PDA

View Full Version : No tirewear

FrederikLenius
05-07-2015, 14:14
Hi

No matter what car/track i use and no matter what settings i use i dont have any tirewear. I can use soft slicks for a 3 hour race and still use the same tires and they are in the same condition as when i started. I dont know if im doing something wrong or its a bug.

Neil Hopwood
05-07-2015, 14:27
Hi

No matter what car/track i use and no matter what settings i use i dont have any tirewear. I can use soft slicks for a 3 hour race and still use the same tires and they are in the same condition as when i started. I dont know if im doing something wrong or its a bug.

Was working for me last night (Bentely GT3). Had tyres blow on lap 7 because I forgot I had it set to 7x wear.

Fight-Test
05-07-2015, 16:03
there is no tire wear. No matter how many times I ask how this is getting fixed they only point us to the flat tires after pits. I did read they had put over 200 hours into the tire model for consoles but didnt see on patch notes. I can run all day on softs at 7x. 25 laps atleast before any effects are felt. some of the cars cant go as long like the mclaren only being able to do about 15 laps on softs at 7x and this makes the game so unbalanced. On real tire wear you can seriously go for hours on softs. I just dont get it. Neil, if your on pc it has always worked correctly. Tire wear shouldnt blow a tire anyway unless extreme wear happens.

TexasTyme214
05-07-2015, 16:14
Tire wear will be fixed for the next patch (2.0).

Chonas
05-07-2015, 19:55
I dont think so, I only read tyre wear for AI...

FrederikLenius
06-07-2015, 00:02

Yes the ai drives around without tire and sparks flying off their rims, when its on x7

FrederikLenius
06-07-2015, 00:09
there is no tire wear. No matter how many times I ask how this is getting fixed they only point us to the flat tires after pits. I did read they had put over 200 hours into the tire model for consoles but didnt see on patch notes. I can run all day on softs at 7x. 25 laps atleast before any effects are felt. some of the cars cant go as long like the mclaren only being able to do about 15 laps on softs at 7x and this makes the game so unbalanced. On real tire wear you can seriously go for hours on softs. I just dont get it. Neil, if your on pc it has always worked correctly. Tire wear shouldnt blow a tire anyway unless extreme wear happens.

Yes thats right. When the le mans was in tv this year i noticed that the lmp 1 cars changes tires each 7th lap or so wich is like 21 minuts. But i could go on for many many laps without changeing.

Racemachine
06-07-2015, 05:17
I know what you mean I did 30 laps at 7x and had no wear, what is that like 210 laps and the AI had all kinds of tire issues I hope they fix this soon.

Bealdor
06-07-2015, 06:22

There is tire wear and it's working, it's just too conservative atm for most cars. But this will be fixed with patch 2.0.

You should read again:

Physics & AI
* Adjusted wear of Slicks and Rain tires to more realistic levels where needed. Typically GT/LMP/Formula cars will get slightly more than a full fuel load on soft or default slicks (depending on fuel load amounts).
* Adjusted the heating of slicks and rain tyres to more realistic levels.
* Adjusted tyre temperature sensitivity on several cars.
* Adjusted rain tyres to generally be more sensitive to overheating, and less efficient in the dry.

Fight-Test
06-07-2015, 15:17
bealdor, hopefully that covers it all. I read the guy that does tires (Doug maybe) said he put tons of time into the console tire model and expected a bigger patch note on it but it looks like that might cover it all. I HOPE!!

Doug914
06-07-2015, 21:09
bealdor, hopefully that covers it all. I read the guy that does tires (Doug maybe) said he put tons of time into the console tire model and expected a bigger patch note on it but it looks like that might cover it all. I HOPE!!

It does, player and AI were adjusted.

Fight-Test
06-07-2015, 21:38
your the man Doug!! you gotta be feeling good it finally made it in the game. Thanks man, I know you did a ton of work.