PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PS4 Patch 2.0 Release notes

Pages : 1 [2]

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 11:49
any suggestions on T100?

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 12:08
This really makes me sad. The game experience is still very buggy. Delaying a product over and over again, releasing it with a lot of bugs... Not perfect, but ok. But after 2 MONTHS, the game experience to me is still UNDRIVEABLE.

First of all, with more than 30 AI opponents, the timing (or even worse: physics) is far off (see post here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31603-Free-Practice-Race-Weekend-Timing)). Also, the tire wear is still not corrected. When I set it to 7x, the AI runs on flat tires after 5 rounds, I can do more than 15 on them without running on flats. Also, the AI seems to not recognize tire wear, or why would they still drive them until they are flat? This also leads to cars crashing all over the place (tested on Hockenheim GP).

I have waited a very long time for the first patch, which corrected NOTHING (as far as I can tell). I decided to give you another try - because you know, everybody makes mistakes. But now, 2 months later, nothing has changed. I am deeply frustrated by a game I can not play at that stage of development. Also, there is nothing to make up for all the problems. Have a look at Witcher 3, which gives WEEKLY free content. And their game is playable, unlike yours.
This might sound harsh, but as you can imagine, I'm disappointed a lot. I also have to warn my friends from buying this game at this stage, since it is not worth playing at the moment. This is something I have never done in all the years I'm playing games. I hope you start changing things fast.

Pirategenius
07-07-2015, 12:29
not to bother anyone, but on PS4 with T100, what should tire force be at?

Tire force set to 100 use JackSpades Classic settings the wheel feels great with the light ON.

Doug914
07-07-2015, 12:34
This really makes me sad. The game experience is still very buggy. Delaying a product over and over again, releasing it with a lot of bugs... Not perfect, but ok. But after 2 MONTHS, the game experience to me is still UNDRIVEABLE.

First of all, with more than 30 AI opponents, the timing (or even worse: physics) is far off (see post here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31603-Free-Practice-Race-Weekend-Timing)). Also, the tire wear is still not corrected. When I set it to 7x, the AI runs on flat tires after 5 rounds, I can do more than 15 on them without running on flats. Also, the AI seems to not recognize tire wear, or why would they still drive them until they are flat? This also leads to cars crashing all over the place (tested on Hockenheim GP).

I have waited a very long time for the first patch, which corrected NOTHING (as far as I can tell). I decided to give you another try - because you know, everybody makes mistakes. But now, 2 months later, nothing has changed. I am deeply frustrated by a game I can not play at that stage of development. Also, there is nothing to make up for all the problems. Have a look at Witcher 3, which gives WEEKLY free content. And their game is playable, unlike yours.
This might sound harsh, but as you can imagine, I'm disappointed a lot. I also have to warn my friends from buying this game at this stage, since it is not worth playing at the moment. This is something I have never done in all the years I'm playing games. I hope you start changing things fast.

What was your race setup with the 7X tire wear? Car, classes etc. i want to try running it here to see whats up.

Pirategenius
07-07-2015, 12:36

I have not experienced any of the problems you mention. The tyre wear is fine on my ps4 career mode. It's also working correctly in other modes. The AI try to avoid you now. Sometime its unavoidable they will hit you.
To say its undriveable is a bit much. The game still has a few little niggles to be ironed out, but it's perfectly playable and the career mode is really enjoyable now.

Do you really own the game? Just seems like your only here to whinge and start an argument

Knightfall
07-07-2015, 12:49

I completely disagree with this entire post.

First of all, saying this game in unplayable is irresponsible at best. There are countless posts about how specific races with all sorts of different options have gotten better from release to right now; and they were playable at release.

There are noticeable improvements all over the game after each patch like tire wear, track cut zones, performance, AI response and tactics, car performance, car sounds, etc.. I mean the list goes on.

Furthermore, you provide nothing to help them "start changing things fast" (to use your own words) you just make assertions that are untrue or can't be replicated.

Lastly, it doesn't sound harsh, it sounds immature and incompetent.

Fong74
07-07-2015, 12:49
Small suggestion for future updates maybe:

The "Delete Profile" hint placed in every release note during the beta, which gave us all a laugh from time to time at the end, made almost everyone aware of the fact, that something had to be done actively by the user to receive all changes included in the update.

The same is true for the consoles now. We dont need to delete files somwehere in the system, but we need to reset controller settings from the main menue and do the same with every car setup we already built (I assume all cars not having been touched by the user receive changes automatically by the update process?).

Would it be possible to place a "Reset both FFB options (game and setup) after the update" (or something similar) disclaimer in the release notes?

I think the effect would be similar to the beta over time, so the disclaimer becomes almost obsolete. But currently, some users are irritated as they install the patch and start going not realizing they have to do the resets if they want all new settings to take full effect. Console users are generally not really used to do something after an update. With pCars we have a wonderful multi platform title (in my opinion, so dont kill me, I know there are still bugs) that was developed on the PC. This heritage can be felt while using it imho. For me its perfect. For ppl never have played on a PC it might be something they need to get used to first. So having a hint placed in the release notes, might maybe help to close the experience gap a bit.

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 12:51
Tire force set to 100 use JackSpades Classic settings the wheel feels great with the light ON.

hi there, with the light on? light is usually on, or do you mean with blinking red light "F"unction key on wheel? (will try your info...)

not sure, really thinking of deleting all the game, saves and other files on PS4 and starting from scratch to see how it does then. (since the T100 wheel is perfectly fine on my PC with other racing games)

Crisis Nine
07-07-2015, 13:14
He means the light constantly on, not blinking.

diesel97
07-07-2015, 13:32

The "Delete Profile" hint placed in every release note during the beta, which gave us all a laugh from time to time at the end, made almost everyone aware of the fact, that something had to be done actively by the user to receive all changes included in the update.

The same is true for the consoles now. We dont need to delete files somwehere in the system, but we need to reset controller settings from the main menue and do the same with every car setup we already built (I assume all cars not having been touched by the user receive changes automatically by the update process?).

Would it be possible to place a "Reset both FFB options (game and setup) after the update" (or something similar) disclaimer in the release notes?

I think the effect would be similar to the beta over time, so the disclaimer becomes almost obsolete. But currently, some users are irritated as they install the patch and start going not realizing they have to do the resets if they want all new settings to take full effect. Console users are generally not really used to do something after an update. With pCars we have a wonderful multi platform title (in my opinion, so dont kill me, I know there are still bugs) that was developed on the PC. This heritage can be felt while using it imho. For me its perfect. For ppl never have played on a PC it might be something they need to get used to first. So having a hint placed in the release notes, might maybe help to close the experience gap a bit.

I'm not sure you have reset everything every update (you shouldn't have too ) there are many threads saying the oppisite . It would nice to know a final answer from a dev on this.

Flaw3dGenius
07-07-2015, 13:55

Wow! I never knew this! So after each patch we have to reset all cars for the force feedback to take effect? I've only reset the wheel & pedal settings! Most likely where im going wrong.

Fong74
07-07-2015, 14:00
I'm not sure you have reset everything every update (you shouldn't have too ) there are many threads saying the oppisite . It would nice to know a final answer from a dev on this.

Definitely!

I saw some ffb values changing with the manual reset after v1.4. Now I heard different opinions on that after v2.0 (I am at work now, so I cant check it myself).

Yesterday I was testing without resets and the game felt as great as it did before the v2.0 update. So I had no issues tbh. The only thing I was thinking of were the FFb improvements I read about (centering spring etc).

So, yes, the question remains if we have to do the resets or not? :angel:

Fong74
07-07-2015, 14:04
Wow! I never knew this! So after each patch we have to reset all cars for the force feedback to take effect? I've only reset the wheel & pedal settings! Most likely where im going wrong.

Let us wait for an official statement on this please. We just dont know atm.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 14:07
^My rule of thumb: "If it aint broke don't fix it."

