PDA

View Full Version : European M1 Procar Revival Championship (PS4)

graveltrap
05-07-2015, 21:24
Hello all, I am looking for some (Ideally 10 or more) respectful racers that would be interested in participating in a BMW M1 Procar Revival Championship on PS4 in UK / European time zones. This is a forum based championship no need to sign up anywhere else!

Format

A Single race of approximately 30 minutes duration as per the original real life series; add a practice session to get warmed up and a qualifying session to determine the grid. I see a race meeting lasting between 60-90 minutes all told.

One race per week, day and time TBC, I’ll flesh out the full details if anybody is actually interested in this thing…

The same points system will be used as per the real life series, this starts with 20 points and decreasing down to 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, and finally 1 for all remaining positions.

A practice event could occur depending on demand, before the series proper, as a meet, greet, get to know you type event, this would feature Donington Park National Circuit. This was a non-scoring round IRL ;)

Car

Your choice of BMW M1 Procar from:

BMW Motorsport #1
BMW Motorsport #6
Vittorio #7
Petroblast #17
True North Racing#22
Alban #24
DeStijl Team #27
Forpi #32
Dambreville #33
Kings #35
Candy #69
Saltz Video Cassette #72
Zipanol #76
Piston #78
Turbolio #81

Note: Car choice is on a first come first serve basis.

Tracks

The original series used took place as a support event for F1 at the European tracks; it might be fun for the drivers to choose which one to race at the historic location or current (almost). Locations are based around where the real championship took place in 1979/80.

This championship will be 5 rounds featuring;

1. Belgium (Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps or Zolder)
2. Azure Circuit (Monaco)
3. British (Silverstone GP or Brands Hatch GP)
4. German (Hockenheim GP or Nurburgring GP)
5. Italian (Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP or Imola)

Note: I will have the casting vote in the case of a tie :p

Driver Aids

Only ABS will be permitted, everything else will be banned. Ideally I would like no ABS but I think that could be a step to far in getting people interested! Thoughts welcome…

Getting Involved

So if you are interested please post in this thread, with your choice of car number and tracks you would like to race at for the Belgium, British, German and Italian Rounds. Not interested in PSN tags just yet they can be gathered later.

Forum Name:
Track Choice:

Finally

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, hopefully it piqued your interest and tempts you to get involved. I am open to suggestions and ideas on things that could be improved to get this short series off the ground :) 

Entry List

Forum Name: graveltrap
Car: Slightly Mad Art #79
Track Choice: Zolder, Brands Hatch, Hockenhiem & Imola