PDA

View Full Version : [BUG IDENTIFIED] Serious pitstop issues :( + video

NemethR
05-07-2015, 23:37
Today we did a nice little 40 lap race at the Cadwell Park GP circuit, with the supercarts.

Well, it looked like a nice little race, until the pitstop... :(
I was leading till around lap 18, where I made a little mistake, and spun, no major issue, but Topsie overtook me, so i chased him till lap 20, and decided, that since I have to pit anyway, as fuel will not last, I'll just do it now...

I did not have FRAPS open at that time, so I could not record the initial issues, when I still had all the parts of my Kart, but
I was able to re-create the issues during the race...

I believe I don't have to mention, how disappointed I am, I realyl looked forward for this race, I love the Super kart, I love Cadwell,
and then such a thing ruining the race... :( I was heartbroken.

Here it is in video:
*NOTE: The video has been dumbed down, so that I don't have to upload for 3 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GjMa92Sw4

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 23:43
Looks like at the first time you've entered the pits you have no front wheels, and when get off there your wheels still missing but hot as hell. After the second pit the wheels reapear.

NemethR
05-07-2015, 23:46
Looks like at the first time you've entered the pits you have no front wheels, and when get off there your wheels still missing but hot as hell. After the second pit the wheels reapear.

No...

This happened, with totally ok wheels, and intact kart, only I did not have FRAPS running at that time, and I could not record it.

So the video is just a re-consrtuction of what happened.
I was a total of 7 or 8 times in the pits. (Should have been 1)

Red tyres are yet another pit issue, introduced in Patch 1.3 or 1.4.

TheReaper GT
05-07-2015, 23:52
No...

This happened, with totally ok wheels, and intact kart, only I did not have FRAPS running at that time, and I could not record it.

So the video is just a re-consrtuction of what happened.
I was a total of 7 or 8 times in the pits. (Should have been 1)

Red tyres are yet another pit issue, introduced in Patch 1.3 or 1.4.

Very odd, bro. Let's hope someone will shed some light in here.

NemethR
06-07-2015, 07:33
I thought this was fixed with patch 2

Me too, but did not happen.

bodyshop
06-07-2015, 07:52
It'll be either:

Your PC is too cheap
Consoles aren't for real sims
your wheel is old/not very good
your rubbish driver
your not used to sims
go play mario kart
your lying
reset your cache
maybe this game isn't for you
its programmed intentionally to give players the feeling of disappointment of real racing drivers when the car goes wrong after a pit stop..(hey im being satirical but i think this will be used)

or just loads of people saying they have done thousands of 40 lap kart races and all were perfect.

wink wink... i jest.... i'm sure you'll get help really... (THIS IS SATIRE....JE SUIS CHARLIE)

madmax2069
06-07-2015, 08:04
The pit crew replaced your tires with tires with no air in them.

Mike Laskey
06-07-2015, 08:15
We are looking for a reliable repro for this bug. Are you able to reproduce it every time? If so, what are the settings in your Superkart pit strategy? Does it happen in Offline races / practice sessions or must you be Online?

NemethR
06-07-2015, 08:55
We are looking for a reliable repro for this bug. Are you able to reproduce it every time? If so, what are the settings in your Superkart pit strategy? Does it happen in Offline races / practice sessions or must you be Online?

Hello Mike!

I am working at the moment, but once I am home (around 20:00 CET) I will take a look, and try to reproduce it, and give you as much info as I can.
This "thing" occured online 2 times in a row, in the same race, so I am confident it can be reproduced. :)

Paulo Ribeiro
06-07-2015, 09:04
you're or you are rubbish driver
you're or you are not used to sims
you're or you are lying

Just for curiosity, I've edited yours 'your'

Mike Laskey
06-07-2015, 10:39
Hello Mike!

I am working at the moment, but once I am home (around 20:00 CET) I will take a look, and try to reproduce it, and give you as much info as I can.
This "thing" occured online 2 times in a row, in the same race, so I am confident it can be reproduced. :)

That would be useful, thanks. Additional videos/screenshots will help also, of your car setup, pit strategy settings, and of the pit strategy selection screen. Any info how to repro in basic steps would be great. Meanwhile, we continue to try to make it happen here.

Raven403
06-07-2015, 11:06
That would be useful, thanks. Additional videos/screenshots will help also, of your car setup, pit strategy settings, and of the pit strategy selection screen. Any info how to repro in basic steps would be great. Meanwhile, we continue to try to make it happen here.

