PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PS4 Patch 2.0 Release notes

Pages : [1] 2

Stephen Viljoen
06-07-2015, 09:20
Hi all,

Here are the PS4 specific release notes for patch 2.0 that should be going live very shortly. :)

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 2.0 – Release Notes

Online & Community Events
* Multiplayer search filter 'Skill' now finds games based upon certain lobby game configuration criteria. For example, “Pro” setting now searches for Full Damage or manual-start Engine or Forced Cockpit or Mechanical Failure, and so forth.
* Community events page – when an event cannot be entered, it will now display the reason why: ‘Coming Soon’ along with a countdown, or ‘Expired’.
* Online – Ensure that vehicle light repairs are synchronized in MP races so that repaired headlights are visible by other racers.
* Fixed an issue where, after the PS4 resumes from Rest Mode, no network features can be used.

Controls
* Adjustments made to the gears system, to prevent gears being skipped under certain conditions. This addresses an issue where gears would at times jump straight down to 1st, potentially causing engine blowouts.
* Steering wheels – reduced the centering rate of the steering spring. This improves the feel of steering wheels at very low speeds.
* Added support for the use of all active controllers for menu input. You can for example now use a steering wheel to race, and a gamepad to control the menus and photo mode.
* Gear shifters – when using an H-shifter on a car that has a sequential gearbox, the gearbox will now switch through the gears until the gear selected on the H-shifter is reached.
* Fixed an issue in Force Feedback calibration that would prevent a player from setting "Soft Clipping (Half Input)" back to 0 after modifying it from the original value.
* Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback improvements.
* Fixed the Force Feedback dynamics for wheels with physical steering locks which were less than the steering lock of the vehicle in-game. This fixes the Force Feedback on the Thrustmaster T100 and similar wheels.
* Added a Motion Sensor controller profile.
* Fixed a crash issue when disconnecting and reconnecting Fanatec wheels.
* Enable support for USB keyboards to be used for in-game controls.

Physics & AI
* Slowed down the AI opponents in the rain when using racing tyres, to make racing against them better balanced.
* Adjusted the AI tyre wear rate to better match the player’s tyre wear rate.
* Adjusted wear of Slicks and Rain tires to more realistic levels where needed. Typically GT/LMP/Formula cars will get slightly more than a full fuel load on soft or default slicks (depending on fuel load amounts).
* Adjusted the heating of slicks and rain tyres to more realistic levels.
* Adjusted tyre temperature sensitivity on several cars.
* Adjusted rain tyres to generally be more sensitive to overheating, and less efficient in the dry.
* Improvements to AI navigation to lessen collisions during cramped race starts, improve detection of other cars during cornering, and improve clean overtaking
* Improved the AI pitting logic during practice and qualifying so that the AI cars run more realistic stints before pitting.
* Reworked the AI’s fuelling logic during qualifying sessions where no refuelling is allowed, so that they don’t always fill up the fuel tanks and negatively impact their qualifying ability. The AI will now deliver far more competitive lap times during qualifying.
* Fixed an issue where the AI would set impossible lap times during races with pit stops.
* The AI will now pit as soon as possible when low on fuel to prevent them running out of fuel and retiring from the race.
* Reduced the effect of damage to the car’s cooling system when suffering aero damage. This prevents engines from overheating and blowing at an unrealistic rate.
* Fixed an issue that prevented bump starts from working properly on some cars. An example case – with gears and clutch set to manual, take an Ariel Atom out on Brands Hatch. At the first right hander, stall the car, ignition on, 2nd gear, roll down the hill up to about 15kph and drop the clutch. The car will now bump start. Exact conditions for a successful bump start will vary slightly by car.
* Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field.
* Fixed an issue that prevented the AI from pitting within the final 3 laps of a race
* Further tweaked the AI ability in wet races to more closely match the player car’s ability in the wet
* Improved the AI’s efficiency in pit timing when needing to change tyres due to weather conditions.

Pitting, tuning, setups
* Fixed an issue where wet tyres were fitted too long before the rain starts, causing excessive overheating and wear on the tyres.
* Fixed an issue where, when running low on fuel, the Pit Board would appear to tell the player to do a scheduled pit stop when the player did not schedule a pit stop.
* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.
* Fixed an issue where the car’s bump-stop value decreased after leaving a race session and joining it again.
* Reworked the brake bias display information so that changing the values is more intuitive.

Tracks
* Performance optimisation pass done on: Brands Hatch layouts, Cadwell layouts, Oulton Park layouts, Bathurst, Azure circuit, and Zolder. This helps improve the overall smoothness when racing on these tracks with large grids of cars.
* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving.
* Fixed an issue where a pit crew character would at times appear floating above the race track on various tracks.
* Silverstone Stowe – fixed render issues on some tyre stacks, and addressed an issue with cars driving through certain objects.
* Road America – fixed an issue where a line of grass line appeared in the air near a concrete barrier.
* Spa Francorchamps – fixed an issue where cars under AI control would bump into the pit wall when exiting the pit lane. Fixed an issue where the AI were running too wide over the exit curb at the Bus Stop Chicane.
* Brno – fixed an issue where cars would at times start in the same grid positions, fixed garage six to prevent the AI from getting stuck on the right side wall when exiting the garage spot, fixed an issue when running more than 20 cars in a race would cause the car in 21st to slide into the pits.
* Le Mans – fixed an issue that would at times cause the car to crash while in the pit lane, leading to a disqualification. Improved the AI race line for better speed, and improved the AI behaviour on curbs.
* Laguna Seca – improved the AI performance as they were running too slow in some sections.
* Imola – Improved the pit lane AI navigation, and fixed an issue with a section of the fence at the pit entrance that appear to float.
* Bathurst - fixed a render issue with shimmering edges in parts of the track.

Career
* Added a new RUF RGT8 GT3 contract to ensure that the player can enter the RUF GT3 series on contract renewal and not just when starting a new career.
* Fixed the unlock details for the Supercar Ardennes Club Day Invitational.
* Fixed an issue where skipping the session during a race caused the player to move up in the session results.

Vehicles
* Group 5 cars – adjusted the gearshift timing tolerances to fix an issue with the gearing when pausing and restarting a session.
* Gumpert Apollo – fixed an issue with the livery sets that caused the livery selection to display wrong liveries.
* Aston Martin Vantage GT3 – tuned engine lifetime and brake cooling parameters for better accuracy.
* Lotus 98T – tweaked turbo to improve AI estimation of top speed.
* McLaren F1 GTR – modified the default setup and reduced front bump steer to improve straight line stability, fixed an issue to ensure that the car’s specific HUD motec display is used
* McLaren F1 - Fixed an issue that caused the car to use the wrong default tyre compound.
* Ford GT40 MK4 – Reworked in several areas to improve handling and match the real car closer - Bump stops settings exposed in setup with better tuned setup defaults, increased wrap around stiffness of the tire carcass, rebalanced base vs tear grip, rebalanced player vs AI rain performance against the AI.
* All Formula vehicles – Stop brake light reflections appearing on cars that don’t have brake lights.

General
* Fixed an issue where the player position would at times change to last when player crosses the starting line during rolling starts.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting the ‘Edit Tuning Setup’ option in the ‘PIT BOX’ screen.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while watching a saved replay.
* Driver Network Profile – fixed an issue where entering Free Practice mode would count toward Races Entered.
* Fixed an issue that required the game to first restart after installing an in-game DLC before the DLC would be available for use.
* Audio – rebalanced the volume of skid sounds to make them a bit more audible.
* Updated the achievement "I am the 5%" to ensure that it can be achieved in non-Pro-modes as well.
* Fixed a game crash issue caused by an overflow of the email inbox when the player received above a certain amount of invitational emails.
* GUI – fixed an issue where the controls configuration arrows in Options would not respond correctly to mouse input when attempting fine adjustment.

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 09:24
I look forward trying this great new update, there is a lot of work!
THANKS!

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 09:27
Downloading.... It s online!

Markeeez
06-07-2015, 09:33
Downloading, Cannot wait to try the new AI out :)

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 09:34
GREEN GREEN GREEN !!!11

MrStef85
06-07-2015, 09:37
Nice work guys!

florent71
06-07-2015, 09:42
nice work, thanks !

Human
06-07-2015, 10:10
Awesome, keep up the hard work. Greatly appreciated! Cheers guys.

Fong74
06-07-2015, 10:15
Thanks a lot to all involved! This makes my working day feel much longer now :p Looking very much forward to the evening to test drive the new version of the game :angel:

Marrrfooo
06-07-2015, 10:17
This looks like it just about crushes the last of the big smelly bugs (wet weather ninjas, wet weather tyres being near-all weather, Le Mans crashes, even AI awareness improvements are handy!).

It's been quite roasty in the UK for the last week or so (those that live in proper warm climates will laugh - but relatively speaking it's true) so I haven't fired it up for over a week now. Now it's cooled a touch and 2.0 is dropping I think it's time I got used to my new T3PA-PRO pedals. :D

Mix one - give it everything!

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 10:21
It's a big patch though, 1.7GB.

danowat
06-07-2015, 10:24
Can anyone confirm if bluetooth keyboards work? as well as USB ones?

Mr.Smoke
06-07-2015, 10:27
Looking forward to seeing how the FFB is on my T100 after this update. Nice work SMS!!

No5k1ll
06-07-2015, 10:35
Thank you guys! Nice work :D

jason
06-07-2015, 10:36
Thanks guys downloading now

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 10:42
Downloading now. Thank you SMS for your dedicated work!

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 10:44
Can anyone confirm if bluetooth keyboards work? as well as USB ones?
My BT keyboard worked since the beginning, only navigating menu's I mean.

Fong74
06-07-2015, 10:49

Correct. But now we should be able to assign functions to keyboard buttons in-game and use them while driving... Like the PC guys.

danowat
06-07-2015, 10:50

Cheers, I'll buy one then, just hope I can assign buttons to it too.........

memoric77
06-07-2015, 10:50
Thanks a lot to all involved! This makes my working day feel much longer now :p Looking very much forward to the evening to test drive the new version of the game :angel:

After calibrate the pedals on fanatec gt3 your arent able to you them. nothing changes. but I tried out to use ps4 controller together with wheel connected. it works.

