PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and game pad players time trial?

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 07:44
How come a player using gamepad or keyboard, all aids are on and makes world top 10 best time. Slightly mad have to solve this problem, this game is a sim not a stupid arcade racer. Please fix this!!!

Alan Dallas
06-07-2015, 07:47
Calm down man.

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 08:06
Sorry but this is annoying. I never seen gamepad player or aids on in gran turismo rankings top 100. I think this.is problem and must solve immediately. Because this situation is killing te challenge and te game`s reputation.

ONT
06-07-2015, 08:08
There should be a list for NO ASSISTS ..... IMHO :cool:

FA RACING 01
06-07-2015, 08:20
Sorry but this is annoying. I never seen gamepad player or aids on in gran turismo rankings top 100. I think this.is problem and must solve immediately. Because this situation is killing te challenge and te game`s reputation.

Guys using assist like ABS and TC were always slower than those racing without it on FORZA. In PCars however, because of the total different and more real life car phys., some assist like TC and ABS will put you either on par or at an advantage above those not using it, depending on the car and the driver off course. So it is expected that those using it will do better on the PCars leaderboards - mainly because the game is more SIM.

OperatorWay
06-07-2015, 08:36
If racing games required a wheel-&-pedals setup to be competitive, I don't think the games would sell nearly as well.

Not everybody wants to spend the money on a wheel-&-pedals setup.

Not everybody wants to take up the space of a wheel-&-pedals setup.

Not everybody wants to (or is even able to) sit in the confined position of a wheel-&-pedals setup for extended periods.

I know it's hard to share your toys, but other people play the game too. You should welcome all the additional competition.

SpeedFreakDTM
06-07-2015, 08:39
It's a sim....it's a sim..... It's a sim....LMFAO.

Does that mean it's supposed to be really difficult? Who cares if it's a sim, it's a game...go play!

wraithsrike
06-07-2015, 08:47
How come a player using gamepad or keyboard, all aids are on and makes world top 10 best time. Slightly mad have to solve this problem, this game is a sim not a stupid arcade racer. Please fix this!!!
These moans get more pathetic every day.
If your good enough go beat them.

You can't fix what isn't broken.

RobMUFC1987
06-07-2015, 09:25
Haha. I always laugh when wheel users get butt-hurt. I'm a pad user and I think I'm pretty good. I'm not the fastest in the world, but I'm pretty consistent.

Wheel users sometimes think just because they're faster with a wheel than on a pad, automatically makes them faster than all pad users.

I mean I've even seen people on youtube winning races on iRacing with a pad

EMW Simmo
06-07-2015, 09:48
So just because your on PC n got a wheel you think you are better than everyone else...
Wake up there are racers on console with pads that are fast v fast, what you should worry about is if these racers decide to take it more serious and buy a wheel n PC then you will be upset....lol
Oh and 99% of reall ife race cars use some form of assists, you apply what makes you faster, dont tell me ive heard it a million times if all assists were off you would be top lol...if the Lbs depended on assissts off then all the top guys would just turn them off aswell n you would look even more stupid, so be thankfull you have somekind of selfbelief left lol, or a mislead ego.

Toxic
06-07-2015, 09:53
So just because your on PC n got a wheel you think you are better than everyone else...
Wake up there are racers on console with pads that are fast v fast, what you should worry about is if these racers decide to take it more serious and buy a wheel n PC then you will be upset....lol

There are racers on PC with Pads and Keyboards who are also v fast. And vice versa on console. I do not get the OP's point.

Brent G
06-07-2015, 10:13

I have a wheel and pedal set up and personally couldn't give a shit who's faster than me and with what control. As long as I'm enjoying the game the way I wanna play it I don't care if I'm the worlds slowest.

feloney_x
06-07-2015, 10:18
he assumes all pad players and kb are using driver aids seems like he is just mad about getting knocked out of his pos by a pad or kb player

i use a controller and i DO NOT USE tc /sc/ab so you are mistaken. the reason i don't is its kinda useless to tune you car with the driver aids on when as soon as you hit mp they are going to be off so must tune with them off or you are not consistent from one to the next and i got knocked out of 4th to 5th on le mans 24h in the gulf1000 by a keyboard player but i didnt come complain about it.as a matter of fact i think the first place holder is on keyboard as well

Brent G
06-07-2015, 10:26
Yeah Feloney ya probably right mate, I think some take it way too serious. Just relax and enjoy the 'game' for yourself I say.

Paulo Ribeiro
06-07-2015, 10:31

I just don't get your problem.
Is it matters really?
Enjoy the game, who cares who is at TOP 10 or 100 and with which control?
Don't you agree that DEVS time is more useful fixing real issues?
Don't you agree that there are more important things in the world?

