PDA

View Full Version : why do DQ'd cars not get removed from track?

MrFlibble81
04-07-2015, 11:32
Any reason why?

I was racing around spa and there was a cat sitting in the racing line at eau rouge. Figured it would be better if it was removed from track or at least off the line.

Roger Prynne
04-07-2015, 11:34
I saw a dog once as well.... :hororr:

But yeah it would be better if removed.

MrFlibble81
04-07-2015, 11:36
I saw a dog once as well.... :hororr:

But yeah it would be better if removed.

I just realised that said cat and not car! Doh! Stupid auto correct.

Luke Townsend
04-07-2015, 12:11
I just realised that said cat and not car! Doh! Stupid auto correct.

Ah! Thought you meant a Caterham! ;) And maybe Roger's "dog" was a Ruf Ruf?!! :D

jaytona13
04-07-2015, 15:53
This is a big deal!!!!!! and should have never been overlooked in development. To let the game fill the grid automatically after qual, or warm up is a catastrophic failure. Everyone should have those few seconds that the grid counts down to click "start" to enter the race. If your asleep at the wheel you start from the pits.
Take a tip from rfactor 1 for an example.
It really sucks to come around the last corner at Spa only to find a half dozen abandoned cars on the starting grid.

MrFlibble81
04-07-2015, 17:11
Is anybody able to tell me if this is something that'd going to be fixed in a future patch? I know it's not a gamebreaker or anything but it is annoying during a race when you have to dodge 5 or 6 cars sitting in the middle of the track.

Eric Rowland
05-07-2015, 23:54
The disgusting thing is that some of "them" abandon their car on the racing line at a blind apex or corner exit ON PURPOSE!

Krobo
06-07-2015, 01:17
I never saw it before the 2.0 patch so im sure it will be fixed next patch ..

MrFlibble81
06-07-2015, 01:30
I never saw it before the 2.0 patch so im sure it will be fixed next patch ..

Yeah now you said that I think I've only seen it since patch 2.0. Any devs or anyone able to tellus if it's a big or if it's going to be fixed in the future?

Ryzza5
06-07-2015, 01:33
I must admit it does surprise me how often I see driverless cars on grid, but I do get that real life does happen as well. I'll copy the suggestion to WMD.

gpk99
06-07-2015, 01:44
I've been racing Online for over 3 decades and this problem has existed for as long as there has been online racing. You would think by now some game maker would have a solution to this....the glory hallelujah fix and make everyone happy...but nope. Best idea so far I have heard isn't even racing related. Once a ban is digitally enforced by using Fairplay or punkbuster the banished one can ONLY go online with other banned losers. they have this implemented on Titanfall(which I could not be bothered to play) but sounds like a plausible one to me.Let them bash thier brains out together and leave the good guys who respect the true spirit of the game on thier's. Sounds too good to be true huh?...