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 10:52
Cheers, I'll buy one then, just hope I can assign buttons to it too.........
Just tried in Patch 2.0:

KEYS CAN BE ASSIGNED TOO ...... THANKS GUYS !!! :D:D:D
Now some confirmation if Button Boxes will work too (PS4)

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 10:52
After calibrate the pedals on fanatec gt3 your arent able to you them. nothing changes. but I tried out to use ps4 controller together with wheel connected. it works.

Means you cannot drive with wheel?

lordymatsuo
06-07-2015, 10:54
Exciting times with a new patch :) The future is looking bright

owenmorris
06-07-2015, 11:02
Excellent update, not..... Have a crash go in pits and won't replace missing wheel

owenmorris
Don't hold your breath

ChrisK

lol at least wait until you try it out and find any issues before you're negative bro. It could be 4gb and take 2 days for all I care as long as it fixes things.

You sound like the sort of bloke that would complain if someone gifted you $100 and it was only in $10 notes.:p

ChrisK
06-07-2015, 11:03
Which one do you have ?

Bealdor
06-07-2015, 11:05
Excellent update, not..... Have a crash go in pits and won't replace missing wheel

Known issue that's not fixed yet. Doesn't say anything about patch quality. ;)

bjosim
06-07-2015, 11:15
I will leave this forum now, (to play) and return in a few days after the dust has settled. These things will from experience cause a lot of fuzz, with questions ranging from "is X included in the patch?", "Y isn't fixed" and "why didn't you Z?" flooding the forum. Not that it is anything wrong, we need to get a good overview, I just feel for the mods and devs in these times. Myself, I can just relax,enjoy my summer vacation (the weather is bad here so, yay! i can play!) and return when things are calmer.

Meanwhile, behave everyone :)

diesel97
06-07-2015, 11:17

I think some of that GB's are new cars and tracks

oscarolim
06-07-2015, 11:21
Just tried in Patch 2.0:

KEYS CAN BE ASSIGNED TOO ...... THANKS GUYS !!! :D:D:D
Now some confirmation if Button Boxes will work too (PS4)

Should to, as they are seen as a keyboard :)

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 11:24
Have been testin out the 2.0 patch now for a little time and so far i am pleased with it :)

FFB centering spring is now much less noticeable and it is far more easy to feel feedback in slow speeds
Able to do keyboard mapping for seat adjustment and other things is just wonderful, now i can have the buttons on my steering wheel for important things while racing.
Use both gamepad and steering wheel for navigating in the menus, finally!!

diesel97
06-07-2015, 11:28
Have been testin out the 2.0 patch now for a little time and so far i am pleased with it :)

FFB centering spring is now much less noticeable and it is far more easy to feel feedback in slow speeds
Able to do keyboard mapping for seat adjustment and other things is just wonderful, now i can have the buttons on my steering wheel for important things while racing.

Have you tried mapping buttons to the gamepad ?

ingrobny
06-07-2015, 11:36
:applause: Great work SMS. This will be the first time i look forward to start a game from beginning again :)

Most important updates for me is:

* Slowed down the AI opponents in the rain when using racing tyres, to make racing against them better balanced.
* Further tweaked the AI ability in wet races to more closely match the player car’s ability in the wet

This means that i don't need to lower the opponent skill when i enter a race in rain or have to quit during a race when the starts to rain to lower opponent skill.

Edit:

The update is now live here in Norway and it's a big on 1.776 GB :)

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 11:38
lol at least wait until you try it out and find any issues before you're negative bro. It could be 4gb and take 2 days for all I care as long as it fixes things.

You sound like the sort of bloke that would complain if someone gifted you $100 and it was only in $10 notes.:p

I wasn't complaining lol. Its more a heads up to those wanting to jump straight on when they get in from work etc. To maybe ask someone at home to download it for them so it's ready for them when they get in.

And I'd want it in 50's if I'm honest ;) haha

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 11:41
Have you tried mapping buttons to the gamepad ?

I tried but it doesn't work. It says multiple buttons detected so i think that the PS4 think that the wheels button X, circle, square and so on is already selected and therefor you get a conflict.
So the best way of mapping more buttons is to get a USB or BT keyboard.

And i'm curious about if those button-boxes out there is working. Can anyone confirm?

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 11:48
Which one do you have ?
Logitech:
http://support.logitech.com.cn/product/cordless-mediaboard-pro-for-ps3

Just assigned ALL possible functions and they all work in game, while driving !!! :triumphant:

LotusTeam
06-07-2015, 11:56
Can't wait to test it! Most important thing to me...how's the extra active controller and USB keyboard? Did it work?

Edit: Oh I missed above threads....awesome!

GenBrien
06-07-2015, 12:02
Guess that its still not available here in NA(not SMS fault)

Azure Flare
06-07-2015, 12:02
Is it avaliable in the states? My system doesn't see it.

antraxx25
06-07-2015, 12:03
Motion Sensor controller profile a bit funny but not bad
I only missing the pitcrew/pit engineers i hope we'll get in next update.

Anyway great job Thank you guys!

andycass
06-07-2015, 12:16
Can't assign any buttons now in config either on my wheel or controller. L2 button now doesn't work on either. Not even got to the stage of trying my button box. Just get the message multiple inputs were detected no action was assigned.

JoeDogs
06-07-2015, 12:18
I want to say thank you for the Patch 2.0! This is a game I want to spend my money and time on for sure ;) I think PCars feels now even more realistic. brakes are more sensitive and better for me. Continue with the good work boy,s :eagerness:

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 12:23
Can't assign any buttons now in config either on my wheel or controller. L2 button now doesn't work on either. Not even got to the stage of trying my button box. Just get the message multiple inputs were detected no action was assigned.

You already assigned the button you try to map. So for example L2, you need to unmap that button first and then you can assign another one in that place.

andycass
06-07-2015, 12:27
You already assigned the button you try to map. So for example L2, you need to unmap that button first and then you can assign another one in that place.

L2 not assigned to anything when i say L2 not working i mean i can't use it anywhere in the menu's on either controller or wheel.

jimmyb_84
06-07-2015, 12:35
Off into the loft to get the bluetooth keyboard dongle I left in the PC!

GHR Gynoug79
06-07-2015, 12:40
Great Work ! Can finally map all the buttons to my BT Keyboard and navigate the menus with the pad and race with my t500rs ! :)

rams1de
06-07-2015, 12:48

You've made my day. The centre spring issue has been be holding me back from getting into so much of this game.

rocafella1978
06-07-2015, 12:52
L2 not assigned to anything when i say L2 not working i mean i can't use it anywhere in the menu's on either controller or wheel.

happened on mine too, went in without wheel, unmapped unnecessary DS4 controller buttons (except for mandatory ones), then went back in with wheel, mapped buttons and worked.

Knightfall
06-07-2015, 12:57
Oh boy that list of improvements makes me think xmas came in July! THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!

I will post when I am able to download patch 2.0 from pstore here in the US!

Bubu_Pat
06-07-2015, 13:03
Since the new update 6 cars have disappeared for me. That is to say: I had the Mercedes DTM Evo 6 original skin. But which have now disappeared. The Cars was from Klaus Ludwig, Bernd Schneider, Keke Rosberg, Ellen Lohr.....

mcgeeza
06-07-2015, 13:13
The "Sync to Race" weather option and time progression sliders for MP are still broken. :(

Gregz0r
06-07-2015, 13:14
BOGGITY! BOOGITY! BOOGITY! - LET'S GO RACIN' BOYS!!!
AAAAND IT'S GO! GO! GO!!

Bealdor
06-07-2015, 13:15
Just a quick reminder:

We want to get this posted up so that you all are aware of the fixes being addressed in this patch. We are investigating and fixing all reported issues, so if there is an issue that you don't see in this list, please don't post "Where is the fix for this issue?" style questions in this thread. There are dedicated threads in other areas on the forum where you can post and discuss other issues. Please keep discussions in this thread to issues mentioned in the list below.

;)

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 13:19
Great Work ! Can finally map all the buttons to my BT Keyboard and navigate the menus with the pad and race with my t500rs ! :)

Damn, amazing to hear. Take that The Crew!

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 13:22
I have a blueteeth keyboard. What are you actually assigning to it?

PureMalt77
06-07-2015, 13:27

Which BT Keyboard are you using?
Many people is reporting that you cannot assign in-game controls to BT keyboards, only USB ones.
So, are you able to map settings like seat adjustment to your BT keyboard and actually use it while driving?

AngelBrow
06-07-2015, 13:50
Im having sound issues since I just installed the 2.0 patch. Only tried Aston Martin GT3, z4 GT3 sofar. Noticing it mainly out of corners. Sounds like there is lag going on, but there isn't. The video is smooth but the audio is lagging. Very wierd, never experienced this before the 2.0. But ive only played for 30 min now. Lets see how it gets on.

LordDRIFT
06-07-2015, 13:51
wTF..why didn't I check the forum before I left the house. My PS4 is powered off!...grrrr!

LordDRIFT
06-07-2015, 13:53
FFB report back guys. It kinda sucks I may have to go messing with ffb again after getting dialed in.

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 13:58
Which BT Keyboard are you using?
Many people is reporting that you cannot assign in-game controls to BT keyboards, only USB ones.
So, are you able to map settings like seat adjustment to your BT keyboard and actually use it while driving?As I mentioned, my BT Logitech keyboard works fine. I have all possible controls assigned to keys and they are all working fine, while racing with the T500RS...

PureMalt77
06-07-2015, 13:59
Im having sound issues since I just installed the 2.0 patch. Only tried Aston Martin GT3, z4 GT3 sofar. Noticing it mainly out of corners. Sounds like there is lag going on, but there isn't. The video is smooth but the audio is lagging. Very wierd, never experienced this before the 2.0. But ive only played for 30 min now. Lets see how it gets on.

Since the patch brings over almost 1.8 GB of data, perhaps you would like to try that Rebuild Database thing. Check on the PS4 sticked threads...

amazed
06-07-2015, 14:01
Since the new update 6 cars have disappeared for me. That is to say: I had the Mercedes DTM Evo 6 original skin. But which have now disappeared. The Cars was from Klaus Ludwig, Bernd Schneider, Keke Rosberg, Ellen Lohr.....

I think we got those (and some others, like the rusty Escort) in error. I think we'll get them back in the community livery pack #2.

AngelBrow
06-07-2015, 14:03
Ok, so I am 6 laps into my 20 lap race. The audio lag is gone and i F*cking looooooove you guys!!! The AI is soo well improved! I just managed to throw it up the inside of a guy into the chicane at Imola, he didnt smash into my door, he noticed I was there, he let me past, I had a bad exit, he tried to take me going down to the 2x90degree left handers before start finish. I blocked him. Im so excited! This is what racing is all about!!

