PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting it

Kaladin
02-07-2015, 16:29
I started playing this game the day it came out, but due to ya know... having a family I just cannot play it as much as I would like sometimes (always wait till the kiddos are actually in bed). So here and there I do some time trials and hope to best one of my friends, or do a quick race maybe. I had started a career and just didn't care for it, so I restarted. Well I have managed to bump the AI to only about 75% and I am doing like 40% race length (ya know the time thing) and in GT3 class I just couldn't make it to the end of the race without 1 big screw up and finish just off the podium. So here is the meat of this. Last night after my house fell asleep (8pm, wow so early) I fired up an endurance career and still doing 40% length and 75% AI I felt myself really start to get it about 40 mins into the run, and the last 25 mins went super fast as I just started clicking for me. I was doing Watkins Glen in LMP2 class and was doing a consistent 1:40... not great by any means, my fast lap was a 1:38.8 but past that I was consistent in my laps.

I was so excited after my race I headed over to free run at Monza in a few different GT3 cars and they all felt so much better. The only difference was my time behind the wheel. I am very happy to have had the time to practice all in 1 shot to actually notice the difference.

So thanks to everyone who has made this game awesomesauce (yes new word) and everyone who has helped with giving feedback at any point. As I continue to get better I will be looking forward to being able to be competitive in online and not an accident waiting to happen. :)

Thanks everyone,

Kal

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:35
If you keep trying the GT3 you are in serious risk of get addicted. They are so much fun. The Z4 is raw, powerful fun. The Bentley is just hot, fast, mad. The Mercedes SLS is german enginering at it's best, precise, angry. The Audi R8 LMS Ultra have one of the best sounds of the game. The mclaren C12 GT3 is just perfect. The Ruf RGT-8 GT3 is a handful but you can't get enough of it. The Ginetta G55 has the charisma, it's the lone wolf. The BMW M3 GT is fast, consistent and very stable.

I race them with 110 FOV cockpit view, it's so much immersion. I love it.

Kaladin
02-07-2015, 16:40
If you keep trying the GT3 you are in serious risk of get addicted. They are so much fun. The Z4 is raw, powerful fun. The Bentley is just hot, fast, mad. The Mercedes SLS is german enginering at it's best, precise, angry. The Audi R8 LMS Ultra have one of the best sounds of the game. The mclaren C12 GT3 is just perfect. The Ruf RGT-8 GT3 is a handful but you can't get enough of it. The Ginetta G55 has the charisma, it's the lone wolf. The BMW M3 GT is fast, consistent and very stable.

I am way addicted to GT3 already, of my 40 or so hours driving I have probably 30 in those cars. I am the best with the BMW M3 GT, but as you said its so stable and consistent. I do find myself loving the Ruf and now that I feel more condifent after last nights race, might drive it more. I do also find myself like the AMG but I dislike the view from inside it a little :/

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:41
I am way addicted to GT3 already, of my 40 or so hours driving I have probably 30 in those cars. I am the best with the BMW M3 GT, but as you said its so stable and consistent. I do find myself loving the Ruf and now that I feel more condifent after last nights race, might drive it more. I do also find myself like the AMG but I dislike the view from inside it a little :/

Play a little with the FOV, with 110 I find the merc gorgeous.

maurice-pascale
02-07-2015, 16:52

i cant get enough of the audi r8 lms ultra....what an sound, absolute amazing!!!!! I agree with the best sound in the game :D

Ally_bassman
02-07-2015, 16:55

You've forgotten the mighty Aston Martin Vantage v12! Probably the best sounding car in the game IMO.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 16:56
You've forgotten the mighty Aston Martin Vantage v12! Probably the best sounding car in the game IMO.

Honest mistake
True, great car, the fastest in my opinion, I don't race much with it but I really like it.

Kaladin
02-07-2015, 17:01

Indeed a great car, I find myself behind the wheel of that now and again. Usually I am piloting an Audi or BMW however. Those 2 cars or my favorite ATM, might change tho as I do love the RUF, just a hard beast to tame is all.

Kal

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 17:04
Indeed a great car, I find myself behind the wheel of that now and again. Usually I am piloting an Audi or BMW however. Those 2 cars or my favorite ATM, might change tho as I do love the RUF, just a hard beast to tame is all.

Kal

It's because it have a little, again heavy, ass. :D You should try the Bentley Continental GT3, what a mean modafoca.

Kaladin
02-07-2015, 17:32
It's because it have a little, again heavy, ass. :D You should try the Bentley Continental GT3, what a mean modafoca.

I have and being the American that I am, I have a very big dislike for anything right hand drive..... It is truly my downfall in the game :(

Kal

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 17:35
I have and being the American that I am, I have a very big dislike for anything right hand drive..... It is truly my downfall in the game :(

Kal

Yeah, it's quite awkward at first. I got used to it , the sound is so inebriating that I couldn't resist. At first I used the backseat cam to feel the car, but after few laps I was good to go back to the cockpit view.

Brooksmeister13
02-07-2015, 17:43
I've been meaning to try the other GT3s but there is just something about that Aston in it's Gulf, err, Rapa Olio livery that keeps me addicted to it.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 17:45
I've been meaning to try the other GT3s but there is just something about that Aston in it's Gulf, err, Rapa Olio livery that keeps me addicted to it.

Yeah, the green livery with the british flag in the wing gives me goosebumps

MrFlibble81
02-07-2015, 18:43
I love the Aston Martin! It does depend on what track I'm racing on though. If it's a quick track like Monza then I'll use the Aston all day but if it's more of a twisty track like Laguna Seca then I'll take the McLaren. But I like many others am highly addicted to GT3! lol.

Kal

Try moving from the UK to the USA! Everything [car wise] is weird! Steering wheels on the wrong side, driving on the wrong side of the road. Being able to turn right on a red light, it's all weird but you get used to it. :cool:

Olijke Poffer
02-07-2015, 18:56
Yeah same for me. I love the GT3 cars. Although the open wheels I also like to drive with...

Mellowyellow
02-07-2015, 19:22
All the GT3 cars are awesome. It's a steep learning curve though. Would be boring if it was too easy. I'm only competitive on 4 tracks which I've practiced. It's a great feeling when you start to master chosen track/car. You start posting times that you thought was impossible when first played.

Flaw3dGenius
02-07-2015, 19:30
Play a little with the FOV, with 110 I find the merc gorgeous.

Surly a 110 FOV you see more roof, wheel and legs/pedals than you do windscreen?

xautos
02-07-2015, 19:38
i prefer gt3 cars over the faster lmps and formula cars. you dont need hyper reactions almost every second, the car is more easy to control, even without any aids. its a slower ride and it provides a lot of fun :p

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 21:08
Surly a 110 FOV you see more roof, wheel and legs/pedals than you do windscreen?

Yes, but I don't mind, One day I went to a Mall in São Paulo and there was one Team Brazil's Z4 GT3 in display, I was allowed to seat on it and the view was very similar, so I like it. And I use a huge TV very close, so still pretty big windscreens.

yopp90
02-07-2015, 22:45
Had this kind of moment today, I have about 50 hours on the game but I'm no where near being "good". I went into a online match and qualified second, I took first and held it for the whole race, my first time doing so and being consistent without messing up at all, man that felt good.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 22:47
Had this kind of moment today, I have about 50 hours on the game but I'm no where near being "good". I went into a online match and qualified second, I took first and held it for the whole race, my first time doing so and being consistent without messing up at all, man that felt good.

Yeah, it's awesome. :D:D