PDA

View Full Version : Open microphones

Stevesixty7
05-07-2015, 17:52
A massive problem for me. I don't want to hear your baby crying or your dog barking, or even your engine whilst I'm trying to qualify or race. It affects performance as well as being annoying.

jimmyb_84
05-07-2015, 17:57
A massive problem for me. I don't want to hear your baby crying or your dog barking, or even your engine whilst I'm trying to qualify or race. It affects performance as well as being annoying.

When in lobby use R1 (I think) click on the annoying one and mute them, problem solved

Stevesixty7
05-07-2015, 18:01
Cheers Jimmy. Forgot about that lol.

daddyboosive
05-07-2015, 18:03
Yeh just mute them. Mute the guys that cause the annoying echo too.

nhraracer
05-07-2015, 18:06
Too bad Sony doesn't make a mute all button! Or even turn off all lobby mics all the time.

Carymelanie
05-07-2015, 18:26
Too bad Sony doesn't make a mute all button! Or even turn off all lobby mics all the time.

You can start a private party chat, after that all microphones are blocked.

nhraracer
05-07-2015, 18:33
You can start a private party chat, after that all microphones are blocked.

Nice! Didn't know that. Thanks.

Mr.Smoke
05-07-2015, 21:55
My headset has a slider for chat/game audio, so when im in a public lobby i mute my mic & set it to full game so no chat comes through. I would assume most half decent headsets would have that feature.

tgrey
05-07-2015, 23:56
I have no idea if it's possible, but it'd be nice (and authentic!) if we could leave our mics open, but the game keeps them disabled until we push a "PTT" button.

My headset has a slider too, but I don't want to mess with that in the middle a race, particularly if I have my gloves on for a long race.

madmax2069
06-07-2015, 00:01
I just use a standard pair of earbuds with inline Mic plugged into the controller, I have no Mute switch (I just unplug it from the controller when things start to happen that make a lot of noise). I have my earbuds set for game sound to come through them as well, so when I yank them out I hear from the TV which isnt ideal.

NiQo
06-07-2015, 07:34
This actually is a major problem if u ask me. When racing with randoms i can understand, however when racing with friends its different. I want to be able to communicate normally. Unfortunately an psn party only allows 8 players, while usually we have about 12.

Too bad the chat quality is this bad. Especially compared to engine noise which sounds great. I wonder if this is on the to-do list.

First post BTW ;)

MAARTEN
09-07-2015, 16:47
There should be a mute all function in the game, not just per player. I am also tired of hearing other peoples coughing, baby cry, game sound etc...
Most of the times you join a multiplayer session you don't hear the noise before you entered the race and then it's to late i guess.

madmax2069
09-07-2015, 17:31
Somebody coughing doesnt really bother me (when its not constant), the unattended crying baby, kids and people screaming, the overly loud game sounds (usually due to someone using the PlayStation camera/eye with the TV or surround sound turned up), and people that sound like they're at a community center are what really bothers me.

SONY for some reason didn't add the ability to adjust Mic squeltch (which would prevent background noise thats not louder then the persons voice that's using the Mic from transmitting).

And SONY also forgot to add the anti game sound feedback setup that the PS3 had (when it was set up it wouldn't transmit game sounds the Mic could pick up regardless on how loud you had the TV or surround sound turned up).

If SONY was to implement the above This would eliminate most of the issues.

tmitch45
09-07-2015, 17:56
Is there any news on if PCARs lobby chat sound quality can be improved? PS network party chat is so much better but limited to 8 so not ideal when you have 12= people racing.

Carymelanie
09-07-2015, 20:30
There should be a mute all function in the game, not just per player. I am also tired of hearing other peoples coughing, baby cry, game sound etc...
Most of the times you join a multiplayer session you don't hear the noise before you entered the race and then it's to late i guess.

Read my post about the private chat that's mute all players.

Katilla
10-07-2015, 06:36
There should be a mute all function in the game, not just per player.
silent room please!!
one klikk & mute all racer
this can be solved WMD?

Liquid7394
11-07-2015, 07:21
I'd like to see an option to enable push to talk, now that the PS4 can use keyboards for extra buttons I think it would be a great addition. A mute all button would be nice too.

McKiernan
11-07-2015, 15:20
I'd like to see an option to enable push to talk, now that the PS4 can use keyboards for extra buttons I think it would be a great addition. A mute all button would be nice too.

Yes, a push to talk button would be so useful, better than a 'mute all' button, in my humble opinion.

tmitch45
11-07-2015, 15:35
Yep a push to talk function would be a great addition.