*Ive never been able to get a clean pass on an AI into that chicane without him/her just smashing into my door.

Titzon Toast
06-07-2015, 14:12
Well, that's me doing a legger from work early.
I can't wait to see how this patch fixes things.
Thanks SMS.

Jweaver
06-07-2015, 14:16
I can't test this for a week, but would be interested to know if there is any changes to the 2 things which affect me (As a casual player) the most:

1. Have the reflections been fixed.. I play with the Bonnet view and the bonnet is not only too shiny/reflective, the reflections are wrong and it breaks the illusion

2. Any change to the lobbies.. Lobbies where the countdown is stuck at 60 or 0? Or where you join qualifiying and 'drive' is greyed out?

mjemec11
06-07-2015, 14:27
I tried a quick practice session with a controller (couldn't be bothered to fix the wheel to my desk, too hot at the moment) and mapped seat adjustments to the numeric keypad. The weird thing is that the numeric keys 8, 4, 6 and 2 are automatically used by the game to look left, right, up, down. For instance I had the seat forward/backward mapped to 7/6 and when I wanted to move the seat back with 6 it does that, but also looks to the left. Is there a way to remove this behavior? For the moment I mapped seat movements to insert, delete, home, end, page up and down keys instead.

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 14:31
Ok, so I am 6 laps into my 20 lap race. The audio lag is gone and i F*cking looooooove you guys!!! The AI is soo well improved! I just managed to throw it up the inside of a guy into the chicane at Imola, he didnt smash into my door, he noticed I was there, he let me past, I had a bad exit, he tried to take me going down to the 2x90degree left handers before start finish. I blocked him. Im so excited! This is what racing is all about!!

*Ive never been able to get a clean pass on an AI into that chicane without him/her just smashing into my door.

This fills us with immense joy, thanks!

The best bit is that there's much more to come in future patches as we move more towards implementing your requested features and less on pure issues.

tgrey
06-07-2015, 14:31
This update isn't showing for me (North America)... is there something special I should do or somewhere I should look?

DJBLITZKRIEG
06-07-2015, 14:35
3 minutes left!!

sirsilver1968
06-07-2015, 14:37
Project cars is fast becoming my game of the year, absolutely adore it, what more can i say other than thank you SMS for listening.

jpl8910
06-07-2015, 14:45
anyone can tell me how it goes tilt motion With This new pach?

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 14:47
GREEN GREEN GREEN !!!11

the next patch is 1 month ahead, just keep pushing! :p

Mizzbizz
06-07-2015, 14:56
THX SMS! There's so much implemented many of us asked for, so you show you REALLY care! Great job everybody! Can't wait to get onboard and do some laps :-)

Sik180sx
06-07-2015, 14:59
It's 1am here,in bed,can't sleep and my alarm is going to sound in 5 hours,so i think bugger it i'm going too have a quick look at pcars forums before i attempt to force a power nap.
What do i see?patch 2.0 released,what am i hearing?it's amazing,well Mr Ian Bell and SMS crew,you have sucessfully ruined my "power nap" and now i'm going to be at work on 3 hours sleep,if someone is crushed under a loader due to my fatigue,it's now your fault,OK?
There should be a warning label on the cover of the game that reads "WARNING,The contents of this package are addictive,deliberate mis-use or extended exposure may be dangerous,and may cause serious injury or death to others"
It is basically digital heroin,and i'm f##king hooked.
But seriously,amazing work guys :) big thumbs up from me.

SOCIALDISCO
06-07-2015, 15:10
Is there anyone with DSD Button Box, or anything similar, able to test it on PS4 and report back?

tmitch45
06-07-2015, 15:15
Logitech:
http://support.logitech.com.cn/product/cordless-mediaboard-pro-for-ps3

Just assigned ALL possible functions and they all work in game, while driving !!! :triumphant:

Does this bluetooth keyboard work with ps4? and does it need a usb port for a dongle?

tgrey
06-07-2015, 15:16
Is there anyone with DSD Button Box, or anything similar, able to test it on PS4 and report back?

I had looked into DSD boxes before... from what I had found it seems that they operate as a gamepad, not as a keyboard. Don't think we'll have any luck with them (yet?).

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 15:19
Does this bluetooth keyboard work with ps4? and does it need a usb port for a dongle?works on PS3 and PS4, no dongle needed, it is BT.

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 15:20
I had looked into DSD boxes before... from what I had found it seems that they operate as a gamepad, not as a keyboard. Don't think we'll have any luck with them (yet?).I asked Derek if the BB would work on PS4. He refers to the FAQ on his site, but that does not make me much wiser...

phinn
06-07-2015, 15:23
Great work on the patch and thanks. Wondering why the PC and X1 versions got performance improvements listed but not the PS4 version? Granted PS4 is already quite smooth and steady at 60fps. Just curious.

Also when you get around to doing new tracks, please add Pikes Peak, it would be very unique with the mountains and elevation changes (yes I know it's a ton of work and research to add a new track).

FMW
06-07-2015, 15:31
On pure accident I took today off from work and to my surprise I see patch 2.0 is being released today ;) What bloody rotten luck for me. LOL

tgrey
06-07-2015, 15:35
I asked Derek if the BB would work on PS4. He refers to the FAQ on his site, but that does not make me much wiser...

From his FAQ, I underlined the most important part:

Q6 – Can I connect more than one box to my computer?

A – Yes, and we have personally verified that iRacing will use multiple boxes, a wheel with pedals and another USB game pad simultaneously. The USB components we manufacture are fully compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8. They are recognized as simple game controllers. Any Windows 7/8 title which will use a game controller will see DSD USB devises.

So no, they will not work.

cwinnbari
06-07-2015, 15:42
This update isn't showing for me (North America)... is there something special I should do or somewhere I should look?

I'd assume it'll be up at NA PSN's usual time of 10am PST / 2pm EST. The bummer of being in such a wide country :-/

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 15:44
Great work on the patch and thanks. Wondering why the PC and X1 versions got performance improvements listed but not the PS4 version? Granted PS4 is already quite smooth and steady at 60fps. Just curious.

Also when you get around to doing new tracks, please add Pikes Peak, it would be very unique with the mountains and elevation changes (yes I know it's a ton of work and research to add a new track).

You've answered most of your own question really, the PS4 got a big improvement with the last patch and is already fairly solid. We have though further optimised the hardest hitting areas of some tracks which the PS4 will benefit from.

Pikes Peak (the real one with the dirt!) is so pCARS2 though :)

tgrey
06-07-2015, 15:44
I'd assume it'll be up at NA PSN's usual time of 10am PST / 2pm EST. The bummer of being in such a wide country :-/

Lame, I didn't realize there was a "usual time". I know I've gotten some GTA updates while playing far earlier than that.

Guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

Jump_Ace
06-07-2015, 15:45
I don't see these issues addressed:

1) game locks up if you select skip to end of session when on track, sometimes when in the pits.

2) clicking the drive button does nothing, you have to re-enter the pits (even though are in the pits) and select drive again. This happens constantly as I tweak car settings in a race practice event, or just free practice.

3) the AI seems to be all over the place, I like the level 80 setting so it's pretty close racing (1-2 second lead after a few laps at most), but some races like the Lotus 98T event and the HTC events I had to bump the AI down to 60 for those events after spending a lot of time tuning each car. Then for the TC Euro event, at level 80 I was waaaaaay faster than the AI.

Anyone else see these things?

Jerome

cwinnbari
06-07-2015, 15:50
Lame, I didn't realize there was a "usual time". I know I've gotten some GTA updates while playing far earlier than that.

Guess I'll try again later. Thanks.

Yeah its a bummer, I think its where the developer is located... It seems like the NA market is a bit behind update wise. The last patch was the same, updating around 6-7 hours after the initial release. Oh well can't wait to mess around in the new update.

rocafella1978
06-07-2015, 15:50
GREEN GREEN GREEN !!!11

is there are a reason why US does not have the 2.0 update yet? or can download it? (I can't find it manually nor automatically) on PS4...

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 16:00
is there are a reason why US does not have the 2.0 update yet? or can download it? (I can't find it manually nor automatically) on PS4...

Post #84

Fanapryde
06-07-2015, 16:02
From his FAQ, I underlined the most important part:

Q6 – Can I connect more than one box to my computer?

A – Yes, and we have personally verified that iRacing will use multiple boxes, a wheel with pedals and another USB game pad simultaneously. The USB components we manufacture are fully compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8. They are recognized as simple game controllers. Any Windows 7/8 title which will use a game controller will see DSD USB devises.

So no, they will not work.
I feared as much.
Wish Derek would have given a conclusive answer though.

tgrey
06-07-2015, 16:03
Post #84

Maybe they just didn't realize US is part of North America :very_drunk:

Roger Prynne
06-07-2015, 16:10
I don't see these issues addressed:

1) game locks up if you select skip to end of session when on track, sometimes when in the pits.

2) clicking the drive button does nothing, you have to re-enter the pits (even though are in the pits) and select drive again. This happens constantly as I tweak car settings in a race practice event, or just free practice.

3) the AI seems to be all over the place, I like the level 80 setting so it's pretty close racing (1-2 second lead after a few laps at most), but some races like the Lotus 98T event and the HTC events I had to bump the AI down to 60 for those events after spending a lot of time tuning each car. Then for the TC Euro event, at level 80 I was waaaaaay faster than the AI.

Anyone else see these things?

Jerome

And that's a good thing?
Must get lonley out front.... :onthego:

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 16:16
I can't test this for a week, but would be interested to know if there is any changes to the 2 things which affect me (As a casual player) the most:

1. Have the reflections been fixed.. I play with the Bonnet view and the bonnet is not only too shiny/reflective, the reflections are wrong and it breaks the illusion

2. Any change to the lobbies.. Lobbies where the countdown is stuck at 60 or 0? Or where you join qualifiying and 'drive' is greyed out?

1. Not sure

2. A fix is ready for the next patch (2.1?)

skoader
06-07-2015, 16:27
My issues with the T100 look to have been resolved with this patch. *Happy dance*
Ffb feels much better near full lock in slow speed corners. I've been able to go back to my old settings and the wheel feels great.

Thanks very much guys!