If you got nice FFB right now, don't touch anything. Don't reset controller.

Linx
07-07-2015, 14:20
Thank you so much SMS. Had a blast playing last night. So tempted to call into work "sick" . Great job!

Fong74
07-07-2015, 14:22
Absolutely aggree, Umer. Would be very good to know, though, if the new parameter values, if there were any, will have an effect immediatly after installing the patch or after doing the named resets.

Ill leave my system un-reset-ed until we get some piece of advice from the devs...

Pirategenius
07-07-2015, 15:08
hi there, with the light on? light is usually on, or do you mean with blinking red light "F"unction key on wheel? (will try your info...)

not sure, really thinking of deleting all the game, saves and other files on PS4 and starting from scratch to see how it does then. (since the T100 wheel is perfectly fine on my PC with other racing games)

Hi mate
The F light should be on. I've not deleted anything on this update. Just remember not to plug the wheel in until you see the main title screen where you press x to continue. Once the wheel has done its thing. Press x on the wheel. You should have no problems with it then

NeoAkane
07-07-2015, 15:19
Hey,

I just noticed on the licensing screen that Ruapuana International Raceway is our new addition for the this month (Yay! :)), but what about that grey square between Donington and Imola?

tgrey
07-07-2015, 15:37
Hey,

I just noticed on the licensing screen that Ruapuana International Raceway is our new addition for the this month (Yay! :)), but what about that grey square between Donington and Imola?

Ooohhhh... good find! I wonder which layouts we'll get!

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 15:38
Looks like the Chev logo beneath it. Must be the Camaro. ;);) Or the Corvette. :confused:

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 16:31
Problem with tire wear 7x happened with BMW 320 Group 5, M3 320 Group A, Z4 GT3.
To me, it makes no sense playing the game at the current state. Either I want to race with lots of opponents like the real Le Mans, or I want a quick, fast race with 7x tire wear and lots of stops. If you had a look at the post I mentioned, you'd see that I did a lot of trial & error myself. No one responded from the developers until now. This is what makes me sad. I'm even offering help (which beta testers and/or the developers should have fixed in the first place a long time ago...).
Your opinion, my opinion. No need to pull my thread to a level that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to achieve.

tgrey
07-07-2015, 16:34
Looks like the Chev logo beneath it. Must be the Camaro. ;);) Or the Corvette. :confused:

Uhm... are you sure you don't mean Dodge? LOL

diesel97
07-07-2015, 16:40
Hey,

Did you notice that Road America is gone as somebody in the forums pointed out earlier

Fre.Mo
07-07-2015, 16:55
Ian I'm sorry to bother you again with this but could you please please please ask the devs to add a slider to fine tune the centering spring alone?
The tyre force slider affects too many other FFB values when we just want to lower the centering spring.

This is really what we need, if you look at this thread some people are happy with the centering spring as it is now and some other still find it too heavy, which means there is no perfect static value, its open to personal preferences. Thanks a lot!

The FFB from the wheel is one one the most important aspect of car game and many of us find hard to set it accurately.
In order to find a BALANCED setup, do we need a new HUD graph with the different components of the FFB and not only a total one? Namely, a yellow curve for total FFB, a blue one for fx component, a red one for fy component...
Will this be useful?

NeoAkane
07-07-2015, 17:12
Did you notice that Road America is gone as somebody in the forums pointed out earlier

No, I didn't. Indeed, there's no Road America anymore... Strange.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 17:14
What? I just raced it 5 minutes ago!

http://youtu.be/5P6MKzou8zQ

I'm on PC, not sure if that matters.

tgrey
07-07-2015, 17:16
What? I just raced it 5 minutes ago!

http://youtu.be/5P6MKzou8zQ

I'm on PC, not sure if that matters.

I think they mean in the logo image. ;)

NeoAkane
07-07-2015, 17:20
Umer Ahmad, we were talking about the Road America Logo/Badge on the licenses screen some posts above. haha
It's gone, that's kinda strange.

wyldanimal
07-07-2015, 17:23
Could you share your settings please?

See my Post here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31161-1-4-FFB-T300-Ps4&p=994281&viewfull=1#post994281

this is what I'm using

General settings
FFB = 75 Tire Force =100 <-- FFB 75 helps to reduce Center Spring effect <-- Increase SP Master and Sop Scale
Rel Gain = .82 Bleed = .65 Clamp = .76 <-- control wheel weight and clipping
Scoop Knee = .80 Scoop reduction = .15

then for each car on each track. Start with these and adjust as needed
SP Master = 90 <-- lower if you get clipping
Fx 40, Fy 10, Fz 100, Mz 50, <-- these are good proportions. experiment to your feel ratio is 4,1,10,5
Fy Smooth 10, Mz Smooth 10, Arm 2800<-- Arm is about 2/3rds to the right 2800 on most cars.
SoP Scale 60, if you adjust SP master, also adjust this one too I keep 9/6 ratio about the same
Sop Lat 60, Sop Diff 70<-- adjust Lat and Mz for more rear looseness feeling

ratios
means if I adjust Fx to 40, then the others are 10,100,50
if I adjust Fx to 25, then the others are 6, 62, 32
but feel free to experiment to find what feels good to you.

note on Karts:
I find the Steering Ratio is just too fast, so I adjust the Steering as slow as it will go..

Course Note:
Azure Circuit Hair Pin.. Need faster steering to make the turn.
with Formula A, I was always hitting the outside wall. Adjusted the steering to be faster ratio Helped a lot.

Spliffyclyro
07-07-2015, 17:57

I don't post much in forums, I'm one of the quiet ones that reads quietly away liking the odd post here and there be it constructive or witty. This post however has prompted me to reply and simply say that despite the bugs that this game has it is still without a shadow of doubt the best driving game that has graced any console. As for 'Undriveable' the term bollocks springs to mind. I have bought the t300, the th8 and the t3pa pedals and I for one find it extremely 'driveable'.

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 18:07
I'm not a native speaker, but (and please: READ CAREFULLY!) "the game experience to me" : the tracks and the specific things I want to do, don't work the way they should. Furthermore: I agree that the game has the potential to be great. It just has too many bugs specifically in that area that I want to use.
To me, there is no use in racing opponents that run on flat tires after 5 rounds and thus are no real challenge, no matter what difficulty I select. This is what I call "undriveable".

amazed
07-07-2015, 18:07
Even with a humble T100 this game makes me grin from ear to ear. That's what it's all about!

Spliffyclyro
07-07-2015, 18:22
[QUOTE=Sebwi;1035797]I'm not a native speaker, but (and please: READ CAREFULLY!) "the game experience to me" : the tracks and the specific things I want to do, don't work the way they should. Furthermore: I agree that the game has the potential to be great. It just has too many bugs specifically in that area that I want to use.]

To me, there is no use in racing opponents that run on flat tires after 5 rounds and thus are no real challenge, no matter what difficulty I select. This is what I call "undriveable".[/QUOTE
I'm not looking for an argument so there's no need for the caps!! I read your whole post and it wasn't exactly taxing my brain enough to have to try and read it carefully. I read the 'for me' bit quite well thanks. What I am saying though is that the 'Undriveable' comment is not really true. The bugs (even the ones you have every right to complain about) do not make the game so broken that you cannot drive it. Also if you feel the need to have your friends boycott this game that again is your prerogative, I however actively encourage my friends to buy it and have done since the day I purchased it.

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 18:24
What is wrong with you people?! Just because I'm not screaming "this is the greatest game ever", you attack my opinion?! In fact, I'm posting here to make the game BETTER. All you're doing is praising the game, which is far more pointless than trying to improve it.

neovdr
07-07-2015, 18:27
Where exactly did you offer any suggestions Sebwi?

