PDA

View Full Version : PC Style Leaderboards on PS4?

C6ckneyGeezer
05-07-2015, 18:50
On the PC version you can load up the leaderboard and select a certain car and track combo and show that leaderboard. On PS4 all you can do is load up a car CLASS and track combo to show.

Any idea if viewing car and track info on the leaderboard will appear on the PS4 version?

I bought the PC version today, thought it would be better, it's not. Poor support from AMD tbh. It looks and runs ALOT better on my PS4 than it does my gaming rig, which is madness. Seem impossible to select the correct wheel in options too, as it constantly changes by itself lol. Ahh well, stick to the PS4 version I think.....

So yh, PC style leaderboards on PS4?

Cheers.

Chonas
05-07-2015, 19:43
I'm looking for this feature also from the first day. I think it is very important, if not people will only use the fastest car (GT5, GT4 and GT3 are all together). I dont understand why they didnt give us the same as in pc.

C6ckneyGeezer
05-07-2015, 19:59
I'm looking for this feature also from the first day. I think it is very important, if not people will only use the fastest car (GT5, GT4 and GT3 are all together). I dont understand why they didnt give us the same as in pc.

Exactly. I love the RS500, would to try and prepare, develope and climb to the top with such a car. Atm there is no way to compare how you are doing in a certain car. Which imo is a basic feature needed and should already be in the game.

lordymatsuo
06-07-2015, 10:56
Would be great to get more leaderboards and driver stats overall in the console versions. Does seem like the PC version has a lot more.

ports
06-07-2015, 11:19
I would like sms to implement TT leaderboards like they are in drive club you can go threw the whole list of cars and check the TT times for which ever track you are on hopefully we get something similar :) other than that the Pcars is great.

graveltrap
06-07-2015, 11:44
Its been mentioned somewhere that the consoles simply don't have the capacity to do this something to do with the amount of data I seem to remember, this makes me sad and hot lapping anything but a handful of cars redundant :(

People are hosting competitions I guess but entering a time is a convoluted process, that requires visual proof and even video evidence, which can be a problem if you forget to save the capture or worse still press the wrong buttons! :mad:

It looks like if your into hot lapping the solution is simply to purchase a PC...

Chonas
06-07-2015, 13:01
Its been mentioned somewhere that the consoles simply don't have the capacity to do this something to do with the amount of data I seem to remember, this makes me sad and hot lapping anything but a handful of cars redundant :(

People are hosting competitions I guess but entering a time is a convoluted process, that requires visual proof and even video evidence, which can be a problem if you forget to save the capture or worse still press the wrong buttons! :mad:

It looks like if your into hot lapping the solution is simply to purchase a PC...

I don't believe there is a technical issue with this. It is only data that is storage in the cloud, so I don't see any problem. Please could someone from SMS confirm if this is in the plans for PS4?

Wheelzr
07-07-2015, 03:29

That's funny. The other 2 racing games I've owned don't have this problem. Hell, Forza on xbox 360 didn't even have that problem. When someone wants to do something, they find a way. When they don't have time, they find an excuse.

PureMalt77
07-07-2015, 14:49
I would like that feature too.
And if I might extend into that, the leaderboards should be reset for a car and track, if they change with a patch. Many tracks get corrected with patches (issues like track cutting), so you might get impossible-to-beat times.

MiZtErNiCe
08-07-2015, 22:28
remember the days when you used to get a multiplayer leaderboard for race wins etc and fight it out to be top dog, good old days they were.

Chonas
11-07-2015, 20:24
Please could someone of SMS confirm if this is being taken on the plans for a future implementation? I saw this request for ps4 in several threads but without any answer from sms.

tgrey
12-07-2015, 13:19
This was on my list to request for improving time trails... I don't always enjoy racing "the fastest car", sometimes I want to pick a fun car, or perhaps something I've driven in real life or whatever else tickles my fancy that day. It should still be possible to be "competitive" in the time trials regardless of what car you pick.

Luckily I have what I *think* would be a pretty simple working solution, keeping the hard part of the problem in the cloud per se... hopefully the right people read this:

Time Trails always record your fastest time PER CAR. So you could potentially set a lap time for every car in the game.

The results screen has an added "filter" with the default being "Personal best", meaning the results screen shows everyone's fastest lap regardless of the car (this is the current behavior). You could then change the filter to only show any specific car in the currently selected class, and see only the results for that car. This allows you to rank yourself against people in the same car, which currently requires *LOTS AND LOTS* of scrolling, if it's possible at all.

It appears that the game queries for results each time you view the screen anyway, so this means if the filter is applies server side (limiting the returned results), the consoles won't have to parse any additional data than they currently have to.

Not sure if that makes sense, but hopefully it does... I *love* running time trials, and really wish they felt more engaging of the list of cars we have to pick from.

Chonas
14-07-2015, 08:45
Lets raise again this thread, maybe Ian will read and answer us if we do it...
Please Ian we would like an answer about the leaderboard improvement on ps4.

schneterz
14-07-2015, 20:03
+1!
Beeing able to set records with every car makes TT more fun.
now there is no point of using formula b e.g. in TT.
would love to read a statement from devs about this!

Jakob
14-07-2015, 20:12
If it's made so that every car has it's own leaderboard, instead of car class, time trials would interest me.

C6ckneyGeezer
14-07-2015, 20:31
Im still using my ipad to view PC leader boards to compare my lap times on PC. Seems silly in today's world of gaming.

Glad to see interest in the feature!

ports
14-07-2015, 21:05
Im still using my ipad to view PC leader boards to compare my lap times on PC. Seems silly in today's world of gaming.

