PDA

View Full Version : 10tenths.net Racing League - Formula Master Season - August 17th

Pages : [1] 2 3

lmntr
06-07-2015, 02:41

Our current Formula Gulf season is about to end and with the new PCars2 about to be released in about 7 weeks, we came up with a season that can be accomplished before the PCars2 is released and what can be better than......

6 Weeks, 6 different Formula cars with vast handling characteristics, 6 historic and iconic tracks to conquer;
A season that will require finesse and resolve. A season that at the end will crown a Maestro of Maestros; We proudly present the "Formula Master" Season.

Your best 5 out of 6 results will count towards the championship. We are very proud of our points system as they keep everyone in close proximity throughout the season, in fact, the current Formula Gulf season Championship is being decided on the last 12th round! You will be pleasantly surprised as how cleanly our members will challenge you when in competition. Our official race for points are always held on Thursdays but we have started a mock race on Wednesdays with no points as a way to check run through your set up and strategies as you get ready for the next days. We started doing these mock races and they became so popular that we kept them. If you are clean and have the correct approach to racing, we are confident you will stay when you run with us and have a chance to experience what we are all about.

The lobby settings will be as followed:

Race day and time: Thursdays at 9 PM. London time. (An optional 1 hour practice session will be open at 8 PM, lobby should open 10-15 minutes prior)
Race Distance: See calendar for individual race laps. Race will last about 40 minutes.

Qualify: 15 min
Warm up: 5 min
Starting Position: Qualification Result
Car Assignment: Pre Selection
Weather: Clear
Time within game: Race Date, 14:00, real time progression.
View: Any
Assists: Any
Rolling Start: No
Damage: Performance Affecting (visual damage only in social races)
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire Simulation: X2
Fuel Simulation: Real

Flag penalties: On
Maximum number of Players: 16
Privacy: Invite only
Default set up: no
Ghost car: no (yes for social races)

The Calendar is as follows:

Visit us at www.10tenths.net (http://www.10tenths.net)

Lilwy88
07-07-2015, 14:47
How do I register for this? I want in

lmntr
07-07-2015, 15:00
Welcome, We just need your name and PSN ID and you are in. We can communicate via this thread to confirm participation for upcoming events and I will be updating the first post for results and other events information. Are you in for our first social event?

tigerpaw11
07-07-2015, 15:34
If not noted, i'm in for sure!

Psn: tigerpaw11

lmntr
07-07-2015, 15:49
Wonderful, Noted.

tigerpaw11
08-07-2015, 12:57
Anybody up for some practise tonight around 21.00gmt?

lmntr
08-07-2015, 14:26
Yes, I will be in for practice. Just curious about your speed, we should really have the host be the one with the better internet connection. I went to www.speedtest.net ;just make sure you click begin now instead of start ( start will take you to a download).
My results were Ping; 54ms- download 9.65mbps - upload .97 mbps. I am looking to upgrade by the beginning of August.

tigerpaw11
08-07-2015, 14:54
Ha, your connection beats mine:

Ping 15ms, download 4.73, upload .76

I'm hoping fiber will come to our neighbourhood this autumn.

L3W1_UK
08-07-2015, 19:09
Evening,
I'm new to the forum after looking for a racing league!

How many people do you currently have signed up?
Also, some questions about the rules.

Is it just manual gears ?
Wheel users only?

I currently only have a pad but consider myself smooth and clean.

Cheers,
Lewis

lmntr
08-07-2015, 19:38
Manual gears and open to pads, if you are smooth that is. It is not a league but a group forming. We do not have a website but communicate here in the forum. We have 5 participanrs so far and looking to expand. I will be opening a lobby in a few, if you want to join us send me your psn id. I will not be able to reply until later.

L3W1_UK
08-07-2015, 20:46
That's cool.
I won't be able to get on tonight but if Thursday are going to be the regular meetings then I'm in.

PSN ID: L3W1_UK
UK based :)

lmntr
09-07-2015, 00:35
Welcome L3W1_UK, We'll see you then. Also, I comment for the group: We can choose our own car; I will be driving the KayOS #14. Let me know what you guys will drive.

L3W1_UK
09-07-2015, 09:08
Look forward to it!
So it's around 8PM UK time tonight for lobby opening ?

Do you guys have mics?
Also is it just going to be race meetings and not points carried on over like a championship ? :)

Tallahasse2015
09-07-2015, 09:48
PSN ID: redfox75uk

Hello i would love to join you :). allso be good to have a few people added as freinds so i can have clean racers to race with inbetween races :),so add me if you want !.

Tallahasse2015
09-07-2015, 09:52
My speedtest result,not sure i can host though as i allways have a problem when creating a lobby in the game,nobody can ever join the room :(,it is to do with NAT errors.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4491947204.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4491947204)

Tallahasse2015
09-07-2015, 09:56
Am i allready in this group ?. i am confused lol.

L3W1_UK
09-07-2015, 11:26
Send us a friend request on PSN and il get adding some people :)

tigerpaw11
09-07-2015, 11:41
Am i allready in this group ?. i am confused lol.

Yes, you're already in..relax :-)

tigerpaw11
09-07-2015, 11:47
Just remember how delicate these cars are, accidents will happen anyway in the races but i think we all know when not to make any crazy moves, divebombing etc...just to eliminate the unnecessary incidents.
Cheers!

lmntr
09-07-2015, 11:57
Look forward to it!
So it's around 8PM UK time tonight for lobby opening ?

Do you guys have mics?
Also is it just going to be race meetings and not points carried on over like a championship ? :)

8PM tonight, London time. I do not live in Europe, so I have set my phone to track London time. Other countries do not necessarily follow daylight savings time schedule ( they have their own schedule) as I found out, so this is what I do to make sure I always have the correct start time. Tonight is going to be a social race, be mindful of full damage; I did in last nights practice, I hit the wall. No points. Once we have enough participants we will start the poinst schedule.

tigerpaw11
09-07-2015, 12:21
Just remember how delicate these cars are, accidents will happen anyway in the races but i think we all know when not to make any crazy moves, divebombing etc...just to eliminate the unnecessary incidents.
Cheers!

This post was not directed towards you redfox (it might came out that way), it was pointed to us all in general :-)

L3W1_UK
09-07-2015, 12:24
I had a quick spin this morning before work and put it in the wall on the first lap. Gained some rhythm quickly though
Think I'm nailed on for back of the grid. Lap times around spa are just under 1.50 ��������

lmntr
10-07-2015, 03:28
We had great fun in our first social race at Spa. It turned out to be quite a challenge since all the sessions were in the rain, without any assists. Needless to say, it was quite an experience. I hope you guys will join us for.our next social race at Catalunya, Spain for 33 laps.
See the first post for specifics.

tigerpaw11
10-07-2015, 07:23
A well deserved win for you lmntr, you kept it well together in the difficult conditions. I tried to make it without a pitstop but had trouble keeping it together in the end and slipped off track twice which gave me two five second penalties for leaving the track. A bit harsh but its the same for all.

Looking forward to Barcelona!

tigerpaw11
12-07-2015, 10:27
I'm about to practise at catalunya gp. Care to join? Send a message on psn.

rookieracingleague
12-07-2015, 21:42
Hi guys i noticed you have a good interest in your league format ect.

I am approching you from http://rookieleague.ucoz.com/
We would like to offer you the chance to have your league featured on our website to help support your league and our ever growing and expanding race community.

also it is 100% free

slovoflud
13-07-2015, 09:18
I'd like take part, please add me
PSN: slovoflud

Thanks!

lmntr
13-07-2015, 12:04
Hi guys i noticed you have a good interest in your league format ect.

I am approching you from http://rookieleague.ucoz.com/
We would like to offer you the chance to have your league featured on our website to help support your league and our ever growing and expanding race community.

also it is 100% free

Thanks for your kind offer. I am very busy today with all kinds of errands, but I will certainly consider it. I will take a look around in your website and will let you know by tomorrow at this time. Thanks again!

lmntr
13-07-2015, 12:06
I'd like take part, please add me
PSN: slovoflud

Thanks!

Welcome Slovoflud, I imagine you have already read the first post which explains the race settings. We are glad to have you on board.

L3W1_UK
13-07-2015, 13:31
Just to re-confirm my PSN message to you the other night Imntr, I won't be able to make it this week but I shall back to fly the flag for the back of the grid next week!

lmntr
13-07-2015, 15:06
Yes, I read your message. I appreciate the fact you let us know. You will improve with a little practice and the correct settings. See you then.

rookieracingleague
13-07-2015, 16:04
Thanks for your kind offer. I am very busy today with all kinds of errands, but I will certainly consider it. I will take a look around in your website and will let you know by tomorrow at this time. Thanks again!

Imntr i would love to have you guys on board our website and help yourselves promote your series, we are offering this of course 100% to you

lmntr
16-07-2015, 15:38
Gentle reminder: Today is our second social race at 20:00 hours, London time; see first post for details. You can post your interest and PSN id here to be considered for today's event. I might not be able to respond within one hour to go but will certainly be monitoring the thread. ….Let's have fun!!

lmntr
16-07-2015, 22:53
well, it was one of those races where you almost tasted the finish line with one lap to go. There was contact with on my back and then I hit the wall breaking my right front suspension. I tried to make it back to the pits and I blew my engine; I guess if you tried to do that in real life you will over rev and trash it. Well, sel la vi, there is always next time. See our first post for details on our social race for next Thursday.

lmntr
19-07-2015, 14:00
Important update: Thursdays' race at Japan has been updated to show number of laps to 28. We had used the information for the actual race at Susuka but after running the circuit it was obvious it was not exactly the same layout at the real f1 circuit; must be a license issue. Any way, the track is so much faster and consecuently we have updated the Social race information. Please see first post for the specifics. We are still growing and we welcome new participants.

tigerpaw11
20-07-2015, 19:07
I'll be on at 9pm gmt for some practise, send a message if anybody wanna join.

tigerpaw11
23-07-2015, 08:18
Tonight 8pm gmt, social race 28laps. See the rules on first page. Join in and have some fun, clean racing.

lmntr
24-07-2015, 02:44
Well, I messed up my fuel load and it required me to pit, and then I did not fuel enough due to not making the adjustment fast enough. I pitted again lost quite some time. Any way, congratulations to tigerpaw11 on his win. Now, on ward to our next race on Thursday at Brands hatch. We are currently investigating how weather settings work exactly so in the meantime the weather will be set to clear. See our first post for all race specifics and why we are looking at weather. Spaces are still open, join us next Thursday and check us out.

CopperySinger5
24-07-2015, 03:49
CopperySinger5

lmntr
24-07-2015, 15:25
CopperySinger5

Welcome, we look forward to see you on track!!

tigerpaw11
24-07-2015, 16:37
Welcome coppery!