Spliffyclyro
07-07-2015, 18:30
Firstly there is nothing wrong with me, secondly I was not and I am still not attacking your opinion but simply stating that factually it is incorrect. The game is and always has been driveable (albeit with bugs). I guess it boils down to simple folk like me just enjoying things for what they are and not getting irate over what is, has and always will be a video game!!

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 18:35
Again: not a native speaker, so please don't focus on single words for they might be wrong. Call it pointless, not worth playing or whatever you like. See post above.
I'm reporting bugs. Sorry that I'm not a programmer and can't offer the final solution already.

Bealdor
07-07-2015, 18:37
...In fact, I'm posting here to make the game BETTER. All you're doing is praising the game, which is far more pointless than trying to improve it.

Firstly, you complained about already acknowledged issues, then you're saying that Witcher 3 gets weekly updates.
Serious question: What do you think why CD Project can release weekly patches while SMS can't? ;)

Then you complained that no dev has responded to you (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34129-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-2-0-Release-notes&p=1035654&viewfull=1#post1035654) while Doug914 actually posted directly after your first post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34129-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-2-0-Release-notes&p=1035198&viewfull=1#post1035198).

Honestly for me this sounds not like "trying to improve the game".

Fanapryde
07-07-2015, 18:40
What is wrong with you people?! Just because I'm not screaming "this is the greatest game ever", you attack my opinion?! In fact, I'm posting here to make the game BETTER. All you're doing is praising the game, which is far more pointless than trying to improve it.Maybe it's because you wrote "the game experience to me is still UNDRIVEABLE" ...

I have over 150 hrs, granted there are still bugs and issues. But 140 of these hours were big fun. And the 10 others were not undriveable either...

Sebwi
07-07-2015, 18:52
Yes, I'm disappointed. Because (again): I can't play the game the way I want to. I think it's not fair to charge a full retail price for a game that has lots of bugs. Again, this is my opinion and the way I see it. If you've got another opinion, fine.

Just imagine: "please don't turn on the radio on your car while drivng, it might cause a tire to explode". (I'm exagerating here a bit)

This is exactly the reason why I usually don't post on forums, but just read along. As soon as you start to think on your own and don't just repeat the common opinion, you get trolled. Even though my first post was harsh and trying to make a point, an answer like yours, bealdor, is far from what I would call "great customer service", since it's attacking my opinion like a dictator.

Excuse me for reporting a bug. I will not do so anymore.

Bealdor
07-07-2015, 18:58
...since it's attacking my opinion like a dictator.

Seriously? I was just explaining why other members are disagreeing with you. :confused:

Eggmandook
07-07-2015, 19:18
I have been reading the forums for a while now and I had to register to say two things, firstly thank you to SMS and the WMD community for the work that has and is going in to this game, secondly, I don't get the people that are saying this game is a waste of money and broke etc....please look at the word in the title "Project"....it does what it says on the tin and I look forward to the future development of Pcars :)

Doug914
07-07-2015, 19:43
Yes, I'm disappointed. Because (again): I can't play the game the way I want to. I think it's not fair to charge a full retail price for a game that has lots of bugs. Again, this is my opinion and the way I see it. If you've got another opinion, fine.

Just imagine: "please don't turn on the radio on your car while drivng, it might cause a tire to explode". (I'm exagerating here a bit)

This is exactly the reason why I usually don't post on forums, but just read along. As soon as you start to think on your own and don't just repeat the common opinion, you get trolled. Even though my first post was harsh and trying to make a point, an answer like yours, bealdor, is far from what I would call "great customer service", since it's attacking my opinion like a dictator.

Excuse me for reporting a bug. I will not do so anymore.

Sebwi, I really want to know what cars you are driving in your orginal report. Everyones else, back off a bit so he can answer please :) The X7 bug is indeed valid but not across the board, so would like to know which cars were affected in your report.

Lanius1984
07-07-2015, 19:59
Maybe I'm starting to expect too much, but honestly I am a bit disappointed with this patch on PS4...
The track cutting is supposed to have been improved in Time Trial? Well Dubai is still ridiculous, and this is the only track I've tried since the patch. You can literally gain over a second per lap using the cuts and run off areas here. I was expecting this kind of thing to be addressed. These are simple things.
I have at least had my money's worth from the game, and I do enjoy the driving; the basics are solid. I'm becoming underwhelmed by the speed of the support and the focus of it too, however. For the amount of effort that seems to have been put in by the team, I don't feel like the game has really moved forward since launch.

If you need a video showing the poor track limits, I'll happily provide one (who is testing this stuff before it is released?!?).

nhraracer
07-07-2015, 20:00
Sebwi, I really want to know what cars you are driving in your orginal report. Everyones else, back off a bit so he can answer please :) The X7 bug is indeed valid but not across the board, so would like to know which cars were affected in your report.

Full respect for listening to your customers! I want to say that the majority of people that complain are seeing something wrong that may or may not be the player or the game, but still needs to be looked into! Project cars really is the best circuit racing game out there! Lets make it even better! :)

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 20:02
Maybe I'm starting to expect too much, but honestly I am a bit disappointed with this patch on PS4...
The track cutting is supposed to have been improved in Time Trial? Well Dubai is still ridiculous, and this is the only track I've tried since the patch. You can literally gain over a second per lap using the cuts and run off areas here. I was expecting this kind of thing to be addressed. These are simple things.
I have at least had my money's worth from the game, and I do enjoy the driving; the basics are solid. I'm becoming underwhelmed by the speed of the support and the focus of it too, however. For the amount of effort that seems to have been put in by the team, I don't feel like the game has really moved forward since launch.

If you need a video showing the poor track limits, I'll happily provide one (who is testing this stuff before it is released?!?).

Dubai is a known issue, Doug's reviewing it. Try Spa, I get a cut-track if I sneeze at the white lines.

Lanius1984
07-07-2015, 20:12
Dubai is a known issue, Doug's reviewing it. Try Spa, I get a cut-track if I sneeze at the white lines.

I think that's my point though... Plenty of issues that are 'known' seem to hang about for far too long. The track cutting has been on the radar since release, and this patch specifically addressed it, so why wasn't this properly tested before being shipped out? The answer I expect back will be time pressures, further delays etc, but... These limits take all of 5 minutes to to carry out a basic smoke test against, and Dubai would fail that immediately. Meanwhile, we've now only just got the latest patch, and the issue still isn't fixed. The wait goes on!
Apparently this patch has fixed a gear shift bug that causes engine blows... I hope it is fixed, but still, I raised that along with many others way before the previous patch and only now we see a fix for a fairly serious bug (depending on your controller settings)... I feel bugs like this should get more priority than they have up to now. So many minor things appear on the patch notes for each release.
There seems to be a lot of inefficiency in the process.

diesel97
07-07-2015, 20:25
I think that's my point though... Plenty of issues that are 'known' seem to hang about for far too long. The track cutting has been on the radar since release, and this patch specifically addressed it, so why wasn't this properly tested before being shipped out? The answer I expect back will be time pressures, further delays etc, but... These limits take all of 5 minutes to to carry out a basic smoke test against, and Dubai would fail that immediately. Meanwhile, we've now only just got the latest patch, and the issue still isn't fixed. The wait goes on!
Apparently this patch has fixed a gear shift bug that causes engine blows... I hope it is fixed, but still, I raised that along with many others way before the previous patch and only now we see a fix for a fairly serious bug (depending on your controller settings)... I feel bugs like this should get more priority than they have up to now. So many minor things appear on the patch notes for each release.
There seems to be a lot of inefficiency in the process.

I love how everything is a 5 minutes fix . It might be be a 5 minute code change but then that might mess up multi-player, carear , practice, ect..,all you care about is hot lapping but the game is a lot more than that.

Lanius1984
07-07-2015, 20:41
I love how everything is a 5 minutes fix . It might be be a 5 minute code change but then that might mess up multi-player, carear , practice, ect..,all you care about is hot lapping but the game is a lot more than that.

