PDA

View Full Version : Not the noobs are killing the online fun....

Broter
06-07-2015, 18:58
.. all the good drivers hiding away in "leagues" and/or behind passwords are killing the online fun!

Think about it.

DisagioAbbestia
06-07-2015, 19:56
That's a consequence

xautos
06-07-2015, 20:24
an unfortunate consequence, the community is fracturing into smaller communities with their own rules, i hate to say it but they will only care for their own group and not look to the outside eventually it wil get to the point there will be so many big leagues with hundreds of players in each, the public part of the listing will be non existent and the next big problem wont be the wreckers, it will be the advertisement of league sites that remain empty but always running on a dedicated server.

i hope i am not just scaremongering here, i really hope not.

Iwanchek
06-07-2015, 20:25
dont hate the players hate the game... (irony)

cluck
06-07-2015, 20:40
.. all the good drivers hiding away in "leagues" and/or behind passwords are killing the online fun!

Think about it.The idiots who either have no idea how to behave in an online race or are simply there to cause trouble are killing the online fun, nobody else.

We all owe it to ourselves, and others, to drive responsibly. The shambles in the average public qualifying lobby is a sight to behold - people ramming into each other, racing each other into corners (with obvious consequences), taking revenge for accidental knocks, the list goes on. I'd shrug my shoulders if it was in an actual race, but this is just for qualifying. Honestly, calm down folks, if somebody is holding you up on a lap, back off for a bit or return to the pits.

Treat the virtual racetrack the way you'd expect a REAL racing driver to treat it and everybody will get more enjoyment.

OperatorWay
06-07-2015, 21:30
It's the same problem in many (maybe most) multiplayer racing games. There are a lot of gamers who just want to drive fast cars & don't have an understanding of actual motorsport. The fact that this game does not allow lobby hosts to kick trouble-makers from lobbies without a vote (and stop them from re-joining) makes it even harder to avoid trolls. If the game doesn't prevent troublesome online behavior, and the game doesn't provide the tools for the community to police itself, then the community can only decline.

Butzemann
06-07-2015, 21:40
Treat the virtual racetrack the way you'd expect a REAL racing driver to treat it and everybody will get more enjoyment.

That is what I ve meant in another thread about a "system", which should identify the wreckers. From my point of view there are two major deficits:

1. Most of the people racing online have no idea of racing and the common rules, which are valid on every race track
2. Project cars would become more realistic, when these racing rules considering the damage model, would be implemented.

I feel confident, that a working black flag rule would solve most of the problems, people complain currently:

1. Ghost cars on the track
2. Driving in the wrong direction
3. Driving with a seriously damaged car.

I reckon this approach is to simple ...

bmaytum
07-07-2015, 00:53

Think about it.

You've undoubtedly heard before "... If ya can't beat 'em [n00bs & wreckers], seek out the good guys". A large Steam group of experienced and clean racers (Project CARS, Grid Autosport, Grid 2, other racing games) is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IgnitionRacing (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IgnitionRacing). Highly recommended, many events. You can send me Steam Friends Request EZTarget (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966072340/)

jason
07-07-2015, 01:03
You've undoubtedly heard before "... If ya can't beat 'em [n00bs & wreckers], seek out the good guys". A large Steam group of experienced and clean racers (Project CARS, Grid Autosport, Grid 2, other racing games) is [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IgnitionRacing (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IgnitionRacing). Highly recommended, many events. You can send me [u]Steam Friends Request EZTarget

That is exactly what we are doing here in Australia , I myself have played maybe 5 games online in a open lobby , Its like the lottery thinking is this guy going to let me passed without incident or am I going to get wiped out here ( most of the time its the later unfortunately ).

Myself and about 20 guys have formed a little group that we get together if there are a few on and we race between ourselves , a league will eventually form from this that is inevitable and I look forward to it!

I just don't see the point of the random lobby's its just to frustrating :( sad but true.

A large Fractured community has already formed .

Mahjik
07-07-2015, 01:16

Think about it.

It's not just the crash-kiddies in general pushing people to leagues.... A lot of people join leagues to run races longer than 5 laps..

jason
07-07-2015, 01:19
It's not just the crash-kiddies in general pushing people to leagues.... A lot of people join leagues to run races longer than 5 laps..

I agree . I'm assuming it can become harder to group up as time passes for some , which I understand.

For the guys who just want to jump online and enjoy a race and not worry about leagues for commitments and so on , it must be friggen frustrating

Ryzza5
07-07-2015, 02:00
Every now and then you might try to organise an inter-league tournament where a few from various leagues represent their team online. This is something I've been a part of before (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXNOEshQ_pU&list=PLJO09rIH740p4Zi1fADiDvgCQOz5w1tD1&index=18) in GT6 with some of Australia's elite drivers. Helps establish new connections with other players.

jason
07-07-2015, 02:12
That's a great idea +1

JeyD02
07-07-2015, 02:24
dont hate the players hate the game... (irony)

Bad irony..

MrFlibble81
07-07-2015, 02:26
I agree . I'm assuming it can become harder to group up as time passes for some , which I understand.

For the guys who just want to jump online and enjoy a race and not worry about leagues for commitments and so on , it must be friggen frustrating

Yep, it really is. I don't have the time to commit to a league what with work and family stuff so a quick 5-10 lap race a couple times a week is all I need, I might sometimes find an hour or if I'm reallyv lucky 90 minutes on a weekend to play online (playing offline is no problem as I can pause it) and yeah, it's really frustrating having to play with people who either crash into you on purpose cuz you know, that's fun to do. Orjust don't know how to race and end up running into you anyway.

