PDA

View Full Version : can you race le mans 24hr twice in one season?

gormanio
06-07-2015, 01:41
im racing the gt3 championship at the moment and just got an invitational to race le mans 24hr which is the end of dec in the career calendar. i also notice that le mans 24hr is also the second round of the world endurance championships? as i plan on moving to that class next season i was wanting to know if i will be racing the proper le mans as part of that championship therefore i may just skip the invitational.

LM24z
06-07-2015, 04:47
Yes you can do the 24 hour race twice. I actually prefer the race as part of the WEC championship. However I don't think the WEC Le Mans race unlocks any trophies or anything since it's not the "Invitational" event. The reason I prefer the WEC race is the day/night/day cycle is more true to life. For some reason like 3/4 of the race in the invitational event is in darkness. I think it has something to do with the time of year the races are on the in game calendar.

gormanio
06-07-2015, 11:53
thanks for that. you just answered two of my questions in one go, i found out on another tyre related post that the time of year affects pressure with weather and the season so that explains the longer darkness. i will probable just wait an do it as part of the wec which i planned on doing anyway, was just surprised to see it come up mid way through my gt3 season

DNF61
15-02-2016, 15:29
The reason I prefer the WEC race is the day/night/day cycle is more true to life. For some reason like 3/4 of the race in the invitational event is in darkness. I think it has something to do with the time of year the races are on the in game calendar.

Yes I noticed that too while running the invitational for the first time this weekend. From watching the real 24 hrs on TV where it doesn't get dark in June there til around 10 pm , and then light again around 4 am, I was concerned that I had hit a bug and that the 24 hrs invitational was going to end and it still be night time! But, it did get back to day light with around 8 hrs to go.

jhonatas
15-02-2016, 15:44
good to know, what caught my attention to another race.
25horas the Green Hell, I also think that 3/4 of the time is too dark.

MisterO
15-02-2016, 17:18
Can you do the invitational again the next season, even if you did it in the current one?

Fanapryde
15-02-2016, 19:04
Can you do the invitational again the next season, even if you did it in the current one?
The invitationals stay on the calendar, each new season.
You can repeat them as much as you like.

MisterO
16-02-2016, 16:35
Thanks!