PDA

View Full Version : Car is getting ghosted + AI damage

altid6
06-07-2015, 09:19
For me Project Cars is all about endurance races, offline and online.

And it is a great game for having endurance races, even though some features is still missing like time limit on races and picking cars and livery for AI opponents. But hopefully that will come in the future.

Yesterday I ran a 100 lap race on Spa, with 35 GT3 cars, real time weather (all clear on Spa) but with weather and time progression to x5. I wasnīt aware of how much patch 2.0 had changed to the tire wear, so that was set to x2. There was a practice and qualifying session before the race, so I was ready for a nice Sunday with Project Cars. Full damage, mechanical failure and rules were on. No driving aids.

Now practice and qualifying went smooth and I made a nice setup for the car (Aston Martin V12 Vantage) and a pit strategy.

So the race started and it was a clean start.

On lap 2, I saw the first bug.
In the Busstop chicane 2 cars ran straight through me, like I was a ghost!!!!

Then on lap 10 I lapped a Porsche which ran really slow and with sparks flying all over the place. Maybe he had a puncture or lost a wheel, I donīt know but I thought that it was really cool to see the AI having mechanical issues. A couple of laps late the Porsche was still crawling around the track really slowly, why didnīt he go into the pit!!!
Then all hell broke loose. Cars crashing everywhere, cars crawling slowly around the track and cars crashing into the slowly moving cars.
At lap 70 I counted 8 cars crawling around the track, with sparks flying from the cars (none of them going into the pit for repairs). 8 cars were already parked in the pit garage and out of the race and another 6 cars was scattered all over the track pointing the front of the car into a tire barrier but still running because I could see smoke from the tires and fire from the exhaust. Seems like they wasnīt able to reverse.

Only 12 cars made it to the end of the race.

I think that it is really great that the AI also suffers from mechanical failures but this was just pure madness. Or you can say that the madness and the bug is that the AI does not head into the pit for repairs. Several times I saw a wounded slow car, driving right past the pit entry to continue into another lap.

And know that we a talking about pit stops and bugs. Then thank you SMS for fixing the issue with the tires overheating after a pit stop, but please also fix the pit strategy and the save function.
I made a nice pit strategy during practice, renamed it and it worked during practice and then in the race the pit strategy had changed into using my Clio Cup strategy with some completely different settings.

That is really frustrating.

Oh yeah and there should have been a lot of blue, yellow and white flags in this race, but none was seen, so hope that will come in the future as well.

So my request to SMS is to fix these 3 bugs that I found yesterday.
1. My car suddenly turning into a ghost car, so the AI runs right through me.
2. Mechanical failure and damage to AI cars is really cool, but the AI needs to be able to handle the damage, seeking into the pit for repairs.
3. Setup and pit strategy saving is really frustrating and does not work as it should.

Keep up the good work SMS .
This game has so much potential, it just needs some small fixes and extra features to be an all time greatest ;).

BaSsMaNLoFtY
09-07-2015, 20:13
I have notice ghosting around the entrance of pitstops for AI, which I assume is a design decision to stop mass pile-ups when AI is moving from the racing line to the lane.

I have not come across something similar but the AI was simultaneous trying to overtake and defend a position from me. This led to the AI simply ghosting into my car for a moment.

Is it something to do with overtaking logic, or that we were close to the pit entrance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7S0NGKbMVU

Umer Ahmad
09-07-2015, 20:35
Yes, reported this one yesterday. I thought it was only at Spa but seems like Silverstone (and potentially any/all tracks) is also affected

Sebstinator
09-07-2015, 22:07
Yeah, got the same bug, same corner, but Clio Cup in career...

Elmo
12-07-2015, 14:34
1. My car suddenly turning into a ghost car, so the AI runs right through me.
2. Mechanical failure and damage to AI cars is really cool, but the AI needs to be able to handle the damage, seeking into the pit for repairs.

Did anybody else find those problems too?

On #3 - pit strategy will be improved with the upcoming patch.

Also I changed the title so other players have a look

Elmo
12-07-2015, 14:41
Merged with another thread about ghosting to keep the information in one place. Added to known issues for PC/PS4

altid6
13-07-2015, 07:30
I have made som further test regarding tire wear and pit strategy for the AI cars.
The problem seems only to be there when you set tire wear to x2, x5, x7 and so on. If the tyre wear is keept to real, the AI has now problem in finding the pit when there tires are worn out.

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 08:52
I have made som further test regarding tire wear and pit strategy for the AI cars.
The problem seems only to be there when you set tire wear to x2, x5, x7 and so on. If the tyre wear is keept to real, the AI has now problem in finding the pit when there tires are worn out.

This is also a know problem... thanks for reporting though.

HiSpeeder
01-09-2015, 11:22
Did anybody else find those problems too?

On #3 - pit strategy will be improved with the upcoming patch.

Also I changed the title so other players have a look

On 1. yes, at Spa AI cars continuously ghost through me at the bus stop chicane and actually win positions by doing so. Maybe I'm not aggressive enough on the brakes, but a bit annoying to keep losing places like that. Yesterday I braked a bit too early on lap 1 and 3 AI cars went straight through me. Pretty sure I noticed it at other circuits around the pit entry as well, for example Monza short (where after the tire chicane at the beginning of the straight cars have to dive to the right to make the pit entrance - they don't try at all to avoid me just ghost straight through me).

Mad LL
29-09-2015, 21:24
The same just happened to me at the first race of the 320 TC invitational at Oulton Park International in career mode. It was also near the pitlane.
The replay file and a backup of my profile/save just before this race are available if necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=ZJqfBpYeA6Y

I also noticed that there were two cars with the number 36 : the "Union Jack" Kmax I was racing and a "green white red" of the Borda team. The #36 Kmax and #54 OCH Racing labels are also swapped in the livery selection screen.