PDA

View Full Version : (Somewhat off topic) Do racing drivers have to pay for the stuff the crash into?

snipeme77
02-07-2015, 17:09
Do racing/rally drivers have to pay for the stuff the crash into?

xautos
02-07-2015, 17:28

see crashtor. He brings substantial personal backing from a state owned oil company in venezuela, he races in lotus renault today and over his few years in formula 1 hes had 24 retirements, a lot higher then most good drivers would have over their entire career on average. 5 races this year hes practically done some damage to his car or destroyed it in some fashion. frankly i doubt that all of his sponsorship money can cover the amount of damage and trouble he gets into each season. in gp2 he was a menace there as well about half the races he was involved in over 4 seasons he had retirements in those, its a miracle he even won the gp2 title in 2010!

on occasion Pastor has shown the odd bit of brilliance and speed like that spanish gp a few years back, his next best result in a race is 5th place in 2012 which he has yet to beat since. interestingly enough his best ever season result was the italian FR 2.0 in 2004 where he picked up 8 wins in 17 races and 4 additional podiums, and thats besides the gp2 title.

i would say that his personal sponsor over the years had to recover the massive costs of maldonados accidents.

im thinking more seriously the team takes the hit, but these things are expensive to make and keep.

marcdxn
02-07-2015, 18:25
on most track days you have to pay if you need to be recovered or damage barriers i believe.
I remember skipping over a recovery fee for oulton park

NemethR
02-07-2015, 18:28

NO.

Every race you enter will have an Insurance for these situations, the Insurance is part of the entry fee, and covers potential damage you cause to objects, property, etc.

At least this is how in my country works.

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 18:32
Moved to Off-Topic.

jimmyb_84
02-07-2015, 21:03
NO.

Every race you enter will have an Insurance for these situations, the Insurance is part of the entry fee, and covers potential damage you cause to objects, property, etc.

At least this is how in my country works.

As above but it would also depend in what championship you refer too? if you are a club racer you would have to pay but most others no....

chig88
04-07-2015, 21:16
on most track days you have to pay if you need to be recovered or damage barriers i believe.
I remember skipping over a recovery fee for oulton park

Man talk about insult to injury! I can see the reasoning behind having to pay for recovery, but surely the fee you pay to use the track should cover any damage to barriers.

sp3ctor
07-12-2017, 23:40
No... or at least I know that’s the case at NASCAR tracks.