Remy1986
06-07-2015, 16:28
I'm on the East coast US, download has started.

Knightfall
06-07-2015, 16:30
I can also confirm, downloading patch here in Chicago. Thanks SMS crew!

rillelives
06-07-2015, 16:32
Awesome work SMS! This is so close to playing my dream i had when i played my first race sim, Geoff Crammonds GP2, back in the days, so a big thank you for listening to your customers. It really makes one want to spend more money on your software.

"Everything" feels better with 2.0 so far, even Monaco is a bit smoother but maybe you need to go a bit more radical on the optimizations for this location on consoles, just the backend of a grandstand for god's sake, with all its bars and poles, looks to be like a billion polygons ;-)

sailordude9980
06-07-2015, 16:36
From an educational point of view (and without giving away company secrets) can you tell us how a game gets patched from problem to solution? No sarcasm. Being 34 and taking C++ at night. If I had unlimited resources, I would create a documentary for it :).

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 16:46
Awesome work SMS! This is so close to playing my dream i had when i played my first race sim, Geoff Crammonds GP2, back in the days, so a big thank you for listening to your customers. It really makes one want to spend more money on your software.

"Everything" feels better with 2.0 so far, even Monaco is a bit smoother but maybe you need to go a bit more radical on the optimizations for this location on consoles, just the backend of a grandstand for god's sake, with all its bars and poles, looks to be like a billion polygons ;-)

We did a lot of work here but yes, we can always do more.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 16:53
Woohoo it's out! Can someone confirm the centre spring issue is finally sorted? :cool:

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 16:58
Aarrrggghhhh!!! FFS!

After update my wheel won't auto calibrate when turned on. All its doing is rotating from full lock left and right. Anyone else having this problem?

amazed
06-07-2015, 17:11
What happened to my Ford rust bucket? Now I guess I need to act like I have money again and drive an expensive car.:very_drunk:

As Arnie said, 'I'll be back!'

copes24
06-07-2015, 17:21
I never used to hear my fan before the patch now it is quite loud as soon as I start driving. Anyone else experiencing this?

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 17:22
I have a T300RS and it calibrated normally. Did you restart your PS4 after the update installed? Unplug your wheel first and plug it in after the restart.

I've managed to sort it I think. Using my Fanatec atm. Changed from profile setting 1 to 2 on the actual wheel itself and it's seemed to have sorted it. I might have to reinstall the firmware again if it persists.

Thank you for the help though mate.

delahosh
06-07-2015, 17:23
FFB is BACK on T500RS :triumphant:

Great Work Guys! :very_drunk:

alegunner68
06-07-2015, 17:33
My engine volume has dropped immensely in car, tyre squeals are louder ( good ) but engine volume has dropped by about half.
Thanks for sorting the centre spring issue!

delahosh
06-07-2015, 17:34
Woohoo it's out! Can someone confirm the centre spring issue is finally sorted? :cool:

Confirmed :yes:

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 17:35
My engine volume has dropped immensely in car, tyre squeals are louder ( good ) but engine volume has dropped by about half.

Correct, the balance of those two have been amended due to user requests.

Miths
06-07-2015, 17:43
Thanks a lot for fixing the constant vibration bug when using motion controls - and for being one of only a couple of racing games to implement DS4 motion controls in the first place.
It's difficult to go back to using a thumbstick for steering after experiencing the smoothness of tilt controls (almost rivals the smoothness of using a steering wheel), but having to turn FFB down to zero on the previous version put a serious damper on my desire to play Project Cars (so I got my motion steering practice on DriveClub instead).
Looking forward to some long PC sessions now.

Fong74
06-07-2015, 17:48

Would it be possible to get sliders for all the audio channels in the future, so we can adjust everything to our liking? Setups can vary quite a lot from headsets to surround receivers to TVs...

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 17:50
I never used to hear my fan before the patch now it is quite loud as soon as I start driving. Anyone else experiencing this?
This patch installed a turbocharger into your ps4, that's it spooling up. ;)

(Your machine starts the fans when tempse rise, safety feature. May want to consider some additional thermal management mechanisms such as blowing a small desk fan on it)

Jezza819
06-07-2015, 17:52

Hmm. I thought engine noise was just fine. In fact some cars are rather quiet. But tire noise needed to be brought up. But if that's what the majority wants.

LordDRIFT
06-07-2015, 17:54
Aarrrggghhhh!!! FFS!

After update my wheel won't auto calibrate when turned on. All its doing is rotating from full lock left and right. Anyone else having this problem?

whoa . This started the death of my wheel after 1.4 .yikes. don't let it keep banging or the stops will break.. then the shaft housing.

daddyboosive
06-07-2015, 18:08
whoa . This started the death of my wheel after 1.4 .yikes. don't let it keep banging or the stops will break.. then the shaft housing.

I've managed to sort it for the time being by switching from wheel profile 1 to 2. Hopefully it will be ok. Never known a game like this but I still enjoy it so much haha.

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 18:10
Would it be possible to get sliders for all the audio channels in the future, so we can adjust everything to our liking? Setups can vary quite a lot from headsets to surround receivers to TVs...

Yes.

I do think there needs to be a limit as we do simulate an insane amount of 'noise' but I see no reason why we need engine and skid audio connected.

Mods, add it to my list please.

gubasx
06-07-2015, 18:14
When I exit the game and get back in ..some of the choices I made to controls, under the advanced settings, don't get saved.
This is annoying, every time I start the game I have to go into the options to adjust those settings.

Pirategenius
06-07-2015, 18:16
Great job guys.

Just a quick question any news on when the escort will be fixed?

Teno1878
06-07-2015, 18:19
Have the invitations problems been fixed like the 175 laps and team championships?

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 18:34
Oh come on SMS the centre spring issue has not been fixed at all...Still violently centering itself!!!

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 18:36
Oh come on SMS the centre spring issue has not been fixed at all...Still violently centering itself!!!

Five other posts say otherwise.

Having a blind clue about your hardware might help us though.

wicken
06-07-2015, 18:39
Have the invitations problems been fixed like the 175 laps and team championships?
Nope, those are still bugged.

LordDRIFT
06-07-2015, 18:44
I've managed to sort it for the time being by switching from wheel profile 1 to 2. Hopefully it will be ok. Never known a game like this but I still enjoy it so much haha.

that's good.

rams1de
06-07-2015, 18:56
T300RS here. The centre spring is fairly strong, anyone hoping it would be de-activated will be disappointed.

Personally, I'm satisfied with it. It's no longer so strong that it causes problems in the chicanes or masks the handling of the car. My wheel now aids counter steer as opposed to being something to battle against previously.

Good job from the devs, imo.

Teno1878
06-07-2015, 19:01

Nope, those are still bugged.
Ok mate don't suppose you know when the starlight glen endurance race unlocks

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 19:04
Five other posts say otherwise.

Having a blind clue about your hardware might help us though.

Just played the game it's defo not been fixed, Others reporting the same on GTPlanet...

PCars Centering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYlBlJL-7E8

DC Centering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6wPuqge1A&feature=youtu.be

As you can see DC centre's on how you'd expect, PCars wants to rip my arm off. The just of this is when cornering in PCars your constantly fighting with the wheel as it's wanting to centre itself.

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 19:09
Just played the game it's defo not been fixed, Others reporting the same on GTPlanet...

PCars Centering

DC Centering

As you can see DC centre's on how you'd expect, PCars wants to rip my arm off. The just of this is when cornering in PCars your constantly fighting with the wheel as it's wanting to centre itself.

Yes but it must depend on the level of tire force and ffb you set.

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 19:10

PCars Centering

DC Centering

I'll ask once more, can you please list your hardware in your signature or tell us in your post?

Gamingoneasy
06-07-2015, 19:10
Yes i can access online stuff after being in rest mode at last.

Thanks all involved :glee:

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 19:11
I'll ask once more, can you please list your hardware in your signature or tell us in your post?

Thrustmaster T300, T3PA Pedals, PS4

Yes but it must depend on the level of tire force and ffb you set.

Tire Force is only at 70

Ian Bell
Thrustmaster T300, T3PA Pedals, PS4

Turn down tyre force.

Flaw3dGenius
Turn down tyre force.

It's at 70 currently, What do you recommend? I thought 70 was quite low already?

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 19:12
It's at 70 currently, What do you recommend? I thought 70 was quite low already?

30 initially.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 19:17
30 initially.

Cheers, Missus has took over the TV now with her soaps so will get on it tonight.

pioneer1985
06-07-2015, 19:26
My Thrustmaster t100 wheel is very heavy and stiff when turning and trying to go in a straight line is a nightmare after patch 2.0 download and basically now is unplayable. already deleted everything game and patch, redownloaded/installed recalibrated the wheel same issue. Can I get some help please with this, all settings were at default before and after patch.

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 19:34

On my T500RS i run with 35 in tyre force so 70 that you got is wayyyy to much.

copes24
06-07-2015, 19:35
This patch installed a turbocharger into your ps4, that's it spooling up. ;)

(Your machine starts the fans when tempse rise, safety feature. May want to consider some additional thermal management mechanisms such as blowing a small desk fan on it)

Thanks but I'm not stupid. I was playing this a couple of days ago in a higher temperature and my fan didn't start once. Now it is on all the time while driving. As soon as I exit the session it stops.

I can confirm centre spring is gone on the T500rs.

Pirategenius
06-07-2015, 19:40
My Thrustmaster t100 wheel is very heavy and stiff when turning and trying to go in a straight line is a nightmare after patch 2.0 download and basically now is unplayable. already deleted everything game and patch, redownloaded/installed recalibrated the wheel same issue. Can I get some help please with this, all settings were at default before and after patch.

Really? My T100 feels fine with jack spades classic settings.

xLeper_Messiah
06-07-2015, 19:48
So after trying the update for a while now everything seems good, nice job SMS! Although I think the double downshift bug might not be fully squashed just yet, however it seems to happen less.

nhraracer
06-07-2015, 19:49
30 initially.

I too am having a very heavy center spring Ian with t300rs (ps4). I recalibrated everything after update, reset jack spades ffb perimeters to default and wheel is VERY heavy. If we are supposed to set tire force all the way down to 30 why isn't this default? ffb basically is nill after doing this for me. Also why does soft dampening always revert back to on in advanced settings?

