PDA

View Full Version : lack of people on line to play with.

fitz the viking
03-07-2015, 07:45
I try to join a lobby, i click multiplayer and i regularly have no more than 3-10 races to choose from. no filters set. I have a bitching internet connection and a half decent pc. I am sure there are more than 32 people in the world trying to play this game. I know people are going to say well get some friends then, sorry dont want em, i just want to roll the dice and see if i get a good lobby or a bad one. i generally stay for one race, then change class of cars.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094890303/screenshots/?appid=234630&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall typical of what i see.

any ideas anyone?

-IGN- Spinster
03-07-2015, 12:19
I know in the older game versions prior to the last update we had to go into Steam settings to change local downloads to view lobbies of different countries. Do you have the latest game update installed?

F2kSel
03-07-2015, 15:35
I thought that if there were only a few lobbies that it would now search for lobbies in other regions or have I miss read that.

fitz the viking
03-07-2015, 15:37
i havent checked. does it not update automatically?

fitzsteve
03-07-2015, 16:10
Were only 4 lobbies this morning when I went on so I created my own and it filled up reasonably quickly.

Will have to check later. I just assumed everyone was out enjoying the sunshine :)

centurian
03-07-2015, 16:49
Not been able to run the game long enough without a crash to get online :mad:

fitzsteve
03-07-2015, 18:15
Not been able to run the game long enough without a crash to get online :mad:

Updated your Graphics Drivers?

lifeofbrian
03-07-2015, 19:16
I always get at least 30 servers maybe you have Universal Plug and Play checked/un-checked on your router? Or maybe you live in a weird time zone.

fitz the viking
06-07-2015, 06:31
i have tried unplugging the router. Graphics drivers are up to date. steam this morning says there are only 415 people in game, no where near the amount of people i was expecting to be online. Hey ho. The timezones might be the answer though, i do like playing well into the early morning when getting ready for nights. not many people want to race at 4am.

gpk99
06-07-2015, 06:59
wow Centurian...first thing i would check is...if all your """system""" drivers are up to date....the INTEL system drivers....then check your BIOS driver and if they have not been updated then update those(very easy to do that now with 0 per cent hassle). It's hard to believe you are having such trouble with this...with such a great PC. Almost mind-boggling.
someone had the same issues on another forum with this game....He came back later on to say he had solved the issue..he had his video card installed in the wrong PCIe slot. (true story)

xautos
06-07-2015, 07:04
wow Centurian...first thing i would check is...if all your """system""" drivers are up to date....the INTEL system drivers....then check your BIOS driver and if they have not been updated then update those(very easy to do that now with 0 per cent hassle). It's hard to believe you are having such trouble with this...with such a great PC. Almost mind-boggling.

could be any number of reasons why the computer is crashing, if you get the dreaded BSOD it can tell you what the problem is generally if you record the STOP code and look it up afterwards. it could be the cpu is overheating and the thermal paste wasnt applied between the cpu and fan. whatever the issue is, its not always software thats the culprit.