Just have fun, pCars is an excellent game, enjoy it.

Sankyo
06-07-2015, 10:36
There is no reason why a wheel user should be faster than a keyboard/pad user. Using a wheel doesn't make you a better sim racer automatically; some people are very skilled at using keyboard or pad.

The thing is that a) keyboard/pad users often use driving assists, which tend to make driving easier, or at least make you less prone to make mistakes, and b) the game interfaces between the keyboard/pad and the physics engine (where using a wheel would have you connected directly to the physics engine). The controller filtering for b), when done right, takes away a large part of the difference between wheel and keyboard/pad control methods.

Simply put, for the game and the input to the physics engine, it makes no difference whether someone uses a wheel or another type of controller, it's all steering and pedal input.

And when the steering and pedal input is more or less the same, the results will also be more or less the same, so no reason to expect a significant difference between users of any controller type unless the filtering of controller input is really broken.

Ridygo
06-07-2015, 13:36
It doesn't matter which controller is faster. But it will be good if the game filters those statistics by controller. Lists are not equal in this state.

For example, Keyboard player can control its wheel while spinning more easily, because keyboard not push his fingers away cause of tires spinning. But wheel player needs to hold the wheel while spinning, and at the same time he needs to control clutch, gear, gas and brake. It is more difficult playing with wheel.

I think there should be a filter for this matter.

xautos
06-07-2015, 13:50
There are racers on PC with Pads and Keyboards who are also v fast. And vice versa on console. I do not get the OP's point.

i can still drive keyboard if i wanted to, but i use a steering wheel because i need the exercise :p. back in the f1c days there was a 2 second gap between keyboard and steering wheel players, i know this because i was on the limits with keyboard control as i was with steering wheel controls at their limits with nothing left. i expect a similar result because the keyboard isnt exactly precise, the same with gamepad users.

the settings i used for the keybard are custom in the control settings, adjusting the acceleration from 100% to say 25% for more smoother control over skittish cars notorious for low grip. and adjusting the axis pressures to make it smoother on left and right keys.

bodyshop
06-07-2015, 13:51
1st world problems...................

AdM1
06-07-2015, 14:24
OP seems mad because he is slow and cant beat pad players with his expensive rig?

Jason Ganz
06-07-2015, 14:34
OP seems mad because he thinks keyboarders.... should be slower.

Toxic
06-07-2015, 16:12
Yes its an odd one isnt it Jason Ganz. if i recal you were very vocal about keyboard controls on WMD - so it was obviously worth it :-)

Edit - thinking about it, this is also another good example of the success the WMD platform has had with the game.

N0body Of The Goat
06-07-2015, 16:43
There are at least two alternative leaderboards out there for pc...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32319-Alternative-Leaderboard-for-PC-Players&p=1032767#post1032767 (http://pcars.13ms.de/)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34023-DOWNLOAD-Time-Trial-Leaderboards-Tracking-Tool

Cry_inc's has all sorts of filters that can be applied, I've not tried hoodi4cars' yet.

The SMS one for pc is http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

Phishfinger
06-07-2015, 16:49
Do some people just get mad because after spending thousands of pounds on a rig they still get beaten by pad users? It seems there's a real hostility towards console and game pads under the surface of the sim racing community.

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 16:51
Do some people just get mad because after spending thousands of pounds on a rig they still get beaten by pad users? It seems there's a real hostility towards console and game pads under the surface of the sim racing community.

Yeah, there is, even in this forum I've read some pretty idiotic remarks. People need to understand that big rigs with button boxes, connected ipads showing telemetry and simulating motec, 5 displays and what not are to increase the immersion level, not to make you faster.

Brent G
06-07-2015, 17:13

I know, I just dont get it! Some PC user on these forums recently implied to another forum user that because he plays with pad on a console that his opinion didn't matter. As though being a console user made you some how inferior. What utter bollocks, no matter the platform or control input method we all deserve to enjoy the game equally and the same goes for any ideas or quearies we want to make known. Creating some sort of divide between PC and console users is total playground behaviour. "Mine's better than yours", " but I've got a wheel". Come on people get a grip, we all enjoy the same thing so lets act with a bit of unity.

feloney_x
06-07-2015, 18:53
lol i noticed on one of them lb links it says i had assists on (alb/sc/tc) so now i have a mission :) to beat my own time on 24 le mans without the assists not to prove op wrong but for my own satisfaction

id like to hit about 4:20:xxxx lol rite now its 4:22:xxxx but 4 20 would be perfect if you know what i mean llol

3800racingfool
06-07-2015, 19:19
Sound's like OP's afraid his manhood might get questioned because someone on a keyboard/who uses assists is faster than he is with a wheel/no assists.