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 19:50
I too am having a very heavy center spring Ian with t300rs (ps4). I recalibrated everything after update, reset jack spades ffb perimeters to default and wheel is VERY heavy. If we are supposed to set tire force all the way down to 30 why isn't this default? ffb basically is nill after doing this for me. Also why does soft dampening always revert back to on in advanced settings?

Honestly, because we're finding the hardware to be variant. We're setting the max we feel work for most an then advising customers to ramp it back a bit if it's excessive.

Liquid7394
06-07-2015, 19:55

Lower tyre force in the FFB calibration setup.

rocafella1978
just FYI, tried to reset all, saved games files even and all to default, still on T100 wheel, can't use the "L2" on wheel to move menu around. (only when starting a solo, practice or multiplayer L2 works in the menus) i know small thing to notice, but thought would mention it here.

Flaw3dGenius
Honestly, because we're finding the hardware to be variant. We're setting the max we feel work for most an then advising customers to ramp it back a bit if it's excessive.

Quick question Ian, Was running JOS FFB settings due to not liking default settings but after 1.4 i reset the FFB on a few cars and really liked the feel. Did the 1.4 patch sort FFB to be inline with the default FFB settings?

nhraracer

Not quite sure why i am having the issue on the ps4 as my pc version works brilliantly. I can tell you that at 30 the ffb is nearly gone. I'll toy around with it some more and report back. Is there a reason soft dampening always reverts back to on?

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 19:57
Not quite sure why i am having the issue on the ps4 as my pc version works brilliantly. I can tell you that at 30 the ffb is nearly gone. I'll toy around with it some more and report back. Is there a reason soft dampening always reverts back to on?

What is your tire force set to on PC with the T300?

Liquid7394
06-07-2015, 19:58

It's fine for me. I have FFB at 100, Tyre Force at 40 and I use Jack Spades 66% settings. I recalibrated my wheel, but I didn't do a full reset.

VBR
06-07-2015, 19:59
After Patch 2.0 my Fanatec GT2 wheel is not working properly. It's showing up as a Turbo S in the calibration menu, & the pedals are registering no input whatsoever making it impossible to calibrate them.

I posted more info in the PS4 Tech Support Forum here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34192-HELP-SMS!-Fanatec-GT2-amp-Patch-2-0-Wheel-Not-Working). PROBLEM PARTLY SOLVED NOW!

:(

nhraracer
06-07-2015, 20:01
What is your tire force set to on PC with the T300?

100 tf and 75 on force

diesel97
06-07-2015, 20:02
After Patch 2.0 my Fanatec GT2 wheel is not working properly. It's showing up as a Turbo S in the calibration menu, & the pedals are registering no input whatsoever making it impossible to calibrate them.

I posted more info in the Tech Support Forum here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34192-HELP-SMS!-Fanatec-GT2-amp-Patch-2-0-Wheel-Not-Working).

Did you see the link on GTP ? check post 104 and 108 i think it does say much but maybe you can PM the guy and see what he did

pioneer1985
06-07-2015, 20:03
@nhracer. You describe exactly what I am experiencing on my T100 I lowered tyre force also and ffb is awful and theres no life in the wheel.

Voxen
06-07-2015, 20:13
30 initially.

30 is way too low and remove most of the FFB, should we buy expensive wheels to not use them at their potential because the centering spring is way too high? Can't you guys just lower it like it was shown in the drive club video so we don't break our arms driving slow while still enjoying decent FFB? Or better, add a slider to adjust its force so everybody can tweak it and be happy!

Ian Bell
06-07-2015, 20:15
30 is way too low and remove most of the FFB, should we buy expensive wheels to not use them at their potential because the centering spring is way too high? Can't you guys just lower it like it was shown in the drive club video so we don't brake our arms driving slow while still enjoying decent FFB?

Many are reporting that the centre spring issue is fixed or at least improved. This is just a test to see if that's the case for you.

I'm not actually sure if it's all hardware variation or user expectation variation.

rocafella1978
06-07-2015, 20:17
30 initially.
not to bother anyone, but on PS4 with T100, what should tire force be at?

nhraracer
06-07-2015, 20:18
Many are reporting that the centre spring issue is fixed or at least improved. This is just a test to see if that's the case for you.

I'm not actually sure if it's all hardware variation or user expectation variation.

As far as user expectation i would think it would compare to the pc version. I will tinker with it, but if all else fails i will just slide the ps4 version out of the way and use the pc version that works brilliantly. :) I only bought the ps4 version to support you and your team anyway Ian.

VBR
06-07-2015, 20:18
Did you see the link on GTP ? check post 104 and 108 i think it does say much but maybe you can PM the guy and see what he did

That guy had a totally different issue to me. My issue is that the PS4 game is showing the calibration for a Fanatec Turbo S wheel, but my wheel is a Fanatec GT2. This means I am unable to calibrate my pedals, as no inputs from them are registering.

Voxen
06-07-2015, 20:19

Thanks for your reply Ian. Do you think a slider could be added so everybody could adjust its force? That would probably be the best way to handle this issue.

Whisky
06-07-2015, 20:21

hey mr. bell,

ofc they are different expectations but it just worked before 1.4 and now our only Option is to lower the tf until it feels very "light". would be very cool if we could use x-200 again (whatever we like, as it was is pre 1.4)

pioneer1985
06-07-2015, 20:24

Im thinking something has bugged out for people who have done full resets on the wheels after the patch and those not affected have not done full resets on there's, maybe this is also a ps4 specific issue.

Whisky
06-07-2015, 20:25
Im thinking something has bugged out for people who have done full resets on the wheels after the patch and those not affected have not done full resets on there's, maybe this is also a ps4 specific issue.

no it's not ps4 specific issue, same Problems @ pc

florent71
06-07-2015, 20:29

At ian Bell, could you please tell me why the soft dampering always reset on ? This is really boring !
Will this be fixed on the next update ?

delahosh
06-07-2015, 20:31
On my T500RS i run with 35 in tyre force so 70 that you got is wayyyy to much.

T500RS

FFB = 100
Tyre Force = 40
Scoop Knee = 0
Scoop Reduction = 0

..Brilliant :)

ermo
06-07-2015, 20:34
Thanks for your reply Ian. Do you think a slider could be added so everybody could adjust its force? That would probably be the best way to handle this issue.

But the slider is already there? It is called 'Tyre Force' and should be accessible at the bottom right when you enter the menu where you can calibrate your wheel?

diesel97
06-07-2015, 20:38
But the slider is already there? It is called 'Tyre Force' and should be accessible at the bottom right when you enter the menu where you can calibrate your wheel?

Are you saying that TF and center spring are the same thing ?

Voxen
06-07-2015, 20:40

Tyre force affect a lot of FFB values not just the centering spring, so when you want to lower the centering spring value by reducing tyre force you are lowering all other forces as well. That's why there should be a slider for the centering spring itself. Am I wrong?

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 20:41
T500RS

FFB = 100
Tyre Force = 40
Scoop Knee = 0
Scoop Reduction = 0

..Brilliant :)

I have almost the same setup, but I feel a hole near the center of the wheel, now that the centre spring issue is resolved... I tryed the Deadzone removal slider, but I feel that it has not the same effect anymore.

Umer Ahmad
Are you saying that TF and center spring are the same thing ?
Yeah basically. The wheel is centering very strongly because TYRE FORCES is too high. Cut it in half and try it

Umer Ahmad
Dupe

delahosh
06-07-2015, 20:46
I have almost the same setup, but I feel a hole near the center of the wheel, now that the centre spring issue is resolved... I tryed the Deadzone removal slider, but I feel that it has not the same effect anymore.

Have you tried Dead Zone Removal = 0?

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 20:47
Yeah basically. The wheel is centering very strongly because TYRE FORCES is too high. Cut it in half and try it

So is the centre spring issue was resolved by SMS by lowering tyre force by a factor 2, that s it?

Roger Prynne
06-07-2015, 20:49
Dead Zone Remove = 0 will give you the default DZ that the wheel has got naturally, increasing it will get rid of the DZ.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 20:50
Dead Zone Remove = 0 will give you the default DZ that the wheel has got naturally, increasing it will get rid of the DZ.

Deadzone Removal for the T300 should be 0.2, But on PS4 were only able to move up in .6 compared to .1 on PC so what we get is way to much.

Fre.Mo
06-07-2015, 20:50
Have you tried Dead Zone Removal = 0?

Yes, but I tryed to increase the slider to 0.06 or 0.12 to remove the deadzone but it is still there.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 20:51
Yes, but I tryed to increase the slider to 0.06 or 0.12 to remove the deadzone but it is still there.

I wonder why this got increased when we all wanted it decreased lol.

delahosh
06-07-2015, 20:53

DZR = 0 ..is the only Option for the T500

cujo1985
06-07-2015, 21:03
Computer A.I still stupidly fast on dry tires in the wet..........can you guys do anything right?

Roger Prynne
06-07-2015, 21:07
Deadzone Removal for the T300 should be 0.2, But on PS4 were only able to move up in .6 compared to .1 on PC so what we get is way to much.

Yeah that's a bummer.... PC is less than .1 by the way.... 0.04 for me for example.

Chonas
06-07-2015, 21:10
Spring center dissapeared for me. Just a test, stop your car, turn the wheel until the end and then press throttle a little bit...the wheel softly and very slowly goes to center while before 2.0 patch it went very fast and hard even if you press throttle a little.

Spitfire77
06-07-2015, 21:15
Spring center dissapeared for me. Just a test, stop your car, turn the wheel until the end and then press throttle a little bit...the wheel softly and very slowly goes to center while before 2.0 patch it went very fast and hard even if you press throttle a little.

Cool - what wheel do you use? what FFB, TF, settings? Do you use any of jack spades settings?

Anything-but
06-07-2015, 21:16
Just had weird audio bug online, quali went ok but then in the race is sounded like a constant wind roar and ambient+engine noise dropped about 50%. I'll upload a recording if it happens again.

Otherwise everything seems ok. :)

rillelives
06-07-2015, 21:17
Just to report, Watkins Glen still has some performance issues. Formula B, clear skies, not a dropped frame. Change to heavy cloud (no rain), significant performance drop.

Same test on som other tracks that look equal in complexity, like Laguna Seca, no difference between clear skies and heavy cloud condition.

mjemec11
06-07-2015, 21:19
I noticed some settings now change in increments of 6 instead of 5, at least in the FFB settings. Can you guys recommend any decent FFB settings for 2.0 for the Thrustmaster T300? I'm using Jack Spade settings, but I've noticed some cars are too light and some way too heavy with FFB 100 and TF around 50.

sbtm
06-07-2015, 21:27

you mean 0.02 not 0.2?

