PDA

View Full Version : Track blocking pile ups

kackle85
03-07-2015, 16:52
I read here that the issue at azure coast has been fixed for next patch. I recently ran into this same problem at monza short track. Any idea if this issue will be fixed at all tracks?

kackle85
03-07-2015, 17:01
Great game by the way but this one problem is affecting my enjoyment quite a bit at the moment.

Thanks

kackle85
06-07-2015, 14:46
Sorry to bump this but maybe my question wasn't clear. I have been do one off races recently and at multiple tracks the AI will crash and there will be a pile up that literally every car on the track other than myself gets stuck in. At times it's bad enough that the race can't continue because even i cant get through the blockage. Am i the only one experiencing this?

Thanks

Schnizz58
06-07-2015, 15:13
No, it's a known problem I think. The big problem areas seem to be the chicane on Monza Short and the hairpins at Monaco. I haven't seen it anywhere else but there are still a lot of tracks I haven't gotten to yet.

MrFlibble81
06-07-2015, 15:58
I saw this yesterday at the short Monza track. Almost every car crashed and stopped at the chicane making it impossible to get through. I have restarts turned off so I was forced to just exit the game and reload.

kackle85
07-07-2015, 02:01
Unfortunately this issue was not fixed by patch 2.0 on PS4.

kackle85
17-07-2015, 17:30
Any official word on this issue? I would love to be able to do a race at Monaco or Monza Short with a decent sized grid.

Thanks

Doug914
17-07-2015, 17:46
It's fixed for next major patch (don't think it made the PC 2.5 patch).I wasn't track specific, but session. It was practice and qualifying, the AI was giving up trying to back out of being stuck. If this was happeneing during a race, let me know

MrFlibble81
17-07-2015, 17:48
When it happened to me it was during a career race.

kackle85
17-07-2015, 18:17
It's fixed for next major patch (don't think it made the PC 2.5 patch).I wasn't track specific, but session. It was practice and qualifying, the AI was giving up trying to back out of being stuck. If this was happeneing during a race, let me know

Yes during "solo" mode on PS4. On both tracks the track was getting blocked 100% of the time each race. Sometimes it would take a few laps other times it was right off the get go. I could complete races with 20 or less AI cars but any more than that it the AI blocked the track at some point during the race. Car used at both tracks was the Ford Sierra FYI.

Thanks Again

kackle85
17-07-2015, 18:33
When I say blocked I mean the AI cannot progress. I can usually find a hole to squeeze through but there is no point since I am the only car left driving.

MrFlibble81
17-07-2015, 19:34
When it happened to me even the ai couldn't get through. The only solution was to ram my way through but even that only worked once because eventually the ai were all stuck between the walls and couldn't move anywhere.

It only ever happened once though.

bc525
17-07-2015, 20:55
I had the AI cars piling up during a career race at Monza Short Track. It was a two class event (I think I was in the little Renault car of the 'lower' class) with 30 cars total, and the AI cars were sliding out, colliding with each other, and getting stuck at the final chicane before the start/finish straight. It never got so bad that I couldn't wiggle my way through, but it was definitely a real mess.

kackle85
19-08-2015, 14:33
I am happy to report that this issue has been fixed with patch 3.0. Well......almost. Cars still pile up at the chicane from time to time but they no longer are stuck there for the remainder of the race. It is now fun to race at Monza Short.