PDA

View Full Version : I really wanted to like the game, but...

Fromnevernever
03-07-2015, 22:47
So.

I need to tell you guys I'm really wanting to like this game. It has most of what I desire in simulation racing games, with the added plus of great graphics and physics.

But why do I WANT to like the game and not actually like it?

Well, it is simple. The game has major flaws in the simplest things. Things that even arcade racing games do not flaw on.

The most important ones, I'm listing below:
1) AI is above the rules
Really. No cutting corners, no needing to stop in mandatory pit stops races. It happened too many times already for the AI to let the pit stop happen at the last lap and win the race in the pits. I tried to copy it and I was disqualified. I wish the same had happened to the AI drivers. The AI can even bump you out of the track and YOU get the penalty. They can even pass you using the grass without losing grip/speed. I'm only at AI 70%... come on! No cheating!

2) Penalty system is VERY unbalanced
Going out of the track is known to be a way of trying to improve your lap times. Some people exaggerate and get punished. And I'm totally fine with that.
But, if you spin in a curve and go out of the track, guess what? You were NOT trying to cut a corner to reduce your lap time! You already have the penalty of doing the wrong thing and losing positions in the race, but added to that you also cannot account for that lap? And it gets worse: if this happens close to the finish lap, you miss the current AND the next lap! Even if, as stated above, the AI bumped you out of the track. You get the penalty for being "cheated" from the AI. Very fair.

Many people will feel the urge to call me "casual", "noob", and whatever. But tell me you've never faced the issues described above? At least once it may have happened! Also, please, don't tell me to turn off the penalties or reduce the AI %. I don't want an arcade game! I want a simulation! But I what I want is a FAIR simulation.

Unfortunately I cannot return the game to the retailer as the "return period" is gone. I maybe had hopes the game would be fixed within a month or two. But so far, all of what I notice is that the developers don't really care about the customers. Everybody is complaining about the same things and week, after week, after week of waiting for a patch and nothing happens.

And believe me: this game has so much potential! Don't let it fall under the "almost" category. :dispirited:

Oh, and please stop talking about PC2. You still need to finish PC1! This game is not yet finished! It seems absurd, but I need to ask you: Would you mind finishing the product I've bought, please? Would you mind coping it with the real life so that it can still be called SIMULATION?

I have no idea if you guys are going to read this or if this "rant" is simply going to be ignored/deleted. I just felt the urge to write this today and I really hope you take this as constructive criticism. This is not an empty rant: I'm just trying to exercise my customer rights of demanding a finished product for what I've paid.

Sorry about the long post. All the best.

Ian Bell
03-07-2015, 23:04
Contrary to what you might read in some areas of the internets, we don't ignore or delete anyone giving constructive criticism without abuse or well worked passive aggression.

I can tell you that your main points of concern are largely fixed in the upcoming patch.

I can also tell you the patch will be along in some days.

jason
03-07-2015, 23:06
Mate I think we all feel or have felt some of the frustration you are experiencing, there are problems that are being looked at and fixed as the days pass 3 patches for PC 2 for console so far ....... Many more to come ..... With lots of graphical upgrades also e.g pit crews and better weather effects and so on .

The point is that I know how you feel , if you have a love for Motorsport and enjoy the game in portions in its current state as I do you will just have to be patient and let the devs fix the problems to the best of there ability ,
Which I believe will happen and we will have a super game on our hands.
All of the things you mentioned have been noted and are being looked at bud.
as for pcars 2 they have to move forward as that's the norm for game company's .

They will not stop working on the current product as it would be detrimental to the next .

Keep your copy jump on every patch release , you will be surprised.

Sproket
03-07-2015, 23:28
Contrary to what you might read in some areas of the internets, we don't ignore or delete anyone giving constructive criticism without abuse or well worked passive aggression.

I can tell you that your main points of concern are largely fixed in the upcoming patch.