Regarding yesterdays race it was interesting to see how my strategy with no pitstop turned out to be the most succesful. I had massive tyre wear at the end and lost control of the car and got a damaged suspension. Got to the pit for repairs and new tires and managed to get out still in front. Lucky me you had trouble in the pits ;-)

See you guys next week!

lmntr
27-07-2015, 03:03
I received a message to join from thegooney1. Welcome, we look forward to see on track next Thursday. Also, in addition we are allowing 5 minutes warm up; the real reason for that would be to do some last minute fine tuning to your strategy.

tigerpaw11
27-07-2015, 19:23
If anyone fancy some practise i'll set up a 60min practise session at brands in a couple of minutes.

lmntr
28-07-2015, 21:10
I received a message to join from MXMike273. Welcome, I suggest doing some mock up races with the AI set at 90% or 100% if you are really to get some practice passes. Remember, full damage settings. I will be sending a friend request when I get on Playstation. Thanks for joining.

MXMike273
28-07-2015, 21:53
Thought i would leave my PSN here too. PSN-MXMike273 Lets go racing

lmntr
30-07-2015, 21:40
Well, we just finished the race a little while ago, and I have to say I was very pleased. I qualifiied 4th and finished in first. Second placed over-revved at start allowing me to pass. Later I got hit from behind on turn 1, I collected myself and kept going. The rest of the time I was concentrating on clean laps without looking at the lap information; I did not want any distraction, but it did not work. I looked at someone behind me and lost control by looking too intently. Save that for the memory bank on what not to do. So… Now onwards to the next race at Monza which will take place next Thursday, August 6th, 2015 at 20:00 hrs. London time. 27 Laps. Please look at first post for specifics.

tigerpaw11
31-07-2015, 15:38
I'm not as pleased, got pole and a decent start and was in the lead in turn 1. Extended my lead for the first 3 laps to 8 secs but got a sudden loss of power (disconnected) and my race was over. Anyway, congrats to you lmntr to your win, hopefully i'll do better at monza and that my power unit keeps it together. :-)

cb_racer
31-07-2015, 20:50
Hi racers,

I would like to participate in a clean organized series. Public rooms at this moment are impossible to have a clean race.

Please add me up: cb_racer_14

lmntr
31-07-2015, 21:59
You are quite welcome cb_racer_14. I assume you have already read the first post which details league specifics. We are a hard core no assists and forced cockpit view, certainly not for the popular mass, as we found out. Send me an invite so that I can add you for the next race. Also, to all participants: Please send me a private message if you are attending or not. Thanks. We are clean racers, we must be because of full damage rules and mechanical break downs. Always look at the first post of thread for next race specifics.

djeghe
01-08-2015, 09:19
I will like to play with you. My Psn id is Djeghe

tigerpaw11
01-08-2015, 12:58
I will like to play with you. My Psn id is Djeghe

Welcome Djeghe! Please get familiar with the rules on page 1 so you are ready for monza next thursday☺.

lmntr
01-08-2015, 13:44
Welcome to the group, Djeghe! See you at Monza this Thursday! Please accept my friend invite here and at Playstation; it will make things so much easier when communicating. Thanks.

djeghe
01-08-2015, 15:24
I accepted your invite on ps4. Here I do not received it.
See you on Thursday

lmntr
03-08-2015, 21:02
I have sent you a friend request in this forum, I just do not know how to get to it. Usually, I am the one that sends them out. perhaps, Tigerpaw11 can tell you how he got his.

tigerpaw11
04-08-2015, 05:24
Not sure what you mean lmntr, if it's adding friends here on the forum then i do it in the control panel. I just searched for djeghe and clicked the box which said "add friend" and now it says I and djeghe are friends. But i guess he has to confirm it also so it goes both ways?

Regarding monza on thursday, i'm not sure if i can participate. Same reason as last week.

djeghe
05-08-2015, 17:10
I added you as friend. See you tomorrow

lmntr
05-08-2015, 17:39
I added you as friend. See you tomorrow
Thanks for confirming. I will see you tomorrow.

lmntr
05-08-2015, 17:42
By the way, I have selected car KayOs #14, You guys can scroll and select your car also. I have been working on a rules and setttings document, which I will be sending to you sometime in the future.

slovoflud
06-08-2015, 13:46
Oh, man.. will miss Monza today :(

lmntr
06-08-2015, 14:31
Oh, man.. will miss Monza today :(
Thanks for your notice. There is always next Thursday, I hope you can make it then.

djeghe
06-08-2015, 15:24
i do not understand post about car! Please send a message in Psn 15 minutes before we have to start the session.
Riccardo

lmntr
06-08-2015, 18:02
i do not understand post about car! Please send a message in Psn 15 minutes before we have to start the session.
Riccardo

I will answer that here, for the benefit of others. once you are in the game main menu, press Options and go to my garage, from there, press Select car, go to open wheel, Press the first option that looks like a monster logo, select formula A, press left or right buttons, press X to select your car, press Circle button and now you are back in main menu.

lmntr
07-08-2015, 01:19
I had quite a race without any let up for the duration. KingFuzz69 was always 1-2 seconds behind for the whole race! I qualified 4th and finished in first! I saved the whole race right after we finished from the menu you get after finishing the race but not from the share button; trouble is I can not find it in my PS4; Can someone tell me how to find it and then share it? Also, we are still finalizing our choice track for next week. We will have it posted by tomorrow evening. Thanks to those that joined us today.

lmntr
07-08-2015, 21:39
We have selected Nurburgring for this next Thursday, please check first post for details. Send your attendance confirmation. I already know tigerpaw11 and PeXy123's attendance is contingent to personal reasons. All others please confirm.

skippermatt
09-08-2015, 16:09
testing

skippermatt
09-08-2015, 16:11
Hello, Sorry for that post that just said testing, it wouldn't let me post anything, But If you are still accepting I would like to be in the race. I have never been in a racing group for project cars, but have been in groups for forza, when I was on the Xbox 360, and a whole bunch of Call of Duty clans. I would really appreciate it if I could join you guys.

Thanks

PSN: skippermatt

tigerpaw11
09-08-2015, 17:47
Hello, Sorry for that post that just said testing, it wouldn't let me post anything, But If you are still accepting I would like to be in the race. I have never been in a racing group for project cars, but have been in groups for forza, when I was on the Xbox 360, and a whole bunch of Call of Duty clans. I would really appreciate it if I could join you guys.

Thanks

PSN: skippermatt

Hi skippermatt, and welcome!

For now we're just doing social races until we are enough clean drivers to start the league. Get familiar with the rules on page 1 and you'll recieve a friends request from lmntr and me. I'm sure he pops in here anytime soon.

lmntr
10-08-2015, 00:13
Welcome Skippermatt! I have just sent you a friend request here and on PS. Please be sure to confirm participation on each event here or by private message. Thanks. We are doing Nurburgring GP this Thursday. I will see you on track!

lmntr
10-08-2015, 15:53
I received notice from Djeghe that he will not be able to make it on the next 2 races, but that he shall be back.

lmntr
11-08-2015, 00:18
I received notice in the AOR forum that Tigerkart_22 will be joining us this Thursday for the Nurburging GP race. Welcome Tigerkart_22.

slovoflud
11-08-2015, 07:34
I can confirm I'll be there

P.S. what are your times there? Just to be mentally prepared for the blue flags :D

lmntr
11-08-2015, 12:54
I am still learning the track and fine-tuning the setup. 1: 38 s with low fuel. Thanks for your confirmation.

lmntr
11-08-2015, 13:11
Guys, we really need to push confirmations. So far we have 5, I know there are more, so please send me private message or post it here. Thanks.

tigerpaw11
11-08-2015, 18:34
Guys, we really need to push confirmations. So far we have 5, I know there are more, so please send me private message or post it here. Thanks.

I'm on, my newborn has arrived so i cant wait to show him my skills ;-)

Not sure of my lap times though, or if tire temps hold up.

lmntr
11-08-2015, 19:01
I'm on, my newborn has arrived so i cant wait to show him my skills ;-)

Not sure of my lap times though, or if tire temps hold up.

My whole-hearted congratulations on your newborn!!

tigerpaw11
11-08-2015, 19:15
Thank's man :-)

UHDmajava
12-08-2015, 16:44
I would love to join to the Nürburgring GP race :)

PSN: UHDmajava

lmntr
12-08-2015, 18:51
You are very welcome HUDmajava!! It was a pleasure to already have met you in today's practice. I can already see you will be though to beat. I will see you tomorrow evening on track for the Nurburgring GP.

slovoflud
13-08-2015, 18:09
I am still learning the track and fine-tuning the setup. 1: 38 s with low fuel. Thanks for your confirmation.

I'm only managing 1:45s ... :)
Easy pickings for you guys, but still, looking forward to the race today!

tigerpaw11
13-08-2015, 20:29
Ahh, one of those days.
Q2 after coppery who also took the start and pulled away by 0.7 per lap. On lap 15 i was about 10 sec behind when something happened in front with coppery. I did pass him as he drove too the pits (i guess) and had a good lead when i went to the pit at lap 17 for new rubber and some gas. And in the pit i stayed: no new tires, no gas filled and not able to push any buttons. All to do was to abort the game. Not fun but it is what it is. Next week, new chance.

lmntr
13-08-2015, 21:35
Well, it was one of those races for me; About lap 15 or so, I was surprised that I was about to be lapped! Or was it a faster driver was behind me? It must have been CopperySinger5 who did a blinder in qualifying. On the last "s" turns before the pit entry, I tried to move over since I got a blue flag. I moved over and somehow I got hit from behind, sorry to who ever it was, I think I over-reacted and should have stayed on the racing line and then allow the faster driver pass on the straight. I could not get full performance after that, necessitating to pit for damage repair. I think I am getting the handle of this pits, but still unsure, sometimes I have done changes only for the car to continue as if on a drive through penalty, this time somehow it worked. Anyway, Big congratulations to the podium finishers, specially CopperSinger5, who not only won the race but set pole! Podium: CopperySinger5, KingFuzz69 and UHDmajava! Next track will be announced before 8PM tomorrow, London time.

slovoflud
13-08-2015, 21:37
Ahh, one of those days.
Q2 after coppery who also took the start and pulled away by 0.7 per lap. On lap 15 i was about 10 sec behind when something happened in front with coppery. I did pass him as he drove too the pits (i guess) and had a good lead when i went to the pit at lap 17 for new rubber and some gas. And in the pit i stayed: no new tires, no gas filled and not able to push any buttons. All to do was to abort the game. Not fun but it is what it is. Next week, new chance.

