PDA

View Full Version : My issues with AMD performance.

mitchfrompei
05-07-2015, 23:15
Hello all.

Little bit of history here. I was very disappointed with project cars on release not running well at all. I actually refunded the game through steam. Today a friend came over and we happened on the subject of project cars. He still has the game in his steam library. So we gave it a go. I have windows 10 installed, and the latest AMD drivers (batman drivers). I set the game on ultra settings all around except for smaa. I turned that off. I can run the game at 60 fps with other cars on the track, no dips. My force feedback issue is resolved. Actually all of my issues are resolved. Anyways, my point here is for those who had AMD issues. Try windows 10, latest amd drivers and the current patched version of pcars. It's running flawless for me on my system. I'll re-purchase the game, and my apologies.

8gig ram
7970 3gb

Ryzza5
06-07-2015, 05:03
Thanks for sharing your feedback.

With the final Windows 10 release just a few weeks away I might suggest waiting (unless you still enjoy installing operating systems). :)

Mulder89
06-07-2015, 16:22
I can only imagine how it will run on dx12 w10, but it is such a disappointment that you have to switch OS to get STILL sub optimal but a lot better performance than on previous OSs. BS.
The worse thing about this is that it is because somebody's f####ng GREED. I don't like liar companies with a spineless attitude, powered by marketing...

Shiftdel
06-07-2015, 16:41
On my system it has been running fine as well with the 15.5 beta drivers.
Will wait to see what windows 10 will bring, upgrade of the video card is on the horizon anyway (probably rest as well)
In the meantime, keep on racing 8)

mitchfrompei
09-07-2015, 18:19
I can only imagine how it will run on dx12 w10, but it is such a disappointment that you have to switch OS to get STILL sub optimal but a lot better performance than on previous OSs. BS.
The worse thing about this is that it is because somebody's f####ng GREED. I don't like liar companies with a spineless attitude, powered by marketing...

I said it was running at 60fps on ultra. What more could I ask for?

TPH
09-07-2015, 18:41
With the new 15.7 Driver I got a big fps increase with a i5 2500k 4.5ghz and a 7950 win7, can run everything on high except car detail(med) and ds2x with 30+ fps in night rain and 30 cars ahead of me at the grid.

Rht54
09-07-2015, 18:44
I`m sick and tired of AMD and am changing to Nvidia , so I have 2 R9 290`s going up for sale ...