PDA

View Full Version : My Easy G27 Fix

Glygoo
04-07-2015, 17:31
When I tried patch 2.0 for the first time I was horrified. What used to be a great game had been ruined by the overly heavy FFB. I have spent the last two days trawling through the forums for an answer, tweaking like there's no tomorrow and it just felt rubbish. Eventually I decided to scrap all the complicated settings and go back to basics. Firstly I reset my G27 settings to default in the game. Then I reduced Tire (sic) Force until the weight felt OK to me. My setting is 6 for Tire Force. Then to get rid of the massive hole around the straight ahead position I downloaded Wheel Check 1.72 and checked the Min Force setting which gave me a FFB base offset of 13%. I set my Dead Zone Removal Range to 0.13. This now feels pretty close to the FFB before the patch. Obviously FFB feel is personal so this might not suit everybody. I just wish that the developers would give you a choice to keep the old settings before changing things. My motto, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It. Cheers.

Disposable_Hero
04-07-2015, 18:21
When I tried patch 2.0 for the first time I was horrified. What used to be a great game had been ruined by the overly heavy FFB. I have spent the last two days trawling through the forums for an answer, tweaking like there's no tomorrow and it just felt rubbish. Eventually I decided to scrap all the complicated settings and go back to basics. Firstly I reset my G27 settings to default in the game. Then I reduced Tire (sic) Force until the weight felt OK to me. My setting is 6 for Tire Force. Then to get rid of the massive hole around the straight ahead position I downloaded Wheel Check 1.72 and checked the Min Force setting which gave me a FFB base offset of 13%. I set my Dead Zone Removal Range to 0.13. This now feels pretty close to the FFB before the patch. Obviously FFB feel is personal so this might not suit everybody. I just wish that the developers would give you a choice to keep the old settings before changing things. My motto, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It. Cheers.
I did the exact same procedure:), but ended with TF at 10% and Deadzone at 18% as per Wheel Check.
But i wonder if it would be a better comprise (physics-wise) to always leave FFB/TF at100% and then scale down per car (i think itīs called MasterScale)?
Did anybody try this yet?