PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Decals

Solost
06-07-2015, 05:58
Morning all.

Just a quick one. I have been scanning The Paint Shop thread, admiring the amazing work people have put into making skins for all the cars. I stumbled across a few screen shots of cars that in the game don't have YiroTires in white text on the tires but are clearly visable in custom paint screen shots. Merc SLS GT3 being the car i'm most interested in..

Is there a way to add this option too cars? Even downloading paints where the screenshot shows these wheels doesn't then translate in game.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21932-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT!)/page2 is the thread in question.

Sorry to be a pain.

Regards.

blueshinex
06-07-2015, 09:17
You mean these DDS files?

NWRAP
06-07-2015, 09:29
I have also been wondering about this.

Solost
06-07-2015, 16:53
Yes sir. Those are the ones, i mean it's no biggie i'm just a sucker for decals on race car tires.

Alan Dallas
16-07-2015, 02:14
Yes sir. Those are the ones, i mean it's no biggie i'm just a sucker for decals on race car tires.

The Tyre DDS files aren't included in the Custom Livery sets. Only the wheel. You'd have to Mod the game in order to change the Tyre sidewalls textures.

NWRAP
16-07-2015, 02:48
The Tyre DDS files aren't included in the Custom Livery sets. Only the wheel. You'd have to Mod the game in order to change the Tyre sidewalls textures.

Any chance they can be included for customization in the future by including the tyre dds file in the custom livery sets?

SphereOfChaos
19-07-2015, 19:29
I'm guessing the tire walls aren't included for modding the same way some cars aren't: Those are brand names that are not licensed to be modded at this time. It's mainly a legal issue (I think). :)