PDA

View Full Version : Lack of participants multiplayer for PC / Request assistance / opinion on

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 05:47
Good Evening

1. After a lot of blood sweat and many tears, I have finally gotten my G27 controller just the way I like it. Now comes the second heartache: Muliplayer gaming

Issue - No matter the time of day, there very limited (less than 5 races available) multiplayer races online. A basic rundown of my network:

NetSpeed d/l 125mbps upload - 26mbps. Other multiplayer games on the Steam network have worked well in muliplayer.

Here is what I have done so far: Reinstalled pCars. Ensured latest patch installed. Reset modem, router. Checked firewall. Although this question is for the PC, on my xbox it shows my NAT as open.

Request your assistance.

PLATFORM - PC Windows 10 64bit participants

CONTROL METHOD
INPUT METHOD SELECTED
CAR/TRACK/TIRES
HARDWARE (on PC) GTX 970 4G / AMD 4.10 / MSI 970 Gaming MotherBoard / Corsair 32GB 1600 Corsair H100i / Samsung 27 inch Curve x 3 / G27 Wheel /

Even though Im 34, Im really new to the proper protocol forums. If it would make it easier if I presented an issue in a different way, let me know. Oh and learning C++, I don't know how you guys do it. RESPECT!!

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 05:55
Step 1. Change your platform to "PC" ( Control Panel), currently you show XBOX

Step 2. STEAM > Settings > Download > Region change it to "UK - LONDON" and voila there are all the lobbies!

See, right now there are significantly more Europeans playing the game than Americans. So if you switch your STEAM over there you'll see all their rooms.

Feel free to add me "umer.ahmad" to your list. And i see your from around my area so if you ever wanted to meet up send me a PM

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 06:34
Umer

Thank you for your reply. I changed my profile to reflect as PC.

I changed to London UK, restarted Steam. I am showing about 6 active races. How many do you show?

Oh and I added you as a friend on Steam. You are my very first friend lol. :)

xautos
06-07-2015, 06:53
Umer

Thank you for your reply. I changed my profile to reflect as PC.

I changed to London UK, restarted Steam. I am showing about 6 active races. How many do you show?

Oh and I added you as a friend on Steam. You are my very first friend lol. :)

i usually see anything from 5-50+ rooms over the day. depending on the time of day ofcourse.

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 07:13
i usually see anything from 5-50+ rooms over the day. depending on the time of day ofcourse.

Ok I will try again later while keeping English timezones in mind. Thanks again :)

xautos
06-07-2015, 07:23
Ok I will try again later while keeping English timezones in mind. Thanks again :)

its not the weekend so check after 3pm, when there are more kids online and later on around 6pm around rush hour time when the 9 to 5 shift is over.

edit: opps. i will get timezone thing out, just noticed your location.

9am your time and then noon.

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 09:16
2 groups i can recommend:

A. "TGC" organized bt ZiggyUK are European-based.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-NCC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-New-Comers-Club-Recruitment-OVER-SUBSCRIBED&p=1029575&viewfull=1#post1029575

B. "Clan AOD" are USA-based
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25394-Clan-AOD-is-recruiting-clean-racers!

I've raced with both groups, nice guys.

xautos
06-07-2015, 10:11
2 groups i can recommend:

A. "TGC" organized bt ZiggyUK are European-based.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-NCC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-New-Comers-Club-Recruitment-OVER-SUBSCRIBED&p=1029575&viewfull=1#post1029575

B. "Clan AOD" are USA-based
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25394-Clan-AOD-is-recruiting-clean-racers!

I've raced with both groups, nice guys.

the same AOD crew thats been around forever over many games?

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 10:39
Correct, seems they are gettting serious about project cars mow

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 15:21
Correct, seems they are gettting serious about project cars mow

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I registered with AOD. I am fairly new to gaming. I took a 15 year break :p 6 months into it, I have made the following observations:

1. Lots of buttons
2. People are just angry
3. Avg life span on Call of Duty online: 12 sec

All most gave up on project cars....people crashing into me, hours spent on figuring out what they controls mean.

In night school, taking C++. So.....respect. Lots of respect on how the devs do it. Ian Bell needs to make a documentry on how they pulled it off.

Are the folks on AOD "adults"? As in being apart of Team Human? (language, etc)

F1_Racer68
06-07-2015, 15:44
@sailordude9980 - Check out our website (http://canamvrl.no-ip.org). We are currently still racing in GT6 on PS3 (our final season), but I am working on plans for a formal series to run in Project CARS on PC starting after the summer. We pride ourselves on fair, clean racing. We strive for realism above all else, so Project CARS is finally the perfect sim for us. Unfortunately we haven't been doing much online right now (still working on some careers and getting the feel of various cars).

Our membership ranges in age from 17 to 45+ and covers all of the continental U.S. as well as Canada. We don't have age or skill restrictions, instead focusing on driver etiquette. Feel free to add me on Steam as well (SteamID: F1_Racer68)

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 16:06
@sailordude9980 - Check out our website (http://canamvrl.no-ip.org). We are currently still racing in GT6 on PS3 (our final season), but I am working on plans for a formal series to run in Project CARS on PC starting after the summer. We pride ourselves on fair, clean racing. We strive for realism above all else, so Project CARS is finally the perfect sim for us. Unfortunately we haven't been doing much online right now (still working on some careers and getting the feel of various cars).

Our membership ranges in age from 17 to 45+ and covers all of the continental U.S. as well as Canada. We don't have age or skill restrictions, instead focusing on driver etiquette. Feel free to add me on Steam as well (SteamID: F1_Racer68)

You had me at "Drivers Etiquette" :) Im new, but I WANT to get better and at the end of the day, just want to have fun. Life is hard enough :) I will add you. You are now my 2nd friend on Steam. None of the guys my age play games online :-P.

Checking out your site now.

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 16:40
"...want to get better."

You said the magic words:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28168-Develop-Your-Skills-Safe-is-Fast

Yeah, none of my friends (both of them) race much, their loss. ;)

Mahjik
06-07-2015, 17:12
Just to make sure, you aren't running the 32-bit version of Windows and/or you aren't forcing to run the 32-bit version of pCARS correct? Those will limit the online sessions you can see.

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 17:17
Mahjik

My OS is Windows 10 64 (build 10159). As far as I can tell, I am pulling from pCars 64 bit via Steam.

GTsimms
06-07-2015, 17:28
You can add me on Steam!!!

Mahjik
07-07-2015, 03:10
One more thing to check, have you altered the "Max pings / minute" value in the Steam settings?

sailordude9980
07-07-2015, 03:46
No, I didnt even think to check that. Great suggestion! What would the ideal setup be?

Mahjik
07-07-2015, 13:19
No, I didnt even think to check that. Great suggestion! What would the ideal setup be?

I just leave the default (Automatic or something like that) and see plenty of sessions.

sailordude9980
08-07-2015, 05:30
I scaled my ping tolerance back just a bit. I tried an online game a few hours earlier than usual. Much much better! Lots of folks online. Im sure it had much more to do with time of say than the ping settings for me.

Again, thank you for taking the time to assist :)