God I envy you lot that have free time to commit to leagues and stuff.....but at least I have a cute baby. So you know, guess its not all bad!

Ryzza5
07-07-2015, 03:13
If you have a bunch of clean racers added to your friends list (Steam, XBL, PSN) I find it fairly easy to start something if some are already playing or if they appear online, just by asking a few.

Steam > open a chat window, then click the arrow and invite others to chat. Once a few drop in ask if they want to race.
Might be able to do something similar on console or via their mobile app.

Jakob
11-07-2015, 11:38
I wish I had the time to commit to a league, instead, I'm just stuck to the public lobby as well. I find that if you can seperate yourself from most of the pack, the front runners are usually always clean racers, but, if you get stuck in the middle or the back, good luck. Luckily, I like to think I'm a decent racer and I'm running in the top 3 more than I'm not. It's getting around the first couple corners, if you can do that without getting rammed off the track, most times you'll be fine.

It's still sucks that people are doing the things they do, but as I said, until something is done about the wreckers, people like me, who just race in the public rooms, we just have to deal with it.

OppaErich
11-07-2015, 11:59
I've tried online just once so far. The first three lobbies required a password but I managed to find one that let me in. Nordschleife, I didn't really get what was going on, qualifying session or something. I started a lap but didn't make it far. People leaving and joining the lobby made the game pause for several *seconds*. Didn't take long until it hit me mid corner -> wrecked car. What is up with that, network problems ?

Mark Quigley
11-07-2015, 12:07
The last race I done was a public 32 player 30 lapper.
By lap 2 we had one player cruising round with no front wheels trying to wreck people.

He stayed for the entire duration wrecking everyone who came past, by lap 27 it was just me and him left, lap 28, he leaves and it's just me left.

30min practice
1 hour qualify
28 laps and 31 people later and I'm trying to figure out why I do not have time to run in leagues but I have time for this shit.

chart_e
11-07-2015, 13:21
yesterday, I finally find a GREAT room with 20 and more good players, we had the time to do 3 races before 3 wrecker enter and start ramming and parking in the midle of the track, ruining the race of everybody. The consequence of that, the host killed the room to create a private one.He tried to ask people to kick them but nobody cares,they were to focus on their lap times if qualifs. If the host could have been able to kick them right away in practice or qualifs it wont have hapen. After that I wasn't able to find a lobby with more than 5 players...
I'M a clean and respect full driver, let pass faster,if I hit I let the other guy go in front ect. and I'm not the fastest but even if I am in the back I enjoy a good fight with other ones.
If every rooms have only 5 players or they emptied out caus of wreckers its boring as hell
I cannot play in leagues due to my erratic work schedule and would enjoy good races when I have the time

Ramshackle
11-07-2015, 19:43
I've given up with the game. If I hadn't bought the digital version (first and last time I'll do that) I'd have traded it in by now. Since I'm stuck with it, I come back here every so often in the hope there's news of a big multiplayer patch. It's a shame because multiplayer has the potential to be great. I just can't help but think the developers massively overestimated the quality of online racers this game would appeal to.

FoxMulder
11-07-2015, 19:58
2 months we are reporting the same issues over and over again and nothing has been done to fix this. Multiplayer seems like a big oversight, the penalty system is lackluster, you can't create online championships, just dull single races with nothing to keep you interested. So many things are missing but it's already been said so many times so I will just move on.
I too bought the digital version and it's the last time, nothing beats hardcopies you can just resell and get at least something back.

Stevesixty7
11-07-2015, 20:43
The idiots who either have no idea how to behave in an online race or are simply there to cause trouble are killing the online fun, nobody else.

We all owe it to ourselves, and others, to drive responsibly. The shambles in the average public qualifying lobby is a sight to behold - people ramming into each other, racing each other into corners (with obvious consequences), taking revenge for accidental knocks, the list goes on. I'd shrug my shoulders if it was in an actual race, but this is just for qualifying. Honestly, calm down folks, if somebody is holding you up on a lap, back off for a bit or return to the pits.

Yep, I had someone earlier all over my arse on an out lap, even nudging me, I let him go. Some people are not intelligent enough to realise the difference between qualifying and the race.

Ramshackle
11-07-2015, 20:51
I've always avoided buying digital copy of a game (when there's the option of a physical copy) just incase it's a letdown. I had so much confidence in PCars being great I went and got the digital. Like you say FoxMulder, the multiplayer problem is brought up time and time again, but we never hear of any plans to address the issues that are putting people off playing. It's frustrating to me because I've had some incredible online races on PCars, but unfortunately they're hugely outweighed by races where a bunch of people are intent on ruining the race for as many players as possible.

veloce
15-07-2015, 09:57
The last race I done was a public 32 player 30 lapper.
By lap 2 we had one player cruising round with no front wheels trying to wreck people.

He stayed for the entire duration wrecking everyone who came past, by lap 27 it was just me and him left, lap 28, he leaves and it's just me left.

30min practice
1 hour qualify
28 laps and 31 people later and I'm trying to figure out why I do not have time to run in leagues but I have time for this shit.

Yes I can relate to that.
The endurance is not about the racing but who has the biggest patience with the sorry people that only destroys (probably in frustration for not being able to keep up the pace of the better drivers)