I appreciate your unflappable optimism Mr Bell and do long for 2.0 patch. I absolutely love PC. The immersion, graphics and physics. "With this game you have spoiled
us Ambassador".
Most of the issues raised in OP can and should be rectified very soon. The next lap exclusion should only apply on last corner downright cheating line. And the AI need to take a chill pill or overtake me properly. It's like they've taken a leaf out of the online crashers guide.
But just answer me one question? Does the FFB need rewriting completely or can it be fixed with further patches. Because that is the only issue your hardworking, valued development team are being a little cagey about. Is it various manufactures that are unable/ unwilling to honour their claims and beliefs in their product? Do we need to purchase a 5000 wheel to utilise the best of your program with rock solid stability, precision and accountability.
I only ask because (well you've heard it all before).
I personally think WMD & SMS have blown a hole right through these supposedly mid to high end wheels?
Have you guys managed to put pressure on the manufacturers to atleast try and address the issue instead of this ostracising in which we've become so accustomed to?
The blame game is so tedious.
Thanks again for a wicked game that I'm properly addicted too.
P.S. How many are "some days"?

Fromnevernever
04-07-2015, 00:04
Mate I think we all feel or have felt some of the frustration you are experiencing, there are problems that are being looked at and fixed as the days pass 3 patches for PC 2 for console so far ....... Many more to come ..... With lots of graphical upgrades also e.g pit crews and better weather effects and so on .

The point is that I know how you feel , if you have a love for Motorsport and enjoy the game in portions in its current state as I do you will just have to be patient and let the devs fix the problems to the best of there ability ,
Which I believe will happen and we will have a super game on our hands.
All of the things you mentioned have been noted and are being looked at bud.
as for pcars 2 they have to move forward as that's the norm for game company's .

They will not stop working on the current product as it would be detrimental to the next .

Keep your copy jump on every patch release , you will be surprised.

First of all let me thank you for the prompt response. I'm taking a deep breath and calming down to wait for the further patches you mention. Now I'm finally feeling appreciated and listened.

I understand no Company lives off a single game and needs to keep the gears turning, but I also think you guys might understand my fear/frustration with the PC2 announcement while so much is already on your plates with PC1.

As I've mentioned: I REALLY want to like this game and I think it has a monstrous potential. Keep listening to your players. I believe most of us are really willing the game to work out great.

Once again thanks. I promise to feedback about the next patch too, always in a constructive criticism mode.

All the best!

Umer Ahmad
04-07-2015, 00:06
Ian mentioned in an earlier post that patch2 is likely by mid-July.

Sproket
04-07-2015, 00:13
Ian mentioned in an earlier post that patch2 is likely by mid-July.

So that's 2 weeks? Ok Ok I'm sorry lol. It's there when it's there I know.
I feel like I'm going on holiday as a kid in the back of the car saying "Are we there yet"

Flaw3dGenius
04-07-2015, 00:34
So that's 2 weeks? Ok Ok I'm sorry lol. It's there when it's there I know.
I feel like I'm going on holiday as a kid in the back of the car saying "Are we there yet"

Going by Ians post in this thread it sounds like it will be sooner!

Ian Bell
04-07-2015, 00:38
It will be sooner.

Rambo_Commando
04-07-2015, 00:41
Can't wait to start back my career.

Sik180sx
04-07-2015, 03:35
While you're here Ian,how about writing me a doctors certificate for having the last 3 days off to play your damn game,it's what i've been longing for on console(could never afford a decent pc) had rfactor and live for speed,but this gem we call p-cars has ruined my working life lol,so if you don't mind mate just sign a certificate and fax it over to my boss hey,cheers mate :)

McKiernan
04-07-2015, 03:43
Long days & short weeks ;)

Titzon Toast
04-07-2015, 09:02
Can't wait to start back my career.

I can't wait to start mine!

Flaw3dGenius
04-07-2015, 12:52
It will be sooner.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/46356cf6b6b85c2ae42a0d6f0d8abdc6/tumblr_mxmun96Dlj1slx273o1_400.gif

VBR
05-07-2015, 15:08
Looking forward to 2.0

:)

funnyed11
05-07-2015, 15:36
Looking really forward to the new patch. My only complaint is getting run over by the AI all the time in braking zones. Other than that I love this game and have no problems now that I have a wheel.