PDA

View Full Version : Request pit stop?

Lagoa
02-07-2015, 11:00
I don't have this buttom assigned. I just drive into pits everytime... Without requesting one.
Is there a difference if you request it first?? Maybe they are faster then?? Or no difference at all in just driving into the pitlane?

wraithsrike
02-07-2015, 11:02
You may find at times the pit is occupied if you don't request a stop, if so that can waste a lot of time and cost you the race.

Lagoa
02-07-2015, 11:15
You may find at times the pit is occupied if you don't request a stop, if so that can waste a lot of time and cost you the race.

Oh... really? Didn't know this. You mean if someone on your team is in the pit stop or something? And you have to wait then? Or are you unable to enter the pit at all then?

Alan Dallas
02-07-2015, 11:20
The Request Pitstop button is also used to call the AI driver back in if you Swapped drivers with the AI. Just don't forget to hit Swap drivers again after the AI returns to the pits. Otherwise you won't get your seat back from it.

wraithsrike
02-07-2015, 11:24
Oh... really? Didn't know this. You mean if someone on your team is in the pit stop or something? And you have to wait then? Or are you unable to enter the pit at all then?

You just get sent back out of the pit ( very slowly) then have to pit again.

Lagoa
02-07-2015, 11:33
Mmmh. Ok I understand. Never happened to me yet.. Anyways, not easy assigning all buttons...

wraithsrike
02-07-2015, 11:45
I just set mine to left toggle push.

bulls23
06-04-2018, 06:53

That's what I thought too and I have been using the pit request button from day one. Yesterday I had to find out it only warns you I somebody is already in the pits, no matter when you requested your stop. We had a race at Knockhill, 12 cars, 6 boxes. I requested my pit stop just at the beginning of the lap I wanted to pit in, only a hew seconds before entering the pits I get the warning about the box being occupied (I didn't see it immediately because of pit limiter and enterijg the pits). Basically the guy I was sharing the box with, simply entered without requesting his stop i the first place (I asked him...never uses pit stop request) and got served first. I guess first comes first serve...and that's is fair enough...but what is the pit request button then for? I would have guesses it kind of "reserves" my box for that lap, the moment I request it and somebody not requesting would be send out. Here you can see the situation (and me almost throwing all my sim racing stuff out the window):

http://youtu.be/pGnVqrDsF-o?t=1h29m43s

Has anybody a clear insight on how box sharing, requesting and boxing actually is supposed to work?

Edit: I just realized, this is the old section of the forums...I was using PCARS 2

Sessionerror
06-04-2018, 07:14
@bulls23, could you give the exact timestamp of the incident in your video? ;)