Exactly what happened to me! On lap 5 I had to pit due to damage, everything went fine, I came out of the pit lane but my car was absolutely undrivable. Spun it out a couple of times and there was no acceleration, couldnt get it to do 200km/h on straights... So I decided to pit again, when the car stopped, the game gave up on me, the only two buttons that were working were the Share and PS buttons. Had to quit.

Got it all on video here:
http://d.pr/v/16WIE

Anyway, you were all way to fast for me :) I felt like I was simulating traffic for you :))

CopperySinger5
13-08-2015, 21:40
good race everyone.

tigerpaw11
13-08-2015, 21:58
Exactly what happened to me! On lap 5 I had to pit due to damage, everything went fine, I came out of the pit lane but my car was absolutely undrivable. Spun it out a couple of times and there was no acceleration, couldnt get it to do 200km/h on straights... So I decided to pit again, when the car stopped, the game gave up on me, the only two buttons that were working were the Share and PS buttons. Had to quit.

Anyway, you were all way to fast for me :) I felt like I was simulating traffic for you :))

Yeah, that was strange. Hasn't happened to me before.

Anyway, congrats Coppery, great pace throughout the sessions. Well deserved!

kingfuzz
13-08-2015, 22:57
Congrats!!!.. CopperySinger5

UHDmajava
14-08-2015, 09:25
Thanks for clean and fair race! It requires whole bunch of driving skills to have a 30 decent laps in Formula A and survive first corners of the race. :D So big thumbs up for you guys! Especially CopperySinger5, your pace was stunning!

slovoflud
14-08-2015, 11:50
CopperySinger5, is it possible for you to post a video of your lap? you're in low 1:30s.. We could all learn from you :)

can someone post a review of the race? As I said above, had to quit early and missed all the blue flag fun :)

lmntr
14-08-2015, 19:06
Okay fellows, Dubai Autodrome GP has been selected for our next race this Thursday, August 20th, 2015, 8PM London Time. Please send your confirmations. Thanks. See details on the first thread post.

lmntr
14-08-2015, 19:08

Just wondering…What was your radiator opening? I do not think Formula A cars show you the engine temperature. Please correct me if I am wrong.

lmntr
14-08-2015, 19:12
Sorry, It is 29 Laps for Dubai. Also, be sure to update the project cars game before next Thursday. The file alone takes about an hour to download. You will not be able to use network features if you do not update first.

Tigerkart_22
15-08-2015, 20:17
Look forward to it

I can manage a 1:32 so I think I'm pretty quick ;)

lmntr
15-08-2015, 22:04
In that case, I have a long way to go. I just started practicing this track and thought I would get the hang of it because I know the track from the codies game. But wow! It feels totally different, I guess more realistic. So, I will be working hard out of the back of the grid. I take it you are confirming your attendance, so I will mark you as such. See you then!!

tigerpaw11
15-08-2015, 22:37
No wonder it feels different as this track its not in codies game :-). Maybe you think of yas marina in abu dhabi?

lmntr
15-08-2015, 23:03
No wonder it feels different as this track its not in codies game :-). Maybe you think of yas marina in abu dhabi?

Is that what it is ?, Now I am really laughing out loud!! :D

tigerpaw11
16-08-2015, 06:39
He he, could be :-)

However, i prefer dubai any day of the week instead of yas marina; much more fluent and interesting with more options to overtake.

lmntr
16-08-2015, 15:49
FYI. today, I will be opening a public lobby with our settings at 10 p.m. London time. The session settings will be same as in our first post. However, practice session will be 30 minutes, 15 minutes qualifying, 5 minutes warm up. Dubai GP 29 laps.

UHDmajava
16-08-2015, 19:01
I`ll be there

lmntr
16-08-2015, 23:51
I am sorry to our group members that joined today. I had envisioned an opportunity to gain exposure to our group by making it a public lobby. Well, that will not happen again! Some people joined but soon after the start when they saw they could not handle our race settings; they turned it into a ram fest. From now on for practice sessions will remain private lobbies and only members will be able to invite friends. On another subject now, KingFuzz69 will be joining us this Thursday at Dubai.

Racer Pro
17-08-2015, 00:54
i play formula A with no assist at all, and its the most easy car to drive in the project cars

lmntr
18-08-2015, 23:38
Well fellows, it was quite an interesting mock race alongside the automated competitors. I was hit from behind on the very first lap and by the time I came out of the pits because of damage repairs, I was already 40 seconds behind the next competitor. I worked my way back to the front in 5th place. I am still trying to fine tune my set up due to a floating feel on the front end at high speed straight. I think it is something to do with having a t100 wheelset. Also, who those that have not done so, please send your confirmation. Thanks.

tigerpaw11
20-08-2015, 15:12
Hi guys!
I'm really looking forward to tonights race, but so far this afternoon psn wont let me log in. Hopefully they get the problems sorted.

lmntr
20-08-2015, 15:20
Hi guys!
I'm really looking forward to tonights race, but so far this afternoon psn wont let me log in. Hopefully they get the problems sorted.
I just tried mine and was able to connect.

tigerpaw11
20-08-2015, 15:37
I just tried mine and was able to connect.

Sounds promising. Just checked psn website and it seems there been problems during the day. Maybe its depending on which region your in. Not home now so will check in a couple of hours again.

lmntr
20-08-2015, 16:01
I will share additional information for the benefit of others. I used to have problems with my Playstation connecting to the internet. My Wifi Modem used to be on one end of the house and my Playstation in the basement so the connection would always be around 45 to 60 % wirelessly. I used to be kicked out occasionally and sometimes would not log on. So I decided to temporarely bring my Modem to the basement and connect it directly on to Playstation. This worked great but would leave me temporarely without a home phone and some of my other devices a little weak in connection. I found a centrally located position for my Wifi that appears to fix this problem, which happens to be in the first floor right above the Playstation in the basement. I have no problems now. Occasionally, I had problems after that but I was able to find the culprit by chance when my wife used the microwave oven while I was playing; I got disconnected!! I turned out to be that the last time I worked on the microwave to replace the turntable motor, I left out a portion of the bottom that could not be re installed due to being perforated and being cut while repairs were done. I rigged a way to re install this missing portion and it seems the problem disappeared. Still, just in case, no microwave operation is allowed in my house while I am playing.

kingfuzz
20-08-2015, 18:04
I will share additional information for the benefit of others. I used to have problems with my Playstation connecting to the internet. My Wifi Modem used to be on one end of the house and my Playstation in the basement so the connection would always be around 45 to 60 % wirelessly. I used to be kicked out occasionally and sometimes would not log on. So I decided to temporarely bring my Modem to the basement and connect it directly on to Playstation. This worked great but would leave me temporarely without a home phone and some of my other devices a little weak in connection. I found a centrally located position for my Wifi that appears to fix this problem, which happens to be in the first floor right above the Playstation in the basement. I have no problems now. Occasionally, I had problems after that but I was able to find the culprit by chance when my wife used the microwave oven while I was playing; I got disconnected!! I turned out to be that the last time I worked on the microwave to replace the turntable motor, I left out a portion of the bottom that could not be re installed due to being perforated and being cut while repairs were done. I rigged a way to re install this missing portion and it seems the problem disappeared. Still, just in case, no microwave operation is allowed in my house while I am playing.

That is some story there..lol

tigerpaw11
20-08-2015, 18:31
I've got a lan cable directly connected to my ps4 so i guess that's not the real issue in this case. When visiting psn online (via computer) it says there is a current problem with login on psn since this morning.

I'll keep trying but if i'm not online you know the reason:(

lmntr
20-08-2015, 21:21
We had an exciting race today at Dubai Autodrome. I qualified 2nd and finished 1st with KingFuzz69 drawing ever so close on the last laps of the race. He ended up a couple of seconds behind me. And now, On to Zolder for 38 Laps. Please send me your confirmations. Thanks.

kingfuzz
22-08-2015, 20:12
[QUOTE=lmntr;1091905]We had an exciting race today at Dubai Autodrome. I qualified 2nd and finished 1st with KingFuzz69 drawing ever so close on the last laps of the race. He ended up a couple of seconds behind me. And now, On to Zolder for 38 Laps. Please send me your confirmations. Thanks.[/QUOT

http://youtu.be/s7yDcwQRtzc

lmntr
22-08-2015, 23:40
Good video, Thanks KingFuzz69. I did not realize at least from my cockpit how close you were behind me for quite a few laps at the end! I even slowed down a little for the finale aiming for a photo finish! An another note, I have received attendance confirmation from msvance23. You are welcome!! We are confident you would like what you see once you join us. Please familiarize yourself with the first post, we edit week to week. Thanks

lmntr
24-08-2015, 13:36
I received confirmation for this Thursday's Zolder GP from KingFuzz69 and Djeghe.

tigerpaw11
25-08-2015, 19:40
My problem with psn continues, only occasionally am I allowed to log in, soon to be logged out again. This seems to be a general problem here in scandinavia the last nine days.
So again would my participation on thursday be in danger, unfortunately. We'll see, if i can login - i race, otherwise i'll do a 38 lapper offline;-)

lmntr
25-08-2015, 21:13
I am sorry to hear that you have problems connecting. From what you stated, I seems the PlayStationNetwork in your country has connection problems. I still would check your speed again at http://www.speedtest.net I rechecked mine just now and I was shocked. I have Clear but they are only in business for until November and will stop support. I used to get 10mbps download and 1.9mbps upload. Well today…ping 50ms, download is 2.26mbps and upload is 1.04. A lot slower than before. Hopefully, I will be able to host without problems. I am moving to another Internet company at the end of this month which promises 18 mbps download and 4 mpbs upload, i will see. I hope to see you on Thursday.

kingfuzz
26-08-2015, 01:15
I can host lmntr...50mbps down.

tigerpaw11
26-08-2015, 02:56
My connection is not very strong, i know, but still its good enough to stream hd movies as netflix etc. I never had problems with psn pre ps4.

lmntr
26-08-2015, 13:30
I can host lmntr...50mbps down.
That sounds great. You can send me the first invite and then I will invite all others. We all really should be friends to each participants in case one day I might not make it to a race. Have you guys been having an issue with sound during the game? My engine sounded muffled at times.

lmntr
27-08-2015, 21:47
Well, very pleased. I qualified 4th and finished in 1st! I saved my tires and kept it off the wall. I made a few mistakes trying to decipher the various HUD information; I still need to work on that. Anyway, on to Watkins Glen for 28 laps. See you guys next Thursday. Check our first thread for event information. Thanks.

kingfuzz
28-08-2015, 00:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peUL7uBZkIA

kingfuzz
28-08-2015, 05:24
Congrats!!!.....lmntr.

lmntr
28-08-2015, 13:48
Exciting! I was biting my nails just watching you get closer and closer. It was getting more difficult as well since I like my low downforce; I was coming up to the edge continuously and braking more on a straight line with some minor lock ups sometimes. Good thing the game does not give you tire vibrations after lock up!! Good video! Thanks.

kingfuzz
28-08-2015, 15:35
Yea, that was just the first 15min of race...I was on the edge of my seat, legs were shaking so much had a hard time keeping my feet on the pedals..haha

tigerpaw11
28-08-2015, 16:00
Nice video mr fuzz and congrats to you lmntr to another win. Myself i clearly must change my race strategy; as now, i like to do two stints with less fuel and higher pace but with this games dreadfully long pitstop times (45sec) that doesnt seem to be a winning formula.

