PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time not so lucky

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 11:17
OK this is the 3rd weekend on the trot that me and friends have tried to set up an online game but no joy.

The game either freezes on the loading screen or freezes during a frame rate drop.

We've been trying all morning but give up now and fired up F5, gutted why does this keep happening?

I don't really play career because of a few issues with frame rates and rain and now online seems to be a no go :-(

Brent G
05-07-2015, 13:52
Ive not once attempted to play online because off the issues I hear regarding mutiplayer. Its a real shame because I'd imagine with a lobby full of like minded racer's mp would be where pCars really shines, because the quality of the driving feel can give all us wannabe Nigel Mansell's a taste of what it might be like to be a racing driver. Hope the issues get sorted soon before the possibility of losing pCars fans to other inferior racing titles becomes reality.

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 14:50
It is truly gutting, we try to set up our own online championships but about 3 weeks ago the car would just freeze on track or you'd just get thrown offline, then with different hosts the game would just freeze either mid race for someone or on the loading screen.

We've gone back to forza for the time being although a few of the lads are getting a bit fed up with pc now, I tend to only play solo now which is a shame as it's a great game but so inconsistent, fingers crossed they get it sorted sooner rather than later as my mates will just move on.

Mr.Smoke
05-07-2015, 15:11
No such issues here on PS4. Might be an XB1 thing since it seems all above posters are on that platform. I race online with friends on a daily basis & not one of us have encountered problems like that. Maybe the game is too much for the XB1.....

Rhime
05-07-2015, 15:43
Ive not once attempted to play online because off the issues I hear regarding mutiplayer. Its a real shame because I'd imagine with a lobby full of like minded racer's mp would be where pCars really shines, because the quality of the driving feel can give all us wannabe Nigel Mansell's a taste of what it might be like to be a racing driver. Hope the issues get sorted soon before the possibility of losing pCars fans to other inferior racing titles becomes reality.

This..is just dumb. You "heard" about issues with multiplayer so therefore you stay away? I (and tons of others) race online every day with zero issues so I'm calling your comment uninformed and full of shit.
Don't comment unless you have your facts straight up.

DECATUR PLAYA
05-07-2015, 16:07
I play with my friends every night. Have had many full or close to full rooms the racing is great on XBOX 1. The biggest problem we have is occasional frame rate stutter and host kick (OCCASIONAL) we are having a blast. Sorry it's not working out for you guys.

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 16:44
Going to check our net as the game always seems to freeze first it's like the car on screen freezes but the rest of the game is still running, weird.

It may well be a Internet problem but it's strange this is the only game that does it.

Just raced on a different game for 3 hours with no problems, but I have noticed my connection says moderate not open? I've tried clearing the mac and done a restart but it still says moderate it can't be the router as our other box's say open?

Any help guys would be appreciated.

John Hargreaves
05-07-2015, 17:23
I'm sure you've probably tried this, but are you connecting via ethernet cable rather than wifi?

xautos
05-07-2015, 17:30
ive been thinking of setting up my own room, but the problem is how connectible i am to the world and my terrible up speed wont help matters either.. if im lucky 65kb/sec. so with that in mind, i entertain it but it will probably never happen until BT get off their hands and switch on that optic connection they have been threatening in my area of the uk the past half a year.

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 17:34
I'm sure you've probably tried this, but are you connecting via ethernet cable rather than wifi?

WiFi bud, my box is in a. Different room to my router, I'll try and see if I can buy a very long cable, can you buy in say 40 meter lengths? Any draw backs to using a cable this long?

Ian Bell
05-07-2015, 17:36
WiFi bud, my box is in a. Different room to my router, I'll try and see if I can buy a very long cable, can you buy in say 40 meter lengths? Any draw backs to using a cable this long?

Honestly, 40 metres is a bit much. I'd suggest a repeater like a good Asus placed beside you.

xautos
05-07-2015, 17:39
i use plug devices with wireless network connection boxes, it uses the houses own electrics to find a connection from one point to another point in the house and from there you can connect cables to the plug devices to the computers. wouldnt even need 40 meter length cables.

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 17:47
Guys what would I type in to find this stuff? Honestly I'm pretty thick when it comes to this kind of thing.