I go with 0 and it's very fine for me.

Roger Prynne
06-07-2015, 21:29
Ah ha, I thought it a bit strange that it was 0.2 and not 0.02 or 0.6 or 0.06 or whatever it is at the moment.

I wonder why these settings are like this on consoles.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 21:37
Oops...Yeah 0.06 but we need 0.01

GrimeyDog
06-07-2015, 21:45
What Nonsense Have you guys done to the settings??? I cant get 50% on my Brake or My Clutch Pedals... I grow weary of Pcars!!! 2 more weeks and its a new kid on the Block to play with.

Edit: while i dont like the fact that the Setting Numbers are Now all wacked out and you cant get 50% on Most of the settings... I must Admit the FFB Feel with the V2 wheel seems to have improved.... 50% FFB and 100% tire force is Now Very drivable with good feel... I can even use less than 50% FFB and its still very strong with Good feell... Good job on the Sonker update.

jason
06-07-2015, 21:53
Im using t500 on ps4 ................... I had the tyre force @ 100 , ffb @ 100 using jack spade bump plus .

All I did against everyone recommendations so it seems was dropped ffB strength to around 80 or even lower just to settle everything down ............ Feels nice to me

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 21:54
Really not trying to be a pain here Ian but lowering the tire force has made no difference :(

This is at 32, Also tried 26 (goes up n down in 6's now) and it's the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIoJ26mDD0

Also with the tire force that low you hardly feel any feedback from the road when driving.

On a plus point im really like the tire sounds now infact it's the first time i've ever heard the tires squeal since getting day 1!

NeoAkane
06-07-2015, 21:56
I use the T300RS on the PS4 and Tire Force around 45. Feels very good to me after this patch. :)
I love the finer control on slow corners now.
For comparison, the centering force while playing PCars is now slightly weaker than when we are on PS4 Home Screen with no game running.

For users info: I did a full reset, everything at default, then recalibrated the wheel, put my settings back again and no bugs so far.

Just a little disappointed that now the sliders for the FFB and control settings change in increments of 6. That means that if I mess around, like maximize some settings, Tire Force as an example, I can't go back to the default value unless I reset everything.

Wireless USB Keyboard working great here! I haven't tried racing in rain yet, so I can't comment.

This night would've been perfect if it wasn't for a random bug that happened at Monza's last chicane at the LAST lap when the Mclaren P1 I was driving suddenly crashed on thin air. It was like the car got pushed to the ground, sparks and everything. It had already happened at Donington before, two times at the same corner, while driving the Z4 GT3, though on that one it looked like a land mine or something.

Nonetheless, I'm very happy with this patch! Keep it up SMS!

2stains
06-07-2015, 22:01
I use the T300RS on the PS4 and Tire Force around 45. Feels very good to me after this patch. :)
I love the finer control on slow corners now.
For comparison, the centering force while playing PCars is now slightly weaker than when we are on PS4 Home Screen with no game running.

For users info: I did a full reset, everything at default, then recalibrated the wheel, put my settings back again and no bugs so far.

Just a little disappointed that now the sliders for the FFB and control settings change in increments of 6. That means that if I mess around, like maximize some settings, Tire Force as an example, I can't go back to the default value unless I reset everything.

Wireless USB Keyboard working great here! I haven't tried racing in rain yet, so I can't comment.

This night would've been perfect if it wasn't for a random bug that happened at Monza's last chicane at the LAST lap when the Mclaren P1 I was driving suddenly crashed on thin air. It was like the car got pushed to the ground, sparks and everything. It had already happened at Donington before, two times at the same corner, while driving the Z4 GT3, though on that one it looked like a land mine or something.

Nonetheless, I'm very happy with this patch! Keep it up SMS!
What keyboard are you using. ?

NeoAkane
06-07-2015, 22:04
What keyboard are you using. ?

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001B2T3SG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 22:06
Really not trying to be a pain here Ian but lowering the tire force has made no difference :(

This is at 32, Also tried 26 (goes up n down in 6's now) and it's the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIoJ26mDD0

Also with the tire force that low you hardly feel any feedback from the road when driving.

On a plus point im really like the tire sounds now infact it's the first time i've ever heard the tires squeal since getting day 1!

Ok, and how are the FFB-settings of your car? Master scale and Fy can't be to high otherwise you get a very heavy wheel.

My settings for my TS500RS is this:
Force feedback setting is set to 85
Tyre Force is 35

Then on each car i have a typical setup of something like this. This differs some between cars, RWD, FWD and so on.

Master Scale 40
Fx Scale 130
Fy Scale 40
Fz Scale 142
Mz Scale 142

FLX81
06-07-2015, 22:18

I dont know what kind of black magic those people are doing, but for me and my T300RS nothing changed since 1.4. Even at FFB 75 and TF30, while the wheel is so light that you can move it with one finger, the centering spring still overwhelms all other forces. At FFB100/TF40, which seems to be the most common setting here, turning the wheel on the straights at speed is about as hard as parking my Grampas 1985 Audi 80, which had no servo steering. Driving feels totally unnatural now, I m now always fighting the wheel to go where I want it instead of feeling what the car is doing.

I dont want 3 presets which are making things even more complicated in an option menu that is already overwhelmingly extensive. I just want the FFB from the release version back, which was perfectly fine.

To add insult to injury, why can we still only move sliders in increments of 5, or 6 actually? When changes of 1/0.1/0.01 are already making a big difference, being able to move sliders only 6/0.6/0.06 units is a big problem. Also I thought it was fixed that you need to assign a button to the handbrake etc?! Not taking away anything from the great improvements in other areas, but these seem like two rather small/quick fixes to UI issues that are causing big problems for players. Quite puzzling how these things can still exist 3 patches after release (or in the first place tbh, since you can hardly miss them).

Plus 2.0 introduced more trouble for me: In less than an hour, I ve had 2 random button pressings causing the game to minimize to the PS4 main menu. One of them was very obvious because all of a sudden the lights were on by themselves. I couldnt have pressed the button accidentially because it is mapped to L3, which sits in the base of the wheel and cant be reached accidentially. Also when I tried to drive the RWD P30 at Sakitto in free practice, I had no FFB whatsoever and had to exit the session, load another car, come back to the P30 and then it was ok again.

rocafella1978
06-07-2015, 22:19
increments of 0.06 is now the norm across the settings???

jason
06-07-2015, 22:22
With regards to the patch SMS ..... I played online for 4 hrs without a drop out or any other issues ........ my t500 took a little tweaking to feel right for me but feels much better around centre.
I played one quick race with no qualy with 32 cars at with no issues , the AI seemed a lot better and more aware of what is around them. I have yet to run a rain race so I cant comment on that aspect of the AI.

Thank you very much , I think its a great Patch. Much improved , Great work Gentlemen.

jason
06-07-2015, 22:27
I dont know what kind of black magic those people are doing, but for me and my T300RS nothing changed since 1.4. Even at FFB 75 and TF30, while the wheel is so light that you can move it with one finger, the centering spring still overwhelms all other forces. At FFB100/TF40, which seems to be the most common setting here, turning the wheel on the straights is about as hard as parking my Grampas 1985 Audi 80, which had no servo steering. Driving feels totally unnatural now, I m now always fighting the wheel to go where I want it instead of feeling what the car is doing.

I dont want 3 presets which are making things even more complicated in an option menu that is already overwhelmingly extensive. I just want the FFB from the release version back, which was perfectly fine.

To add insult to injury, why can we still only move sliders in increments of 5, or 6 actually? When changes of 1/0.1/0.01 are already making a big difference, being able to move sliders only 6/0.6/0.06 units is a big problem. Also I thought it was fixed that you need to assign a button to the handbrake etc?! Not taking away anything from the great improvements in other areas, but these seem like two rather small/quick fixes to UI issues that are causing big problems for players. Quite puzzling how these things can still exist 3 patches after release (or in the first place tbh, since you can hardly miss them).

Plus 2.0 introduced more trouble for me: In less than an hour, I ve had 2 random button pressings causing the game to minimize to the PS4 main menu. One of them was very obvious because all of a sudden the lights were on by themselves. I couldnt have pressed the button accidentially because it is mapped to L3, which sits in the base of the wheel and cant be reached accidentially. Also when I tried to drive the RWD P30 at Sakitto in free practice, I had no FFB whatsoever and had to exit the session, load another car, come back to the P30 and then it was ok again.

Try to drop you Mz scale please
When ever I do this it tones down the centre spring a lot , give it a go it wont hurt will it if you are at a loss.

ChrisK
06-07-2015, 22:27
Didn't feel a lot different to me. Steering maybe a bit smoother. I had to increase the steering sensitivity a tad as it felt like I needed to turn my wheel like an 1/8th of a turn more than normal. Maybe this was a change in the tyre wear modelling ?

No problem with centre spring. Its lighter but it's still there but I'm used to it and it's not too bad. I run tyre force at 70 and ffb at 100 on a t300. It's heavy but I have just come to accept this is the dynamic of the games ffb and I'm ok with it.

All in all, I can't see what all the fuss was about with this patch. For all the hype, it didn't seem to change much. I'd love to know what it is all these people are jumping out of their skin so excited about. The bug of it not loading the RVM on default is still there. The bug of it not loading your chosen livery is still there. The issue of not being able to join a session when 3minutes left of quali is still there. The bug of being dragged into pits on low fuel with steering assist is still there according to one of the guys we races with. The bug of it down changing to 1st using a controller is still there according to one of the guys we raced with.

As others already pointed out, I also noticed that the dz removal range has now increased to 0.6 as a minimum value and now I have a bigger issue. Why did this change ? Tyre force can only be increased by increments of 6 now...again...why did this change ? Seems like problems were introduced by changes that just weren't necessary and don't make much sense to an outsider looking in.

On a positive, we ran for about an hour and half I guess jason ? About 10 people in a private lobby and there were no dropouts and no obscure pitstop for no reason bugs. So if the patch has resolved the lobby stability and eliminated the pitstop issues...I'll try that over the next few days, then that's a great start.

diesel97
06-07-2015, 22:29
increments of 0.06 is now the norm across the settings???

