PDA

View Full Version : 980Ti Low FPS and odd nvlddmkm error

Skynet5
02-07-2015, 14:31
I've got my self a shiny new 980ti...but I'm getting lowish FPS, sometimes down into the 70% range going through parts of the track, and on other sections it seems fine and hits 98%.

Any ideas?

I'm also getting the odd nvlddmkm error, its dissappeared abit since the latest hotfix...but just happened again today.

Any ideas?

no command line options.

vsync off

no frame capping

16GB ram

x79 3820 platform.

TrevorAustin
02-07-2015, 14:34
need loads more info than that.

Full system spec, Vsync or any frame capping on or off, all graphical settings, launch command line options?

flymar
02-07-2015, 14:38
I've got my self a shiny new 980ti...but I'm getting lowish FPS, sometimes down into the 70% range going through parts of the track, and on other sections it seems fine and hits 98%.

Any ideas?

I'm also getting the odd nvlddmkm error, its dissappeared abit since the latest hotfix...but just happened again today.

Any ideas?

With bluescreen...?
This error is haunting me for some time. And was the reason of the premature death of my previous GTX550Ti.
There is one major internet solution for this (google here) but it didn't work in my case.
I suggest downloading all optional windows updates. That helped me greatly. Now in heavy games I have occasional sound stutter (restart machine fast of it will froze). I've updated cooling but it still happens sometimes.

Aldo Zampatti
02-07-2015, 14:51
Post Screen shot of Options/Visual/Performance in game so we can help you tweak those.

Just in case, DON'T go everything Ultra, it can easily kill a Titan X

Skynet5
02-07-2015, 15:31
With bluescreen...?
This error is haunting me for some time. And was the reason of the premature death of my previous GTX550Ti.
There is one major internet solution for this (google here) but it didn't work in my case.
I suggest downloading all optional windows updates. That helped me greatly. Now in heavy games I have occasional sound stutter (restart machine fast of it will froze). I've updated cooling but it still happens sometimes.

No bluescreen. Just a soft driver crash and back to desktop..

I'm on the latest .38 drivers.

flymar
02-07-2015, 20:38
No bluescreen. Just a soft driver crash and back to desktop..

I'm on the latest .38 drivers.
That is the best site I found about the problem
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/