Ian Bell
05-07-2015, 17:49
Guys what would I type in to find this stuff? Honestly I'm pretty thick when it comes to this kind of thing.

Are you using Virgin? Even if not, BT's stock routers are equally as crap. Get yourself this. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/routers/asus-rt-ac66u-ac-dual-band-wireless-cable-router-20948687-pdt.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwq-OsBRDd95aryprR9wQSJACQnU3GAa5u2PoSDvC8d9yYC2hRKqUGcBSZ5CdslBefwSB0OhoCWcjw_wcB&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!68396506220!!!g!110895042740!&ef_id=VD6kPAAAAVzA7fbI:20150705174929:s

It's well priced and has transformed my gaming on every game I'm online with. Plug the stock router in to it.

xautos
05-07-2015, 17:52
i can vouch for bt routers crappiness after putting up with it for years.

Lars Rosenquist
05-07-2015, 17:56
I guess UK providers are the same as Dutch then. :p Horrible routers with extremely limited range. The Asus mentioned by Ian are great, so are Netgear. And make sure you disable wifi on the router that came from your provider so it doesn't interfere with the new one.

Paul Swanepoel
05-07-2015, 18:02

Recommended length limit on ethernet cable (cat 5e) is 100m. Therefore 40m is no problem at all - will likely have to be made up by a computer shop / cable vendor though, I have not seen such lengths sold off the
shelf as pre-made.

Also the Wifi Latency over that distance is going to be a quite a bit greater than over the cable.
Source: I am using a 60 meter Ethernet cable to my Man Cave / Office as we speak, & have measured the ping times and latencies on this distance. Also am an Electrical Engineer, who frequently designs Control systems to run over much longer distances.

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 18:05
Are you using Virgin? Even if not, BT's stock routers are equally as crap. Get yourself this. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/routers/asus-rt-ac66u-ac-dual-band-wireless-cable-router-20948687-pdt.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwq-OsBRDd95aryprR9wQSJACQnU3GAa5u2PoSDvC8d9yYC2hRKqUGcBSZ5CdslBefwSB0OhoCWcjw_wcB&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!68396506220!!!g!110895042740!&ef_id=VD6kPAAAAVzA7fbI:20150705174929:s

It's well priced and has transformed my gaming on every game I'm online with. Plug the stock router in to it.

I use sky Ian would my sky router plug into this? And then this get the signal all over my house?

If so I'll pop out tomorrow and buy one as it may be me that messing everyone else's game up as I'm the only one using wifi.

Mr.Smoke
05-07-2015, 19:31

My PS4 is on different floor then my router. I bought a 100ft cable & ran it through the floor. I say no issues with having a lengthy ethernet cable.

Shiftdel
05-07-2015, 20:54
Just make sure that if you use long length cable, that you don't make (many) sharp corners.
And try to avoid running next to power cable's, and off course use a quality cable.

Mad Al
05-07-2015, 20:58
Recommended length limit on ethernet cable (cat 5e) is 100m. Therefore 40m is no problem at all - will likely have to be made up by a computer shop / cable vendor though, I have not seen such lengths sold off the
shelf as pre-made.

Also the Wifi Latency over that distance is going to be a quite a bit greater than over the cable.
Source: I am using a 60 meter Ethernet cable to my Man Cave / Office as we speak, & have measured the ping times and latencies on this distance. Also am an Electrical Engineer, who frequently designs Control systems to run over much longer distances.

http://www.dabs.com/products/c2g-50m-cat5e-booted-unshielded--utp--network-patch-cable---grey-9N2M.html?refs=448290000&src=3

50m premade

wraithsrike
05-07-2015, 21:02
And they say Ian and the community are not helpful, how more wrong can the haters get it.

Cheers guy's.

Kroegtijgertje
05-07-2015, 21:21
Wraithsrike, you need this: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/17-best-powerline-adapters-2015-uk-may-3490638/

Umer Ahmad
05-07-2015, 22:02
Too much positivity here. Must lock thread before the trolls (aka Refund Brigade) arrive.

Toxic
05-07-2015, 22:09

I use powerline adapters with no issues.

Edit - Do some research first though - or borrow some to test if possible. Powerline adapters are no better than wifi (even worse) if you plug them into different circuits within your homes electrical system