Your response in exactly the type of thing that I expect to see on this forum unfortunately.
Belittle what I say if it makes you feel better, but what I've stated is a fair opinion based on reasonable assumptions. And yes, working in QA, I can tell you that it IS a 5 minute check to run a smoke test of a basic piece of functionality like track limit detection. At Dubai, it's about 1:45 actually...
The fix may take longer, but again what do you expect this line in the patch notes refers to:
"* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving."

So don't quote my posts, assuming you can talk to me as though I'm a naive 'hater' when I'm simply pointing out that when a patch is supposed to have addressed 'all' track limits where they were too forgiving, and I can show that this isn't the case, that I feel somewhat disappointed. To be met with 'they are working on it' is just great and all, but the notes imply they have already done it. It's fair to say that this issue is also quite important to a good number of the community.
Again, I repeat that a 5 minute check of Dubai would have shown this to be a failure when checking track limits, and it is reasonable to expect that when something is addressed, it is done so properly. I understand that there is a risk of regression issues when applying fixes to software, however, this track drives the same as it did pre 2.0, so my judgement is that the job have not been done as expected.

"All I care about is hot lapping" :) - another failed assumption. However, hop lapping is an area often used more competitively, so the rules/limits are quite important. There are many other bugs that I can list that are still present, however I haven't raised them here as they have not been listed as part of this patch, for better or worse.

I won't respond to any further comments to my post, as its clear that justified concerns not welcomed or addressed reasonably. You are very welcome to think that I'm being unreasonable. I'll stick to the belief that when people say they have done something, it's fair for me to expect that to be the case.

diesel97
07-07-2015, 21:14
Your response in exactly the type of thing that I expect to see on this forum unfortunately.
Belittle what I say if it makes you feel better, but what I've stated is a fair opinion based on reasonable assumptions. And yes, working in QA, I can tell you that it IS a 5 minute check to run a smoke test of a basic piece of functionality like track limit detection. At Dubai, it's about 1:45 actually...
The fix may take longer, but again what do you expect this line in the patch notes refers to:
"* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving."

So don't quote my posts, assuming you can talk to me as though I'm a naive 'hater' when I'm simply pointing out that when a patch is supposed to have addressed 'all' track limits where they were too forgiving, and I can show that this isn't the case, that I feel somewhat disappointed. To be met with 'they are working on it' is just great and all, but the notes imply they have already done it. It's fair to say that this issue is also quite important to a good number of the community.
Again, I repeat that a 5 minute check of Dubai would have shown this to be a failure when checking track limits, and it is reasonable to expect that when something is addressed, it is done so properly. I understand that there is a risk of regression issues when applying fixes to software, however, this track drives the same as it did pre 2.0, so my judgement is that the job have not been done as expected.

"All I care about is hot lapping" :) - another failed assumption. However, hop lapping is an area often used more competitively, so the rules/limits are quite important. There are many other bugs that I can list that are still present, however I haven't raised them here as they have not been listed as part of this patch, for better or worse.

I won't respond to any further comments to my post, as its clear that justified concerns not welcomed or addressed reasonably. You are very welcome to think that I'm being unreasonable. I'll stick to the belief that when people say they have done something, it's fair for me to expect that to be the case.

I stopped reading after "all tracks " they have never said 2.0 would fix all tracks ! I liked how you skipped right over the part i said that their is more to it than hot lapping .

Lanius1984
07-07-2015, 21:18
I stopped reading after "all tracks " they have never said 2.0 would fix all tracks ! I liked how you skipped right over the part i said that their is more to it than hot lapping .

What on earth?

I quoted directly from the patch notes, and stated that very FACT.

Perhaps you should have carried on reading, and then when finished, re-read so that you understand what has been said.

EDIT: Made an edit to remove 'personal attack' following mod response... Sorry diesel97 - I would recommend you read my post properly though, as BOTH the points you've made are incorrect...

Bealdor
07-07-2015, 21:23
Can we leave out the personal attacks please?

diesel97
07-07-2015, 21:29
What on earth? I couldn't resist responding just to point out your stupidity...

I quoted directly from the patch notes, and stated that very FACT. I think you need more than just an eye test.

Perhaps you should have carried on reading, and then when finished, re-read so that you understand what has been said.

Read the thread , the devs also said AFTER 2.0 that they are still working on it .I'm done with this QA trumps logic every time

Lanius1984
07-07-2015, 21:37
Read the thread , the devs also said AFTER 2.0 that they are still working on it .

Oh, if we all had time to read every post on this forum...

Sometimes, we have to assume what is stated in official posts is correct. And sometimes, a question may be raised more than once.

You do realise that it isn't your job to defend the team don't you? They can do that themselves, and they won't miss important facts within a post while doing so...

I STILL believe that when this: Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving - is stated in patch notes, its a fair assumption that Dubai (which comes under ALL tracks) would have also been addressed. Therefore I still believe my posts raise a valid concern over the process. If you don't agree, then fine - Just to be clear though, I didn't post on here for your judgement.

girlracerTracey
07-07-2015, 21:51
Thank you for patch 2.0 on PS4. I don't run FFB so cannot comment on that aspect but one thing I am detecting are the improvements in the AI behaviour. I'm off to "test" some more now. I for one much appreciate SMS's continued efforts in supporting Project CARS(1).

Cheers guys, grT

Sunday Racers
07-07-2015, 21:59
Having not played for a little while, I have to say I'm mightily impressed with the progress that has been made in terms of optimisations and bug fixes with Project CARS.

Many thanks SMS!

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 22:19
just curious why there is or are no replies or feedback on the increments changes? and weird slider changes? u get either 0.06, 0.6 or 6 or 0.04 0.4 or 4...depending on which side u start the slider in...is there an explanation?

satco1066
07-07-2015, 22:26

Great. Play Wichser and if possible go back to Need for Speed! :no:

mjemec11
08-07-2015, 01:42
just curious why there is or are no replies or feedback on the increments changes? and weird slider changes? u get either 0.06, 0.6 or 6 or 0.04 0.4 or 4...depending on which side u start the slider in...is there an explanation?
Mr. Bell, devs, will you kindly consider changing slider increments on both consoles to match the PC in the next patch?

Otherwise, I would like to thank you for a stonker of a patch! :) Had a few good battles with the AI that weren't at all possible before. Just need to dial in FFB settings and I'm golden for now.

diesel97
08-07-2015, 01:49

I asked the same question yesterday and got no repley, i have the feeling they dont know

GrimGrnninGhost
08-07-2015, 01:59
* Fixed a crash issue when disconnecting and reconnecting Fanatec wheels.

I have Fanatec CSR Wheel and the game still crashes if I disconnect my wheel while in online races. There are times when I lose FFB or I get no FFB at the start of an online session and will need to restart my wheel to clear it up. As soon as I cycle my power on the wheel, pCARS crashes. Anyone still having this issue or am I doing something wrong (incorrect sequence)

Thanks

Linx
08-07-2015, 02:03
I haven't tried online but the patch did fix the crashing issue when I would turn my wheel off any other time.

GrimGrnninGhost
08-07-2015, 03:42
It does not crash when I turn it off, but it does crash when I turn it back on and enter the PC mode. I Get the following code (CE-34878-0) Project CARS

Linx
08-07-2015, 03:47
I tried it twice last night and had no problems turning it off or on. But like I said I didn't try while in a lobby. Just from career mode and main page

Megalomanic87
08-07-2015, 04:49
From what i'm hearing from other forums and Facebook Pages, people are STILL having problems with multiple issues that were apparently fixed in this patch.
I'll wait til i can see it with my own eyes but wow, such a let down yet again...