As for the race: had a good quali and started p1. Decent start and kept first position in turn one. Build up a 25sec gap until my pitstop on lap 19 but got passed by lmntr while pitting and came out 20sec behind. Realised lmntr pulled in consistent solid lap times so had trouble catching up. Pushed hard and was eight sec behind with 6 laps to go and try to up my pace over my limit ending up with a spin at the second chicane. Had to accept second place was the best i could do and just took the car to the finish line. Had great fun and was dripping in sweat from lap 5 and forward :-)

kingfuzz
28-08-2015, 21:49
Nice video mr fuzz and congrats to you lmntr to another win. Myself i clearly must change my race strategy; as now, i like to do two stints with less fuel and higher pace but with this games dreadfully long pitstop times (45sec) that doesnt seem to be a winning formula.

As for the race: had a good quali and started p1. Decent start and kept first position in turn one. Build up a 25sec gap until my pitstop on lap 19 but got passed by lmntr while pitting and came out 20sec behind. Realised lmntr pulled in consistent solid lap times so had trouble catching up. Pushed hard and was eight sec behind with 6 laps to go and try to up my pace over my limit ending up with a spin at the second chicane. Had to accept second place was the best i could do and just took the car to the finish line. Had great fun and was dripping in sweat from lap 5 and forward :-)

Yes, you were so fast, I saw you for about 5.5sec at the start and that was it. Next race, slow down, so you can be in the video..haha

tigerpaw11
29-08-2015, 18:19
Next race, slow down, so you can be in the video..haha

First i have to figure out a way to wave. Maybe the devs can include that in next patch...a wave button for videos must be top of the priority list, no?

lmntr
01-09-2015, 22:52
I just updated my Internet service and I am pleased. It is not the fastest but more than adequate, at least fast enough for my needs. Ping 35ms, 22MBPS download and 2MBPS upload. It is not as fast as KingFuzz69's. I have not tried the game yet but I will soon.

Raeang
02-09-2015, 14:55
Hi there...just wondering...will there be a fall or winter league? I would like to join. Confused with the start time as it is posted as London time but this is a NA league...I think??

lmntr
02-09-2015, 20:53
Hi there...just wondering...will there be a fall or winter league? I would like to join. Confused with the start time as it is posted as London time but this is a NA league...I think??
NA stands for no assists, thus the rest FARG stands for Formula A Racing Group. Our races are on Thursdays at 8PM London. (Lobby opens 7:30PM) USA times are Pacific Noon, Mountain 1PM, Central 2PM and Eastern 3PM. If you are still interested send us your PSN ID.

Raeang
02-09-2015, 21:08
NA stands for no assists, thus the rest FARG stands for Formula A Racing Group. Our races are on Thursdays at 8PM London. (Lobby opens 7:30PM) USA times are Pacific Noon, Mountain 1PM, Central 2PM and Eastern 3PM. If you are still interested send us your PSN ID.

Ah ha...that makes sense....I wish I could join, but that time does not work...enjoy!!

djeghe
03-09-2015, 05:19
Hi. I'm star ring to train a soccer team. On Thursday I've training and I could be able to play at 8.30 pm. If it's not possible to change game time I cannot join next events.
Who won in Zodler?

lmntr
03-09-2015, 13:28
Hi. I'm star ring to train a soccer team. On Thursday I've training and I could be able to play at 8.30 pm. If it's not possible to change game time I cannot join next events.
Who won in Zodler?
Given that we are still growing, delaying the race start time by 30 minutes would have to be agreed by all active members. But if we do that it would have to be that you are committing for the long term. Are you ready to do that? By the way, I won at Zolder. Take care and I hope to hear from you.

kingfuzz
03-09-2015, 21:59
Well, least I got a trophy...haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJbLVXUKjU

lmntr
03-09-2015, 23:13
Sorry, I just could not stop laughing. It just does not make any sense how your car flew in the air and then dugged into the pavement cracking it! I got one of those trophies before at Spa. Your front end seemed to wash out at first, then scraped the wall with no obvious damaged and then the unthinkable, your left side becomes airborne as if scooped up and then it digs in the pavement. I know you would have been hounding me the last 2 laps. Congratulations to tigerpaw11 on his win.
And now on to Silverstone GP for 26 laps. Our settings will be changed slightly in order to allow any view and auto gears. Weather and tires will be changed also. Please check out the changes in detail on the first thread.
Please send your attendance confirmation, thanks.

tigerpaw11
04-09-2015, 08:31
Well, least I got a trophy...haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJbLVXUKjU

That's nuts!

I said yesterday i've done something similar but it wasn't as crazy as this one.

lmntr
04-09-2015, 17:32
KingFuzz69, how did you get the fast lap times at the end of recording. Did you have to add it or was it automatic as part of the replay?

kingfuzz
04-09-2015, 18:32
Added snap shot.

FLANC #82

Confirmed for the next race.

Also, Fuel does not have x2..The options are Real, Slow, & off

Weather Progression options: Sync To Race, 2x, 10x, 20x & 30x

Time Progression options: Off, Real Time, 2x, 10x, 20x, 30x, 50x & 60x

Gravit8
05-09-2015, 18:39
May I ask why the limitation of manual gears? Also why double tire wear and fuel usage? I like that you post Up the events with the weather slots with time to practice. But not auto gears?

tigerpaw11
05-09-2015, 19:30
May I ask why the limitation of manual gears? Also why double tire wear and fuel usage? I like that you post Up the events with the weather slots with time to practice. But not auto gears?

I think we decided on tire wear x2 to make pit strategy more of a factor. As now there is possible to drive a 50% race without pitting. With wear x2 you at least have to pit once, or do a long run on the mediums. More strategy with higher tire wear.

The fuel usage was a thought that as we've compressed a 100% race into a 50% race, we would try to up the fuel usage to equivalent a full tank at race start but we realised it can only be set to: real, slow or none so i guess we stick to real.

I do believe auto gears will be allowed very soon if not already. We discussed this back and forth but i dont remember exactly what we came up with.

I'm sure lmntr will answer your questions more accurate soon.

lmntr
05-09-2015, 19:34
As stated in our first post in thread, we used to have no assists what so ever allowed and forced cockpit view only, but these are settings that will keep away most participants. In the interest of becoming more accessible, we have decided to allow at least for now experimentally, the use of auto gears besides the manual, and any view rather than forced cockpit. As far as the reason for double tire wear and fuel usage, that is because we run 50% of a formula 1 race length, thus the doubling of tire wear and fuel. We are aiming for pit work to be involved within the races. We may still tweak these two settings in a fair and equitable way. Let us know if you have any more questions. In the mean, you can practice Silverstone GP and join us on Thursday.

Gravit8
05-09-2015, 20:23
Thanks. I need a new chair before I can run those lengthy stints. I'd be looking for one more besides me. Chair is a priority so I'll let you know if I get one in time to participate. Thanks again

lmntr
05-09-2015, 23:29
Added snap shot.

FLANC #82

Confirmed for the next race.

Also, Fuel does not have x2..The options are Real, Slow, & off

Weather Progression options: Sync To Race, 2x, 10x, 20x & 30x

Time Progression options: Off, Real Time, 2x, 10x, 20x, 30x, 50x & 60x

Okay, Let's leave fuel at real and tire wear X2. Let's try our three slots at weather progression at x2 (there is no x3, the closest is x2) We can try these settings and see how it goes.
Also, to clarify time: 14:00 hours in game, real progression and date type race date.

lmntr
05-09-2015, 23:32
Thanks. I need a new chair before I can run those lengthy stints. I'd be looking for one more besides me. Chair is a priority so I'll let you know if I get one in time to participate. Thanks again
I know what you mean. Personally, I have a 2' x 4' board propped on two chairs. I have the pedals kept from moving forward by a heavy box and the sofa pushed to make up the seat. I have bought wood that I plan to cut to make me a makeshift racing seat set. I know it sounds funny; you should see some pictures.

tigerpaw11
06-09-2015, 04:02
I know what you mean. Personally, I have a 2' x 4' board propped on two chairs. I have the pedals kept from moving forward by a heavy box and the sofa pushed to make up the seat. I have bought wood that I plan to cut to make me a makeshift racing seat set. I know it sounds funny; you should see some pictures.

I can really recommend the 'wheelstand pro', an easy to fold rack in metal. Once the wheel and pedals are mounted it only takes seconds to fold it. It becomes quite manageable and can easily fit in a small closet. (I hope my wife doesnt read this as it's always standing in the living room anyway)

No chair included though..

Gravit8
06-09-2015, 04:10
I can really recommend the 'wheelstand pro', an easy to fold rack in metal. Once the wheel and pedals are mounted it only takes seconds to fold it. It becomes quite manageable and can easily fit in a small closet. (I hope my wife doesnt read this as it's always standing in the living room anyway)

No chair included though..

Thanks

I'm looking at a real racing seat anyway. Fitted for my height and waist. Something I can stuff in a real car someday. I'll probably build my own rack for it out of electrical strut and maybe some wood or mdf. As soon as it's ready. I'll be jumping into more events. Current setup isn't helping my posture or my spine at all. ;)

Ivo got it worked out now to where it all stays pretty still. Just body/mental fatigue sets in quickly as I'm not at all in a proper seating position.

kingfuzz
06-09-2015, 05:45

We are allowing drivers to use auto or manual gears.

lmntr. You might want to word that a bit different on first page. Makes it sound like we're forcing drivers to use auto gears only.

lmntr
06-09-2015, 14:42
We are allowing drivers to use auto or manual gears.

lmntr. You might want to word that a bit different on first page. Makes it sound like we're forcing drivers to use auto gears only.

Done.

