PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 gamepad (dualshock 4) settings

Felix248
03-07-2015, 10:31
Is there any plans to further tune them or should i look for settings online?

Steering is too sensitive and the settings are quite hard to understand atm.

danowat
03-07-2015, 10:37
What problems are you having?.

For starters, I would like to see us being able to reduce the sensitivity further (say -100)

Deadzone
03-07-2015, 12:19
The sensitivity settings are not really changing the overall sensitivity but instead change the linearity of the inputs. 50 is neutral linearity, 0 will make the inside less sensitive and the outside more sensitive to inputs and a setting of 100 will be the opposite.
The exception to this is speed sensitivity which will reduce the steering lock at speed with a higher setting.

Rambo_Commando
03-07-2015, 13:24
Is there any plans to further tune them or should i look for settings online?

Steering is too sensitive and the settings are quite hard to understand atm.

I actually use the DS4 and I find the game quite enjoyable. You just have to find the right setting for YOU. If sensitivity is your issue then I suggest using controller mode 3. Then tweak things like speed sensitivity, steering sensitivity, steering dead zone and control filtering. Remember tweak one setting at a time and keep TC, SC and ABS on until you get the hand of things. Also note that with mode 3, you will lose up to a second a lap because you have have to slow down quite a bit on chicanes as the transition is real slow. After a month I switched to mode 2 with the same settings for thing like steering/speed sensitivity, deadzone, etc...and my lap times got a lot better.

Hope this helps

Nosveinscrx
03-07-2015, 18:21
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21864-Dualshock-4-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions/page8 look at post #78, reading that helped me tremendously. I would look at other peoples set ups and quick race and if i didn't like it id find another.