Mike, it happened to 8 of 10 drivers in our race last night on Xbox, it surely can't be hard to replicate. Unless you mean post 2.0 since we haven't gotten 2.0 yet. But on xbox it's very easy to replicate, just pit online with a totally custom strat, and you get 4 red tires in less then a lap

Mike Laskey
06-07-2015, 11:13
Mike, it happened to 8 of 10 drivers in our race last night on Xbox, it surely can't be hard to replicate. Unless you mean post 2.0 since we haven't gotten 2.0 yet. But on xbox it's very easy to replicate, just pit online with a totally custom strat, and you get 4 red tires in less then a lap

Hi, sorry for not clarifying, I need feedback from patch 2 players at this time. However there might still be something useful here; are you saying you need to be playing an online race?

Raven403
06-07-2015, 11:18
Hi, sorry for not clarifying, I need feedback from patch 2 players at this time. However there might still be something useful here; are you saying you need to be playing an online race?

Yeah, my pit stops work fine offline, it's when I'm online that everything goes to hell. Mostly because you don't have the time you need to do the different 'workarounds' before you hit your pit stall. Also, I found using one strat, saved off of default seems to limit problems, but a strat created from scratch is a bugfest. Either you get full fuel, or if you open it to edit, the wrong pressures

But I will report back once 2.0 comes to xbox

dw123
06-07-2015, 13:51
Just for curiosity, I've edited your 'your's

Just for a laugh, I've reversed your 'your' and your 'yours'.

Paulo Ribeiro
06-07-2015, 14:03
Just for a laugh, I've reversed your 'your' and your 'yours'.

https://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/lolcat.jpg

Fair enough.

NemethR
06-07-2015, 21:24

Hello Mike,

I did a race (40 laps to be sure) in solo mode, and tried to pit in at every single lap...
I found that aproximately every 3rd-4th pit I make the issue comes up.

Here is the video, with all telemetry, my setup (showing pages where I adjusted things), and the pit strategy.

Sadly I was NOT able to reproduce the issue, where I was only able to drive 47 km/h, but the other issue is easily reproduced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONUq3KXQRg

The issue with the 47km/h can be seen at the end of this clip: (the original one, in the first post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GjMa92Sw4

I hope this helps. :)

NemethR
07-07-2015, 09:20
We will do a "Bug-chasing" race tomorrow with my league, so if I manage to reproduce it, or a similar issue (47km/h max speed), I will upload that also here.

Mike Laskey
07-07-2015, 09:55
I did a race (40 laps to be sure) in solo mode, and tried to pit in at every single lap...
I found that aproximately every 3rd-4th pit I make the issue comes up.

Thank you! We've found the bug and are working on a fix now.

NemethR
07-07-2015, 10:07

You guys are Awesome!

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 10:10
Thanks Nemeth!

nomen nescio
07-07-2015, 11:42
Thank you! We've found the bug and are working on a fix now.Wow that is fast. Gives me confidence in the SMS team. :D

Roger Prynne
07-07-2015, 13:10
Wow that is fast. Gives me confidence in the SMS team. :D

It's always been like this.

Brent G
07-07-2015, 15:48
It's always been like this.

I think its just the amount of time it takes to filter down to the user that gets folk all worked up. Its especially bad for us poor old suffering Xbox'ers! ;)

NemethR
09-01-2016, 08:58

I don't know guys, but the bug is still there, and both on Cadwell and Ruapuna.
Maybe you should look again.

I reported it also here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40934-Pit-Speed-Limiter-got-stuck&highlight=ruapuna+pitlane

And here, with input from others:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41973-Ruapuna-why-oh-why-are-you-so-bugy-

OzDeaDMeaT
09-01-2016, 09:07
Hope they fix that. Looks supremely f****** annoying

4fast2you
09-01-2016, 13:21
It'll be either:

Your PC is too cheap
Consoles aren't for real sims
your wheel is old/not very good
your rubbish driver
your not used to sims
go play mario kart
your lying
reset your cache
maybe this game isn't for you
its programmed intentionally to give players the feeling of disappointment of real racing drivers when the car goes wrong after a pit stop..(hey im being satirical but i think this will be used)

or just loads of people saying they have done thousands of 40 lap kart races and all were perfect.

wink wink... i jest.... i'm sure you'll get help really... (THIS IS SATIRE....JE SUIS CHARLIE)

Poor satire. You forgot "it will be fixed in PCARS 2".