PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Cam View Locked "On-Line only"

jaytona13
06-07-2015, 14:44
Does anyone have this problem from time to time? When joining a server the cam view is locked to bumper cam, and can not be changed unless you exit server, load that particular track in solo mode, hit the hot key to change view, exit solo, and hope you can still get back in the server you originally joined. (IF so is there a permanent fix?)
Im on PC version.

By the way this sim really is awesome and there are so many really good things about it, and I am very happy I chose to buy it, I have more time in pCars than all the other ones as of late. Good Job WMD & SlightlyMad and all who made this possible.

resmania
06-07-2015, 14:50
Yes, known issue. This comes with following combo(sort of)
- DRIVE option disabled
- Locked to Bumper cam view
- Infinite loading
- Crash( UNHANDLED EXCEPTION)

In my case, Drive option disabled -> reconnect -> locked to bumper cam or UNHANDLED EXCEPTION or Infinite loading
I suspect one bug is causing another, like the chain effect.

xautos
06-07-2015, 15:16
Yes, known issue. This comes with following combo(sort of)
- DRIVE option disabled
- Locked to Bumper cam view
- Infinite loading
- Crash( UNHANDLED EXCEPTION)

In my case, Drive option disabled -> reconnect -> locked to bumper cam or UNHANDLED EXCEPTION or Infinite loading
I suspect one bug is causing another, like the chain effect.

im having it at times on different rooms, i dont like the bumper cam. my prefered choice is the roof cam on the gt3 car and the t cam above the airbox on the open wheel cars.

Butzemann
06-07-2015, 15:30
Yes, the same. Happens from time to time, when I had to wait in the lobby, while a session was already running.

MABlosfeld
07-07-2015, 15:07
I always use HELMET field of view

I also have this problem and the solution
1) enter the game field of view bumper
3) press button to change the field of view but does not work
2) I am forced to leave the game ONLINE
3) enter game OFFLINE field of view remains bumper
4) press button to change HELMET field of view now works
5) go out of OFFLINE game
6) enter play ONLINE with HELMET field of view
7) Now everything is working

ps: sorry my english

Henrique Clausing
07-07-2015, 18:37
I'm just leaving the online lobby and entering again... on the second conection, I can turn back do my prefered cāmera (Helmet Cam).

webuserjonny
08-07-2015, 00:13
I thought Patch 2 was supposed of fixed this issue. I can say that it hasn't. :-(

BDR Daz
08-07-2015, 00:19
I thought Patch 2 was supposed of fixed this issue. I can say that it hasn't. :-(

Was never included as fixed in the release notes as far as im aware ...

YANNLEBLANC
08-07-2015, 09:52
I had the bumper view bugs many times, so I tried to map a key to the keyboard instead the button's wheel to change the view cam, now if the bug appear I press the key and it work! ;)

MABlosfeld
08-07-2015, 14:43
I had the bumper view bugs many times, so I tried to map a key to the keyboard instead the button's wheel to change the view cam, now if the bug appear I press the key and it work! ;)

I will try later
hoping to work
thanks

Henrique Clausing
10-07-2015, 11:14
Really good workaround YANNLELANC (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?99-YANNLEBLANC) !!

Thanks

F2kSel
10-07-2015, 12:35
Are you saying map the key to a wheel button?

MJP
10-07-2015, 18:16
Are you saying map the key to a wheel button?

I think he's saying the other way round, I've always had it mapped to my keyboard and it doesn't stop me getting the bug. This and the 'steering ratio' bug where it feels like someone's slid the steering ratio slider all the way to the left are the bane of my PCars experience and result in multiple rejoins before I can drive normally. As the thread title states these problems are strictly online only.

F2kSel
10-07-2015, 19:22
Yea mine is already mapped to keyboard and still get the issue, always have.

I've noticed the steering bug also usually after driving the Bentley as that does have the slider all the way to the left.
When I choose another car I think it messes up one setup with the previous one.

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 19:32
Mike Laskey has solved the locked DRIVE button for the next patch, not 2.0 but the one after.

nono782
10-07-2015, 23:21
Sry Yann, but mapping to the wheel or the keyboard does not fix this issue.
You just got lucky after you made this change.
Hopefully Mike Laskey will solve this one too :)

Mark Quigley
11-07-2015, 00:53
I've started to notice that if the drive button blinks to white twice when joining a server you are good to go with no bugs.
If the drive button only goes from grey to white once then you will have either the steering ratio, the camera bug or maybe both.

YANNLEBLANC
12-07-2015, 08:15
Sry Yann, but mapping to the wheel or the keyboard does not fix this issue.
You just got lucky after you made this change.
Hopefully Mike Laskey will solve this one too :)

Yes, apparently I'm lucky for this (but to be fair...you must choose a special key on your keyboard :witless:, not too big , no too small...)

xautos
12-07-2015, 10:59

i have my cam controls already mapped to "c" on the keyboard and that does no good, wish i could of changed out of bumper cam on silverstone national with the new wing complex, there is a corner that has a small downhill before the hangar straight. i couldnt see where i was going, had no idea i was even close to the corner. so basically sat there hesistant on where to put the car, cost me half a second a lap at least.

MABlosfeld
12-07-2015, 14:17
Steering wheel turns around to the side when you exit the box
view bumpers locked
drive disabled

It occurs only in matches ONLINE
these errors can be caused by being INTERNET connection?