Andy1094
06-09-2015, 18:28
Hello I just got a message from you about this forum. I'm down to join this and i only have a controller if that's ok? Also my PSN is Andy_1094

lmntr
06-09-2015, 18:34
Hello I just got a message from you about this forum. I'm down to join this and i only have a controller if that's ok? Also my PSN is Andy_1094
You are definetly welcome! I will be sending you a private message asking for information. You will always find the upcoming race specifics in the first post on the thread. I suggest doing mock up races with the settings. I will see you on Thursday or before in our occassional practice sessions on line. Don't forget to let tell your friends about us, the more the merrier.

wheelsonly
06-09-2015, 18:43
GARY BROWN psn wheelsonly, give me a shout!

lmntr
07-09-2015, 00:58
GARY BROWN psn wheelsonly, give me a shout!
Welcome, You will be getting a private message from me. I hope to see you soon on track!

slovoflud
09-09-2015, 16:46
I'll be at Silverstone tomorow, guys!
See you there

lmntr
09-09-2015, 21:34
I'll be at Silverstone tomorow, guys!
See you there
I am glad to see you back. Please familiarize with the race settings as we have changed them slightly; All the informatiion is on the first post. Take care and see you on track.

slovoflud
10-09-2015, 17:29
Great news!

I'd vote for manual transmission restriction if there was a poll though :)

slovoflud
10-09-2015, 21:05
Tyres completely gone on lap 8...

not getting the pit lane choice system, put on the wrong setup that was preselected. So, my tyres were overheated after 1 lap and gone after a fe up to a point I got a notification that I should pit, it wasn’t drivable at all… So had to pit again.

Tyre wear is too fast IMHO

All in all it was super fun! Has anyone saved the replay? The start was really interesting, alas PS4 only records the last 15 minutes..

lmntr
10-09-2015, 21:35
Well, I had the correct strategy worked out and was in 1st with tigerpaw closing in on lap 16. It looked like the rain was stopping on the next lap or so; I was getting ready to pit for tires and fuel when….. I hit the wall. I tried to make it back to the pit but blew the engine. Congratulations to tigerpaw11 on his well earned win. The next race will be Imola with 31 laps. Look at the first post for race setting information. Also,we will be working on the final tire wear setting. For now it will remain on x2, but look in a couple of days to see if it changes.

lmntr
10-09-2015, 21:50
Great news!

I'd vote for manual transmission restriction if there was a poll though :)
Yes, it is a change we made in an effort to be more accessible to participants. I can almost speak for all of us here that we still continue to use our usual settings. Nevertheless, anyone is welcomed in and use auto gears.

kingfuzz
11-09-2015, 01:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDud1xtbO0

Great race!!!

lmntr, sry to hear about your DNF. It's at the end of the video, so you can watch it over & over...lol

Awesome win!!! tigerpaw11

slovoflud
11-09-2015, 04:49
Thanks for the video!
Can you please share your camera and helmet settings? Looks very comfy :)

kingfuzz
11-09-2015, 05:29
Helmet Cam: 65
High Speed Shake: On
World Movement: 100
G-Force Effect: 0
Helmet Depth Of Field: No

Everything else is default.

tigerpaw11 waves at the camera as he goes by lmntr ...lol

slovoflud
11-09-2015, 08:18

I know you guys are quicker, but yesterday I was pretty chuffed to get 23rd on Silverstone in TT :)
Hope to see more NAFARG members up there! :)

lmntr
11-09-2015, 15:33
Great video KingFuzz69. I was biting my nails and had shaky legs while watching. I watched my catastrophic damage at the end and yes, Tigerpaw11 did wave. Talk about psychological warfare! I need to regroup for the next race. I almost feel like Nico Rosberg! And….who was that racy driver in the Peoples Bank #18? He certainly looked very racy in the rain and not afraid to push it. Wonderful driving all, we were very mindful of our space on track and in the rain! That is what I envisioned of NAFARG.

Andy1094
12-09-2015, 02:40
I swear ive been playing with tigerpaw these past on imola these past couple of days. Also would it be possible to move the race time? I live in NYC and i have class every thursday when you have your races.

tigerpaw11
12-09-2015, 05:57
First race with the new settings and it sure was more eventful with some rain (lots of it) and tire wear x2.

I just want to explain what i said after the race regarding my quali: when entering the last turns it was starting to get slippery as the rain started to come down and i lost my car and slided over the grass ( cut the corner) and back on track somehow. The game did notice it as a drivers mistake and not as i was cutting the track so i got a time set at 1.35.1 something. Fortunately my second lap (clean) was 1.35.5, still ahead of p2 so i've started on pole with a clean conscience. If i not would have set a faster lap than p2 i've would have backed down at the start.

Race: Got an average start but it seemed that the whole field was struggling for grip in the rain so got in turn 1 in the lead with slovoflud or Le coq on my tail. I stryggled for a few laps but got into a consistent pace and pulled out the lead to lap 12 when i pitted for a new set pair of wets. Got out 8 secs behind lmntr but closed in on him with my fresher rubber. I figured your tires where shot but realised you waited for the track to dry out a bit more to make it with just one stop so i wanted to get pass and build a gap as i also had to pit again to put on the slicks. After your crash i was in the lead and on lap 18 i went in for a pair of slicks and 30 litres of fuel but managed to screw up the pit stop and came out with a new pair of wets and no fuel.

Had to pit again and got it right this time but were 17 secs after King fuzz. First laps i did only gain 1 second/lap but on lap 21-22 i gained massive chunks each laps and did a pass on lap 23 i think and realised you were trying to make it to the finish line with your wets.

So, pleased with the win and that our settings gave a more dynamic race. Sorry about your crash lmntr, and yes, i tried to wave as i tried to avoid the carnage on track.

Again, an excellent video King fuzz. I tried to save the replay after the race but didnt found it afterwards, can you please tell me the correct procedure or where to find the video after you've saved it please?

tigerpaw11
12-09-2015, 06:03
I swear ive been playing with tigerpaw these past on imola these past couple of days. Also would it be possible to move the race time? I live in NYC and i have class every thursday when you have your races.

Yes, i had a lobby up and going yesterday with King fuzz and Le coq74 in it as well. I think i recalled your name in it too.
Regarding race time i'm not sure as with a lot of people joining in, do one or two races and leaving there is never gonna be a time that suits everybody i guess. You better talk to lmntr as he pops in here on a steady basis.

Cheers!

lmntr
12-09-2015, 15:47
Andy_1094, I have sent you a private message.

lmntr
14-09-2015, 14:33
We will have tire wear set at x2 for Imola this Thursday. I have sent a message on PS4 to all participants to vote on tire wear after Imola forward. I still can not send a group private message on this forum. Is it a Mac thing? I will try later on my Windows PC. Can someone do a test group private message?

tigerpaw11
14-09-2015, 16:46
I tried to include both you and king fuzz in the message i sent you yesterday but i could just send to one at a time. I cant find a dedicated group message button. I'm using a pc or android.

I've made friend with Sam1811 (i think it was) who is interested in joining in. I wrote to him to write his psn-id here so you or fuzz can invite him for imola.

kingfuzz
14-09-2015, 20:28
slovoflud, Andy_1094, Sam1811, Send me friend request please.

PSN: KingFuzz69

Thank you.

lmntr
15-09-2015, 16:20
I tried to include both you and king fuzz in the message i sent you yesterday but i could just send to one at a time. I cant find a dedicated group message button. I'm using a pc or android.

I've made friend with Sam1811 (i think it was) who is interested in joining in. I wrote to him to write his psn-id here so you or fuzz can invite him for imola. Okay, so it is not just me with this problem. I just sent a message asking about group messaging.

lmntr
16-09-2015, 14:51
Tigerpaw11, if you still have not found them, the saved videos are at Main game menu/My Home/Highlights

tigerpaw11
16-09-2015, 16:16
Tigerpaw11, if you still have not found them, the saved videos are at Main game menu/My Home/Highlights

Thank you Gil, i've found it with some help from mr fuzz. Now i just have to edit and upload it. It's just that for the moment there is too few hours per day. I'll get to it soon :-)

lmntr
17-09-2015, 23:43
I had a fairly exciting race today. I qualified 4th and finished in 2nd about 26 seconds behind Kingfuzz69 (I think, I have look it up again). KingFuzz69 had a bad start that allowed me to pull in front of him. Le-Coq74 in second had one of his trademark starts and soon was in 1st. Occasionally, I run practice races with him and he always starts as if his tires were made of gum with no loss of traction. I have to ask him later to tutor me on how to get one of those starts. KingFuzz69 was hounding me for about the first 17 laps or so until he pitted and then I pitted on Lap 20 with Le-Coq74 pitting on the next pit box up almost at the same time. I watched and watched and he pulled first and nearly instantaneously, I followed. I was watching the map intently to see were KingFuzz69 was at, and then, he flashed by us at the same time that Le-Coq74 either lost it or slowed down getting two wheels on the gravel. I had to slow down as well because I did not want to get in the way of KingFuzz69 who as on the road at speed and had the right of way. Both KingFuzz69 and Le-Coq74 began to pull away and I did not want to pursuit them at the limit since they had qualified ahead of me and I did not want to lose it by trying to be a hero. Nevertheless, I still did my best without over-doing it. I have say that all of us honored the two wheels on the road and feel very proud of that. We could have easily gone faster by going in the green areas and off road where Imola is conducive in taking you. My big congratulations to KingFuzz69 on his first win!!

I did not get a chance to record the fastest laps due to my camera having the wrong settings. I did record the finish time. If anyone leaves the session before the race is over, the game will not record your fastest and finish time at the end of the race. Stay in the lobby like I did last race when I crashed. If you leave, it also takes with it the ability to have a replay on your car. Please send the qualifying and the fastest laps to me if you have them.

Now, it is time to look at our next race. I dread to say it, Azure that is. I shudder at the possibility of carnage with our full damage and mechanical failures and a track full of walls. Anyway, the tire settings will change to x3 as voted. The weather slots will be Rain, Heavy Cloud and Clear at X2 weather progression. Please see first post for all the specifics.

If this sounds exciting to new comers is because it is! Don't let us have all the fun. Join us!!

lmntr
18-09-2015, 00:52
Update on race length of the Azure Circuit this Thursday. I learned that this track is the only track that does not conform to the mandate that all Grand Prix should have a minimun race length of 305 Km. This track's official length is 260.5 Km long in 78 laps. Thus, in keeping with the spirit of NAFARG running half official race distance, we will run the Azure Circuit in 39 laps. Phew!! I am glad, I was already dreading running 45 laps. Turn on the air condition because you are going to be drench in sweat at the end. :cool:

kingfuzz
18-09-2015, 01:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOIEAEff5M

Congrats to P2 lmntr & P3 Slovoflud

To bad tigerpaw11 lost connection, This bad fast cat posted 1:19 for a P1 Q and that was on 2x tire ware.

