual options. I am simply suggesting one.

Have you ever raced on a public lobby in Monaco with damage on?

Do that. PLZ!

Then come tell me how much you don't want ghosting.

Monaco is unplayable in public lobbies with damage because your race is over at any one of the major turns. if we had ghosting, the idiots would crash out early, giving you space to race.

I understand that at some point you may run across a slower car, but at least that is after you have completed a clean lap. I am just trying to REDUCE 1ST LAP carnage.

I AGREE 100%
that this would limit the reward for good qualifying.

HOWEVER...

in most of my public lobby races only 5 out of 16 drivers are even able to set a lap time.

I am envious of all the clean racing you guys are having. It seems PC is the way to play.

diesel97
02-07-2015, 19:01
I think you guys are misunderstanding me.

This game already has assists...

I am talking about adding an assist that would make the racing easier for newcomers.

You guys are acting as if this game is 100% sim with no options catering to casuals. In reality this game has numerous casual options. I am simply suggesting one.

Have you ever raced on a public lobby in Monaco with damage on?

Do that. PLZ!

Then come tell me how much you don't want ghosting.

Monaco is unplayable in public lobbies with damage because your race is over at any one of the major turns. if we had ghosting, the idiots would crash out early, giving you space to race.

I understand that at some point you may run across a slower car, but at least that is after you have completed a clean lap. I am just trying to REDUCE 1ST LAP carnage.

I AGREE 100%
that this would limit the reward for good qualifying.

HOWEVER...

in most of my public lobby races only 5 out of 16 drivers are even able to set a lap time.

I am envious of all the clean racing you guys are having. It seems PC is the way to play.

Maybe you can help your case if you give a name of a game that does this .
sorry wrong person

xautos
02-07-2015, 19:35
This can already happen in the game- exiting pits. reset to track with more than 1 driver.

it's not a problem.

you misunderstand, if that type of situation happens, you cant punish one driver for another by resetting them with the inside line to the first turn. and you cant put them behind or in front as one would have an advantage over the other.

the point i am getting at is when there is a moment of lag or one braked sooner then the other or tried to drive out of the other, would a massive accident between both cars happen? and what happens if they both drove the exact same spot or close to it all race and can pass through other racers because the ghost mode was not disabled for either?

DoctorKajita
02-07-2015, 20:50
No, it defeats the purpose of racing.

creepyd
02-07-2015, 22:00
Definitely no ghosting.
PCars has brought a lot of new people to racing (I'm one of them) - give them time to learn.
It took me a fair few races to 'dial in' how much earlier I need to brake when following people at various speeds, I'm still not entirely there after many hours racing online, but good enough to be on someone's gearbox for a few laps without hitting them.

After a while players still playing should have grasped it and the percentage of newcomers will be a low steady stream.
Deliberate rammers should be banned or got bored and moved on to something else too.

danpinho
03-07-2015, 02:41
No, bad and ARCADE idea