I do the same but it gets annoying after a while all i do is TT 95% of the time just wish it was the same as driveclub or something like it the game for me would be perfect for me then .

jimmyb_84
14-07-2015, 21:36

I do the same but it gets annoying after a while all i do is TT 95% of the time just wish it was the same as driveclub or something like it the game for me would be perfect for me then .

I'm doing that too, works a treat

IronMask75
14-07-2015, 21:39
Got my vote. One of the things that annoyed me about the DiRT 2 leaderboards was that the Trailblazer leaderboards (well, most of them actually) were just people in the Dallenbach Special so there was no way to gauge your time if you were using any other car. It's the same in pCARS; leaderboards containing pages on pages of the dominant car with no way to rate yourself in any other car. The leaderboard should display only times from the car you are using when you visit the event screen, or at least the ability to cycle through the different cars to see the times.

McKiernan
14-07-2015, 23:21
Good idea +1

lordymatsuo
15-07-2015, 13:31
Whilst we wait for an answer and hopefully some better leaderboard stuff in game. We have created our own out of game leaderboard for our members.

Basically all our Main Events (http://www.matsuoracing.com/event-calendar/) and Endurance Night (http://www.matsuoracing.com/forum/endurance-race-events/) events are tracked. We track race wins / Podiums / Prize money earned. We run a virtual prize fund as a means to track a members involvement and status within the club, sort of like a typical scoreboard you might find in other games, who can get the most points longer term.

Check it out here

http://www.matsuoracing.com/global-leaderboard/

I do hope that the game can offer something more in this department in the future as most of us love competing for top spots on leaderboards :)

graveltrap
15-07-2015, 13:38
If your into Time Trials I'd suggest getting involved in the PS4 Weekly TT (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28906-PS4-weekly-time-trial-challenge-(New-Challenges-Set)), it is a good way to compare yourself to other PS4 users anyway...

Current event is the Z4 GT3 @ Hockenheim GP ;)

C6ckneyGeezer
16-07-2015, 19:21
Any news on thos devs/staff? Ian?

Katilla
16-07-2015, 21:35
+1 from me

bjosim
16-07-2015, 22:31
I'm getting on board with this one too. It's just data, and not that much either, so should be possible.

C6ckneyGeezer
17-07-2015, 17:27
Considering if you look at something like BF4, which tracks every gun, game and looooads of other stats. I don't think car specific leaderboard are a big ask.

Ive resulted into sending screenshots to friends of my time. Having a hot lapping battle via text lol.

Chonas
17-07-2015, 20:12
Considering if you look at something like BF4, which tracks every gun, game and looooads of other stats. I don't think car specific leaderboard are a big ask.

Ive resulted into sending screenshots to friends of my time. Having a hot lapping battle via text lol.

Yeah!! Totally agree!! more than that, the game already save the car together with the time as you can see in the current leaderboard, I think they only need to add a filter in the leaderboard screen to show only the selected car times.

However, did you noticed that the recorded personal best time shown in the race hud is not the one for your current car? Why should I be interested in the time I made with FA while Im runing with FC?? I want to know my best time with my current car of course!

C6ckneyGeezer
17-07-2015, 22:31
Yeah!! Totally agree!! more than that, the game already save the car together with the time as you can see in the current leaderboard, I think they only need to add a filter in the leaderboard screen to show only the selected car times.

However, did you noticed that the recorded personal best time shown in the race hud is not the one for your current car? Why should I be interested in the time I made with FA while Im runing with FC?? I want to know my best time with my current car of course!

Yeah also if you load up your fastest ghost, it won't load your ghost for that class, it loads the fastest timed ghost overall. Im sure the lads are on making this a feature.

ImStylinOnYaBro
17-07-2015, 22:38
i would love to see leader boards for each car. yes, "best in sesion" ghost is nice..but it would be much nicer to start off with your fastest over all ghost.

Chonas
18-07-2015, 06:40
i would love to see leader boards for each car. yes, "best in sesion" ghost is nice..but it would be much nicer to start off with your fastest over all ghost.

I supposed you want to run with your best ghost with your current car...why would you be interested in your best ghost of FA while you are running with FC?

ImStylinOnYaBro
18-07-2015, 07:08
^^exactly. best over all time of hte car you're using. it would be foolish to race a FA time in a FC.

Massmutant87
18-07-2015, 07:45
+1!!!!

el3KtroN
21-07-2015, 20:53
I want that feature too.

I really love the gt3 cars, but every good time was driven with the Zonda r or Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail, because they are all GTs.

It's impossible to reach that times with normal GT3 cars and that's killing alot of fun.

Chonas
24-07-2015, 16:34
Please could someone from SMS answer about this feature?

Fiz45
26-07-2015, 10:51
This feature is very very important !!! I hope SMS understand that !

Fonsmeister
26-07-2015, 11:26
Yes, I want to race with the BMWZ4, not possible now

Flaw3dGenius
26-07-2015, 12:19
Yes we need better leaderboards and we need to be able to compare with friends times.

rams1de
26-07-2015, 16:25
This is something I'd like to see, along with ability to compare friends' times.

I'll refrain from using the 'n' word and maybe if the OP requests the thread be moved to Feature Suggestions forum, it might get seen by the decision makers.

LeeGestuhl
26-07-2015, 16:59
As far as I know, the devs are aware of this and already thinking about improvements. Things like comparing times with friends are on their list, we just need to be a bit patient :)

C6ckneyGeezer
26-07-2015, 17:15
Glad to see the support still flooding in for this feature.

Yeah if a mod thinks this is now better placed in the requested feature section then feel free to move it!

svenvangent
26-07-2015, 21:51
+1.