ChrisK
08-07-2015, 05:50
Sad to report the pit penalty bug at start line is still there. As soon as the race session starts I got a drive thru pit penalty. Can one of the devs pls acknowledge this.

nhraracer
08-07-2015, 06:12
Sad to report the pit penalty bug at start line is still there. As soon as the race session starts I got a drive thru pit penalty. Can one of the devs pls acknowledge this.

Make sure you are holding brake pedal when race starts or you might get a false start for rolling across start line before race starts.

Fanapryde
08-07-2015, 06:24

Never heard of that bug, at least I never suffered from it. I got penalized a few times for jumping the light, also a few times because my car was slightly rolling forward or backward without me noticing it, but that's it...
Don't start too soon and when on a slope, keep your foot on the brake...

ChrisK
08-07-2015, 06:58
Make sure you are holding brake pedal when race starts or you might get a false start for rolling across start line before race starts.

Never heard of that bug, at least I never suffered from it. I got penalized a few times for jumping the light, also a few times because my car was slightly rolling forward or backward without me noticing it, but that's it...

This is before you even have control of the car. It' happens immediately as the session starts when the car is dropped onto the grid. My brake pedal is firmly pressed well before the session starts aswell.

To be clear, I'm pretty familiar with the game and I know about jump starts. This is a bug, not user error.

ChrisK
08-07-2015, 06:59

This is before you even have control of the car. It' happens immediately as the session starts when the car is dropped onto the grid. My brake pedal is firmly pressed well before the session starts aswell. It happened at Dubai on pole, I don't think there's even a slope on that start line is there ?

To be clear, I'm pretty familiar with the game and I know about jump starts. This is a bug, not user error.

Mike Laskey
08-07-2015, 08:20

It's fixed internally and will be in the next update.

lancashirelad
08-07-2015, 08:48
Had my first ever collision with an invisible obstacle yesterday after 2.0 patch. Time trial at Barcelona gp track with the Nissan. PS4

N0body Of The Goat
08-07-2015, 08:51
It's fixed internally and will be in the next update.

Mike, if I recall a post of yours correctly regarding this issue, I think you posted that as a workaround until the patch containing the fix something like...

If you are in a JIP server (practice/qual/warmup before online race), "return to the pits" just before the final pre-race session finishes?

IJerichoI
08-07-2015, 08:53
Had my first ever collision with an invisible obstacle yesterday after 2.0 patch. Time trial at Barcelona gp track with the Nissan. PS4

Nissan? :rolleyes:

Also, can you specify the place on the track where it happened? Maybe reproduce it and make a screenshot/video?

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 08:54
Nissan?

Oreca

IJerichoI
08-07-2015, 08:58
Oreca

Of course, I forgot :o

Mike Laskey
08-07-2015, 09:09
Mike, if I recall a post of yours correctly regarding this issue, I think you posted that as a workaround until the patch containing the fix something like...

If you are in a JIP server (practice/qual/warmup before online race), "return to the pits" just before the final pre-race session finishes?

Yes, that workaround may be effective in avoiding the penalty while you're waiting for it to be fixed properly.

lancashirelad
08-07-2015, 09:28
I've recorded it so will try and post later, at work at mo.

ChrisK
08-07-2015, 10:15

No, I was in the garage before the end of quali waiting for race start cos Id set my time.
Thanks for the response Mike.

lancashirelad
08-07-2015, 14:22
Nissan? :rolleyes:

Also, can you specify the place on the track where it happened? Maybe reproduce it and make a screenshot/video?

Home from work now.
Here is a video of what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtppP7fuCM

Let me know if you need anymore info.
I did try the time trial again when i got home but could not replicate sorry.

watchumacallit
08-07-2015, 16:50
I don't know about you guys but this patch is awesome!!!!! FFB definitely better for me w/ my T300 and the center spring is less. Restarted my career and had some 3 wide battles w/ the AI, f**k yea! (Sorry for the language, I'm just too excited about this game):cool:

FMW
08-07-2015, 17:14
I don't know about you guys but this patch is awesome!!!!! FFB definitely better for me w/ my T300 and the center spring is less. Restarted my career and had some 3 wide battles w/ the AI, f**k yea! (Sorry for the language, I'm just too excited about this game):cool:

The updates for me are making the game and experience better and better. I have used a Fanatec CSW V2 with a BMW wheel rim since day one. On day one I made some tweaks to the stock settings with regards to general and car specific FFB. I used some of Jack Spades tweaks and they were good. After each patch I reset everything to default and re-calibrated my wheel to see what changed. 1.4 default settings were quite good. 2.0 by far for me are even better! It seems to me people with other wheels are looking to find a personal tweak that best suits them. Right now for me the default settings seem very good. So good that I have only made one change to the global FFB. I turned off Soft Dampening. I also noticed the default FFB strength of 50 seems really strong on the CSW v2. I used to have to turn it up to 100 to get the same strength. ;)

Great job Ian!!!

Remy1986
08-07-2015, 19:26
Still having the gear skip issue, though not as bad as before. Other than that, I'm having a great time.

rocafella1978
08-07-2015, 20:49
The updates for me are making the game and experience better and better. I have used a Fanatec CSW V2 with a BMW wheel rim since day one. On day one I made some tweaks to the stock settings with regards to general and car specific FFB. I used some of Jack Spades tweaks and they were good. After each patch I reset everything to default and re-calibrated my wheel to see what changed. 1.4 default settings were quite good. 2.0 by far for me are even better! It seems to me people with other wheels are looking to find a personal tweak that best suits them. Right now for me the default settings seem very good. So good that I have only made one change to the global FFB. I turned off Soft Dampening. I also noticed the default FFB strength of 50 seems really strong on the CSW v2. I used to have to turn it up to 100 to get the same strength. ;)

Great job Ian!!!

is here an easy way or button to RESET ALL SETTINGS AND EVERYTHING IN GAME?

rosco1uk
08-07-2015, 20:56
* Driver Network Profile – fixed an issue where entering Free Practice mode would count toward Races Entered

it seems that I'm still having this problem is anyone else
just entered 3 races and qualifying and the race entries when up by 6 not 3. gt Endurance season

LeMansIndy500
08-07-2015, 21:54
Just got home from a holiday abroad to see this glorious news. Best thing is I'm not back in work until Monday so have plenty of time to try out this patch.

My one question is, can anybody confirm the pitstop bug with flat tyres being put on to cars has definitely been fixed?

Umer Ahmad
08-07-2015, 23:16
Just got home from a holiday abroad to see this glorious news. Best thing is I'm not back in work until Monday so have plenty of time to try out this patch.

My one question is, can anybody confirm the pitstop bug with flat tyres being put on to cars has definitely been fixed?
Not 100% fixed unfortunately. You still need to use the work-around (fiddle the pressures)

ChrisK
08-07-2015, 23:18
Does reset car work with a wheel ? Can anyone confirm ? I mapped this button last night but it wouldn't work.

Luxman_
09-07-2015, 00:09
Does reset car work with a wheel ? Can anyone confirm ? I mapped this button last night but it wouldn't work.

Yes, in my CSW V2 BMW rim works fine.

ChrisK
09-07-2015, 00:28
Thanks. I will retry on another button. You have to come to a complete stop before it works right ?

Diablo944
09-07-2015, 02:09
Are you able to put a video up? I still get the violet centering going on.

Its back and i dont know why, albeit slightly different. Now centralising on coming to a stand? Nice while it lasted.

Diablo944
09-07-2015, 02:19

Deadzone was on 1. Stupidly recalibrated the wheel earlier and was trying to sort a few issues and changed my deadzone to zero for a test. Aaaaargh six is now my first selectable increment up from zero? Thats six, not one, two or anything else between those two extremes. Now in ultra twitchy straightline mode at zero as six isnt an option.

On the subject of which, the deazone setting? What exactly is it six of if selected? Is it a percentage of complete wheel range? And who needs all those settings after six? Is there a wheel so sensitive that a deadzone of ninety is actually usable? Either way, i miss my deadzone 1 setting immensely.