My race strategy: Pitted lap 15 fuel & tires
finished with 2.0 liters

Great race.

slovoflud
18-09-2015, 10:37
Well, all I can say is that it was a veeeeery lonely race in the back! I was so glad you guys started lapping me, at least those 28 seconds didn't feel like I was free practicing alone! :D

The truth is I could only manage ±1:25, compared to you lot I felt I was driving a Lada. If you watch the replay of the first lap you'll see the speed difference on the finishing straight where KingFuzz passed me (the first time LOL) :))) 2:10m

And I went off and got 5sec penalties about 4 times.

slovoflud
18-09-2015, 10:44
Edited

kingfuzz
18-09-2015, 12:39
Well, all I can say is that it was a veeeeery lonely race in the back! I was so glad you guys started lapping me, at least those 28 seconds didn't feel like I was free practicing alone! :D

The truth is I could only manage ±1:25, compared to you lot I felt I was driving a Lada. If you watch the replay of the first lap you'll see the speed difference on the finishing straight where KingFuzz passed me (the first time LOL) :))) 2:10m

Yea, Saved my KERS the first lap so I could pass you down the straight..plus DRS to seal the deal...VROOOM!!!....hehe...lmntr was another story, that cat defended every move I made...great race.

tigerpaw11
18-09-2015, 17:16
I'm happy for your win mr fuzz, solid driving. Well deserved!

Yeah, my connection is unstable, unfortunately.

I really thought, and hoped there would be some more drivers to this race. As now we have drivers with various experience and abilities, some are fast on certain tracks but slower on other tracks. Some have excellent tire management while others are strategic and produces repetitive laptimes throughout the race. There is no reason not to join as long as you are a clean driver. I'm very happy that our current lineup is very respectful both on and off track, cheers to you guys!

tigerpaw11
18-09-2015, 17:22

I know the feeling:-)
I raced in a league a couple of years ago and the other drivers were so fast they always lapped me. My first goal was to not get lapped, then be within one minute, then i aimed for top 5 and eventually i managed to get a podium which felt like a win.
Hang in there buddy, you get better for every race. Cheers!

tigerpaw11
18-09-2015, 17:29
Anyone else having problems to get the car around the sharp bends at monaco? I have to turn the wheel almost 180 degrees. No time for that while racing. I tried to recalibrate after patch 4.0 with no result.

Anyone else?

lmntr
18-09-2015, 18:09
Anyone else having problems to get the car around the sharp bends at monaco? I have to turn the wheel almost 180 degrees. No time for that while racing. I tried to recalibrate after patch 4.0 with no result.

Anyone else?
I have not even tried it yet, but Steering Ratio setting to a lower number comes to mind. I have no idea how twichy this will make it for the straights (As if Azure has straights). I might have lots of trouble, since I have not been able to dial out straight line twitchiness out of wheel as you can see in the video. It is so sensitive for me.

tigerpaw11
18-09-2015, 20:14
Thank you Gil. I've tried different steering ratios. Between 8.4 and 10.9 is what i normally use but for monaco i've been down to 3.9 which makes it a little better but not even close to what i'm looking for. And regarding twitchiness there is tons of it with 3.9 steering ratio.

Have you checked the steering sensitivity and deadzone in ffb configuration? Maybe that can help with your issues regarding twitchiness in general.

I did a couple of laps at imola just to make sure it wasn't the patch that messed up the wheel settings but no problems on that track. Maybe it's just about to adjust the driving style for monaco but it sure felt weird and really hard to make the car turn with reasonable wheel movements.

...to be continued.

kingfuzz
19-09-2015, 00:30

Anyone else?

T300 RS has a Rotation angle adjustable from 270 to 1080 degrees.

Have you tried to adjust with this feature ?

Default is at 1080 and you can adjust it in 5 steps down to 270. If you’re not sure how to do that, you press the D pad to the left or right and the mode button at the same time. To the left to go lower, to the right to go higher. If you go to the right while at 1080, it just cycles back to 270.

kingfuzz
19-09-2015, 00:32
I have not even tried it yet, but Steering Ratio setting to a lower number comes to mind. I have no idea how twichy this will make it for the straights (As if Azure has straights). I might have lots of trouble, since I have not been able to dial out straight line twitchiness out of wheel as you can see in the video. It is so sensitive for me.

Try dropping your steering sensitivity down to 25.

Steering Deadzone: 0

tigerpaw11
19-09-2015, 06:08
T300 RS has a Rotation angle adjustable from 270 to 1080 degrees.

Have you tried to adjust with this feature ?

Default is at 1080 and you can adjust it in 5 steps down to 270. If you’re not sure how to do that, you press the D pad to the left or right and the mode button at the same time. To the left to go lower, to the right to go higher. If you go to the right while at 1080, it just cycles back to 270.
That is a good advice, i'll try that for sure. Thumbs up!

I've read of another workaround and that is to adjust the steering ratio in the garage instead of in the pit.
Strange thing though, that i easily can make it through the hairpin at imola, or any track, with turning the wheel 90 degrees while a hairpin at monaco demands a 220 degree turn on the wheel.

...to be continued..

lmntr
19-09-2015, 14:59
Try dropping your steering sensitivity down to 25.

Steering Deadzone: 0
Yes, it is time to try to do something about. I will be doing that afer I come back today from going out with the wife.

lmntr
21-09-2015, 18:52
The twitchy feel in the high speed straights is nearly gone when adjusting the steering sensitivity down to 25 as suggested, I will try even lower. Thanks. As far as practicing Azure, I am still trying to get more adhesion on the front end. The low downforce set ups I like so much do not wok in Azure so I am experimenting with higher downforce. It should be okay since it is difficult to pass there, it is my trademark defense in other tracks. The only other thing I do not like is the ease of going out of bounds at pit exit with its mandatory 5 seconds throttle delay penalty during the race. So if you are behind me at pit exit, expect me to go veeeeery slow so as not to even touch the white line.

tigerpaw11
22-09-2015, 21:15
The twitchy feel in the high speed straights is nearly gone when adjusting the steering sensitivity down to 25 as suggested, I will try even lower. Thanks. As far as practicing Azure, I am still trying to get more adhesion on the front end. The low downforce set ups I like so much do not wok in Azure so I am experimenting with higher downforce. It should be okay since it is difficult to pass there, it is my trademark defense in other tracks. The only other thing I do not like is the ease of going out of bounds at pit exit with its mandatory 5 seconds throttle delay penalty during the race. So if you are behind me at pit exit, expect me to go veeeeery slow so as not to even touch the white line.

I seem to get a penalty no matter what pace i carry even though im inside the white line. The only time i'm not getting a penalty is when i directly cross the white line out of the pits, strangely enough.

Another strange thing is my wheel post-patch. I have to calibrate the wheel every time i turn on my ps4. Im mostly fiddling with the wheel/ffb setup instead of practising atm. And when practising, im mostly hitting the walls :-)

Not aspiring for a victory on thursday.

lmntr
23-09-2015, 00:54
I found that the racing line had turned itself on after I uploaded the PCars update and since I was short on time, I did not bother to turn it off until after my practice. By leaving the racing line on, I found out that in order to avoid the 5 second penalty coming out of the pits, the game erroneously will have you go into the racing line and make the first right turn on the left side of the curb!! right in the path of the cars on the track!! So for our race on Thursday, We will have to make room if we have a car on track and a car exiting the pits at the same time. You do not want to do a Hulkenberg as he did on Massa in Singapore and viceversa. The car at speed will have to take the left side and car exiting will have to take the right side. Tigerpaw11, you might be hitting the walls but you are blindingly fast when you are in rhythm! I saw your time at time trials and have no chance against you. I will just have to take it easy and concentrate on consistency rather than outright speed. You know those walls are very costly having you pit for damage. I am still struggling for pace and will be easy pickings for the others. Hopefully, I still will have time finding the magical set up.

tigerpaw11
23-09-2015, 04:18
I found that the racing line had turned itself on after I uploaded the PCars update and since I was short on time, I did not bother to turn it off until after my practice. By leaving the racing line on, I found out that in order to avoid the 5 second penalty coming out of the pits, the game erroneously will have you go into the racing line and make the first right turn on the left side of the curb!! right in the path of the cars on the track!! So for our race on Thursday, We will have to make room if we have a car on track and a car exiting the pits at the same time. You do not want to do a Hulkenberg as he did on Massa in Singapore and viceversa. The car at speed will have to take the left side and car exiting will have to take the right side. Tigerpaw11, you might be hitting the walls but you are blindingly fast when you are in rhythm! I saw your time at time trials and have no chance against you. I will just have to take it easy and concentrate on consistency rather than outright speed. You know those walls are very costly having you pit for damage. I am still struggling for pace and will be easy pickings for the others. Hopefully, I still will have time finding the magical set up.

Nonononono, i set one time in time trial, which doesnt count as race pace, especially on this track, but in a 39 lap race the pace will have to be much slower to have a chance to make it to the finish line. As you said, consistency is key here. And not hitting the walls :-)

Yeah, i noticed that racing line were on. I havent figured out why they dont put that in as an assist.
Sounds a bit dangerous too drive directly out on track, as it isin the braking zone, but i guess that could work if the traffic on track has right of line or whats it called..

lmntr
25-09-2015, 00:04
Azure was not a memorable race at least for me. I qualified 4th and finished in 3rd Position. My intent was to pit only once, but it all unravaled due to a fundamental miscalculation and I ended up making more than my fair share of pits stops. At the end, about 3 laps to go when it started raining, I said to myself, what the heck, I might as well experiment with intermediates. Not wishing KingFuzz69 any ill, I thought maybe he will hit the wall on his slicks. Very close to the end with KingFuzz right behind me, I made my impression of a pingball with the corner guard at the turn before pit entry; I had done the deed instead. Because of it, KingFuzz69 and I had contact and I proceeded to move out of the way. Huge congratulations with all fanfares and accolades go to le-Coq74 on his first and well earned win!! And now, onwards to our next race at the Buggatti circuit. I will be taking a short flight from Nice, France to Anger, France. then take a short ride on taxi to the Hotel Premiere Classe Le Mans, where I will take a much needed rest and relax until Thursday. Please see the first post of thread for all the race information. Relax guys, I am okay and well grounded. The far-out comments made are in fun and it was something we used to do in my old league.

kingfuzz
25-09-2015, 03:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhoCquXQ3Ck

What a race!!!

Congrats!!.... to le-coq74 on his first win...and lmntr P3

Race Strategy :39 laps of praying to the Race Gods.

Pitted lap 15 Medium tires & fuel.

kingfuzz
25-09-2015, 05:32
"NAFARG started with ultra hard core settings that were very restrictive and we are currently looking to ease up a little but still retaining the core values of when it was formed. So, with that in mind, we are allowing any view and the use of auto gears."

I vote we go back to our Hard Core settings.

...to be continued..

slovoflud
25-09-2015, 11:00
Hi guys! Sorry, Imntr, I saw your invites but decided to skip Monaco after a hectic week. Didn't have a chance to practice and my setup was moved a bit, as my father came to visit me for a week.