If you're fast your fast. Doesn't really matter if you're using all assists or none. The assists are there to be used as a tool so if someone wants to utilize those tools more power to them. If you want to spend 5 weeks with one car and track to set a fastest lap so you can gloat about "havin dem ballz" go right ahead. But there's no rhyme or reason to complain about someone who uses his aids to top that time after spending an hour on the same track with the same car.

I know and race vs a number of people who are damn fast with a gamepad. Just makes it that much more challenging to catch up. (though, if I do have one complaint, I do find it annoying how unpredictably twitchy they can be during a race)

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 19:24
Sound's like OP's afraid his manhood might get questioned because someone on a keyboard/who uses assists is faster than he is with a wheel/no assists.

If you're fast your fast. Doesn't really matter if you're using all assists or none. The assists are there to be used as a tool so if someone wants to utilize those tools more power to them. If you want to spend 5 weeks with one car and track to set a fastest lap so you can gloat about "havin dem ballz" go right ahead. But there's no rhyme or reason to complain about someone who uses his aids to top that time after spending an hour on the same track with the same car.

I know and race vs a number of people who are damn fast with a gamepad. Just makes it that much more challenging to catch up. (though, if I do have one complaint, I do find it annoying how unpredictably twitchy they can be during a race)

Some people don't touch control configurations or car steering settings. I've spent hours with each of my favorite cars to develop the most smooth line possible. Other thing is, sometimes subtle movements can be shown bigger my screen than they were on the player's screen.

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 20:00
OP seems mad because he is slow and cant beat pad players with his expensive rig?

I am a Gran Turismo player for years and I played the game only an hour but you can check my times and aids. By the way problem is not the pad users must be slow. If all aids on then you must be slower because of the traction or other aids. This is the problem!

By the way I am already faster than most of all aids on pad or whatever player.
I am only saying this game must be fair and realistic! I am saying again THIS IS A SIM not an ARCADE racer!

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 20:02
I am a Gran Turismo player for years and I played the game only an hour but you can check my times and aids. By the way problem is not the pad users must be slow. If all aids on then you must be slower because of the traction or other aids. This is the problem!

By the way I am already faster than most of all aids on pad or whatever player.
I am only saying this game must be fair and realistic! I am saying again THIS IS A SIM not an ARCADE racer!

So GT and LMP players should all use all aids.

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 20:06
Lets talk about the facts ha? If you turn off the aids a car gets faster but harder to control right?
So what are you talking about?
All aids are on and playing with gamepad and making the fastest times. This situation looks normal to you? If you say yes this is normal then go play Need for speed!
I only want the developers give us a solution.

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 20:13
Lets talk about the facts ha? If you turn off the aids a car gets faster but harder to control right?
All aids are on and playing with gamepad and making the fastest times. This situation looks normal to you? If you say yes this is normal then go play Need for speed!

What I am saying is, GT cars in real life have traction control, stability control and ABS, that said, to simulate it you should use it. I play with all off because my friends who host races have the lobbies set that way, but I have nothing agains people who use it.

By the way, I play what I want, when I want, with who I want and that's not for you to decide.

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 20:16
What I am saying is, GT cars in real life have traction control, stability control and ABS, that said, to simulate it you should use it. I play with all off because my friends who host races have the lobbies set that way, but I have nothing agains people who use it.

And you are saying polyphony digital making the gran turismo wrong for years?

Mad Al
06-07-2015, 20:16

You want a solution to a non existent problem ?

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 20:17

Nope, I'm saying the real life is that way, if you can't accept that, it's your problem, not mine.

PS: when I say GT I'm talking about the racing class not the game.

GamingCanuck
06-07-2015, 20:18

Yes, as a matter of fact, they have. The physics in GT has been bonkers since the first one, but you can be fast in both GT and pCars without assists in GT cars.

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 20:20
Yeah allright I understand everybody happy to be fast with aids ;)

TheReaper GT
06-07-2015, 20:21
Yeah allright I understand everybody happy to be fast with aids ;)

Great talk to you. :)

gtrmurat
06-07-2015, 20:23
Yes, as a matter of fact, they have. The physics in GT has been bonkers since the first one, but you can be fast in both GT and pCars without assists in GT cars.

Thanks man I am already fast in both GT and Pcars. But this not means this is right.

Paulo Ribeiro
07-07-2015, 08:42
http://ohmygodcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Are-You-Not-Entertained.jpg