ChrisK
09-07-2015, 03:12
Deadzone was on 1. Stupidly recalibrated the wheel earlier and was trying to sort a few issues and changed my deadzone to zero for a test. Aaaaargh six is now my first selectable increment up from zero? Thats six, not one, two or anything else between those two extremes. Now in ultra twitchy straightline mode at zero as six isnt an option.

On the subject of which, the deazone setting? What exactly is it six of if selected? Is it a percentage of complete wheel range? And who needs all those settings after six? Is there a wheel so sensitive that a deadzone of ninety is actually usable? Either way, i miss my deadzone 1 setting immensely.

take the slider all the way to the right and then back down. when you do that it goes down in smaller increments.
don't ask me why: and i wont use the B word as it may be preceded by the F word and followed by the C word; in which case i'll receive the W word which will then see me using the F and C word in very close proximity.

Diablo944
09-07-2015, 04:29
Thanks. I will retry on another button. You have to come to a complete stop before it works right ?
Works on t300, hated it and never use it, but it works. And yes, come to a stand before teleporting just like the real racing drivers do in races. After all, you never see them teleport while in the thick of a race do you.

WorkTL
09-07-2015, 04:44
Lol

ChrisK
09-07-2015, 05:04
Works on t300, hated it and never use it, but it works. And yes, come to a stand before teleporting just like the real racing drivers do in races. After all, you never see them teleport while in the thick of a race do you.

Woah....you mean we aren't real racing drivers ? I was happily living in my fantasy world...Curse the day this feature was introduced...before my knowledge of it, I was certain I was genuinely thrashing my ruf gt3 into 2.05's at bathurst...

Curse you ian bell...I shall now name thee dr evil until such time as you remove this feature which apparently is the only thing that differentiates me from Craig Lowndes !!

LeMansIndy500
09-07-2015, 09:07
Not 100% fixed unfortunately. You still need to use the work-around (fiddle the pressures)

Ah okay. Thanks for your reply :)

stiften
09-07-2015, 13:29
Home from work now.
Here is a video of what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtppP7fuCM

Let me know if you need anymore info.
I did try the time trial again when i got home but could not replicate sorry.

Something similar happended to me recently after patch 2.0 in a multiplayer game. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rt0ufD9XQ4

Jerem33FR
09-07-2015, 20:08
Good Job SMS Team ;)

But still not fix the issue of setup reseting when o back to pits or between sessions ? (Haven't seen it in the notes btw)

Thank

GrimGrnninGhost
10-07-2015, 01:08
Anyone else having issues with the game still crashing if you have to disconnect the wheel (csr) since 2.0 release? I can turn off the power but when I turn it back on and enter PC mode, it crashes. Am I doing something wrong? What is the proper sequence?

Thanks

Yes in my CSW V2 if i power off and on, the game give me the error on update 1.4. ��

Same here with GT2 and game crash when turning off the wheel.

Oh and yes I'm having the same crash issue when i power off and power on the wheel. This was supposed to have been fixed in patch 2.0 right? I still send the video clip and report the crash each time so hopefully they are back working on it again.

Bringing over here from the PS4 Fanatec Wheel Support Thread so that it can be known by SMS

FMW
10-07-2015, 03:12
is here an easy way or button to RESET ALL SETTINGS AND EVERYTHING IN GAME?

Not that I'm aware of. If you want to reset your wheel you go to the wheel calibration screen and press RESET. That will put all settings back to default along with any buttons assignments. If you set up car specific FFB settings you will have to go to each car you have tweaked and hit RESET. That's what I have done.

lancashirelad
10-07-2015, 07:03
Something similar happended to me recently after patch 2.0 in a multiplayer game. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rt0ufD9XQ4

Ouch that looked nasty :)

ChrisK
10-07-2015, 09:52
The online multiplayer lobby stability is still unacceptable. You work hard to put this pig of a car on pole and hit the lead only to get booted first lap. Come on guys, this has got to be sorted. Forget pit crews and all the rest of the eye candy, the online stability must be resolved. I have cable internet ffs, there is no loss of connection from my end.

http://youtu.be/6eeP0GvMj4Y

Fre.Mo
10-07-2015, 16:15
The online multiplayer lobby stability is still unacceptable. You work hard to put this pig of a car on pole and hit the lead only to get booted first lap. Come on guys, this has got to be sorted. Forget pit crews and all the rest of the eye candy, the online stability must be resolved. I have cable internet ffs, there is no loss of connection from my end.

http://youtu.be/6eeP0GvMj4Y

I have have the same issue...

LordDRIFT
10-07-2015, 17:20
See my Post here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31161-1-4-FFB-T300-Ps4&p=994281&viewfull=1#post994281

this is what I'm using

General settings
FFB = 75 Tire Force =100 <-- FFB 75 helps to reduce Center Spring effect <-- Increase SP Master and Sop Scale
Rel Gain = .82 Bleed = .65 Clamp = .76 <-- control wheel weight and clipping
Scoop Knee = .80 Scoop reduction = .15

then for each car on each track. Start with these and adjust as needed
SP Master = 90 <-- lower if you get clipping
Fx 40, Fy 10, Fz 100, Mz 50, <-- these are good proportions. experiment to your feel ratio is 4,1,10,5
Fy Smooth 10, Mz Smooth 10, Arm 2800<-- Arm is about 2/3rds to the right 2800 on most cars.
SoP Scale 60, if you adjust SP master, also adjust this one too I keep 9/6 ratio about the same
Sop Lat 60, Sop Diff 70<-- adjust Lat and Mz for more rear looseness feeling

ratios
means if I adjust Fx to 40, then the others are 10,100,50
if I adjust Fx to 25, then the others are 6, 62, 32
but feel free to experiment to find what feels good to you.

note on Karts:
I find the Steering Ratio is just too fast, so I adjust the Steering as slow as it will go..

Course Note:
Azure Circuit Hair Pin.. Need faster steering to make the turn.
with Formula A, I was always hitting the outside wall. Adjusted the steering to be faster ratio Helped a lot.

Ive tried these . Not bad.

Are these post 2.0 settings?
The wheel feels good to just before 90 degrees but beyond that its like a stop is overcome and the wheel goes way too light (like loss of grip except I still have grip). What causes this?

LordDRIFT
10-07-2015, 17:29
So...um..everything I read was fixed I don't see fixed. And things that weren't broken are now broken.

Can anybody address the exposure issue in helmet cam? Pre patch I removed helmet because highlights were getting blown out due to some weird filter. Post patch with helmet removed its too dark put the helmet on its even darker.
Use exposure compensation and high lights start to blow out before overall brightness is at an acceptable level.
Anyone? anyone?

Wait I lied ..the AI are noticeably more well behaved.

Fat Sav
10-07-2015, 19:15

So thats what online is like. Thats the 1st time iv'e seen any online racing of Pcars, i only play solo and havn't bothered looking at any videos before just looking at yours now..........Holy shit, its just destruction derby out there, no wonder peeps are moaning about the wreckers. Looks funny as hell but i'm sure it must be frustrating to play.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2015, 19:21
^^^ Thats why you need to join a league...... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning
And that video was a bug.

Spitfire77
10-07-2015, 19:43
So thats what online is like. Thats the 1st time iv'e seen any online racing of Pcars, i only play solo and havn't bothered looking at any videos before just looking at yours now..........Holy shit, its just destruction derby out there, no wonder peeps are moaning about the wreckers. Looks funny as hell but i'm sure it must be frustrating to play.

It is not even always the bad driving.. often the sync is so bad cars appear to be going all over the place and will wreck into each other.

Edit - and yes if you join a local-ish group / leauge with a person with a good connection hosting, it works much better and you will have clean drivers as well.