Hope to be there at Bugatti Circuit. I've never driven it, actually. Should be fun! :D

lmntr
25-09-2015, 13:33
Hi guys! Sorry, Imntr, I saw your invites but decided to skip Monaco after a hectic week. Didn't have a chance to practice and my setup was moved a bit, as my father came to visit me for a week.

Hope to be there at Bugatti Circuit. I've never driven it, actually. Should be fun! :D
It is understandable, Family comes first. We will see you on Thursday.

tigerpaw11
25-09-2015, 19:32
First of all, a big congrats to le coq on your first win. Solid clean driving mate! You were right up my tail for the first laps forcing me to make a mistake. I did a couple of more mistakes during the race and on this track a mistake is often combined with a broken suspension. I soon were one lap down and followed lmntr and king fuzz for about 8-10 laps until they pitted and i was on my own again which i celebrated with hitting another wall. Not my day except for quali.

I updated the firmware on my wheel, and fingers crossed, it seem to be working properly again. Looking forward to bugatti circuit.

kingfuzz
30-09-2015, 12:28
I vote 4x tires after bugatti

slovoflud
30-09-2015, 15:31
Said the man who has the 5th fastest time around the track in the World.... :)))))))

tigerpaw11
30-09-2015, 16:20
I vote 4x tires after bugatti

..looks like someone got excellent tire management.. ;-)

lmntr
30-09-2015, 20:38
Said the man who has the 5th fastest time around the track in the World.... :)))))))

What about the one in 14th?

lmntr
30-09-2015, 20:42
There has been a least two issues mentioned in the thread. I will be posting a group message in PSN in regards a vote to decide hard core settings and tire wear to take effect after Bugatti.

kingfuzz
30-09-2015, 21:09
Just think we should be using our medium tire compound more often.

The hard core settings was why I joined this group.

Yes, everything should be a group vote.

slovoflud
01-10-2015, 12:47
Imntr, have you seen the new PS4 update? There are a lot of new features around groups and communities. It would be nice to setup our own group or smth. Havn't tried it myself though, but worth testing out. Also there is now some kind of recomendation feature which might help us find new members.

slovoflud
01-10-2015, 18:10
Good news, guys!

This dev is bringing his app to ps4 in near future!
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming/page3

lmntr
01-10-2015, 21:18
Imntr, have you seen the new PS4 update? There are a lot of new features around groups and communities. It would be nice to setup our own group or smth. Havn't tried it myself though, but worth testing out. Also there is now some kind of recomendation feature which might help us find new members.
Yes, KingFuzz69 and I were talking about it a little while ago. In fact, he already created a "NAFARG community" which we can all join. I still need to learn all of its features: it is definitely a good idea. Thanks, KingFuzz69 and slovoflud.

lmntr
01-10-2015, 22:12
And now for my race report: I qualified 3rd and thought the race was going to be fought between slovoflud and I based on set times. Tigerpaw11 and KingFuzz69 had qualified convincingly ahead with seconds to spare. The race started and I had a good launch that it had me going by to pass for second before the Ralentisseur Dunlop "S" turns. I managed to pull a 6 second gap in the first couple of laps but then later, KingFuzz69 began to reel me in. We fought briefly for a couple of laps doing the impression of an accordion due to his high and my low downforce set up and then…. KingFuzz69 saw me go straight into the distance right before "S" du garage blue. In fact, my game had crashed. Hugely disappointed…. Gigantic celebrations with all the racket and whistles go to tigerpaw11 on yet another and well deserved win. Now it is time to announce the next race this coming Thursday which will take place at Donnington Park GP. It is also fitting to announce a return to our "core" settings as original with cockpit view and no assists. Our experiment with eased settings really did not pan out; I have my own theories but that is something for another occasion. Tire wear settings have been adjusted to x4 with the goal to bring in the use of medium tires to race strategy. To all potential new participants: Please check out the details on the race every Thursday by reading the first post in the thread. Thanks for checking us out.

kingfuzz
02-10-2015, 06:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkDCPmgPqDw

How about that Q-time tigerpaw11 set 1:15:190....holy chit!!

Congrats on your win tigerpaw11

To bad for lmntr's game crash and slovoflud's DQ

Pit Strategy: Lap 18 soft tires & fuel..had 1.0 liters at the line...chit that was cutting it close.

slovoflud
02-10-2015, 10:39
congrats on the good race!

So it went quite well in the beginning although I was slowing Kingfuzz down as the guys infront increased the distance between us, I then got a few penalties and span out trying to catch up, thankfully without any major damage.

However with 3 laps left I lost it into the first corner somehow... Very silly mistake, and i hit the wall on the right hard enough to lose a rear tyre. I thought I could still make it to the pits but got stuck on a curb. Was trying my hardest to get off it using all gers and revers, trying rock the car but burned the engine trying. I dont know why but I got a DQ, mot DNF due to mechanical failure.

Aniways the pace was only good for being lapped once :)
Desparately need more people, hopefully with skills to match mine, as every week it's quite lonely even on a short track like Bugatti :))

kingfuzz
02-10-2015, 12:59
congrats on the good race!

So it went quite well in the beginning although I was slowing Kingfuzz down as the guys infront increased the distance between us, I then got a few penalties and span out trying to catch up, thankfully without any major damage.

However with 3 laps left I lost it into the first corner somehow... Very silly mistake, and i hit the wall on the right hard enough to lose a rear tyre. I thought I could still make it to the pits but got stuck on a curb. Was trying my hardest to get off it using all gers and revers, trying rock the car but burned the engine trying. I dont know why but I got a DQ, mot DNF due to mechanical failure.

Aniways the pace was only good for being lapped once :)
Desparately need more people, hopefully with skills to match mine, as every week it's quite lonely even on a short track like Bugatti :))

Ah, was wondering what happen to ya. You were holding your own there at the start....I will have to watch your replay those last 3 laps. missed that crash.

Good race.

slovoflud
02-10-2015, 15:02
I've got is saved to ps4, will upload when i get back home. Want to see what happened there myself

lmntr
03-10-2015, 14:55
It looks like the same thing I did when I had KingFuzz behind me at Silverstone. In my case, I looked a fraction of a second too long on my rear view mirros.

kingfuzz
03-10-2015, 18:55
Dam, you about saved it there..that was weird how you were stuck, all 4 tires were on the car..it was like a invisible wall ...I see how you got the DQ ..when you tried to free yourself you were going the wrong way down the track.

tigerpaw11
04-10-2015, 19:54
A delayed race report:

I had one good quali lap which was needed as king fuzz were not far behind. Got an average start and had to cover up on the outside in turn one as lmntr got a perfect start and fli

lmntr
05-10-2015, 22:16
I have been doing laps in Donnington and decided to go online to check the line taken by some of the fastest gaming drivers and noticed that they were taking a wide entry into the first turn by going with all four wheels into the pit exit road. I also checked out some videos of real race footage and they were not doing this; in fact they did not even cross or touch the white line into pit exit road. I just wanted to mention we should still honor our 2 wheel self rule.

tigerpaw11
06-10-2015, 03:55
A delayed race report:

I had one good quali lap which was needed as king fuzz were not far behind. Got an average start and had to cover up on the outside in turn one as lmntr got a perfect start and fli

Hmm, what happened here with my report?

Ok, i'll keep it short this time. Average start, good race pace, pitted on lap 20, soft-soft. Sorry for your disconnect lmntr and your strange incident slovoflud.

Donington next!

lmntr
07-10-2015, 18:46
Hello, We are still looking for no assist Formula A drivers. We have prepared an inmersive and realistic season that includes tracks with F1 history. Join us for tomorrow's social race at Donnington. All race information is in the first post of thread. Thanks.

lmntr
08-10-2015, 22:56
I did not have a chance against either tigerpaw11 or KingFuzz69; both were just too fast (making a Rosberg face in the podium). My set up was altogether wrong and was way too slow in certain sections. But the real story lies somewhere else… I am amazed at the speed displayed by tigerpaw11 on yet another win!!!! Talk about momentum!! The Swedish fans flooded the racetrack to take a close look at their hero and were swinging their national flags with ardent fury. It was a controlled pandemonium paying respect to their hero!! Is there anyone that can take the fight to him? …. And yet, looking at him in the middle of all the commotion, you can see a total Hakkinen-like calmness in his demeanor. He is just as dangerous as Mika. Okay, let me calm down for a second. Congratulations also to KingFuzz69 getting another excellent result. Both of you were untouchable. And now, next Thursday we have Hockenheim GP, another track with historic value. Please keep checking our first post for all race information of our weekly races. Thanks.

tigerpaw11
09-10-2015, 10:21
I Okay, let me calm down for a second.

Yes please, calm down ;-)

As for the race, everything went very good. Good quali and race start. Filled up with gas and managed to stay ahead of king fuzz for the first stint. Had a quick stop and went for softs again while king fuzz filled up some gas which took some extra time. Had to manage the tires a fair bit as the x4 wear took its toll.

Hockenheim next!

lmntr
14-10-2015, 13:44
We are still looking for Formula A drivers to participate in a well thought out season. See the first post on thread for all the details concerning our core values and race settings. We have selected only tracks that have formula 1 history. Our group is respectful and clean and honor fair rules competition. This Thursday we are running Hockenheim GP in 33 laps. If you have the correct approach to racing and racing runs in your veins, check us out and join us.

Roberttadcaster
14-10-2015, 13:50
I am interested in this. Can I sign up for the social race please? PSN allyandrob

lmntr
14-10-2015, 13:56
Welcome allyandrob. Glad to have you onboard for Hockenheim. I will be contacting you in private message to request information. See you on Thursday!

WARDOG1995
15-10-2015, 00:12
WARDOG1995. Entered a random FA room, ended up being yours. Didn't know it was so serious X) probably could've taken the 33laps with no aids as a hint. I'd be down to join for another race.

lmntr
15-10-2015, 01:46
Yes, that was a practice mock race for tomorrow. We are running Hockenheim. You are welcome to join us. (Every Thursday :friendly_wink:)

lmntr
15-10-2015, 23:23
Hockenheim GP Race Report: Tigerpaw11 wins another one! KingFuzz ended up 25 seconds adrift while myself yet another 25 seconds further. The roar of the Swedish fans was deafening when the Podium interviewer presented their winner. Tigerpaw11's crew was embolden and began to break down the barriers to the Podium putting in jeopardy officials and their driver results. A stern shout from their enraged Team Principal was enough to make them stop on their tracks…. a little too late, just as his adoring and frenzied fans followed cue and broke down another barrier bringing into action more than few burly and swift and efficient security officials to control the situation while enabling some to see the inside of the emergency room. For sure some heads will roll before next race….Tigerpaw11's perfomance is becoming Hamilton-like…..Pheeew!!! Who can stop him?? Okay, now I need to get me a glass of wine… I will be back.
And now, it is time to announce next Race at the beloved Road America which will be contested in 23 laps. See the first post for all the details. We are still looking for good drivers to take the fight.

