PDA

View Full Version : Proper Racing in Timetrials? Watching replays is worthless too!!!

EMW Mayhem
05-07-2015, 15:00
Hello every one. I am loving this game but there is some issues that need to be addressed.
I see all the post in here about proper laps being posted in the game.

What is a proper lap in the game without cutting? You can not get 5 people to agree on any one turn let alone a whole lap.

I have been playing racing games for the past 15 years online. I have had 100's of number one times. This game has issues with hot-lapping because of the track cutting, And i agree!!!! but as a hotlapper you are racing to get the fastest clean time posted on the leaderboard that the game ALLOWS! So i also think the leaderboards need to be wiped completely with the tracks being fixed.

Everyone knows the lines on most tracks are broken hence why i haven't even bothered to run most tracks. We did the Dubia International and it was a joke. The thing is when i came to the track the first ghost i raced was cutting all over the place!

Now the thing is people are starting to say they can watch replays to validate the lap? Well there is ways around that too sorry to say but if you run your fastest lap and restart then run another lap which does not beat your cutting corners going into the pit crap lap guess what it will post that pretty "look ma i didn't cut any corners" ghost lap on the leaderboards.

Just fix the penalty on each track and we all will be happy campers! This game is amazing and i love it but these issues are going to ruin it.

FA RACING 01
05-07-2015, 15:06
I think you missed a lot mate. I do agree with you on the cutting, but SMS recently announced the fixing of all that in this same thread (Contest) and a lot of feedback was done to help solve it. The cutting will be history soon.

EMW Mayhem
05-07-2015, 15:10
Thanks for the reply but are they wiping the leaderboards? That is the main point and if not what is the point of fixing the cuts? The replays can be manipulated?

FA RACING 01
05-07-2015, 15:18
Thanks for the reply but are they wiping the leaderboards? That is the main point and if not what is the point of fixing the cuts? The replays can be manipulated?

We all hope (most at least) for a total wipe of the LB's after SMS has reset the track limits, but no official announcement has been made yet. I believe they will consider that soon as all track limits are reviewed and resetted. It willl take some time though. In the meantime the times of the Community events are run seperately from the normal TT times and SMS will apply the rule of "two wheels on kurb" Not sure when that will start to apply though.

Hope this helps. Happy racing.

Ryzza5
06-07-2015, 02:31
PC leaderboards were wiped every now and then during development as the tyre model evolved. The team are likely also concerned about not losing clean times that were earned with a lot of practice. Perhaps it is something we can poll members on later when most feel cut track detection is working well across all of the tracks.

choupolo
06-07-2015, 12:39
PC leaderboards were wiped every now and then during development as the tyre model evolved. The team are likely also concerned about not losing clean times that were earned with a lot of practice. Perhaps it is something we can poll members on later when most feel cut track detection is working well across all of the tracks.

I think if you did a poll, only the fastest guys with clean times done through lots of laps would vote to keep them. The majority of players who got beaten by them would no doubt vote for a reset!

I would vote for a wipe (cos I got beat), but only once track limits and exploits were sorted for definite.

FACT0RY PIL0T
07-07-2015, 18:38
WIPE !!! I'll re do my laps no worries here.

mikadri
07-07-2015, 20:36
Now the thing is people are starting to say they can watch replays to validate the lap? Well there is ways around that too sorry to say but if you run your fastest lap and restart then run another lap which does not beat your cutting corners going into the pit crap lap guess what it will post that pretty "look ma i didn't cut any corners" ghost lap on the leaderboards.

Well this sounds very interessant.That explain why we can beat our ghost without beating our fastest time.
Thank you for clearifying this,Im pretty sure the devs will look into this.

bubbadabutcher
08-07-2015, 03:17
If I ran a clean time before a wipe, I can do it again after. I assume most hotlappers feel the same.