Why SMS goes in the FFB to fix center spring and thought "hey lets change all the numbers up while where here " I dont get it

We wanted smaller increment and they give us larger ,I dont get it

ChrisK
06-07-2015, 22:31
Fz Scale 142
Mz Scale 142

That seems very high. I run them at half that. I don't have any car operating at a value higher than 80 for either of those. But I do run tyre force double what you do, so they seem to balance eachother out based on your feedback.

Titzon Toast
06-07-2015, 22:33
This game is simply amazing, the ffb feels fantastic, tonight is the first night I've been actually able to feel what the car is doing.
It's been fairly frustrating for me just reading the forums and not being able to play since launch day.
I reset my Turbo-S wheel earlier, dialed in Jack Spade's settings from the app, adjusted a few things on my wheel, and set my Tyre force at 25, and my ffb at 80 in game.
I love it. What a game!

jason
06-07-2015, 22:34
That seems very high. I run them at half that. I don't have any car operating at a value higher than 80 for either of those. But I do run tyre force double what you do, so they seem to balance eachother out based on your feedback.
They are extremely high

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 22:37
Ok, and how are the FFB-settings of your car? Master scale and Fy can't be to high otherwise you get a very heavy wheel.

My settings for my TS500RS is this:
Tyre Force is 35

Then on each car i have a typical setup of something like this. This differs some between cars, RWD, FWD and so on.

Master Scale 40
Fx Scale 130
Fy Scale 40
Fz Scale 142
Mz Scale 142

We are using a totally different wheels though, The motors are different in the T300 (more powerful)

If i set the tire force to 32 i get pretty much no feedback from driving.

I use a mix of JOS settings (most cars are around 36) and default which is 26

Again on your settings i dont have any above 100 infact JOS mostly has them at...

Fx Scale 30-50
Fy Scale 12-16
Fz Scale 80-100
Mz Scale 80-100

jason
06-07-2015, 22:38
The motors in your t500 are way more powerful then any t300 my friend.

No ffb from your t500 .....you have something wrong with your settings , I have to turn mine down as it wants to shake my teeth out my head.

I use t500

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 22:42
The motors in your t500 are way more powerful then any t300 my friend.

No ffb from your t500 .....you have something wrong with your settings , I have to turn mine down as it wants to shake my teeth out my head.

I use t500

T300 has brushless motors for smoother quicker turning rather than power, My bad!

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 22:43
Try to drop you Mz scale please
When ever I do this it tones down the centre spring a lot , give it a go it wont hurt will it if you are at a loss.

I have to admit that my Mz-setting were a bit high yes, i went down to around 90 and it feels a lot better. Maybe i can go down even further down to 75-80. Not so strong in the center now. Thanx :)

jason
06-07-2015, 22:45
I have to admit that my Mz-setting were a bit high yes, i went down to around 90 and it feels a lot better. Maybe i can go down even further down to 75-80. Not so strong in the center now. Thanx :)

Your welcome bud , by all means drop it a bit bud , find what is best for you. It makes a huge difference and I think anyone who has centre spring problems should Drop MZ scale a little.

MAARTEN
06-07-2015, 22:51
Yes, so to clarify a little :)

My new settings for my TS500RS is this:

Tyre Force is 30-35

Master Scale 40
Fx Scale 130
Fy Scale 40
Fz Scale 142
Mz Scale 70-90

As i don't go so high on tyre force some of the values on the cars FFB-setting seems to be a bit high but i think it is equal to set a higher tyre force and go down in value of Fx scale, Fz scale and so on.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 22:53
What is the explanation of the MZ scale?

Titzon Toast
06-07-2015, 22:55
Has everyone else reset their wheels after this patch too?

sbtm
06-07-2015, 22:57
No. Everything fine with my t300 since release.

jason
06-07-2015, 22:59
I have not reset my wheel , as in recalibrated ....NO

With regards to MZ scale , all I find when I raise or lower it Raising gives me higher return spring (centre spring ) lowering gives me less return spring and a more natural flow of the wheel.

Flaw3dGenius
06-07-2015, 23:01
Found it

Definitions

Fx = longitudinal force component (braking)
Fy = lateral force component (sideways force when cornering)
Fz = vertical force component (weight transfer, bumps)
Mz = torque around the vertical (Z) axis due to e.g. caster, King Pin Inclination, scrub radius etc.

Some good info here...

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-project-cars-ffb-guide-thread.105466/

Roger Prynne
06-07-2015, 23:17
^^^ Look at the links in my sig.

GrimeyDog
06-07-2015, 23:54
While i dont like the fact that the Setting Numbers are Now all wacked out and you cant get 50% on Most of the settings... I must Admit the FFB Feel with the V2 wheel seems to have improved.... 50% FFB and 100% tire force is Now Very drivable with good feel... I can even use less than 50% FFB and its still very strong with Good feell... Good job on the Sonker update!!! My In car FFB settings seem to work well with Stonker 2.0

RockyAlexander
06-07-2015, 23:58
I'm happy to report the AI is greatly improved after the patch. No longer does it feel like racing a bunch of moonshiners in Hazzard County. My hat is off to the developers for this. I also noticed AI cars tend to slow when driving offtrack now. Can someone else confirm this? Again, great job, devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iITvIQXUeTg

Diablo944
07-07-2015, 00:21
i havent found the steering wheel 'three presets' yet? Am i missing something? Or does it auto detect and give you the one for your wheel?

But i will say this, the wheel is better (t300), i really need to fine tune it to a point i get decent feel, but its definitely better, for a start, when you turn the wheel fully at a stand it stays where you put it and moving the car slowly forward does what a car in the real world would do and turns the steering wheel slowly back towards straight. the godawful twang back to centre on a millimetre of forward movement has gone.

Edit:- its back and i dont know why. Coming to a stand the wheel is resetting the steering back to zero. Biggest difference now is that it resets to straight ahead as soon as the car comes to a stand? Weird, i have no idea why its changed. Last time i played it worked right then its wrong again? I did recalibrate the wheel earlier, its all thats different (all i acieved with recalibration was to lose the wheels performing like real world as it did and my deadzone 1 setting. Now i am stuck with zero or 6. Aaargh).

The shifter is now usable with 'every' car. I just had a rip around donington using a lykan and the shifter (i know, unrealistic, but for a shifter user its a nice option). Awesome, it will save me a lot of errors in those times where i select a sequential gearbox car and forget its a sequential until i have used the shifter half a dozen times and find the gears selected are anything but what i wanted.

One oddity i hadnt noticed til now. If you are in manual gear mode and screw a race up and do a restart, do not touch the throttle even if you know you are in neutral! The car drives forward as the screen fades in and the commentator is doing his usual 'lets go like billy shit feck and pick a few cars off speech'. Been disqualified a couple of times for it and every time i look down and the shifter is in neutral but the car has launched as though in first gear. Gt40 single player quick race on donington just in case its track specific or car specific. I still cant figure while auto drivers can sit with their foot buried to the floor on the throttle but nothing happens til the lights are green, but manual drivers can jump the lights?

Looking good so far, even the gt40 is vaguely drivable now, albeit not much fun on those old world tyres (can we have the modern rubber option please?).

Flaw3dGenius
07-07-2015, 00:27
i havent found the steering wheel 'three presets' yet? Am i missing something? Or does it auto detect and give you the one for your wheel?

But i will say this, the wheel is better (t300), i really need to fine tune it to a point i get decent feel, but its definitely better, for a start, when you turn the wheel fully at a stand it stays where you put it and moving the car slowly forward does what a car in the real world would do and turns the steering wheel slowly back towards straight. the godawful twang back to centre on a millimetre of forward movement has gone.

Are you able to put a video up? I still get the violet centering going on.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 00:30
Gonna escalate that manual vs auto jump start thing.

Ryzza5
07-07-2015, 00:31
'3 presets' was announced after Patch 2.0 was finished internally, so most likely you'll see it in a future patch.

jason
07-07-2015, 02:17
'3 presets' was announced after Patch 2.0 was finished internally, so most likely you'll see it in a future patch.

With regards to the presets are they 3 types of ffb configurations e.g classic , bumps plus and so on .

wyldanimal
07-07-2015, 03:36
Thumbs up :eagerness: so far on the Patch 2.0
My FFB feels better than it ever has.
T300RS
I did a reset after the Patch, and then set my own values back in.

Here's a reminder of what I had on Day One out of the box on the PS4 with my T300RS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JD55UXDhM

so to go from that to what it's like now, in such short time is Awesome.
this is Great! recorded this tonight after the Patch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY51lmSi_uI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZtSb-lVI0

The AI seems to be More Aware. that's a big plus.
USB KeyBoard Support for Function Assignments is Great!
( wish you could also Have the DS4 and the Wheel buttons work at the same time as well )

pCars gets Better with every update, and I want to say Thanks to everyone who's working behind the scenes to make this happen.

Well done Team!
if I could Buy you all a John Smiths Extra Smooth, I would.
( that was my Favorite Pint whilst I was adventuring over in the UK )

Edit: Added Link
http://johnsmiths.co.uk/

Luxman_
07-07-2015, 03:50
Fanatec CSW V2 the ffb is more clean now, reactive.
But the bug/error if turn on/off wheel in game, continues.

Some times when enter in lobby the wheel clips in turning workaround ( go to pit and re enter)

Other times no ffb at all. Workaround ( live the lobby and re enter)

Now I can play with de Spr on in the wheel and it works live a charm.

I discover a Issue with Th "deadzone removal" as too 0 values,

If I put on 0 with one click to the left (is perfect)

If I put on 0 with too clicks to the left (max) the wheel If the car stops, the wheel spins totaly to the right.

CSS SQ continues inverted and if You configure it, no longer works at the same time with paddles shifter in wheel.

AI much more competitive now and acurate.

The penaltes of cut the track, far more acurate right now.

General: thank You SMS team for the hard work!!!

But continue patching the Issues like This I reported and many others. ;)

Chonas
07-07-2015, 04:09
Cool - what wheel do you use? what FFB, TF, settings? Do you use any of jack spades settings?

Ps4, T300rs, FFB 100 and TF70. And I use the jack spades mix setting. Everything perfect before and after resetting configuration.

Deadzone
07-07-2015, 05:03
The most noticeable change for me has been the performance of cold tires. No more ice skating about as you first take to the track in free practice. Yes you still need to be a bit tentative on cold tires, but not to the extent I was previously.

The only odd thing I've noticed so far is the sliders moving in increments of 6 on the controller setting screens.