WARDOG1995
16-10-2015, 02:28
Im at school every single thursday for the entire day :/ don't think I'll be participating in any actual league races. What was the fastest lap for Tigerpaw11?

kingfuzz
16-10-2015, 07:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjRgzPBBlAs

lmntr
16-10-2015, 14:40
We have further updated the tire wear from X4 to X5 with the goal to bring in the use of medium and soft tires into the strategy. If any wonders why we did the first lap slow, it was due to a disconnection and we were following our rules of a first lap as formation lap after restart. Don't forget Road America this Thursday. WARDOG1995 asked for time lap details; I have updated the first post to reflect just that. Also, we are still looking for drivers.

lmntr
21-10-2015, 16:25
We are still looking for Formula A drivers to join us in what we envision is a season which includes tracks with historic formula 1 roots. Take a look at the first post for all details of our upcoming race tomorrow at fast and furious Road America.

lmntr
23-10-2015, 00:30
Race report: The crowd went wild after their home grown talent won of all places, at the home track of Road America. The emotions were so overwhelming that you could swear you saw tears rolling down on many a cheek. As soon as the podium interviewer presented their hero, the roar of the crowd was ear-splitting. They had come from far and near to support and were ecstatic that their driver had won…….I had won. Congratulations are also in order to KingFuzz69 for coming in second to earn another consistent and precious result. Tigerpaw11 came in third after recovering from unfortunate incidents that derailed his momentum but nevertheless, had an amazing recovery to collect points to still lead the championship.
Excuse me for my delayed report as I was celebrating and was in no condition.
Okay, now it is time to announce a race in the iconic track of Spa Francorchamps that will be contested in 22 laps. Please look at the race setting information on the first post. We have included a condensed version of the rules book. We are still looking for more Formula A drivers.

kingfuzz
23-10-2015, 09:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdedIFBQ_8M

tigerpaw11
23-10-2015, 18:08
Excellent video king fuzz. It was really good to see more people on the grid last night, unfortunately all didn't make it to the checkered flag but hopefully we all had some good racing.

Congrats to you lmntr on your well deserved win. You're a master in putting in solid lap after lap with no mistakes. If i had a hat i would take it off for you ;-)

lmntr
23-10-2015, 21:36
Thanks for your videos, KingFuzz69. Wonderful work. I also reviewed my video last night and saw double cars of 1,82, and 14. very strange. I had to relook at the qualifying results to get an idea of who was whom.

slovoflud
28-10-2015, 12:13
Hi guys!

Sign me up this Thursday for Spa ;)
Won't be doing any setup or testing prior to that, but wil give it all I have!
Are there more people in the races by now?

sebreceveur
28-10-2015, 13:11
Hey Guys!

I'll be there on Thursday for Spa.
Good luck every one!

lmntr
28-10-2015, 13:26
Hi guys!

Sign me up this Thursday for Spa ;)
Won't be doing any setup or testing prior to that, but wil give it all I have!
Are there more people in the races by now?
Yes, we have doubled and working on triple. Glad to have you back. You still can use your # 4.

lmntr
28-10-2015, 13:33
Hey Guys!

I'll be there on Thursday for Spa.
Good luck every one!
Excellent! Looks like we are going to have a good turn out again. We are still looking for drivers.

lmntr
29-10-2015, 00:20
Good thing that I checked! It appears European countries have returned to normal time from daylight saving time while American continent countries still are. So if you live in the American Continent, our race will start one hour earlier.

lmntr
29-10-2015, 13:30
Update to previous post: I rushed to announce that our race was moved to 1 hour earlier for American members, only to realize that I got it wrong. It is actually one hour later. London has returned to normal time while apparently the American Continent still is in daylight savings time. Please check your time zones to confirm. Sorry for creating confusion.

sebreceveur
29-10-2015, 20:26
Any guys I didn't get it at the end of race, I was on my 21th lap and tigerpaw11 finished the race so I got the 300sec warning to finish, but when I finished the 21th lap the race was finished for me (there was still time!) and I couldn't do the 22th lap. It's weird, isn't it?

lmntr
29-10-2015, 22:14
Any guys I didn't get it at the end of race, I was on my 21th lap and tigerpaw11 finished the race so I got the 300sec warning to finish, but when I finished the 21th lap the race was finished for me (there was still time!) and I couldn't do the 22th lap. It's weird, isn't it?
I have not reviewed the video yet, but based on finished times I believe tigerpaw11 crossed the finish line ahead of you; that effectively allows you only to finish the lap you are on at that time.

lmntr
29-10-2015, 23:42
The Podium: It is becoming a familiar sight to see tigerpaw11 at the top stop step in the podium. Many Swedish fans have taken up following their hero from track to track, country to country, to witness an ongoing miracle born out of the mother land. Meanwhile, both KingFuzz69 and lmntr are exchanging incredulous gestures with each other, while being observed by their respective teams in celebration and yet, with a weary look of tremendous pressure to up their game, how can this be? Unknown sources have somehow taken clandestine telemetry of tigerpaw11 in an effort to understand, only to leave them further confused by what they see. Such mastery of car control at the limit!
My race report: I had a near perfect start that saw me side by side on the way up the hill with sebreceveur. I though better of it and back off, since I learned some time ago, that the guy on the outside of the second bend usually hits the unforgiving wall if they push their luck. Later I exchanged places with sebreceveur a couple of times and finally was passed by KingFuzz69 on lap 10 when I tried to accelerate briskly out of the last turn before the start finish line. I had worn out tires by then and promptly enter the pits at the end of the lap. Later at pit exit, KingFuzz69 had just also left and found him about 8 seconds up ahead, he proceeded to increase his gap and I settled into consistent laps since I had a good gap to 4th finishing in 3rd.
And now, we are starting preparations to renew our efforts at the famous Catalunya GP track, which will be contested in 33 laps. Long term weather forecast tells to count on rain as part of the week end; so we will see if this rain becomes the "equalizer" it is reported to be. Some teams are starting to look for drivers to add to their line up, so how about it, is there any one out there to show it can be done? We are still looking for Formula A drivers. See first post of threads for all racing settings and details of our group. Thanks for looking.

kingfuzz
30-10-2015, 06:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRUb59E8328

lmntr
30-10-2015, 13:10
Thanks for your video KingFuzz69. Now I see what happenned to me; I got on the grass with worn out rear tires and accelerated out of last turn causing my car to oversteer. Excellent work. Thanks everyone that participated and I hope everyone had a good time.
Update: I have posted the race summary tables in first post.

lmntr
04-11-2015, 01:54
We are still looking for Formula A no assists drivers with the right racing approach to join us and start a season. Look at the first post for race settings and our group core values. Races every Thursday 8 PM London.

sebreceveur
05-11-2015, 20:53
What a crazy race tonight!
My tires (wet) last no longer than 3 laps.
I did the final laps with medium (yeah medium not intermediate!) and it was better.
I think we should change tire degradation x5 to x2 or x3. This was more about tire management that anything else tonight.
I am watching Formula 1 almost every time, and even in F1 the tires a not that crazy. For a race of 50 to 70 laps, they pit 2 or 3 times.

Anyway it was nice racing with you guys!

lmntr
06-11-2015, 00:56
What a crazy race tonight!
My tires (wet) last no longer than 3 laps.
I did the final laps with medium (yeah medium not intermediate!) and it was better.
I think we should change tire degradation x5 to x2 or x3. This was more about tire management that anything else tonight.
I am watching Formula 1 almost every time, and even in F1 the tires a not that crazy. For a race of 50 to 70 laps, they pit 2 or 3 times.

Anyway it was nice racing with you guys!
Yes, I also had my problems with tire wear. The game has miscalculated the tire wear of rain and intermediate tires to the extent they wear exceedingly fast; dry tires are much better. Our incidence for rain in our calendar comes out to 4 out of 16 with some type of rain; so the settings are correct for the most part. We just have to have correct strategy to make the most of it.

lmntr
06-11-2015, 00:57
The Podium: It was an absolute madhouse when tigerpaw11 emerged onto the podium! Another win! The Swedish fans can barely contain their emotions! Their chests full of pride and justifiably so. KingFuzz69 and lmntr emerged wearing frowns of customary disbelief; they have let this one get away from their grasp and they know it.
The race report: I had an excellent start from 2nd place that had CW82YZ and I pulling away from the rest; I felt relieved that I was managing to stay somewhat with him while leaving the rest behind. But this elation was short lived; somehow my tires were shot after 2 laps! I began to loose speed and rest was catching up with me. I said to myself, I had trashed my tires in an effort to keep up with CW82YZ when I should have taken care of them as I had done in the simulator. I made a pit stop around lap 4 to change tires. This time I was careful and the tires lasted longer in each of the many stints during the rain but it was too late as my first pit stop had taken me out of my planned strategy. At the end, I had made two extra pit stops with many of them with some type of problem that delayed my stay in each. I was in 5th place for most of the early portion of the race and soon was advancing due to misfortunes of my competitors that at the end I found myself in 3rd Place and felt a little bit like Perez when he inherited 3rd place in Russia! I will take it, I am just glad to be standing in the podium when it could have easily been worse. Another celebration for my Team and I. Let the margaritas fly!! …….Few hours of celebration go by….
Okay now, it is time to announce next race. Sakitto GP in 28 laps. The weather forecast predicts that the rain will make its presence felt around the second half of the race. Another wet one!
We are still looking for Formula A drivers to join!
See the first post of thread for specific race settings and to learn more of our group core values.

tigerpaw11
06-11-2015, 07:30
As per usual it cataluny - tire wear were monster-like, and in the rain, the wear were enhanced. I tried a different aproach and took it easy in the beginning of the stints, to make the tires last 6 laps, and increased the speed further into the stints. Did pit for wets on lap: 6,12 and 18 and switched for options on lap 24 which lasted to the checkered flag. I was fortunate to have flawless pitstops which helped a lot as CW82 seemed to have tons of trouble in the pits.

Looking forward to sakkitto. See you guys!

kingfuzz
06-11-2015, 09:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROw-Fp2zadE

sebreceveur
08-11-2015, 18:02
The weather forecast predicts that the rain will make its presence felt around the second half of the race. Another wet one!

I hate you :D

lmntr
08-11-2015, 18:25
I hate you :D

Blame mother earth. Well, ....the virtual dice. I also hate rain.

tigerpaw11
09-11-2015, 09:44
Actually i like the rain, in moderate doses ;-)
It makes the races more unpredictable and anything can happen, more or less. The tire wear in the rain is another question though..