GrimGrnninGhost
10-07-2015, 19:45
^^^ Thats why you need to join a league...... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning
And that video was a bug.

Why join a league when the online lobbies are unstable/unplayable. From stuck on bumper view, not able to see all drivers and drivers getting dc'd if you have more than a couple drivers I the lobby. Sorry but the multiplayer ability I feel was an after thought and not the focus of the game.

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 19:45

I'll show you the extremes

http://youtu.be/ADcF_5cZrHs

http://youtu.be/zZFxD4gSgX4

Chris Sercombe
10-07-2015, 19:51
I loved both of thouse videos, cant wait to get on and play it again tonight.

Fat Sav
10-07-2015, 21:28

Umer, that 2nd vid was so intense i watched it twice..:) Thats how i like to race, if i come 1st or 11th i don't care so long as iv'e tried my best and had a good race.

diesel97
10-07-2015, 21:45
Why join a league when the online lobbies are unstable/unplayable. From stuck on bumper view, not able to see all drivers and drivers getting dc'd if you have more than a couple drivers I the lobby. Sorry but the multiplayer ability I feel was an after thought and not the focus of the game.

That is line of BS online works fine ,once in a great while you will have something go wrong but tell me a game that doesnt. Your just a drama queen to say its unplayable.

GrimGrnninGhost
10-07-2015, 22:33
That is line of BS online works fine ,once in a great while you will have something go wrong but tell me a game that doesnt. Your just a drama queen to say its unplayable.

Nice. I vent frustration with the game that I have experienced several times, I did not attack/disrespect anyone yet because I'm not drinking the cool aid, I'm called a drama queen. Or are we not allowed to complain about the poor experience Im having about the game. I have brought this up before and no response or suggestion on how to fix it.

diesel97
10-07-2015, 22:40
Nice. I vent frustration with the game that I have experienced several times, I did not attack/disrespect anyone yet because I'm not drinking the cool aid, I'm called a drama queen. Or are we not allowed to complain about the poor experience Im having about the game. I have brought this up before and no response or suggestion on how to fix it.

Why bother its unplayable .

LordDRIFT
11-07-2015, 01:03
Okay now I've noticed my motec display backlight dims with the level of light out side. So when it's dark abs the lights should help me see the display the lights go dim as well.

HAVE THE DEVS ACKNOWLEGED AN EXPOSURE ISSUE? THE GAME NOW LOOKS LIKE CRAP IN HELMET CAM WHEN IT WAS BEAUTIFUL BEFORE. RAISING EXPOSURE TO COMPENSATE WA SHE'S OUT THE IMAGE.

Bruno Alexandre
13-07-2015, 09:53
Okay now I've noticed my motec display backlight dims with the level of light out side. So when it's dark abs the lights should help me see the display the lights go dim as well.

HAVE THE DEVS ACKNOWLEGED AN EXPOSURE ISSUE? THE GAME NOW LOOKS LIKE CRAP IN HELMET CAM WHEN IT WAS BEAUTIFUL BEFORE. RAISING EXPOSURE TO COMPENSATE WA SHE'S OUT THE IMAGE.

Grab us a pic of how you have your cockpit camera set up, including fov and if you moved the seat.

Spitfire77
13-07-2015, 19:54
I noticed a few things.. I finally got to play some with the 2.0 patch on ps4 with my T300

1st - yes as LordDrift mentioned some cars seem to have darker windshields - sorry I do not have any screenshots but I tried both Cockpit and Helmet (with helmet off) with FOV @ 55, I normally move the seat all the way forward, and often move it up or down. - If I notice it next time I play I will note the car and get a screenshot for comparison. - EDIT - One car i noticed that is dark is the Zakspeed ford. I ran the same tracks and a few different cars this morning in free practice without changing the time of day or weather. - That car maybe designed that way? not sure. Otherwise the other cars I tried all seemed OK. Not exactly sure what it is but it does not seem to be a constant issue for me.

2nd - All cars I have tried except the Ruf GT3 the center spring is gone or very reduced and it is very nice. The Ruf GT3 snaps back to center when inching forward from a stop and the FFB does not feel as nice, but only in that car. The rest I have tried (to many to list) are all good. I did not reset my settings, only recalibrated my wheel & pedals. -

My FFB settings are: (anything not listed is default)

Global FFB - 100

Soft Steering Dampening = OFF (bug in UI so you have to turn this off each time you start the game)

Tire Force = 70

Dead zone removal range 0.05

Dead Zone removal fall off 0.01

Relative Adj Gain = 1.20

Relative Adj Bleed = 0.10

Relative Adj Clamp = 1.10

Scoop Knee = 0.70

Scoop Reduction = 0.15

Soft Clipping (Half output) = 1.00

Soft Clipping (Full output) = 1.50

Jack Spades Classic for each car

Fonsmeister
14-07-2015, 16:14
Thanks for sharing your settings! Tried them and I like it a lot!

diesel97
14-07-2015, 17:02
I noticed a few things.. I finally got to play some with the 2.0 patch on ps4 with my T300

1st - yes as LordDrift mentioned some cars seem to have darker windshields - sorry I do not have any screenshots but I tried both Cockpit and Helmet (with helmet off) with FOV @ 55, I normally move the seat all the way forward, and often move it up or down. - If I notice it next time I play I will note the car and get a screenshot for comparison. - EDIT - One car i noticed that is dark is the Zakspeed ford. I ran the same tracks and a few different cars this morning in free practice without changing the time of day or weather. - That car maybe designed that way? not sure. Otherwise the other cars I tried all seemed OK. Not exactly sure what it is but it does not seem to be a constant issue for me.

2nd - All cars I have tried except the Ruf GT3 the center spring is gone or very reduced and it is very nice. The Ruf GT3 snaps back to center when inching forward from a stop and the FFB does not feel as nice, but only in that car. The rest I have tried (to many to list) are all good. I did not reset my settings, only recalibrated my wheel & pedals. -

My FFB settings are: (anything not listed is default)

Global FFB - 100

Soft Steering Dampening = OFF (bug in UI so you have to turn this off each time you start the game)

Tire Force = 70

Dead zone removal range 0.05

Dead Zone removal fall off 0.01

Relative Adj Gain = 1.20

Relative Adj Bleed = 0.10

Relative Adj Clamp = 1.10

Scoop Knee = 0.70

Scoop Reduction = 0.15

Soft Clipping (Half output) = 1.00

Soft Clipping (Full output) = 1.50

Jack Spades Classic for each car

Do Jacks other settings work with your settings

Spitfire77
14-07-2015, 20:54
Do Jacks other settings work with your settings

Yes I would assume so - my global settings are also based on info he provided in his thread. I read through a lot of his responses to peoples' questions and also used info provided by others about FFB to get them as close as I could to what I wanted. I would update my global settings if the adjustments weren't so coarse (like Soft clipping Half output I would like to try .85 and full output to 1.40)

Like others have said.. it is all personal preference, and I believe it depends also on which cars you drive most and if you are using a shifter or not, some people like constant raw power, but I find that to be a bitch much when I am constantly taking my right had off the wheel to shift.

From what I gather (no idea if this is true or not) if you have reset your control settings back to default after installing the 2.0 patch, the FFB might work different. - I reset them to default after patch 1.4 but not after patch 2.0

FMW
14-07-2015, 22:10
Yes I would assume so - my global settings are also based on info he provided in his thread. I read through a lot of his responses to peoples' questions and also used info provided by others about FFB to get them as close as I could to what I wanted. I would update my global settings if the adjustments weren't so coarse (like Soft clipping Half output I would like to try .85 and full output to 1.40)

Like others have said.. it is all personal preference, and I believe it depends also on which cars you drive most and if you are using a shifter or not, some people like constant raw power, but I find that to be a bitch much when I am constantly taking my right had off the wheel to shift.