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 05:12
so any info or feedback how increments of .06, 0.60 and 6.0 will effect everything? how do we get other way of increments or is this wanted with "6"'s??

alegunner68
07-07-2015, 05:44
so any info or feedback how increments of .06, 0.60 and 6.0 will effect everything? how do we get other way of increments or is this wanted with "6"'s??

This needs looking into please, we need to be able adjust in 0.01 increments not 0.06 to be able to fine tune settings. I've almost got my ffb settings perfect for me, but it needs fine tuning especially on the deadzone removal.

mjemec11
07-07-2015, 06:33
Thumbs up :eagerness: so far on the Patch 2.0
My FFB feels better than it ever has.
T300RS
I did a reset after the Patch, and then set my own values back in.

Here's a reminder of what I had on Day One out of the box on the PS4 with my T300RS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JD55UXDhM

so to go from that to what it's like now, in such short time is Awesome.
this is Great! recorded this tonight after the Patch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY51lmSi_uI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZtSb-lVI0

The AI seems to be More Aware. that's a big plus.
USB KeyBoard Support for Function Assignments is Great!
( wish you could also Have the DS4 and the Wheel buttons work at the same time as well )

pCars gets Better with every update, and I want to say Thanks to everyone who's working behind the scenes to make this happen.

Well done Team!
if I could Buy you all a John Smiths Extra Smooth, I would.
( that was my Favorite Pint whilst I was adventuring over in the UK )

Edit: Added Link
http://johnsmiths.co.uk/

Could you share your settings please?

ChrisK
07-07-2015, 06:39
For anyone interested, I hooked up the logitech k810 Bluetooth keyboard I had at home today without high expectations, it worked flawlessly. Great little keyboard. Small, light, wireless, illuminated keys and outstanding battery life.

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard-k810

This feature of added keyboard support is straight up BADASS.

What I'd love to see in a future update is some sort of display which reflects the settings changes for the things you can adjust. roll bars for example, it would be great if there was a flash on the screen to tell you what the new rollbar setting is cos otherwise it's going to have limited use in car setup applications as it's too hard to remember what you have it set on. Given the flexibility with hud displays, how cool would it be to have a hud display which is focussed on vehicle setup. That would be perfection.

For things like changing seat position, alternating the motec display etc where there is a change you can immediately see, it's just absolutely brilliant. Well done SMS. This makes a material difference to the game.

florent71
07-07-2015, 07:01
@ Ian Bell : could you please tell me if the soft steering dampening option that keep reset on is investigate and fixed ? and will this be fixed in the next patch ?

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 07:01
For anyone interested, I hooked up the logitech k810 Bluetooth keyboard I had at home today without high expectations, it worked flawlessly. Great little keyboard. Small, light, wireless, illuminated keys and outstanding battery life.

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/bluetooth-illuminated-keyboard-k810

This feature of added keyboard support is straight up BADASS.

What I'd love to see in a future update is some sort of display which reflects the settings changes for the things you can adjust. roll bars for example, it would be great if there was a flash on the screen to tell you what the new rollbar setting is cos otherwise it's going to have limited use in car setup applications as it's too hard to remember what you have it set on. Given the flexibility with hud displays, how cool would it be to have a hud display which is focussed on vehicle setup. That would be perfection.

For things like changing seat position, alternating the motec display etc where there is a change you can immediately see, it's just absolutely brilliant. Well done SMS. This makes a material difference to the game.

Very good point Chris.

Mods, add it to the list for investigation please.

Voxen
07-07-2015, 07:08
Ian I'm sorry to bother you again with this but could you please please please ask the devs to add a slider to fine tune the centering spring alone?
The tyre force slider affects too many other FFB values when we just want to lower the centering spring.

This is really what we need, if you look at this thread some people are happy with the centering spring as it is now and some other still find it too heavy, which means there is no perfect static value, its open to personal preferences. Thanks a lot!

VR-42
07-07-2015, 07:23
Great patch guys, I am a very happy bunny

ChrisK
07-07-2015, 07:29
Very good point Chris.

Mods, add it to the list for investigation please.

Woah...you do read my posts. I was getting a complex cos I thought I'd need to pucker up to get your attention. If you keep it up...and please...contain your burst of excitement at this point...then you may very well have the pleasure of my sparkling personality for a long time to come.

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 07:54
Ian I'm sorry to bother you again with this but could you please please please ask the devs to add a slider to fine tune the centering spring alone?
The tyre force slider affects too many other FFB values when we just want to lower the centering spring.

This is really what we need, if you look at this thread some people are happy with the centering spring as it is now and some other still find it too heavy, which means there is no perfect static value, its open to personal preferences. Thanks a lot!

The team plan to make changes for the next patch.

Voxen
07-07-2015, 07:59

Awesome, thanks!

MAARTEN
07-07-2015, 08:26
Ian, i can't stop thinking of what a difficult task you got to satisfy everyone with the settings and force feedback and all the combinations of hardware there is out there. It must be easier to travel to the moon :)

daddyboosive
07-07-2015, 08:49
I had some class races last night with the vrroom guys. Didn't witness any of the issues really. The only thing that happened last night was the bug that stops a car dead in the middle of the track. Just about managed an evasive manoeuvre though lol.

Sik180sx
07-07-2015, 09:07
I don't get the whole resetting controller configs for wheels or the calibrating pedals,i do calibrate the wheel everytime i load up the game but,i never touched my global settings once i got them perfect about a week ago and after 2.0 dropped my ffb is still flawless so why do a controller reset?and as for my pedals,never calibrated and the work amazing,clubsport v1's by the way,so cheers Ian and sms team for constantly evolving and improving this game :)

Jaymz456
07-07-2015, 09:11
* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.

Just tried a couple of races yesterday after installing Patch 2.0. That's true, tyres are not flat anymore after a pit stop.... but i came in with slicks tyres and asked for Inter twice, and i went out of the pits with my old slick tyres... Why ?? :(

Chonas
07-07-2015, 09:18
Just tried a couple of races yesterday after installing Patch 2.0. That's true, tyres are not flat anymore after a pit stop.... but i came in with slicks tyres and asked for Inter twice, and i went out of the pits with my old slick tyres... Why ?? :(

How do you know what tyres are you actually wearing??

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 09:23
I don't get the whole resetting controller configs for wheels or the calibrating pedals,i do calibrate the wheel everytime i load up the game but,i never touched my global settings once i got them perfect about a week ago and after 2.0 dropped my ffb is still flawless so why do a controller reset?and as for my pedals,never calibrated and the work amazing,clubsport v1's by the way,so cheers Ian and sms team for constantly evolving and improving this game :)
^this, I have not reset or calibrated anything since May. My G27 FFB is fine. For some players when their profile gets corrupted/deleted then this would force them to re-calibrate or reset the controller, but I cannot really think of another reason to force this procedure.

Jaymz456
07-07-2015, 09:26
For example, i'm on Formula B. I start the race with Inter Tyres, which you can clearly see on the car. After 7/8 laps, i decide to pit, and choose Slick Tyres as the track is getting dry. I come into the pits with my Inter Tyres, in red because overheating, then, i choose the Slick Tyres, and after the pit stop, i go out with the same Inter Red tyres i had before.

pioneer1985
07-07-2015, 09:30

Ian did you get my PM ?

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 09:37
Ian did you get my PM ?

Forward to Bruno please mate.

Chonas
07-07-2015, 09:45
For example, i'm on Formula B. I start the race with Inter Tyres, which you can clearly see on the car. After 7/8 laps, i decide to pit, and choose Slick Tyres as the track is getting dry. I come into the pits with my Inter Tyres, in red because overheating, then, i choose the Slick Tyres, and after the pit stop, i go out with the same Inter Red tyres i had before.

I see, so you see it with the external view...are you sure it really changes with the different compounds? Does it change if you select it from the begining?
I was looking for a way to check what tyres I'm wearing, but even if I can see it in the external view I find it very difficult (even more if I'm running).

Daffers
07-07-2015, 11:02
amazing stuff, seems like i can start my career now!

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 11:19
This needs looking into please, we need to be able adjust in 0.01 increments not 0.06 to be able to fine tune settings. I've almost got my ffb settings perfect for me, but it needs fine tuning especially on the deadzone removal.
so all are by 0.06, 0.6 or 6 and "deadzone removal falloff" by 0.01 and some increments are by 0.00 or 0.0???? which i dont understand why...whats the difference between -0.0 and +0.0????

then additionally when you move slider all the way left (max) and then move right you get different value, and when you move sliders all the way right (max) and come back left you get other values??????

i have the feeling this is a bug or at least not wanted like that, that different values on sliders depending on which side u come from.

and some values are still xx.01 and some are xx.00...???? why cant they all be xx.00??

alegunner68
07-07-2015, 11:26
Here are my global FFB settings I'm using with patch 2.0 on PS4 T300 using Jack Spades rumble settings.
I'm so happy with the way it feels i thought I'd share.
FFB CALIBRATION
TF- 50
PWM- 0.04
PWMS- 0.04
WPS- 0.06
DRR- 0.04
DRF- 0.00 MUST DO FULLY LEFT THEN 1 CLICK RIGHT!
LS- 0.00
LS- 1.02
LD- 0.00
RAG- 1.28
RAB- 0.08
RAC- 1.16
SK- 1.00
SR- 0.00
SCHI- 0.00
SCFI- 0.00
CONTROLS.
SDZ- 0
FFB- 100
That's it!

Flaw3dGenius
07-07-2015, 11:38
Here are my global FFB settings I'm using with patch 2.0 on PS4 T300 using Jack Spades rumble settings.
I'm so happy with the way it feels i thought I'd share.
FFB CALIBRATION
TF- 50
PWM- 0.04
PWMS- 0.04
WPS- 0.06
DRR- 0.04
DRF- 0.00 MUST DO FULLY LEFT THEN 1 CLICK RIGHT!
LS- 0.00
LS- 1.02
LD- 0.00
RAG- 1.28
RAB- 0.08
RAC- 1.16
SK- 1.00
SR- 0.00
SCHI- 0.00
SCFI- 0.00
CONTROLS.
SDZ- 0
FFB- 100
That's it!
How on earth do you get DRR 0.04, Mines goes up in 0.06's

alegunner68
07-07-2015, 11:42
You'll have to go fully right then back down. May take a few goes..
Edit: you may want to try leaving PWM and PWMS at default 0.00. I tried to get to 0 but 0.04 was the closest i could get