PDA

View Full Version : quick question

MrFlibble81
03-07-2015, 02:20
Wasn't sure whether to posts this here or in the multiplayer threads, so feel free to move this if you want mods.

In multiplayer, when I search for a game, does it just search in my country only or is it worldwide or what?

Reason I ask is that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people playing, IIjust searched for a lobby just now and I found plenty of lobbies but most only had 3 or 4 players in them which doesn't seem like very many to me. Particularly if it searches worldwide.

CeeBee2001
03-07-2015, 10:04
Wasn't sure whether to posts this here or in the multiplayer threads, so feel free to move this if you want mods.

In multiplayer, when I search for a game, does it just search in my country only or is it worldwide or what?

Reason I ask is that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people playing, IIjust searched for a lobby just now and I found plenty of lobbies but most only had 3 or 4 players in them which doesn't seem like very many to me. Particularly if it searches worldwide.

I don't know if this is still the case but it used to depend on your location in Steam settings. It would search for nearby players to minimise the chance of low ping rates.

Bealdor
03-07-2015, 10:06
I don't know if this is still the case but it used to depend on your location in Steam settings. It would search for nearby players to minimise the chance of low ping rates.

He's on PS4 mate. ;)

Edit: Moved to PS4 Technical Support subforum.

Fong74
03-07-2015, 10:12
You can set a filter for the lobby search. Check out what you have set there atm.

MrFlibble81
03-07-2015, 11:50
You can set a filter for the lobby search. Check out what you have set there atm.

What I can filter by location? Never noticed that before, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!!

Fong74
03-07-2015, 12:00
Not location I think. But some other filters are there... My hint was just concerning your issue with finding only few online lobbies. Maybe your filters are too strict or contain values that lead to unwanted result sets.

Pink_650S
03-07-2015, 12:42
I think the public lobbies will be decreasing over time, that just seems logical to me, since this a very niche game for a dedicated playerbase.
Most of the people who are serious about Project Cars, are in leagues, championships or groups with like-minded players. Thats how this game is meant to be approached imho.
And l dont think that'll change, maybe when new DLCs drop, the "casual" Project Cars-Player will give the game another go.

Fong74
03-07-2015, 12:46
I think thats right. All my online contacts/friends on PS4 who I race with use private lobbies only. We all tried a public lobby after launch here and then, but you know....if you like to race, thats not the place to find satisfaction :p

MrFlibble81
04-07-2015, 01:08
Yeah you're probably right. I however don't really have the time to commit to a league or anything Luke that. I have a few people on my friends list who play but not many.

Feel free to add me if you want. I'm probably not the fastest racer in the world but I do race clean.

PSN -MrFlibble81