From what I gather (no idea if this is true or not) if you have reset your control settings back to default after installing the 2.0 patch, the FFB might work different. - I reset them to default after patch 1.4 but not after patch 2.0

I reset all my control settings back to default settings after I installed the 2.0 patch and re-calibrated my wheel. I noticed the FFB was different and better for my tastes. By far 2.0 has the best default settings in IMO. I have also found I need to tweak things less drastically than the original release. For one, the stock strength in 2.0 is far stronger than 1.0 or 1.4. I run at 50 global strength, which seems as strong as what 1.4 felt like at 70 or 100. =)

321Respawn
14-07-2015, 23:03
PS4 gets 2.0 patch so that means the next PC patch should be just about ready ;)

wyldanimal
15-07-2015, 05:46

in the 2nd Video.. you are just too nice... :excitement: ( sarcasm )

now with most of the on-line races i had,
If I was the car in front, the guy in Back would have kept on the gas, and tried to pushed past
in any one of the corners where he got his nose under me..
And would have said he had the Line and I had to leave him room..

I applaud your racecraft, as Clearly, you had some room, but never had position to make the pass, so Rightfully you backed off.

I wish everyone would watch and Learn...

Umer Ahmad
15-07-2015, 08:16
Yeah, people need to realize that even if you are fast enough to catch someone, it takes extra to be fast enough to pass them. And sometimes you really need to work on an opponent for few laps and wait for the right opportunity. You have to study that opponents strengths/weaknesses for a 1-2 laps. I see that he was faster in sector1 but I had him in sector 3 (after bus stop chicane). So my goal was to try to take him on the front straight. I fell a lap short.

Also, I try my best not to ruin the other guy's race. I don't mind racing with a guy for few laps just for P4 or P6, it is a good competition and that's really all I care about in the end.

florent71
15-07-2015, 13:22
could I have a dev statement about the soft steer dampening option bug (always reset on) in the UI ? will this be fix and when ?

Thanks

HenryT23
16-07-2015, 10:10
congratulations for the excellent work . pjcars is the best

I wanted to point out this :
Unfortunately the patch 2.0 each time I suspend the session with ps4 ( putting the console in standby ) I lost the steering wheel ff ( t500 ) .
I hope the problem is solved ... otherwise it becomes impossible to make the endurance putting on standby

thank you very much and sorry for poor English

Fanapryde
16-07-2015, 11:02
I wanted to point out this :
Unfortunately the patch 2.0 each time I suspend the session with ps4 ( putting the console in standby ) I lost the steering wheel ff ( t500 ) .
I hope the problem is solved ... otherwise it becomes impossible to make the endurance putting on standby

While that happened a lot before the last patch (solution: disconnect your T500 and replug --> FFB is back).
After 2.0 it never happened again to me.

pa_pinkelman
16-07-2015, 12:46
Just had a fantasic race against de ai in de 72 lotus at monza. Changing weather conditions from dry to different grades of rainy weather. Ai finally behaving like they should under these conditions.

Great job SMS!

HenryT23
16-07-2015, 16:02
While that happened a lot before the last patch (solution: disconnect your T500 and replug --> FFB is back).
After 2.0 it never happened again to me.

before patch 2.0 was rare that I disappeared the ff . but yesterday I did three tests and disappeared every time .

then , simply disconnect and reconnect the steering wheel to regain ff ?
if so problem solved ... and I owe you a beer !!

Kingleo
16-07-2015, 16:06
Is the G29 supported in the PS4 ver.? Is there a profile for it ?

Fanapryde
16-07-2015, 16:13
before patch 2.0 was rare that I disappeared the ff . but yesterday I did three tests and disappeared every time .

then , simply disconnect and reconnect the steering wheel to regain ff ?
if so problem solved ... and I owe you a beer !!
Well, try it and let me know.
I had to do it (not exaggerating) hundreds of times. Worked always.
I even bought a USB extension cable to be able to do that sitting in my seat (and not have to get out of it each time)...:D

florent71
17-07-2015, 06:11
could I have a dev statement about the soft steer dampening option bug (always reset on) in the UI ? will this be fix and when ?

Thanks

So could I have a statement please ? the bug is there since day one on PS4, and not on xbox one, please give a answer !

Fre.Mo
23-07-2015, 08:50
Hi all,

Here are the PS4 specific release notes for patch 2.0 that should be going live very shortly. :)

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 2.0 – Release Notes

Controls
* Enable support for USB keyboards to be used for in-game controls.

I just bought a USB NumPad and it indeed works, but the 8, 4, 6, and 2 keys are by default already assigned to Look up, left, right and down, respectively since they correspond to the arrows ->. For instance if I assign the key 8 to Seat Down, the has the 2 functions: Seat Down and Look up together. Have you the same issue?

mjemec11
23-07-2015, 10:29
Same here.

JstnJ
23-07-2015, 16:02
Well, try it and let me know.
I had to do it (not exaggerating) hundreds of times. Worked always.
I even bought a USB extension cable to be able to do that sitting in my seat (and not have to get out of it each time)...:D

Thrustmaster recommends you never unplug and replug to an already-operating game. The solution to the problem rests with thrust master: Disable suspend on PS4 because its not compatible with the wheel. It has nothing to do with pCars.

Fanapryde
23-07-2015, 16:13
Thrustmaster recommends you never unplug and replug to an already-operating game. The solution to the problem rests with thrust master: Disable suspend on PS4 because its not compatible with the wheel. It has nothing to do with pCars.Yes, I know that.
And if had followed that advice, I would have had to quit and restart the game (and each time lost all progression in the race) hundreds of time...

Unplug and replug the wheel causes the FFB to come back without further issues and that way you can proceed the race.
I have no idea why Thrustmaster says this...

JstnJ
24-07-2015, 02:08
Yes, I know that.
And if had followed that advice, I would have had to quit and restart the game (and each time lost all progression in the race) hundreds of time...

Unplug and replug the wheel causes the FFB to come back without further issues and that way you can proceed the race.
I have no idea why Thrustmaster says this...

Ok no problem. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was against the doctors orders.

GraphiteGB
30-07-2015, 00:24
Thanks for the Patch, now the 175 laps in a single Season unlocks...

But now Wish it had not with it only being a race......
"the atom blaster trophy"...
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/11792180_1112035818825472_1082355152113617709_o.jpg

Fre.Mo
01-08-2015, 19:52
I just bought a USB NumPad and it indeed works, but the 8, 4, 6, and 2 keys are by default already assigned to Look up, left, right and down, respectively since they correspond to the arrows ->. For instance if I assign the key 8 to Seat Down, the has the 2 functions: Seat Down and Look up together. Have you the same issue?

Does anyone know how to un-assign the look keys to 8, 4, 6 and 2 on a numpad?

jerry555
01-08-2015, 20:11
Does anyone know how to un-assign the look keys to 8, 4, 6 and 2 on a numpad?

I don't think you can.
Remembering seeing somewhere in this forum that they a coded to the arrows.
If you do assign them, those buttons will have 2 functions....

Here it is..http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34290-Patch-2-0-Numeric-keyboard-issue

Fre.Mo
02-08-2015, 08:05
I don't think you can.
Remembering seeing somewhere in this forum that they a coded to the arrows.
If you do assign them, those buttons will have 2 functions....

Here it is..http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34290-Patch-2-0-Numeric-keyboard-issue

Thanks for the link.
I don t understand why the look keys are not the arrows keys?
I don t have Num Lock key on my num pad so I can t change these 8,2,6,4 keys into arrows ->, <- ...

tgrey
02-08-2015, 08:19
My guess is this was an accidental bug and will be fixed in a future version... as far as I know nobody from SMS/WMD has said that, just my speculation.

Seems like a very easy fix, and was probably accidentally introduced and not noticed when they added the keyboard support. Keep your fingers crossed, and if it's not in the upcoming patch I'm sure people will make enough noise to get it noticed.